PDA

View Full Version : Rolled amazing stats, what would *you* make

Walk Hard
2020-09-03, 03:22 PM
Level 3, Eberron setting, no UA what would you make with the following stat rolls?

Seekergeek
2020-09-03, 03:31 PM
I rolled a similar spread a few months ago, I think. Maybe more recently than that. Covid has messed up my sense of time tremendously. I had 4 16's, anyway. I ended up putting together an EK fighter 3/Zeal cleric X (7 to date), and it has been insanely fun and versatile so far. Knowing you probably can't do Zeal if UA is out of the question, I'd recommend going Light or Tempest for the blasting spells and the really solid domain abilities and CD for a melee character. I started at 4, and it has been a hoot every step of the way.

Eldariel
2020-09-03, 03:38 PM
I built a roguish Wizard out of a similar spread. It was really nice to be able to handle an array of skills while casting with the best of them. Cleric 1/Wizard and any kinds of Wizard/Warlock setups could also work great for this as well as Pally 2/Wizard. Elf isn't bad at all with those: 18 Int and Dex on level 1 is just nice as a sneaky Wizardy type. 17 AC, really decent at-will attacks and stealth and such while also having superb casting.

cutlery
2020-09-03, 03:42 PM
A bladesinger (if they exist there) sounds like a natural if you haven't played one yet, as they really need three high stats.

Any of the paladin-based builds could work great, too. You really have no limits with those stats, so I'd be tempted to multiclass something without stat synergy.

MaxWilson
2020-09-03, 03:50 PM
Level 3, Eberron setting, no UA what would you make with the following stat rolls?

Hmmm, those stats can support a very MAD concept. Do I have any MAD concepts I've been itching to play?

[thinks]

I.

I think I'd probably make that a Changeling Artillerist X/Forge Cleric 1/Hexblade 2. At high levels, that adds up to an AC 25ish (+5 for Shield) tank who is immune to paralyzation (Ring of Free Action) and has enough short rest spell slots to keep turrets up all day if he wants. Artillerists don't get 9th level spells, but they do get access to dozens of 1st-5th level spells (more than a wizard gets naturally) including great options like Tiny Servant and Wall of Force. And Changelings are fun to roleplay. Warlock adds a nice at-will attack action to go along with your nice at-will bonus attack action (although the temp HP action is in many cases even better, depending on party composition). Forge Cleric actually speeds up your spell progression slightly as well as giving you access to heavy armor and an extra enchanted weapon or armor.

Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 18 (17) Wis 13 Cha 18 (16)

Intended ASIs/feats: Heavy Armor Master (for Str 15 and even more tanking) around level 5ish, Int +2 around level 10ish, Resilient (Wis) around level 15ish, whatever to finish things off. (I happen to like Spell Sniper.)

Intended invocations: Agonizing Repelling Blast for the damage and control options.

Intended warlock spells: Wrathful Smite (great melee control), Hex (damage, hindering ability checks like grappling), Armor of Agathys.

I've been wanting to play this combination for a while now, and while this PC isn't necessarily stronger than e.g. a pure-class Necromancer, or a Moon Druid with 10s in all attributes, it is definitely rarer to get stats that makes Artificer/Cleric/Warlock actually work. (Wasting awesome stats on powerful SAD classes like Necromancers just feels like a waste.)

II.

However, if I did want to play a SAD-ish class anyway, I'd probably investigate playing a Mark of Shadow (Phiarlan) Bladesinger. Int 18 (17) Dex 18 (16) Con 14. You don't really gain much benefit from your other stats (you're an unusually beefy Bladesinger but who cares?) but you might wind up more powerful than the Artificer anyway. Then again, you might not--it depends on how your DM structures adventures and what monsteres you face.

x3n0n
2020-09-03, 03:57 PM
Whatever extremely-MAD concept you've always wanted, but never had the stats to enjoy.

