PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The eternal outsider: A 3.5 Half-Elf homebrew

Barna13
2020-09-02, 09:35 PM
Foreword: Half elves are awful, we all know this. Their only half(hardy har) decent racial ability is a +2 to diplomacy, and that's fairly underwhelming. This is my attempt to make half-elf a good choice for certain builds. After searching, all of the ones I found were boring, broken, or both. Here then is my proposed half-elf.

Half Elf:
+2 CHA, -2 CON.
-Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
-Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
-Low-Light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
-Of two worlds: For all purposes except racial traits, half elves are treated as half elves, humans, and elves.
-Adaptability: Half-elves gain 8 additional skill points at first level, and 2 additional skill points at every subsequent level. Once per day, as an extraordinary ability, a half elf can reroll a single skill check they have just made before the GM has announced if the roll resulted in a success or failure. They must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll.
-Social butterfly: Upon character creation, a half elf chooses two of the following skills: Diplomacy, bluff, intimidate, perform, disguise, and gather information. The half elf gains a +1 racial bonus to these skills.
-Multilingual: Whenever a half elf would gain a language from spending skill points on the speak language skill, they instead gain 2.
Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.