PDA

View Full Version : vampire2948's Adventure!



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

vampire2948
2007-11-12, 02:57 PM
okay, just roll a spot check for the smelling...and a listen check too.

Randel
2007-11-12, 03:09 PM
for Buster
Spot check: [roll0]
Listen check: [roll1]

kpenguin
2007-11-12, 03:23 PM
OOC: I think Scent is a survival check.

Thomas

Tom tramps along in his armor, trying to engage his comrades in conversation.

So, where are you all from?

Randel
2007-11-12, 03:48 PM
OOC: Buster has the same stats in Listen, Spot, and Survival

dragon_masterd
2007-11-12, 04:18 PM
OOC: Well, I'm not going to, given that
a) Thomas doesn't know who the hell you are
b) Even if he did, he would probably feel it is well within the right of the local authority to incarcerate you, even if killing the orcs was a little extreme
c) You've been breaking the game since we've started playing

Anyway...

Thomas

Tom stamps his foot impatiently

Surely the wizard and the halfling are done by now...
gee thanks. And technically, I haven't. Its called roleplaying.
so if the dm isn't going to add something to the plot or I don't get out of the jail soon, I'm out.

Kaisshau
2007-11-12, 05:44 PM
OOC: To be honest, I'd be glad to see you go.

"I'm hailin' from tha lands up north, but Oi've been in human lands fer a while now. Tryin' ta find a decent supplier o' goods we cannit make ourselves, or some'un who'd be able ta get us a good price fer our crafts. We've been running low on food lately, an' since the clan keeps growin', we need mor' an' mor."

kpenguin
2007-11-12, 06:00 PM
gee thanks. And technically, I haven't. Its called roleplaying.
so if the dm isn't going to add something to the plot or I don't get out of the jail soon, I'm out.

OOC: Controlling the actions of NPCs isn't roleplaying, its godmodding.
Having an army of orcs, with or without the Leadership feat, isn't roleplaying, its breaking the game.

Anyway...

Thomas

I come from a farming village. Perhaps I could see if I can't get you some of our surplus harvest.

dragon_masterd
2007-11-12, 08:26 PM
Whatever. Did you ever see them do combat? Heck, they could have been an illusion. But why do I care? I hadn't actually had fun yet anyway.
Anyway, I guess I'm Out. Find a new Tank.
:smallannoyed:


OOC: To be honest, I'd be glad to see you go.

Oh, and- Gee, thanks yet again.

Randel
2007-11-12, 08:37 PM
Jerasal

As she scouts ahead, she occasionally looks back to the others "Well, I come from the western plains, alot of the halfling tribes roam the wide open plains on dinoaur back... or dogback, it depends on the tribe usually. We hunt the herds of dinosaurs, caribou, antelope, unicorns (the grey or black ones), fight off hefalumps, kair bears, and the dreaded indigo cyclops... and make various beverages and high explosives from gumi berries."

"My tribe is one of the bigger ones and we have a few permanent villages, my family in particular is one of the wealthiest around." she says proudly. "But my parents thought it would be best for me to go out into the world to see what I could and return with skills and goods that I picked up in these other lands... could take awhile."

MCerberus
2007-11-12, 10:36 PM
Venn

As the party moves forward towards the goblin encampment, Venn listens to the stories of his new compatriots and is once again surprised by Jesaral. With a raised eyebrow he replies to her, "You actually hunt hefalumps? I've heard that halfling hunting parties could take down a woozel but a hefalump seems suicidal."


Realizing that it is his turn to speak he begins to tell them why he's here.

"Well as for me, as you may have guessed I'm a foreigner. I've been too smart for my own good since I was a child and since I was not the eldest apprenticed."

Venn takes a moment to roll over what he just said. His brother still is likely jealous of him. He had been the golden child and it had taken any chance of a good relation between him and his brother away. Hopefully the man can get over it in time to run the family business. The livelihood of much of the extended family depends on it and Venn hopes the man can come through for them...

