PDA

View Full Version : Good Wii games

StickMan
2007-10-31, 08:58 PM
Anyone know of any.

I'm interested in the Simpson's game if anyone has played it. Looks like it may be good for the Wii but I'm not sure.

Volug
2007-10-31, 09:06 PM
...LIST!!
STOP!!...
TABLE TIME!
{table=head]GOOD GAMES!!! | Bad games
Zelda (Duh..) | Wii play (Though the controller is nice...)
Super Smash Bros Brawl | Big brain acadamy (>_< ...It's alright..)
Truama Center (I loved it) | filler
Resident Evil 4 | filler
Red Steel (I suggest you rent it first though, some love it and some hate it) | filler
Bleach | Filler
Naruto | Filler[/table]

There are some more.. But I can't think of them:smalltongue:

tgva8889
2007-10-31, 09:08 PM
...LIST!!
Super Smash Bros Brawl

...yeah, if you can somehow get Super Smash Bros. Brawl now, then I'd like to give you $200 dollars so you can get me one too.

Wii Sports is one of the most fun games I've played on the Wii so far.

Volug
2007-10-31, 09:21 PM
...LIST!!
STOP!!...
TABLE TIME!
{table=head]GOOD GAMES!!! | Bad games
Zelda (Duh..) | Wii play (Though the controller is nice...)
Super Smash Bros Brawl | Big brain acadamy (>_< ...It's alright..)
Truama Center (I loved it) | filler
Resident Evil 4 | filler
Red Steel (I suggest you rent it first though, some love it and some hate it) | filler
Bleach | Filler
Naruto | Filler[/table]

There are some more.. But I can't think of them:smalltongue:

List updated! Feel free to add! Though don't delete please! If you don't like the game give a reason why! But don't delet it.
I personally love Red Steel. THough some people don't because of the controls, I personally have no problem with the controls...

Khosan
2007-10-31, 09:28 PM
I liked Big Brain Academy.

Everyone in my family was competing for biggest brain. It was good fun.

Icewalker
2007-10-31, 09:38 PM
Well, personally I found Zelda quite boring...I never got too into that series.

Um...Metroid Prime 3? Best game for the Wii so far IMO, although I haven't played too many. Very easy, but if you play it on hypermode difficulty I think its pretty hard (haven't tried a second playthrough yet).

SSBB isn't out yet :smallfrown: but will probably amount to....the best multiplayer game until the next Smash game. :smallbiggrin:

bugsysservant
2007-10-31, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely going with Metroid on this one. The best wii game that I have played, though I anticipate SSMB beating it out (though I admit I am heavily biased). And wii play isn't really a game, just a way to get a free controller and instructions on how to use the wii interacitively (since its so hard to figure out :smalltongue: )

Icewalker
2007-10-31, 09:59 PM
Wii Play has some good stuff.

Too bad this stuff (http://www.loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/208/Rejected+WiiPlay+Games) didn't make the cut :smallbiggrin:

I don't have it, but a friend came over and we played 2-player tanks for a few hours. I think that'd be the only really good one it has though...

DivineBriliance
2007-10-31, 10:07 PM
Zelda if you like Zelda games
Wii play just buy it its a controller. the tank game is fun. the game isn't the greatest but since when is a wii controller available for longer then 2 days after the restock
Metroid.
Super paper mario if you like the old school marios
Resident evil 4 (if you haven't played the original for ps2 or gamecube)
Bleach shattered blade, a must for fans a time waster till Super smash bros brawl if not.
Super monkey ball is good its just not a BUY! more like a rent or i have extra money and i bought every good game....

Last and least is sonic, you must be thinking WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY!!!
Don't but it, rent it its fun to make fun of. If you have extra cash and want a good laugh, think of it as a comedy movie.

SSMB will be the best, from its predecessors success

*slaps masato* since when is a naruto game good? its only good in anime and manga. only buy a naruto game if you like the show, bleach is good whether you like the show or not. bleach is just is more enjoyable to fans.