For example, that could be a Monk with a Fighter-class AC.

Or a Bladesinger as mentioned above, or a (Dex?) Paladin that can afford to max Cha, or your favorite multiclass monstrosity.

Man_Over_Game
2020-09-03, 04:28 PM
Something melee, something MAD, probably something with spells.

Could go Monk + Barbarian (Drunken Master + Ancestral Guardian to deal a ton of damage, taunt, and run away!), or Life Cleric + Sorcerer (Use Heavy Armor Master + Twinned Warding Bond to make your team indestructible!), or maybe Ranger + Warlock (Lots of weapon spells to spam each fight).

There aren't too many things that open up because of perfect stats, as most of the ideal combinations (Paladin + Sorcerer, Druid + Ranger, Fighter + Wizard) are already available.

Tzah
2020-09-03, 05:26 PM
I'd make a melee bard, with 2 levels of paladin or a bladesinger

Naanomi
2020-09-03, 05:47 PM
Rolled 17, Eberron? A Changeling charisma caster (maybe Hexblade?) to capitalize on that 20 Charisma

Or maybe... I dunno, I've always wanted to play a Kobold Battlesmith who rides his robo-dog around, those look like the kinds of stats to make that happen easily enough

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-09-03, 05:51 PM
Warforged, Arcana Cleric, Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 18, Cha 14. For your bonus cantrips learn Booming Blade and Fire Bolt. At 8th level your melee attacks will add your Wis bonus to the Booming Blade damage, and you'll have a decent enough ranged attack as well.

Waterdeep Merch
2020-09-03, 05:59 PM
Maybe a Changeling Valor Bard, take Ritual Caster: Wizard later, and maybe Great Weapon Master, Shield Master, or Sharpshooter? The idea is to recreate the 3.5 Chameleon class as seen here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20041210b).

You don't need much in the ways of ASI's, so you can go nuts on those feats to try and emulate other archetypes. You could reasonably pretend to be almost any other class whenever it suits you.

MaxWilson
2020-09-03, 07:09 PM
Maybe a Changeling Valor Bard, take Ritual Caster: Wizard later, and maybe Great Weapon Master, Shield Master, or Sharpshooter? The idea is to recreate the 3.5 Chameleon class as seen here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20041210b).

You don't need much in the ways of ASI's, so you can go nuts on those feats to try and emulate other archetypes. You could reasonably pretend to be almost any other class whenever it suits you.

To be fair, you could probably do that with a normal, SAD stat array as well. 12, 11, 13, 16, 8, 4 => put the 16 in Charisma, bump 13 => 14 and assign to Dexterity, put 12 in Con, and be a Hexblade 1/Swords Bard X (or Valor if you prefer, although I like Swords' greater mobility). You can still mimic a fighter if you want to, and your Athletics Expertise lets you pretend to be strong.

Mikal
2020-09-03, 08:04 PM

Honestly? Probably a variant human fighter since I can essentially use every single ASI for feats after the first

I’d go 17-13-16-14-14-14
Add 1 to Str and wisdom. Take resilient wisdom at level 1.

Level 4 Str to 20
Then I can use 6, 8, 12, 14, 16, and 19 on whatever the frick I want.

Why the 14 in int? In case I wanted to go eldritch knight.

Waterdeep Merch
2020-09-03, 09:08 PM
To be fair, you could probably do that with a normal, SAD stat array as well. 12, 11, 13, 16, 8, 4 => put the 16 in Charisma, bump 13 => 14 and assign to Dexterity, put 12 in Con, and be a Hexblade 1/Swords Bard X (or Valor if you prefer, although I like Swords' greater mobility). You can still mimic a fighter if you want to, and your Athletics Expertise lets you pretend to be strong.
Absolutely, and it's a good build that way, too. The neat thing about it with the OP's rolls is that it gives you an opportunity to really use each stat. Not a single roll goes to waste!

