PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon generator for Starfinder

Cravix
2020-08-24, 05:21 PM
I know there are dungeon generators out there for normal DND but i havnt seen anything for Starfinder. So essentially a space station that looks similar to absalom station is found, but only the first top floor is available and the rest is essentially a dungeon crawl and they will have to keep going deeper. A randomizer will help me to create the dungeon in its entirety.

Pauly
2020-08-25, 09:15 PM
Space Hulk, the old GW game had a very easy to use map generation system. The system was recreated in their Warhammer Quest games.

It creates more of a dungeon environment than a coherent well thought out space station.

Psyren
2020-08-26, 12:44 PM
Googling "tabletop maps space station" got me some layouts you might find interesting.

I don't think purely random map generation is what you want, as unlike dungeons, space stations have to be functional both inehrently (i.e. you need a power source, life support, maintenance access etc) and as living spaces for sapient beings. You should probably start with an existing layout, identify the core elements from that, and then you can randomize or iterate the connecting spaces.