PDA

View Full Version : Fully Functional

Theodorus
2007-10-31, 07:22 PM
I've been reading for a long time, but this is the first time I've registered for the forums.

Anyway, did anyone else notice the subtle irony on panel 2 of Comic #483?

Vaarsuvius says, "Elan, I have every certainty that both Sir Greenhilt and Mistress will be returned to us - fully functional - by this time tomorrow."

This seems ironic, considering Roy's postmortem accident.

What do you think?

Migodnar
2007-10-31, 07:24 PM
By fully functional I think she means alive (and with all parts of their bodies...)

Icewalker
2007-10-31, 09:03 PM
Yeah, so does he. Roy's postmortem accident could be considered an issue with a part of his body...

"I'm sure Durkon can fix that too."

factotum
2007-11-01, 03:28 AM
Raise Dead will automatically fix wounds like that, I think--it just says the body has to be reasonably whole (e.g. it wouldn't be able to replace a missing head or something like that). Resurrection, which is what they'd have to cast to get Roy back now, will work even if only part of the body is present, so an arrow in the nethers is hardly going to be a problem for it.

ref
2007-11-01, 08:14 AM
Raise Dead would have not fixed that wound. Fortunately, they're in Resurrection realm now.

Theodorus
2007-11-01, 02:14 PM
Well, my question was not whether Roy's 'functions' will be okay or not, but whether anyone else noticed the irony of Vaarsuvius adding in 'fully functional,' when Roy's corpse suffered - admittedly reparable, but that is not the point - damage to his groin area.