PDA

View Full Version : Anyone.... Built a Winnebago? (Monsters of Murka Campaign Setting)

Lord_Xaedien
2020-08-26, 12:13 AM
So, I am starting a game using the Monsters of Murka campaign setting. Its going to be an epic roadtrip across the kingdom... which means they'll need a truly Murkan way of getting around.

A Winnebago.

Specifically, a winnebago jacked up with monster truck tires, and a few fun special abilities courtesy of some magically enchanted truck nuts (If this sounds weird... just read the campaign setting book. I think I'm on brand).

While I dont want winnebago combat right out of the gate, I want to at least have a clear understanding of how to operate such a thing from a mechanics standpoint. I never played D20 modern, and I dont do alot of this style of homebrewing, so I thought I would check with the community to see if anyone had built anything... kind of analogous to this? Or had a recommendation for a starting point?

Any help and feedback would be appreciated!

Forevaxp
2020-08-30, 07:01 PM
I’ve seen vehicles built as monster stat blocks, so maybe start with that. Give it whatever ac & speed you deem appropriate, and give it immunity to psychic and poison damage.
A mechanic you could use is how much fuel the Winnebago has, I.e you can go X amount of distance with Y amount of fuel, or you can make the Winnebago Dash for X rounds with the amount of fuel you have. If you don’t want to track this, you don’t have to, I’m just spitballing here.
I don’t own it, but I know that Descent into Avernus has rules for their “War Machines”