PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Halloween treat?

EllysW
2007-10-31, 06:37 PM
What's your favorite treat to get or give at Halloween? This year I was in the mood to eat 3 Musketeers, so that's what we're giving out, and I get the leftovers.

What are you happy to see in your bag?

Emperor Ing
2007-10-31, 06:38 PM
Bah. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than scaring small children as they walk by. :smallsmile:

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-31, 06:47 PM
Bottlecaps. They're awesome, but nobody sells them anymore, so halloween is the only time we can even hope to see a pack. :smallconfused:

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-31, 06:49 PM
I've always favored Twix bars over the years. But I didn't get to go trick-or-treating, or heck, even dress up this year! :smallfrown:

Raven T.
2007-10-31, 07:09 PM
Halloween is the only time of year you can find large bags of Take 5 bars. Those things... *shudders some* I swear by all that is holy, I'm addicted to them.:smallbiggrin:

Sisqui
2007-10-31, 07:52 PM
Halloween is the only time of year you can find large bags of Take 5 bars. Those things... *shudders some* I swear by all that is holy, I'm addicted to them.:smallbiggrin:

LOL, so is my husband. We bought a big assorted bag of candy- Twix bars, Milk Duds, Take 5, Reese's Pieces, etc... I looked in the bowl a few minutes after he opened it.........and all the Take 5's had mysteriously disappeared. Spoooooky :smallwink:

My favorite is probably Rolo's.

Jack Squat
2007-10-31, 07:55 PM
well halloween snack is Candy Corn.

Normal candy bar is a milky way (midnight).

*starts drooling, pulls a Midnight out of the desk drawer, and eats it like a squirell*

Preeecuiioooossss.......

adanedhel9
2007-10-31, 08:34 PM
Hmm, either candy corn or mini Reeses peanut butter cups. And yes, the mini part is important - they have a better ratio of chocolate to peanut butter than the full-sized ones.

Dryken
2007-10-31, 09:07 PM
I loved getting the Reeses peanut butter cups. Now that I hand the candies out, they children never receive them from me due to...er...mysterious circumstances.

Dragonrider
2007-10-31, 09:09 PM
I'm not so fond of most candy. (I think candy corn is VILE.)

But chocolate....Man, I'm on my way to an overdose...I've had two mini bags of peanut M&Ms, four Hershey kisses, and a kit-kat. Heh. That's not bad actually...but my teeth are feeling rather choco-fied...:smalltongue:

Drider
2007-10-31, 09:13 PM
Twix, kit-kat, reese, 3 musketeer, rock.
In order of yumminess. cookies to who gets the referance.

Lilly
2007-10-31, 09:22 PM
Well I've got a whole ranking system:

Upper Chewy, Ultimate Chocolate
Laffy Taffy (any flavour other than grape), Hershey bars, Twix, Twlizzers, Starburst (pink and red only), Gummi Lifesavers, Whoppers, Bullseye Carmel and Rolos.

Middle Chewy, Upper Chocolate
Snickers, Butterfinger, Reeses cups, Starburst (any other color), Gummi Bears/worms, Swedish Fish, Choclate with Nuts, Plain Carmel.

Lower Chocolate, Upper Candy
Bottle Caps, Neco Waffers, Crunch Bars, 3 Muskateers, Baby Ruth, Skeleton shaped candy bits, Sweet Tarts, Smarties

Bottom Tier
Candy Corn, Circus Peanuts, Popcorn Balls, Anything made by Brachs, Eyeball shaped anything, Grape Laffy Taffy.

Raven T.
2007-10-31, 09:32 PM
Actually, Brachs makes some darn good Root Beer Barrels.

Pyro
2007-10-31, 10:10 PM
@^^ The care you put into that ranking system makes me smile.....then wonder

Anyway I love Twix....yummmmmmy

Kitya
2007-11-01, 10:53 AM
MINI Heath Bars!!! yummmmmmm.... totally addicted. *chuckles*

I bought Tootsie pops and made em into ghosts, and a HUGE bag from a warehouse store of assorted mini bars... Almond Joy, Hershey, Whoppers, etc. Those were donated to the Trunk or Treating our area put on this year. No sidewalks, so we never get any kids at our houses... and by doing this, we got tons!

Then.. for at home... *ahem* :smalleek: one bag of Heath Bars, One Bag of Kitkats, and... just in case we DID get any kids... a bag of mixed stuff... but a regular bag... not the huge one I gave to the area. But we didn't get any kids... so... guess it's aaallll for me and kidlet! Altho, knowing me, by the time HUbby gets back next month, there'll probly still be some left over. I only eat a couple pieces a day.. if that.

Kidlet learned that she could chew off one corner of a mini Three Musketeers bar and squish it all up and suck it out thru the corner.. she's 13 months... *chuckles* She also discovered the wonderful world of skittles and M&M's!

Amotis
2007-11-01, 02:10 PM
A house in La Jolla (rich people) a few years ago gave five dollar bills and condoms for Halloween. Haha, I love rich people.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-01, 02:14 PM
A house in La Jolla (rich people) a few years ago gave five dollar bills and condoms for Halloween. Haha, I love rich people.
So... some money for alcohol? :smalltongue:
... That's so wrong, but so funny.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-01, 03:09 PM
I actually love Candy Corn. In fact, I've even gone so far as to discover 2-3 different types of Candy Corn. My favorite is Type #2, which is darker colored and has no white part :smallbiggrin:

topher
2007-11-01, 03:10 PM
What's with all the candy corn hating. I know it's not as good as say reese's peanut butter cups, but I still like em a lot. Anyway....reese's and skittles are my fav's.

edit: ahhh ninjas!!

Ego Slayer
2007-11-01, 03:12 PM
Y'know, it's been so long since I've had candy corn that I don't even remember what it's like. o.O

topher
2007-11-01, 03:14 PM
Y'know, it's been so long since I've had candy corn that I don't even remember what it's like. o.O

It's some mixture of sugar and delicious, thought the exact ratio is proprietary.

Pyro
2007-11-01, 04:02 PM
Composition of Candy Corn

1 part sugar
1 part various food coloring
2 parts love
500 parts aging in the back of Walmart

Reinboom
2007-11-01, 04:11 PM
I can't stand candy corn...
or most strictly sugar sweets (halloween suckers, the tiny small usual candys, etc.)

that said, I love reeses cups, and caramel corn balls.