togapika
2020-09-04, 12:21 AM
I'd go for a mounted build with some sort of halfling so that you can ride a dinosaur!

kazaryu
2020-09-04, 02:13 AM

honestly its mad enough for the 'horizontal mage' concept that i've been wanting to try

disclaimer: the idea is meant to be fun, not super powerful. if you're looking to optimize then this is probably not for you. Furthermore, this is purely theoretical. I haven't had a chance to play it, but in theory it sounds like it should be a lot of fun, with the right group/gamestyle.

mechanically the idea is you take 4 full caster classes+warlock and you take 4 levels in each of them. probably the most optimal combo is sorc, wizard, druid, cleric. druid/cleric doubles the effectiveness of your wismod. sorc/warlcok obviously pair well together. the warlock levels themselves are to ensure that you always have a place in combat. Bard can be subbed in for one of the non-cha casters, if you want to have more spells that use cha, but i think overall the benefits of the other 3 outweigh it.

the 'fun' of the build is that you end up having a whole slew of cantrips and low level spells known. Meaning that while you'll never be shattering the weave like a full caster would, you *will* tend to have just the right spell on hand for any given situation. (at higher levels anyway).

to get a bit more in depth:
sorlock: the core of the build, at least in terms of combat. Obviously combat tends to be a big part of DnD and i don't want to neglect that. eldritch blast and scorching ray will tend to be your go-to damage dealing spells in combat. and so you should probably focus on getting them up and running ASAP. fiend pact allows you to learn scorching ray at warlcok 3, but obviously at the cost of being able to go celestial or hexblade. overall, keep in mind that you're not aiming to perform on par with full casters (i.e. battlefield control/AoE burst) you're acting more as single target DPR. (like a martial). This is probably super important to remember, because it'll be easy for you (and your party) to fall into the trap of comparing you to other casters. That being said, in terms of damage, eldritch blast+hex obviously does a decent job of keeping up with fighters damage. And scorching ray+hex actually scales fairly well with spell level. (a level 6 scorching ray+hex does about as much damage as disintegrate on average) so you're not noone in combat.

as you level up you can also pick up other solid combat spells like hold person (couples with heightened spell metamagic possibly?). so combat-wise, so long as you're not trying to emulate the wizard, you should still be good.

as far as character options:
warlock: i think that celestial is overall the best option. the idea behind the build is to have very wide versatility at the cost of straight up power. celestial warlock gives you access to bonus action healing that doesn't use a spell slot. meaning that you can heal someone and still cast a full spell in that turn. it makes you a pretty solid off-healer while in combat. (everyone knows that combat healing is generally inefficient. and a big reason for that is that its either super weak (healing word) or it eats up your action. and generally your action is better spent taking out enemies.

Hexblade is another good option that would give you more direct combat power with hexblades curse. and a bit more combat versatility in hex warrior. but you do lose out on more general versatility.

For pact boons: i'd say that tome pact is probably what you want, pick up shileaghleagh so that if you do need to start dropping GfB or BB you can use cha. this would obviosuly be an alternative to hexblade. other than that chain pact is probably the way to go.

sorcerer divine soul is IMO the clear winner here. being able to access certain cleric spells using cha is hella important. spiritual weapon, inflict wounds, command, even things like guiding bolt potentially. beyond that you can go shadow sorcerer to give you pseudo darkness/DS.

for metamagic: subtle, quicken, heighten are probably the top 3 contenders. quicken/heighten are probably the best for pure combat. (if an enemy counterspells you they're trading a 3rd level spell for your 1st/2nd level spell. so you still come out ahead in that exchange typically). but personally i prefer the idea of subtle/quicken.

wizard probably diviner. disproportionately powerful ability for the few levels you'll be grabbing. enchanter/illusionist has some neat abilities too but i'd probably stick with diviner.

cleric life cleric means heavy armor and boosted healing spells. but you may not have the strength to fully capitalize on heavy armor. However, if you decide to go druid you will have access to healing spirit which pairs really well with life cleric. Forge cleric also does heavy armor, but also gives you a free +1 armor (or weapon). the channel divinity seems fun out of combat. it also gives you some fun domain spells. searing smite can improve burst. (couple absorb elements with searing smite on an attack that you can force to be a crit via diviner?). heat metal is self explanatory. I think i'd probably go forge over life.

Cons:
>>ordinarily it'd take a long time for you to start feeling the versatility due to needing ASi's
-mitigation: with your stats you can start with a 19 cha and a 14 in each of wis/int. meaning you can actually afford to not get ASI's as quickly. as such, you can start taking levels in your side classes (i.e. non sorcerer/warlock) starting immediately if you want to. Due to the nature of front loaded classes, and caster classes in general you will have few dead levels just from class features.

>>looks super wonky/DM's may not like it. depending on the nature of the campaign, it may seem odd for you to be pactsworn but also a priest...but also a nerd...
mitigation: talk to your DM about the flavor of the character. for example: maybe they're not all of those things individually. instead they're just a mage that has focused their efforts on mastering low level magic, rather than worrying about improving their magic. it seems reasonable that such people would exist. from there the only mechanical limiter is casting focuses, but those aren't huge limiters typically mechanically anyway, your DM may allow you to just handwave all that.

>>some risk of stepping on peoples toes. the build is meant to be very jack of all trades, that means you're going to overlap with nearly all the roles.
mitigation: as you level the differences should become more pronounced. when the wizard is casting wall of fire, you're still stuck with lower level options. the cleric healer gains access to things like Heal. which are much better than what you can achieve. But overall the best way to mitigate this is to just talk with the party, make sure they know what to expect, see if they're alright with it.
>>ummm, honestly there may be more cons, but i can't think of more off the top of my head.

PROS:

>>at level 20 you can have, at any given moment, a total of ~35 leveled spells to pick from. and ~24 cantrips. and thats not counting the ability to prepare new spells on long rests.
downside: obviosly, those spells are all 1st and 2nd. limiting their power.

>>due to the low level of the spells you have access to, you have access to ALOT more of those spells. meaning you can more easily afford to pick up some of the more niche spells that see little use. Things like knock, silence, see invisibility. essentially your spell list acts as a swiss army knife. you may not *need* knock all the time. but dagnabbit if that situation you do need it comes up.

>>again, due to the low level of your spells known, there's no opportunity cost for upcasting. well, there is, but its not the same opportunity cost as a normal first caster has. you cna much more freely use a 4th or 5th level spell slot to cast invisibility since you're not having to worry about not being able to use those slots to cast greater invisiblity later.

>>many many low level features that end up synergizing well. the obvious warlock spell slot conversion is a good example of that.
[b]final notes
let me re-iterate, the goal of this build is to be a swiss army knife. trading a lot of the full caster's direct power for a ton of versatility without making you obsolete in combat. At any given moment you should have something you can contribute, even if you elect to not contribute it. and in teh situations where the rest of the party can't do much, there's a good chance that you have something to help out.

Draz74
2020-09-04, 09:44 AM
Hmm. I have a concept I've been saving for when I roll really good stats: Forest Gnome Folk Hero Nature Cleric 1 / Abjuration Wizard X, who fights mostly with (WIS) Shillelagh + (INT) Green-Flame Blade.

But honestly, your stats might just be TOO good for that character, who isn't supposed to have a good Strength at least.

I could come up with a fun character concept for those stats for almost any class, really. I might go with Valor Bard and play a "missionary" character concept I've had for a while. Or Swashbuckler Rogue and be Westley from The Princess Bride. Genie Warlock Aladdin. Paladin or Monk so that you get good at all saving throws eventually. Even a straight Fighter could be really fun - or maybe the Echo Knight 17 / Ancestral Barbarian 3 build from the Eclectic Builds thread, which is a somewhat MAD fighter. The possibilities are endless!

I'd probably aim to get a racial bonus in my worst ability score, to emphasize the "good at everything" concept even more.

EDIT: whoops, no UA means Genie Warlock won't be available until November. My bad.

Naanomi
2020-09-04, 10:03 AM
I'd go for a mounted build with some sort of halfling so that you can ride a dinosaur!
Or a gnome on your artificer-bot

denthor
2020-09-04, 10:07 AM
Cleric/thief. Or mage/thief use magic device maxed out. You would be the master of all magic.

Satori01
2020-09-04, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=MaxWilson;24693666]
I think I'd probably make that a Changeling Artillerist X/Forge Cleric 1/Hexblade 2. At high levels, that adds up to an AC 25ish (+5 for Shield) tank who is immune to paralyzation (Ring of Free Action) and has enough short rest spell slots to keep turrets up all day if he wants. /QUOTE]

A small quibble, Pact Magic slots can be used to cast spells from other Spellcasting classes you have levels in, but technically, can not be used to fuel class abilities that run off Spellcasting feature, spell slots.

Pact Magic. If you have both the Spellcasting class feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting class feature to cast warlock spells you know.

While Pact Magic grants you spell slots, under a strict reading of the PHB text, you can only use those Pact Magic spell slots to cast spells from other Spellcasting classes your character has levels in.

Pact Magic spell slots can't fuel class abilities from non warlock classes. This is why Coffee-'lock builds are utter nonsense.

bid
2020-09-04, 11:09 AM

With those stats you can pick the wrong race and still be good with 17/16 in your class stats. Ever thought of playing a hill dwarf wizard? With Dex16 Con16 Int17, now is the time.

KorvinStarmast
2020-09-04, 11:24 AM
13 Half Elf Paladin, most likely.
S 17 (+1) D 13 C 14+1 I 14 W 14 Ch (14 + 2)
S18 D 13 C 15 I 14 W 14 Ch 16
At level 4 take Resilient Dex.
At level 8 Boost Cha.
If the game's still going at 12, take a feat that boosts Con or boost Cha again.

Maybe Durable.

Or I'd take a vHuman Fighter, Battle Master or Cavalier, and go Feat Happy.
Start with Inspiring Leader.
S 18 D 14 C 16 I 14 W 14 Ch 14

Lyracian
2020-09-04, 11:42 AM
With those stats you can pick the wrong race and still be good with 17/16 in your class stats. Ever thought of playing a hill dwarf wizard? With Dex16 Con16 Int17, now is the time.
That is my thought too! I like Halfling Barbarian (I never said it was a good choice) start with Str 17; Dex 18; Con 15. Even them out at level 4 for AC 19 unarmoured and enough Str to make use of Rage bonus damage. 13 goes in Wiz to get Resistance later.

Level 20 you have Str 22; Dex 20; Con 24.

Depending on what level the game was going to Monk would be another choice as I do not think they work well with point buy

Warlush
2020-09-04, 12:13 PM
I'd play an Elf Warlock with a double scimitar pact weapon. Mage Armor AC of 18, three attacks with CHA damage, great ranged blasting, stealthy. Start with a 19 in Dex and take the Double Scimitar feat at lvl 4. Then just pump CHA.

Wildarm
2020-09-04, 03:07 PM

Mark of Warding Dwarf Forge Cleric 1/Abjurer X

16 Str, 18 Con, 14 Dex, 18 Int, 14 Wis, 13 Cha

High AC, Abjurer Ward, Armor of Agathys makes you an excellent front line caster.

micahaphone
2020-09-04, 04:12 PM
I'd go super supportive paladin, be the ally that your party loves. One example:

Warforged Ancients Pally

18 str
13 dex
16 con
14 int
14 wis
16 cha

backstory: disabled and inactive (maybe only physically - your mind "trapped" in a broken husk) soldier who was fixed or revitalized by some nature spirits/deity that claim home to this ancient battlefield that's now forest/field.

similar idea, but redemption paladin. might swap str and cha.

HPisBS
2020-09-04, 08:07 PM
You could go Warforged Artillerist Artificer and make an actual Terminator (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?612408-5e-Throwdowns-2-Judgement-Day-aka-the-terminator!&p=24520968#post24520968). By which I mean "a character that is nigh unkillable." Eventually. Though, even at lvl 3, you'd still be pretty dang hard to put down, relative to your level.

https://cdn140.picsart.com/324863414062201.jpg?type=webp&to=crop&r=256

As a warforged, you are the archetypal terminator. You don't eat, drink, sleep, or even breathe. You resist all poisons, and are immune to disease. You have a built-in +1 AC, as well as an extra skill and tool of your choice.

Since you'll be a literal walking tank, grab Smith's & Alchemist's Tools so you can make your own arms and armor. (Maybe even guns. A Terminator should have guns.) And with such high stats across the board, you can afford to actually be strong like a Terminator would!

- cantrips - Mending, Frostbite, or Fire Bolt
- 1st - Absorb Elements, Alarm, Catapult, Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Feather Fall, Sanctuary

Your main survival feature will be your infusions. You start with two active at a time, meaning you'll use Enhanced Defense for +1 AC, and either Enhanced Arcane Focus for +1 on spell attacks, or Goggles of Night. Or maybe just a quality of life infusion, like a Bag of Holding or Sending Stones. Or play up the Terminator angle with a Belt of Hill Giant Strength.

As a level 3 Artillerist, you get the Shield spell (+ Thunderwave) and your Eldritch Cannon (Protector), which lets you spend a bonus action for some thp every round.

Grow to 20 Int at lvl 4, then your tank's main gun will come online at lvl 5. That's when you'll learn to carve arcane sigils into your staff (you'd want to use the one you already infused) to make your Arcane Firearm, boosting all your spells' damage. At that point, you could be shooting out 2d6+1d8 Frostbitess left and right -- at level 5. (Or make it even more firearm-like by shooting Fire Bolts instead.)

- 2nd - Blur, Darkvision, Heat Metal, Invisibility, Lesser Restoration, See Invisibility, Web, + Scorching Ray & Shatter

Soon after that, you'd probably want to replace your char-gen scale mail for some Mithral Half Plate - which you can craft yourself. To get that extra +1 AC and drop that disadvantage on stealth.

And after bumping Int, you can get started on all those survivability feats, like Lucky, Shield Master, Tough, etc. OR, you could max Con with a couple of half-feats: Durable + Aberrant Dragonmark. That way, each hit die you spend would heal you 10-13 hp.

Those stats actually give you some nice advantages over the build I linked. You'd get to start grabbing feats at lvl 8 instead of 12, and you wouldn't need to spend an infusion / attunement slot on an Amulet of Health. Plus, actual play would give you opportunities to at least pick up or craft yourself some +__ armor and shield, which would free up another infusion slot.

TLDR: You'd work your way up to a crazy-high AC and saves without relying on DM fiat since you can provide your own equipment. (Up to 32 AC with Shield spell.)

Or, you could really embrace the MADness with a Pallid Elf Shadow-Stalker-Assassin to make a True Ninja (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?613625-5e-Throwdowns-4-Powergamer-s-Potluck&p=24560731#post24560731). By which I mean "a character that is so awesome at stealth and assassination that you can reliably kill your target before it can ever even act."

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/3b/d2/7c/3bd27c465fbd6f7132aa87f69edffa44--fantasy-inspiration-writing-inspiration.jpg

Background: Charlatan (Deception, Sleight of Hand, and False Identity all help you get close to your targets)

No UA means no Ranger Class Variants, which is unfortunate. Among other things, it means you'd have to grab 2 Ranger levels before getting Hunter's Mark. Otheriswise, though, the linked post is basically how it'd play out.

TLDR: It takes a while to fully come together, but Assassin Rogue 5, Shadow Monk 12, Gloom Stalker Ranger 3 would wind up being able to reliably sneak up and deal ~ 141 Ambush damage ((3d8 weapons + 1d8 force from Gloom Stalker + 3d6 sneak attack + 2d8 unarmed + 5d6 HM) x 2 crits + 25 Dex + 6 Duelist) at lvl 20 thanks to Stealth Expertise + Pass Without Trace to sneak, then Alert + Dread Ambusher (adds Wis to initiative) to always go first.

Frogreaver
2020-09-04, 11:06 PM
I'd probably make the smartest barbarian ever. Meet Dimble the Gnome Barbarian.

Speely
2020-09-04, 11:06 PM
I would probably just play a single-class Monk with those stats.

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-09-05, 05:12 AM
Last time I rolled amazing stats I played a level 6 Kobold champion fighter with SS and CBE.
He had 20 dex, 18 con, 14 str, 16 wiz, 14 int and 16 cha.

He saw himself and a superior kobold, got premition from his dragon to make himself a name and hated all kobold(not his family), goblins(including bugbears and hubgoblins) because they were just evil and stupid and couldn't understand his superior nature.

It was an opportunity to make something that should be weak and stupid based on lore completely ridiculous.

Use this opportunity to make something that shouldn't exist.

Mabbly
2020-09-05, 08:07 AM
I always wanted to try a bladesinger x/paladin 2. Not the most optimal gish, and requires 13 strength, intelligence, and charisma in addition to a good dex and con, but dualling scimatars while smiting and dancing seems cool.

I was thinking youd use the upper level spell slots for Smites, lower for making your wizardly self meatier (shield of faith, absorb elements, shield, blur).

Necrosnoop110
2020-09-05, 09:05 AM
Sorcadin (Paladin/Sorcerer)
Unlimited Blade Works : The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass)

TyGuy
2020-09-06, 10:16 PM
Beasthide Shifter 14-18-16-14-16-13
Way of the open hand monk

Droppeddead
2020-09-07, 05:20 AM
If you know that you are going all the way to level 20? Half-elf Paladin for six levels then 14 levels of Monk. You could also take your first Monk level at level 5. A starting dex of 19 will give you 20 with Elven Accuracy at level 4, if you take Oath of Vengeance you will have tripple advantage against a single hopefully very tough but soon very dead enemy once per rest with Vow of Enmity. Combine with Dueling and Kensei monk (choose longsword for one of your Kensei weapons) and you'll wreak havoc on pretty much everything while at the same time being immune or very resistant to a bunch of stuff.

heavyfuel
2020-09-07, 12:01 PM

I've been meaning to roll a Str based Gish for a while, but they're MAD enough that I can't justify them with standard array, so that's what I'd go for.

Half-elf Valor Bard with 18 14 14 14 14 18, using the variant that gives you a Cantrip to get GFB

Buff allies in the first round, cast spells if there are no enemies in melee, attack them if there are.

Lvl 2 Expert
2020-09-08, 03:31 AM

An arcane trickster rogue/paladin? For ultimate MADness? And a very complete if very low level spell list? But mostly because "does sneak attack stack with smite?" is one of those questions one should never have to ask.

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-09-08, 04:39 AM
An arcane trickster rogue/paladin? For ultimate MADness? And a very complete if very low level spell list? But mostly because "does sneak attack stack with smite?" is one of those questions one should never have to ask.

You never met one of my friends, he like this kind of multiclassing.
And he stack SA with Smite and BB. It is so fun to give his character advantage and bardic inspiration. His attacks have the big number.

chainer1216
2020-09-09, 01:35 AM
If Exploring Eberron is on the table...

A Changling living weapon monk.