PDA

View Full Version : Optimization My Character wants his wife back :D (Breake enchantment help)

Dragondust
2020-08-31, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, we are close to fight the army from the evil guy who stole our familymembers. Those familymembers are under the effect of a mindeffecting spell and are fighting us when they see us. My character got a cohort who is level 9 Cleric and is able to breake entchantments. Those Familymembers got a little mark at their eye as a sign that they are champions from strong daemons. We know that when we break the spelleffect a deamon will appear and fight us for the bodys. The strength of the daemon will be decided on the break entchantment role. We dont know the dc to even break the spell but when my cleric is above it every point is lowering the strenght of the daemon. We can prepare for the fight 2 weeks ingame time and need to increase the break entchantment spell. Our suggestion is to storage the spell and use it in the fight.

Any suggestions item, feat or spellwhise to increase the break entchantment spell? I have like 50.000 gold for that.

things like increase casterleven or straight bonuses for spellroles would be appreciated :) thanks!

DwarvenWarCorgi
2020-08-31, 09:25 AM
String of Prayer Beads (specifically the karma bead) from the DMG is the easiest way to boost caster level.

Other than that, take a look at the luck feats in Complete Scoundrel to get some re-rolls.

Doctor Despair
2020-08-31, 10:39 AM
Use Protection from Evil first, then move them to an overwhelmingly favorable battlefield with lots of effects prepared before actually breaking the enchantment.

Bronk
2020-08-31, 12:41 PM
You could have your cleric take a 1 level dip in Artificer, buy a scroll of Break Enchantment, then cast it from the scroll, using the scroll's caster level, and using the level 1 infusion "Metamagic Scroll", add the 'Empower Spell' feat. That would boost the caster level (CL 15 would be the highest useful caster level) and give a boost to the 1d20 roll as well. Unfortunately, Metamagic Scroll only lets you add two levels of metamagic, so Maximize is out, but still.

Then you'd just have to help the cleric/artificer make the caster level check to use the scroll.