PDA

View Full Version : Player Help How would you build a Dhampir?

Azreal
2020-08-23, 10:06 PM
So I'm going to be playing a dhampir in a future Avernus campaign. My DM already has race stats for that I'd be getting a +1 in Strength, Dexterity, and Charisma.

So my question to you, what class or combination of classes you would play that would suit a dhampir raised by bandits and his Vampire/Bandit Queen mom? I was thinking of ways to reflavor things as blood magic, but I'm open to all suggestions for this guy.

langal
2020-08-23, 10:10 PM
Maybe ask for sunlight sensitivity and some nice buff to balance it out too.

Lord Raziere
2020-08-23, 10:13 PM
Well it depends, what role did the Dhampir play in the bandits?

Did they like fighting and thus rob people by force? then Fighter

or did they prefer the subtler and sneaking aorund and taking things without noticing approach? then Rogue.

if they used blood magic to accomplish things well, probably sorcerer, unless they really liked playing a certain con of "hello I'm a friendly bard let me play a song while the other bandits sneak up behind you!"

things like that. because there are many roles one can play among bandits, you have to specify what they preferred to do.

Azreal
2020-08-23, 10:18 PM
-snip-.

Fair enough to narrow the field, the concept I had is going to be a more aggressive personality. I like the idea of having either learned or inherited blood magic and just being raised up with a fairly rough crowd fighting just seems natural to him. I'm just not super married to any one concept though so I'm mostly putting out feelers for ideas and seeing if I latch onto one.

Which might be frustratingly vague and I apologize.

Lord Raziere
2020-08-23, 10:22 PM
Okay....I dunno....sounds sorcerous to me, if probably focused on evocation, maybe? if you can refluff blood magic as evocation? but then he might refluff something like charm person as controlling their blood to act friendly around him? I dunno. just throwing out ideas.