The Duskblade
2007-10-31, 11:55 PM
On top of what has been mentioned I found Call of Duty 3 quite fun. And one small adendem to the list of games. Resident Evil 4 (Whether or not you played the Gamecube/ps2 versions.)

Virtual console. Ahh my classics return to me :smallsmile: Nothing wrong with the oldies some of my suggestions are:

Paper Mario (Stop addicting me damnit.)
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country II
Zelda OOT
Zelda LTTP
Sin and punishment (I haven't played but it's suppose to be good)
The super Marios
The Mario racing game. (My brother and I consider it better then the sequals)
Chrono Trigger (Not on VC but a man can dream.)

Penguinizer
2007-11-01, 12:26 AM
I'm quite sure Guitar Hero 3 is being released for the wii.

Querzis
2007-11-01, 01:53 AM
It look like I'm the only one who played DBZ budokai tenchi 2 because otherwise it would be the number 1 on everyone list. I got Metroid and Zelda but DBZ is the best game on the Wii right now as far as I'm concerned and I never even watched the show! Mario strikers, Mario party 8, Canival games, super paper mario, Wario ware and Red steel are all good games too.

Destro_Yersul
2007-11-01, 02:05 AM
From what I've played, which isn't a lot, Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess are good choices.

Alex Kidd
2007-11-01, 02:28 AM
I've heard really good things about Zack and Wiki, also Super Paper Mario and Elebits are awesome.

Narkis
2007-11-01, 03:43 AM
I second (third, whatever) Metroid and Zelda, they're the best Wii games so far imho. Wii play is worth the extra bucks from the controller, especially if you have other people to play with. Mario party and Warioware are good games, but only if you have other people to play with. Their single player is short and not very interesting. I also liked the Godfather game, which I recommend if you liked Grand theft auto.

Hermit
2007-11-01, 03:46 AM
Zack and Wiki is supposed to be awesome. Everyon should buy it. Out in the UK early December for us Brits, so everyone keep an eye out :p

Don't forget there's plenty of cheap Cube games knocking around these days too, and there's plenty of classics available there.

Triaxx
2007-11-01, 06:23 AM
Gotta go with Metroid. Zelda is tremendous fun. RE4 rules on the Wii. You can even play it GC style.

Volug
2007-11-01, 07:08 AM
*slaps masato* since when is a naruto game good? its only good in anime and manga. only buy a naruto game if you like the show, bleach is good whether you like the show or not. bleach is just is more enjoyable to fans.

Owwww.. T_T

It's one of my favorite fighting games! Ultimate ninja 2 is the best. They are really really fun!!! I rented the Wii naruto game a couple days ago and it is really fun!!!

Also yes, Metriod belongs to the good games. I forgot that game. I should rent it one of these days (I can NEVER buy new games...)

Malificus
2007-11-01, 08:42 AM
I sugest Paper Mario if anything. I loved Zelda (and chances are, if you like the series, you would to, and already have/want it) it was a ton of fun, and Bleach is a good fighter, But Super Paper Mario is a ton of quirky fun with a great story.

I've Played DBZ:BT2 too. And I had some fun with that even though I don't really like the show :/

Ganon11
2007-11-01, 08:49 AM
Zelda is great (although I actually have only played GCN version...), Metroid is great, Wii Play is great (I love tanks, shooting gallery, pool, and the 'air hockey' game). I want to get RE4 for the Wii, even though I have it for GCN, because it will have the extras they released for PS2 (RE going Nintendo exclusive, my eye. Backstabbing Capcom). I played Red Steel for a grand total of like 10 minutes - not enough to get used to the controls, so they felt messy.

Brawl will be awesome.

If Guitar Hero 3 comes out for Wii, I'll get it, but I seriously doubt it will.

Krytha
2007-11-01, 10:19 AM
If Guitar Hero 3 comes out for Wii, I'll get it, but I seriously doubt it will.

You need to work on your serious doubting. Because it sucks (http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-gh3-includes-guitar-controller-online-play-252554.php).

Go buy Zack and Wiki and Super Mario Galaxy.

Ganon11
2007-11-01, 10:53 AM
You need to work on your serious doubting. Because it sucks (http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-gh3-includes-guitar-controller-online-play-252554.php).

Well, dang. And cool.

Rogue 7
2007-11-01, 01:06 PM
Another reccommendation for Twilight Princess. Haven't played Metroid, but looking forward to it. I also reccommend Call of Duty, the control scheme is fun once you get used to it, which doesn't take very long. Warioware is so insanely funny and awesome, it's made of pure win and awesome.

Azuroth
2007-11-01, 02:09 PM
On November 13th, go pick up Super Mario Galaxy.

Best current game has to be Metroid. It's how FPS games on console should be, and it's not even an FPS, really more of an FPA (First Person Adventure).

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-01, 02:22 PM
Trauma Center is a must. I also liked Excite Truck and WarioWare: Smooth Moves. If you can play with several people, also get Wii Carnival Games.

blue chicken
2007-11-01, 02:27 PM
Red Steel tries so hard, but you can FEEL the sweat of nervous tension that the developers poured into it trying to deliver on time.

RE: 4 is the best game if you ask ME, even if you've played it on GC. I just got Prime 3, though, and it's like what Red Steel should have been. Now if only Samus had melee with that huge-ass cannon.

Volug
2007-11-01, 10:32 PM
Also.. New truama center game for the Wii with co-op play is coming out!!!:smallbiggrin:

PlatinumJester
2007-11-04, 03:03 PM
Red Steel would be great except for the controls.
Wii Play is over rated but come with a free controller so it's worth it.
ToS2 is coming out next year which I would recomend buying since the first for GC was great.

TheLogman
2007-11-04, 03:16 PM
Prime 3 Corruption, Excite Truck, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Trauma Center, oh, and Resident Evil 4. The Simpsons Game is only on the PS3 I thought.

Micate
2007-11-04, 04:05 PM
Personally, I found metroid for the Wii to be more annoying than enjoyable. That said, I didn't get too far (got the ice missiles). I just can't stand pointing my arm at the TV the entire time I'm playing the game, so I can barely get into the game before I have to turn it off to preserve my sanity.

Zelda was a fun game, even if Ocarina was better, its still highly enjoyable to those who like the series.

Resident Evil 4. Totally worth (re)playing, even if you played it on the GC/PS2 already, playing it again with the wiimote makes it so much better. You will not regret buying this game. It's awesome.

Otherwise, I mostly use my Wii for the Virtual Console, which is totally worth getting a Wii for, even if you don't get any real games, playing all the ancient classics can be hella fun. (and yes, I just said hella, despite my better judgment, its that cool)

Triaxx
2007-11-04, 07:31 PM
I suppose we have Nintendo to blame, but there's no reason to keep the Wiimote pointed and held in the air. I play with just the wrist. Rest your arm on your leg, or the arm of a chair. The Wiimote is sensitive enough to pick even that up.

hobbes543
2007-11-04, 09:58 PM
Another vote for Twilight Princess. I just purchased my Wii, so haven't played too many games yet. Also, if your into baseball, MLB Power Pros is a good baseball sim game.

Baerdog7
2007-11-05, 12:45 AM
Hmm, let's see here. Of what I've played so far, these are the best:

Twilight Princess
Trauma Center
Metroid Prime 3
Super Paper Mario
Zack and Wiki (it looks kiddy, but seriously isn't for those who were wondering)
Resident Evil 4
Wii Sports (especially if you have friends)
Mario Party 8 (kinda need friends for this though, you have some right?)
Super Monkey Ball (can't speak for single player, but multi was fun)

I may be missing some, but those are what come to me off the top of my head.

Games I'm looking forward to:

New Trauma Center
Guitar Hero III (was playing Zack and Wiki when it came out and haven't picked it up yet)
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Feb 10 is so far away)