PDA

View Full Version : Durkon has divine intervention from 5e.

Brutalitops
2020-08-14, 11:30 PM
For context I'm talking about the 5th edition ruleset here and I know this comic is technically older than 5e so its not true but all the evidence lines up so perfectly if you ignore the facts and its fun to theorize.

In 5th edition clerics get an ability at level 10 called divine intervention. This essentially means they roll a 1d100 and if they roll their level or under their god will intervene on their behalf. Durkons interactions with contacting thor are perfect for that feature.

When Durkon prays to thor for help it could be seen as him rolling his percentile dice. That's why when durkon prays to thor he's always busy doing something else like debating Hel for Souls or Drunkenly shooting at trees. The one time Durkon succeeded in divine intervention was when he cast control weather when fighting that druid. I know in reality thor just messed with the rules because he thought it would be awesome but that's what divine intervention is. Gods bending the rules to help their followers.

I know its not true given the lack of word of God and the fact that the moments I'm talking about are older than 5th edtion but it just makes a lot of sense Narritavly that Durkon had that feature to explain why thor intervened and why thor often didn't.

Peelee
2020-08-14, 11:48 PM
Divine Intervention requires an action. The Control Weather incident, for example, had Durkon using his action to cast the spell. It would require Durkon to have an extra action.

Grey Watcher
2020-08-15, 12:06 AM
Divine Intervention requires an action. The Control Weather incident, for example, had Durkon using his action to cast the spell. It would require Durkon to have an extra action.

I dunno, if you wanted to make it work, you could. Control Weather normally takes a few minutes to gradually change the weather, rather than abrupt, sudden changes. So Durkon casts control weather and, the turn after he finishes, uses his action to request Divine Intervention to the effect of "C'n ye make this work instantly an' also have it save me friend, aye?"

Fyraltari
2020-08-15, 03:28 AM
all the evidence lines up so perfectly if you ignore the facts

Yup, I'm on the Internet all right.

Vrock Bait
2020-08-15, 08:02 AM
All the evidence lines up so perfectly if you ignore the facts.

Can I sig this?