"You must understand the guild where I come from is not like here. We kept mostly to ourselves and didn't try to step on people... Anyway after I was promoted, I left the university and worked as a guard to pay of some debts. I made my way here because it seemed like a decent place to do research, getting by on adventurers paying an arm and a leg for identification spells."

After Venn finishes speaking, Nigel chimes in, "Like that one time they actually tried to give you a brass arm for payment."

Randel
2007-11-12, 11:19 PM
Jesaral

"Oh, the hefalumps are trouble all right... but we rarely hunt them when they are at full strength." she looks at him sneakily, as if telling him a trade secret. "But hefalumps are very fond of sweet things, if we find one entering our territory we drug it with special mix of honey and toxic herbs for it to find and eat before we attack. Makes it alot easier."

"Of course, the Indigo Cyclops is another matter. Evil flying fiend with one eye and one horn that they use to emit hypnotic music. They usually leave us halflings alone but are known to swoop down from the sky to devour people... usually after the gumi berry harvests but its very rare and they never go after the berries themselves for some reason." she shakes her head.

"Its crazy what kind of creatures are out there in the world."

kpenguin
2007-11-12, 11:22 PM
Thomas

And you folk were surprised at a simple dinosaur!

OOC: Yeah, he's eating up every word. I'd roll a sense motive, but this way's a lot cooler.

MCerberus
2007-11-12, 11:28 PM
Venn

"Well to be fair, all information I had available before today made me believe that the species before us doesn't exist any more. This may give more credence to the rumor that several of the larger similar species may still exist," Venn replies to Thomas.

The conversation at hand seems to be a fountain of knowledge, and Venn listens carefully to every word.

"Is it true that there is a very rare specimen of Dire Tiger that actually does not fall prey to either the hefalumps or woozels?"

Ahus
2007-11-13, 12:05 AM
Hamish

I've never seen anything like that. I thought that dragons were a lotbiger and that they'ld be less inclined to being ridden. Obviously this is not a dragon as it didn't respond when addressed in its own language. Do you think I could try riding it sometime?

My family was exiled from the CITY about five years ago, I've lived here since. My father used to work for a very powerful man in the city, until he caught me with his daughter. We hid our love for a while but her father finally caught on and banished my family. You kinda know what happened to my father. My mother runs a little shop in town.

I'm out here trying to win the respect of my future bride's father.

Randel
2007-11-13, 12:28 AM
Jesaral

"I'm not sure... you may be thinking of the Teteefen (named after a noise it makes as it bounces away). A big orange and black stiped cat. Said to be able to leap many yards in a single bound. I doubt that either of those things would be able to catch it, let alone injure it to any extent. Unfortunately There haven't been any verified sightings of it in years."

"Though... I think one fellow thinks he saw it while lost in Jaguler country. Saw a big orange cat up in the very top branches of a tree. But he didn't want to get too close a look at it in case it was a Jaguler. They are cats too, but they are a light tan and tend to drop down on people that look up at them."

She turns to Venn... or rather Nigel.

"Somebody tried to pay with a brass arm? Well... I've head stories of people with tin arms. You know, a magical prosthetic. But you're probably talking about some kind of art piece right?"

Kaisshau
2007-11-13, 01:18 AM
"A farming village, ya say? 'Ow big? We be needin' a lot o' food. Anyways, enough wit' yer blabber, we're gettin' close ta tha cave now."

OOC: You know, we could always use a dwarven fighter as the damage soaker... I mean, I'm just sayin' is all....

Mithreander
2007-11-13, 09:24 AM
Lorren

Lorren listened raptly to the others conversation and nodded to the dwarf as they came to a sign stating that the cave was within half a mile.

She had hoped to tell her story, but it seemed that it would have to wait.

"Alright all, I think we are close enough where silence may serve us better then getting to know each other... at least at a normal conversation volume." she conceded. Whispering was not going to be any louder then some of them walking anyway: it was not the quietest group.

vampire2948
2007-11-13, 11:22 AM
Random Encounter Time!! yaaaay!

Two arrows come shooting out of nearby bushes straight at Lorren! oh no!!

To hit and for damage.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]



Will this be the end of our young heroine? find out when people start posting!!

Oh, and take 6 damage Lorren.

MCerberus
2007-11-13, 11:42 AM
Initiative: [roll0]



The woozels are attacking! RUN!:smalltongue:

Randel
2007-11-13, 04:04 PM
Jesaral

"We're under fire! Get em' Buster!"

Jesaral rides towards the direction of the enemy archers, her mount lets out a bloodcurdling roar as it leaps towards the enemy and prepares to sink its talons into their flesh.



Initiative: [roll0]

I'm not quite sure about how mounted combat works when the mount is a predator. I'll assume its like a dinosaur with a halfling for a brain.

attack: [roll1]
damage: from talons [roll2]

has base land speed of 40 ft. If the enemy is more than 40 ft away, he uses the full round to run towards them and hide take cover behind something.



or if the above action is against the rules, Jesaral uses her action to fire a bolt at the attackers and then ride her mount behind a tree for cover.

attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]

Kaisshau
2007-11-13, 04:39 PM
Initiative [roll0]

"Where'd it com' from?"

kpenguin
2007-11-13, 08:48 PM
Thomas

[roll0]

Tom dashes toward Lorren. Hefting his halberd in her defense.

OOC: Wait... 6 damage, right? That means Lorren's at 0 hp, so she's still conscious, but disabled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/injuryandDeath.htm#disabled0HitPoints).

Mithreander
2007-11-13, 11:59 PM
Lorren

Initiative: [roll0]

Lorren gasps as a sharp pain pierces her side.

Looking down, she notices the arrow pertruding from her ribs, it's tip buried deep.

Her vision narrows as her fingers try to gasp the arrow and her brain tries to understand what just happened.

Blackness eveloped her as she suddonly experienced a falling sensation and hits the ground.

"Go!" she croaks in Sylvan to her butterflies.

The butterflies suddonly fly in all directions except for a very few that linger over the young woman's body.

Lorren lays prone, looking for a place to offer cover knowing at least from which direction the arrows came from and informs the others.

"They hit from the right side of the road ahead of us!"

Seeinf a place that offered some cover, she starts to crawl towards a nearby bush.

MCerberus
2007-11-14, 12:08 AM
"The right side of the road..." Venn mumbles to himself as he runs over to where the unseen foe is likely hiding. On his way he looks over the area to try and pinpoint their location.

OOC - spot check (alertness +2) [roll0]

If he finds their hiding spot he makes a tight fist out of both of his hands and begins chanting in a barely recognizable dialect of Draconic "Fire of the plane burn them". He opens his palms towards the bush and fire sprays forth, engulfing the creature and his hiding locale.

Burning Hands (DC 15 Reflex Half) [roll1] hopefully lighting the plants on fire for some added fun.

vampire2948
2007-11-14, 02:40 AM
Burning Hands (DC 15 Reflex Half) [roll1] hopefully lighting the plants on fire for some added fun.

The bush sets on fire and a man dressed in brown leathers carrying a bow jumps out and rolls on the ground to put out the fire.

[roll0]

He manages to put it out...

Jeresal, your mount charges at the other bush with a man in it and he starts to bite at him.

AoO

[roll1]
[roll2]

If you have less than 16 AC...then...splat.

Ahus
2007-11-14, 08:56 AM
Hamish

Initiave: [roll0]

Seeing the Arrow pierce Lorren's side I duck for cover in her direction. When I get to her I Hide ([roll1]) and pull a potion of healing from my pack. As I hand her the potion, I grab the Arrow haft that is protruding from her side and remove it with considerable yank.

ooc myth feel free to roll your own CLW (1d8+1) for the potion I'd feel bad if I killed you with a bad roll.

Seeing the healing begin to take effect I ready my bow for the next round

Randel
2007-11-14, 01:38 PM
Jesaral

HP: 11/11 AC:16
Buster
HP: 13/13 AC:16

Seeing the man pop up from behind the bushes, she and her mount barely avoid the attack but turn to face him. "Haha! Buster, rip him to shreds!"

Buster full-attacks

Talons
Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Foreclaws
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Bite
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

vampire2948
2007-11-14, 01:53 PM
OOC:

Actually, I think that your mount took 8 damage from that attack. As the enemy got a 16 to hit and you have AC 16...

or have I got the AC rules mixed slightly?


Nope, i've checked my player's handbook. And it says that it must equal or exceed the AC. It equalled it...so...meh.

Randel
2007-11-14, 02:06 PM
OOC: Okay, buster gets hit with the attack and full-attacks.

Buster's HP: 5/13

vampire2948
2007-11-14, 02:50 PM
:smallfrown: it would be sad if it died, or if any one of you died. But i'm not going to cheat to keep you people alive.

Ahus
2007-11-14, 03:36 PM
(ooc: Just so I have my score right...
1 Baddie Prone with 2ish damage,
1 Baddie with a reach weapon getting mauled 8ish damage by Buster,
Buster took a hit for halfish,
Lorren is down, but I potioned her still waiting for it to take effect
We're waiting on Gromtul and Tomas to do stuff, presumably useful)

I whisper to Lorren in our mutual cover site.
You're going to be OK. It looks like buster has that one under control and Venn just torched the other one. Stay here I'm going to see if there are any more.

I sneak off to the right side of the combat area trying to determine if there are other enemies in the area.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]


edit: OOC "presumably useful" sounds rude I just meant that if they posted before the baddies were all taken care of...

vampire2948
2007-11-14, 09:16 PM
You hear nothing and see no other enemies.

kpenguin
2007-11-14, 11:01 PM
Thomas

Seeing that Lorren will be alright, Tom hustles over toward the prone bandit. He hefts his halberd in a threatening manner.

I'd advise you to stay down, sir. It would be a pity if I had to kill you.

OOC: I ready an action to attack the bandit non lethally with my halberd if he attempts to attack me.

vampire2948
2007-11-15, 07:57 AM
okay. I think we're just waiting for our lil' dwarf to do stuff.

Mithreander
2007-11-15, 02:30 PM
Lorren - Round 2

Lorren takes the vial and nods a thanks to Hamish and quaphs the potion.

[roll0]

Feeling the wound heal up after grunting at the arrows removal, she sighs and nods another thanks to Hamish. "I owe you one." she says as she looks to see what is happening.

Kaisshau
2007-11-15, 04:38 PM
"Oi ain't as quick as I use' ta be!" I grumble, running off to help the hafling if she needs it.

Randel
2007-11-15, 05:16 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral cackles evilly as Buster attacks the bandit, "Hehe... hey, big boy? That was a nice trick you pulled with that spear. Now, do you want to give yourself up and be our prisoner or do you want to keep fighting and become dinosaur food?" She pats Buster on the head, "You didn't have breakfast this morning did you?"

Buster stops his assault and bares his teeth at the bandit, he readies himself to attack with his talons if the bandit tries anything.


ready action:
Attack: Talons [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

kpenguin
2007-11-15, 08:45 PM
Thomas

Tom smiles broadly at the two cornered bandits.

Now if you gentlemen would kindly drop your weapons and put your hands on your heads, there shall be no violence against you.

Mithreander
2007-11-16, 09:41 AM
Lorren

Seeing everything appearing under control, she stands up and brushes off her dress with a tisk, tisk as most of the dirt was ground into the wool.

She walks up to where Thomas has the man pinned to the ground.

She looks at him with a frown and says "I suggest you do as you are told. Toss aside your weapons really slowly. I would hate for my friend to think you were attacking and kill you."

She moves closer to Thomas and whispers to him without taking her eyes off the bandit in front of her says "What do you purpose we do with them? We could bring them back to town, but with the current attitude of the guards, I'm not sure it will do any good. All I'm saying is that any solution seems short term at the very best."

She was not suggesting killing them. She shuddered at the thought, but she just did not know what to do with them.

She supposed that they should do what they are supposed to and turn them over to the guards. The sin would be on the guards, and not herself for doing the wrong thing. She then whispered to Thomas "Never mind. Turning over to the guards would be best, at least from my conscience. We will do that, but I think we should make as much noise as we can when doing so."

She was not sure how the government of this town was determined, but if it were like her village, then the Mayer was elected and then he would choose the captain who would then be in charge of the guard. So, it would stand to reason that this Mayer would be sore pressed for public support during this time, so a good display of power may at least keep these two incarcerated for a little while longer.

Ahus
2007-11-16, 10:18 AM
We need to get information on the potential bandit/goblin alliance before we do any thing with them. Also, we should strip them of anything and everything they posses. Better it go to us for use in our quest than to the guards greed. Plus, if the guards have already been bought off by the bandits then we will at least be putting some strain on their coffers to reequip these men.


I say as I'm walking over to Tomas. Then I whisper to him.
But rather than turning them over to the town guard I could quite literally force one of them to follow orders for at least a short while. As I have said before I can be very convincing. There's no sense risking our own necks to infiltrate the goblin camp when this mope, who will incidentally either be killed by the guards of be rearmed and come back to try to kill us again, could just as easily cause a raucous and help us out.

Turning to the group We should bind them and come back for them after we deal with the goblins. We are already almost to the mine.

vampire2948
2007-11-16, 12:57 PM
The bandits look scared and toss their weapons onto the ground. Then they s
lay there looking unhappy.


OOC: And just for fun:

IC: Lorren's guard wets himself.

Randel
2007-11-16, 02:40 PM
Jesaral

"Aww... but Buster is hungry." She says giving the others little puppy-dog eyes, almost jokingly. Dinosaurs can easily go for days without eating and she doesn't want him to stuff himself before a fight. "But I differ to your judgment on the matter."

She dismounts Buster who keeps an eye on his bandit and then pulls out a silk rope, cuts off a few lengths of it to bind the bandits hands and feet. She's about to search their pockets when she gets to Lorrens guard "Ewww... um, I don't think I want to search these guys. Humans are... yuck."

After binding up the bandits, she takes their weapons from them "Anybody want these?" she offers to the group.

She then pulls out her scroll of Cure Light Wounds and uses it to heal Buster.


UMD check: [roll0] (10 from her skill ranks and cha, +2 from her class skill that gives a bonus for using items she can craft)
Cure Light Wounds: [roll1]

nuts, but fortunatly since its an artificer scroll there is no arcane failure. She can just try again. later

Ahus
2007-11-16, 03:43 PM
I wait for Jesaral to finish binding the two bandits.

I'll handle the questioning of these two,,, Dwarf, Take that one out of sight and earshot. Pointing to the more seriously injured bandit. I don't want them trying coordinate their stories to lie to us. Jesaral, you and buster help the Dwarf.

Venn, right? Venn, you, and Tomas guard this one.
Indicating the nearer healthier bandit.

Lorren, you should collect all their equipment, we'll sort through it in a minute and see if any of it is worth keeping.

Provided there are no objections to the plan set forth...

I move toward the bandit guarded by Tomas and Venn.

Listen friend, I know that your little band has been up to, stealing supplies from the magic shop in Kettrow. I just want to know why.
Gather Information: [roll0]

You will tell me everything I want to know, or I'll rip out your fingernails. If you still refuse to talk then we might have to torture you. Remember, your buddy can't here you, and any time your story and his are different then,
I pull my thieves tools from my pack and unroll it slowly in front of the bandit.
well, lets just say its in your best interest to tell me the truth.
Bluff: [roll1]



Edit: ooc, i missed the point of the wet guard, or something but if the bandits were not wet before then one of them had better be wet now...

Ahus
2007-11-16, 03:55 PM
(ooc: sory for the Double post but I figured that while I was questioning him I'ld best search him as well.)

