PDA

View Full Version : Best games in which to collect and display loot

Thimblewolf
2020-08-24, 04:15 PM
What are the best games for going on dungeon crawls, collecting collectibles and displaying them in your house? Bonus points if you get to customize the actual house. Both sims 3: world adventures and Skyrim come to mind, but the dungeons in skyrim are pretty repetitive and the sims 3 is pretty ugly by modern standards.

Man_Over_Game
2020-08-24, 04:43 PM
What are the best games for going on dungeon crawls, collecting collectibles and displaying them in your house? Bonus points if you get to customize the actual house. Both sims 3: world adventures and Skyrim come to mind, but the dungeons in skyrim are pretty repetitive and the sims 3 is pretty ugly by modern standards.

I know that Borderlands 3 allows you to visit someone else's room, where they can set an item of each type (Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Pistol, Shield, etc.) on display, and you can view the stats and everything from them.

Artanis
2020-08-26, 02:05 AM

Does Minecraft count?

snowblizz
2020-08-26, 03:08 AM
Many of the Asassin's Creed games had a "base" of sorts where you could see what you had accomplished, it was partly functional as well as ornamental. So your "base" developed as you expanded the game an invested in it, AC2 had a town of yours, AC3 a homestead and so on. Usually also contained a display room for weapons and outfits (doubling as an equipment picker) and a trophy room where stuff collected as you completed game. I think as laste as AC Syndicate there were trophies, I think they used to call the mementoes, though the "base" was a much reduced thing. The world would also change in response to your actions.

Not sure these counts as dungeon crawls though.

Fallout 3 - NV - 4 all let you collect stuff (unsurprisingly they are basically Oblivion and Skyrim reskins, or other way around, depending on where you started) and the last one had a quite expansive building/crafting part. But the first ones had stuff you collected and displayed too. Who can forget the bobblehead doll stand.

ARK Survival Evolved that's basically all you do, collect resources to build stuff by often killing stuff. There are a myriad of things to build amongst others a lot of trophy collecting stuff. One of the game goals is to collect stuff off the game bosses or find artefacts that are very hzaardous and difficult to get. And then build a trophy stand for that to show it off. To I guess your in-game tribemates if you play it MMO style. I can't stand people so I play it SP as an exploratory/survival game.

BeerMug Paladin
2020-08-27, 01:59 AM
Terraria and Minecraft seems pretty good for this. There's a lot of optional things in both games to collect and the fact that you not only choose what to display in your house/room/whatever, you get to choose from the ground up what the place looks like means it's a lot more open ended on just how you want to display that loot. You could, for example, make the walls of your house out of gold.

I remember one of the handheld Castlevania games had a room that displayed collectible furniture you acquired as you played the game, but that was more a room to display optional collectibles in fixed locations rather than a loot room.

Psyren
2020-09-01, 04:17 PM
ESO has player housing where you can show off items IIRC. And I think in Warframe you can decorate your ship?

Traab
2020-09-23, 09:10 AM
Not so much dungeon crawls but doesnt the latest animal crossing game have a lot of collectibles and things in it to display in your customizable home?

Spacewolf
2020-09-23, 09:12 AM
MHW is pretty good as well, you can set up your fav armour, alot of things you do give decorations and you can place animals that you have caught over the course of the game.

kornyleroy
2020-09-23, 03:15 PM
The first game I played was Skyrim. Now Skyrim is in my TOP 5 games because of very captivating plot and excellent graphics of that time.
Now I play Hearthstone. In my opinion, this addicting game is perfect for all loot lovers. In Hearthstone, you can build your collection of cards and play as your favourite Warcraft character.
My preferred game mode is the arena where I receive awards for victories. :cool:

Brother Oni
2020-09-27, 03:53 AM
And I think in Warframe you can decorate your ship?

In Warframe, you can decorate your ship with either trophies that you've picked up from playing the game (e.g. quest rewards like Inaros' jar from Sands of Inaros, fish that you've caught, ayatan sculptures), cosmetics you've bought from traders (e.g. a boot fishing trophy, Fortuna packing crates) or cosmetics you've bought with the ingame premium currency.

You can also donate these decorations to your clan's dojo (communal guild built housing) to spruce that up as well. The dojo has its own set of decorations, although they're technically not collectable loot (you design the structures, then fund them using ingame resources). They can get ridiculously elaborate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6KalNyRESA), especially when you consider that this (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/f/fc/CBclanhallb1.png/revision/latest?cb=20130813134223) is what you start off with.

ShneekeyTheLost
2020-09-28, 09:25 AM
New Vegas had a mod called Underground Hideout that had a whole armory. Thing is, it had this huge wall where you could put every weapon in the game, including DLC content, and a place for each one. Also it had shelves where you could stock literally every type of ammo in the game. That was a pretty dang sweet room.

"Okay, so I'm missing a golf club for my melee collection... whelp, looks like it's time for Driver Nephai to get some .308 JSP Karma..."