PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A D&d 3.5 I need multiple alignments

samduke
2020-09-01, 05:24 PM
So I have a few classes that I want to combine, I did searching, google-fu failed...

What I need is a way that any race/class can qualify for any PRC that has an alignment requirement, - any and multiple alignment requirements 100% of the time.

NigelWalmsley
2020-09-01, 05:31 PM
You don't need to meet the prerequisites for a PrC once you're in it, so you can just whack yourself with Atonement whenever you want to pick up a new one.

samduke
2020-09-01, 05:33 PM
You don't need to meet the prerequisites for a PrC once you're in it, so you can just whack yourself with Atonement whenever you want to pick up a new one.

unfortunatly I must meet the requirements 100 % of the time

Quentinas
2020-09-01, 05:39 PM
The class combination you want to do would be? That it could be easier to work. The closest race that come to my mind is hellbred but i don't know if it work for qualification

samduke
2020-09-01, 06:08 PM
The class combination you want to do would be? That it could be easier to work. The closest race that come to my mind is hellbred but i don't know if it work for qualification

I do not think there are any AFC/substitution levels for Prestige classes and I was hoping for a generic this will work for any
and no hellbred's evil feature does not help or work in this case

Psyren
2020-09-01, 06:47 PM
Give yourself subtypes from savage species?

Thurbane
2020-09-01, 06:54 PM
What I need is a way that any race/class can qualify for any PRC that has an alignment requirement, - any and multiple alignment requirements 100% of the time.

RAW, I don't think any one method exists to achieve this.

It would really help us come up with a solution if we knew the specific of the classes and reqs involved.

samduke
2020-09-01, 07:02 PM
RAW, I don't think any one method exists to achieve this.

It would really help us come up with a solution if we knew the specific of the classes and reqs involved.

Silver Pyromancer (Five Nations p150) Alignment: Lawful good
Winterhaunt of Iborighu (Frostburn p72) Alignment: Chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, or neutral evil

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-09-01, 07:09 PM
Unless the class(es) you want specify "not-alignment," that is, "any non-evil" or similar, being of a race or having a template with an alignment subtype would qualify you for being an alignment even if your actual alignment is something else. A Lawful-Good succubus (Outsider [Chaotic] [Evil]) counts as being L, G, C, and E all four, despite only being one alignment. It could take any class that doesn't require not being an alignment.

If PF stuff is available upon request, there are a few ways to be entirely unaligned. That is, you don't have any alignment at all (not even Neutral), and you count as being whatever alignment is most beneficial to you at any given time. The PF unchained oracle has a curse option that makes you unaligned, as an example of this.

Kingdoms of Kalamar has the Loyalty's Reward feat, which allows you to build your own feat to give to both yourself and your followers, and even though it's technically official content, it wasn't actually made by WotC, so your DM may not consider it so.

The hellbred race counts as being evil when beneficial, as well.

Metamorphosis and polymorph and its iteratives grant subtypes, so keep yourself in a form with an alignment subtype? A good way to do this is the psychoactive skin of proteus. It's in the SRD (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#skinofProteus).

Get yourself a cursed item with a different effect, and have that effect be "counts as X alignment when pinged for it."

Thurbane
2020-09-01, 07:21 PM
Can I get a citation that alignment subtypes count as an alignment for entry reqs? I didn't think it worked that way, but I'd be happy to stand corrected.

Any effect that depends on alignment affects a creature with this subtype as if the creature has a chaotic alignment, no matter what its alignment actually is.

I think a reading of "any effect" to include PrC reqs to be a bit of a stretch.

samduke
2020-09-01, 07:21 PM
template with an alignment subtype

well sounds iffy but worth looking into

Edit
check templates and races for alignment becomes X of required none of them are desirable end results that become X alignment - wonder if there is a different prc that does something similar to the silver pyromancer

Quentinas
2020-09-02, 01:40 AM
In this case is not required to continue to chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, or neutral evil, as i didn't see any word about that. I don't know what an iceheart is but for example you could do as a build
Human Cleric 5/Winterhaunt of Iborighu 10/ Silver Pyromancer 5

For the Winterhaunt one could even stop to venerate Iborighu technically from what i read , so is not a big problem

Vizzerdrix
2020-09-02, 04:17 AM
I think it is from the fiend of possession handbook. Putting divine minion of the gater god(template) on a diabolus(race) makes you count as chaotic and evil. That combo may be worth looking into.

Khedrac
2020-09-02, 06:40 AM
You can talk to you DM about the feat Ordered Chaos (FC1 p86).

It doesn't state it applies to class selection:

Spells and effects that are keyed to alignment affect you as if you were chaotic, as well as your actual alignment. For example, you become immune to spells such as chaos hammer and word of chaos, you could wield an anarchic weapon without fear of gaining a negative level, and you could take the Primordial Scion feat despite its chaotic alignment prerequisite.
Stretching "effects" to includes classes is no bigger a stretch than including feats, and there is an example of that in the description...

I can think of one way to manage to get a similar ability for good/evil, but the LA/HD involved make it a non-starter - and that is to play a Lilitu demon (also FC1 iirc) which get to count as good in the same way. You would still have to get to be lawful to make use of ordered chaos though.

ShurikVch
2020-09-02, 06:57 AM
Silver Pyromancer (Five Nations p150) Alignment: Lawful good
Winterhaunt of Iborighu (Frostburn p72) Alignment: Chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, or neutral evil
Ordered Chaos + Heretic of the Faith?
Ordered Chaos allow to count as Chaotic Neutral while being Lawful Neutral, and Heretic of the Faith allow to stray on step further...

Other variants...

Anarchomancer PrC (Dragon #315):
Allow to turn into creature of other alignment, gender, race, and class
You wouldn't use your original class while transformed, but you may turn back at any moment (as a full-round action)
Transformation costs 1000 gp and XP
Level in transformed class is lower than your original at least by 2 (may be improved to "by 1")

Take inspiration from the Aleam Valassar, Paladin Assassin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060609a) :smallwink: