PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pathfinder Psychic Enervation Help

HiroOfRoses
2020-08-16, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, new to the forums so if this is the wrong place for this, let me know. Thank you!

I am currently running a Wilder in a Pathfinder/Homebrew campaign. We use Pathfinder as the base for rules feats, spells, etc. I'm looking for a way to make my Wilder's Psychic enervation have a lower percentage but the only thing I have found so far is a feat that lowers the amount of Power Points consumed reduced by half. Our group likes to be hasted so obviously, my Wilder enjoys the ability to Wild Surge twice a round, and recently, the 15% feels more like 50%. (She uses the Free Surge so she is dazed for a round when she enervates.) Any fixes known that can help with this would be appreciated.

Psyren
2020-08-17, 10:00 AM
I believe this belongs in the 3.5/PF subforum.

Circlet of the Sheltered Mind reduces your chance to enervate by 5%; If enervation is truly getting on your nerves, you could see if your GM will let you pay to research a custom Greater version.

You can also make enervation less painful when it does happen. The Enervation Fortitude won't stop the daze effect, but it will reduce the PP you lose by half. And a Surge Crystal embedded in your head will let you surge up to 3 levels higher than normal with no corresponding increase in your enervation penalty.

HiroOfRoses
2020-08-17, 10:09 AM
I believe this belongs in the 3.5/PF subforum.

Circlet of the Sheltered Mind reduces your chance to enervate by 5%; If enervation is truly getting on your nerves, you could see if your GM will let you pay to research a custom Greater version.

You can also make enervation less painful when it does happen. The Enervation Fortitude won't stop the daze effect, but it will reduce the PP you lose by half. And a Surge Crystal embedded in your head will let you surge up to 3 levels higher than normal with no corresponding increase in your enervation penalty.

This info helps a ton! That 5% will hopefully make a lot of difference, because even though 15% doesn't sound like a lot, the dice aren't usually in my favor .-. I will definitely be looking into these and talking to my DM about them. Thank you so much.

stack
2020-08-17, 11:35 AM
Can you talk to the GM about retraining into a surge with a less drastic penalty, or is free wilder somehow integral to the character?

HiroOfRoses
2020-08-17, 11:44 AM
I could probably change it if I really wanted to but the character is based of Jean Grey from XMen (I'm definitely a nerd lol) and free surge just seemed to work best with the character idea.

Psyren
2020-08-17, 11:44 AM
No problem!

Ultimately Free Surge is one of the weaker options (losing your turn is a big drawback). If your GM allows retraining I would consider swapping out that class feature for Student Surge, Leader Surge or Warrior Surge.

HiroOfRoses
2020-08-17, 11:45 AM
Student surge was one of my considerations if I was allowed to retrain it

jdizzlean
2020-08-21, 04:14 AM
The Mod Life Crisis:Thread moved to the right forum