PDA

View Full Version : Are there any resources for the Dalelands?

Stringsbatman
2020-08-31, 10:04 AM
Hello,
I'm the DM in an upcoming campaign and I'm really interested in starting the players off in the Dalelands, however outside of a Wikia I'm not finding a lot of newer information since we are playing in roughly the 1490s (DR). If anyone knows where they could point me I would greatly appreciate it. I just like to have some idea of the current going on's of the location we're in in case I need to flavor something up.

NorthernPhoenix
2020-08-31, 10:12 AM
Hello,
I'm the DM in an upcoming campaign and I'm really interested in starting the players off in the Dalelands, however outside of a Wikia I'm not finding a lot of newer information since we are playing in roughly the 1490s (DR). If anyone knows where they could point me I would greatly appreciate it. I just like to have some idea of the current going on's of the location we're in in case I need to flavor something up.

The events of the Second Sundering (or "soft retcon" if you want to be rude) leave the Dalelands quite similar to how they were pre-spellplague, with most rulers being different due to the passing of years but otherwise being quite recognizable places. In this sense, the 2e book "Volo's Guide to the Dalelands" as well the third edition books Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and the Adventure "Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land" can be helpful sources for fleshing out the Dalelands.

All of these and more are available on the DMs Guild site as PDF.

Stringsbatman
2020-08-31, 10:45 AM
The events of the Second Sundering (or "soft retcon" if you want to be rude) leave the Dalelands quite similar to how they were pre-spellplague, with most rulers being different due to the passing of years but otherwise being quite recognizable places. In this sense, the 2e book "Volo's Guide to the Dalelands" as well the third edition books Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and the Adventure "Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land" can be helpful sources for fleshing out the Dalelands.

All of these and more are available on the DMs Guild site as PDF.

Thank you so much I really appreciate that.