PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pathfinder - help me understand Mythic Rules .... you`re my only hope.

GrayDeath
2020-08-23, 02:39 PM
Jokes aside, I dont really see them as much clearer than vague guidelines.

it seems our long running group will, at reaching Level 20, only advance in one class called Demigod, and gain mythic levels to do so 8ergo we need a number of mythic levels to get the new levels, and we do not use regular Epic Rules, than Boccob).

So, aside from the fact that anything even approaching Epic magic will be as banned as .... Epic Magic, what would you recommend a LE Gestalt Rogue/Warblade/Telflammar Shadowlord/Legacy Champion Warforged mix of Teleport Killer and Frontline leader to go for, and why?
So far I ahve squeezed every inch of optimization that is not semi/really infinite or requires Feat shuffling out of the build to keep in striking sdistance with a Psion/Thrallherd and a early access Spontaneous Theurge. Player and Buiild being greater than Class keep me there so far, but I intend that to remain true if possible.
I will continue to be the teams frontline leader, and (if that helps) also can build androids and (with a medium chance of exploding the lab and sacrificing innocents to get there)) Warforged.

As written above, we gain 1 Mythic level, and need to gain more (we already have plans for fitting mythical "Quests") to become closer to Godhood which, if all works, we will reach some time after Effective Level 25/Mythic 5+.

Thank you all in advance.

GrayDeath
2020-08-24, 12:21 PM
Hmmm, 700+ views and noone got an Idea/Suggestion?

Seems Mythic is around as well liked as Epic....

stack
2020-08-24, 01:17 PM
Maybe specific questions would help. Based on your post, it seems you are mixing 3.5 and PF1. As far as I know, PF doesn't have any formal epic rules at all.

Mythic ranks are independent from hit dice/class levels and are gained as the GM deems appropriate. Sounds like you have a plan for that already.

Ultimately, mythic gives martial characters some neat tricks and lets casters ignore all limitations on casting a certain number of times per day. So its like the base system, magnified.

Knowing exactly what material you are using would help, since psionics are either ported from 3.5 or 3rd party, your classes are some mix of 3.5, etc. and you may be using 3rd party mythic material that could really change responses.

GrayDeath
2020-08-24, 02:05 PM
We are using 3.P, almost full (in general, if PF does something 3.5 did not do, it is used, if both do something, the DM chooses which applies).

We are not using Epic Rules, luckily. We are simply adding 5 Levels of Demigod after we reach 20, that class is nonnegotiable and I have no clue what the elvels will entail.

Now, I simply asked what from mythic you would recommend for a highly optimized, mostly melee, leads from the Front, Character with loads of Immunities and Shadow Teleportation that aims to remain relevant comapred to our casters. That is relatively specific already, no?

But to sum it up again: melee, not a caster, wants to remain valuable, also elader and some sneaka ttack/high Skills, ONLY needs help regarding Mythic, what to take and why?

And I dont get why it matters what Psionic rules we are using if I am not Psionic? Care to elaborate? :smallconfused:

stack
2020-08-24, 03:21 PM
If the party psionic is the target you are trying to keep up with, what mythic options the psionic has are relevant.

If they are comparable to mythic spellcaster, for using a primary martial with paizo only mythic options, the answer is "you can't keep up." Optimized mythic caster wins and you won't be close.

GrayDeath
2020-08-24, 03:32 PM
We are adapting anything giving casters anything even remotely like Epic SPellcasting out of existance.

Normal power boosts/abilities will be used as normal. And I know that, if they optimized the way I do, I have no chance.
They do not though. They are satisfied with choosing 1-2 powerful classes and not retarded Powers/SPells.

And as for mechanics. 3.5 Psionics. He`s a Kineticist/Thrallherd.

shaikujin
2020-08-25, 06:47 AM
Erm, I think the subject title does not match what OP is actually asking for.

OP, it lools like you are asking for recommendations of which path and path abilities is inline with your character and still let you keep up with the 2 other casters in your part, correct?

As a non caster, I would go for either the Marshal path or the Trickster path as these expand your versatility the most.

Marshal allows you options with leadership/followers, largest surge dice (up to 2d8), and you can "lend" this to your party members.

Trickster allows you to do a sort of 1d2 crusader (search for this) - infinite damage with 1 hit. Lets you grab a juicy path ability from a different path, plus lets you take over magic effects from others (some of the personal buffs that your 2 caster friends use on themselves? You can get it too if they are willing to recast on themselves).

Kurald Galain
2020-08-25, 08:15 AM
Some of the more powerful non-caster tricks include Mirror Dodge; items with Everlasting + Flexible Bond, or Undetectable; casters get better though, since Arcane Surge is flat-out ridiculous.

The Marshal path offers good options for teamwork. The best marshal's order is Rally, and good abilities include Distracting Assailant, Heroic Block, and Painful Gambit.
The Trickster path offers various useful dirty tricks. The main one is Fleet Charge; the most suitable abilities are Mirror Dodge, Path Dabbling, Transfer Magic, and Vanishing Move.

Surprisingly, most mythic feats are pretty lacklustre (except the ones that give you more path abilities), as are almost all mythic items (except the customizable legendary item). Also, champion path is just not very good compared to the others. HTH.

GrayDeath
2020-08-26, 04:46 PM
Hmmm, sounds similar to what skimming them made me think. The only valuable from the Champion I would take is the speed boost, as my character is already very fast.

So probably going for a Trickster Variant, unless I can swing a Marshal Build with my only mediocre Charisma.

Thanks so far, and still open for suggestions.