PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Standard action spell AND make one Attack?

Allstar
2020-08-21, 09:17 AM
I've been reading my sources over the last week working on a character build and I read something that I disregarded but actually now would like to read again to be sure;

I was reading a class ability description and it said something along the lines of 'if you cast a spell you may then make one attack'. As in cast 'Magic Missle' as a Standard Action and then hit something with a weapon maybe as a Move Action or Swift Action. Anyone know where I might've read that?

I've been researching Dwarves (for roleplay not power) and Arcane/Divine Theurges. I don't think I've confused this with the Arcane Archer ability which says 'you make cast the spell into the ammo and then fire the arrow'. And I've only been reading D&D 3.Xe books and so not confusing this with the Eldritch Knight ability War Magic in 5e as I've not been in that book this week!

Kurald Galain
2020-08-21, 09:21 AM
I was reading a class ability description and it said something along the lines of 'if you cast a spell you may then make one attack'.

Sounds like the Magus class.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/

Darrin
2020-08-21, 09:37 AM
PHB p. 140, "Touch Spells in Combat":

Many spells have a range of touch. To use these spells, you cast the spell and then touch the subject, either in the same round or any time later. In the same round that you cast the spell, you may also touch (or attempt to touch) the target. You may take your move before casting the spell, after touching the target, or between casting the spell and touching the target. You can automatically touch one friend or use the spell on yourself, but to touch an opponent, you must succeed on an attack roll.

Zarvistic
2020-08-21, 09:44 AM
Was it definitely a class ability? Draconic Claw comes close to what you're describing, but it's a feat.

Anthrowhale
2020-08-21, 10:10 AM
Duskblade says:

...you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack.
There are a few other classes with channeling as well.

Saintheart
2020-08-21, 11:22 AM
Havoc Mage?

Endarire
2020-08-21, 06:09 PM
Swiftblade?

Pathfinder Eldritch Knight?

Jade Phoenix Mage?

Raumathari Battlemage? (Seemingly not.)