Search: [roll0]

kpenguin
2007-11-16, 06:44 PM
OOC: I don't think you roll a gather information to get someone to talk. Gather information is really more for getting information around time from vague sources. Its either intimidate or diplomacy when dealing with a single person. I think intimidate would be better suited here.

Okay, if you're lying, Tom's actions will depend on whether he knows you're lying or not. So...

[roll0]

If my check succeeds:

Thomas
Tom's face shows signs of discomfort. He turns around and slowly walks away.

If my check doesn't:

Thomas
"HAMISH! I promised them no violence!"

Randel
2007-11-16, 09:19 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral keeps trying until she succeeds at healing Buster


taking 10
Cure Light wounds: [roll0]


OOC: I think the more seriously wounded one was the one with the spear who hit Buster and was mauled by Buster. The other one had a bow, shot Lorren, was set on fire, and then wet himself.

Then, helping Gromtul carry the seriously wounded bandit away from the other one. She stands next to Gromtul, a little behind the bandit so he can't see her, looking around at the woods around them while Gromtul and Buster watch the bandit. "Soo... Gromtul is it? Sooo... uh, Dwarf. Which do you like killing more, goblins or humans?" She nudges him a little with her elbow nods a bit toward the bandit, and winks "I'm not quite sure about it... I mean, goblins are green scaly and mean. But they are about my size, so I can see them eye to eye. Humans look kind of like me, but they are big, loud, and mean... kind of like orcs but not green and I have to strain my neck to have a conversation with them without getting an eyeful of... well... you know."

Buster just stands there next near Jesaral, looking at the gashed bandit with his unblinking reptilian eyes, occasionally opening his mouth to show his razor sharp teeth.

((Edit: Removed the part about knowing his name, and added a bit so she's acting like shes just helping intimidate the bandit for when he's interrogated.))

vampire2948
2007-11-17, 06:17 AM
okay...time for some intrestingness.

OOC: I do have Book of Vile Darkness. There's lots of torture-related stuff in there. Including a spell that summons a black bag full o' acid and sharp pointy things!!

Anyhoo...


IC:

The man's eyes widen as they see the collection of lockpicks, small hammers, saws and other thingies in the kit at your feet.

If I tell you, they will kill me. In a far worse way than you could ever do...


OOC: Roll an intimidate check, rather than gather information. Gather info isn't used in cases like this. As someone pointed out... :smallsmile:

Ahus
2007-11-17, 09:54 AM
(ooc: Intimidate is unfortunately not a class skill for the beguiller or i'ld have maxed it I was hoping to get away with a gather info+bluff as a replacement but meh...
I got no BoVD or any books for that matter CrystalKeep + SRD is enough for me most of the time.
I might take a description or two when the appropriate Shadow spell kicks in though.
Jesaral - Gromtul hasn't told us his name yet...)

If you tell us what we need to know we can offer you protection while you are in our custody but other wise I'll be forced to do some unspeakable things to you. If you still won't talk then we'll release you and spread the word that you gave in and gave up the info and then they will still do whatever they do.

It's really a matter of time, they will be trying to kill you any way. At least if you help us then we can try to postpone or prevent it.

Intimidate:[roll0]
Diplomacy:[roll1]
Bluff:[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-11-17, 11:01 AM
The man squirms a little in his bindings, he looks very scared and pathetic.

Please...don't...I'll tell you what you want to know...

He sniffs a little and continues.

One day, a year or so ago, this...thing appeared. It talked to us and said it could help us to destroy the wizards and to rule th world! We believed it, and pretty soon after, it selected one of us to become it's apprentice. It told us that this person was "chosen" and would be able to crush all resistance. This made us happy...we rejoiced to the gods for this.

So...this thing helped one of us to learn the ways of magic, soon there were demonstrations, our wizard was calling creatures out of the air, showing us far off lands in pools of water and calling fire and ice to destroy anyone who came to our camp.

The chief was very happy with this, and he was sure that we would son destroy all the wizards.

But, then the thing said that we must steal some items for it, so that it could teach more advanced magic. We agreed happily, and preyed upon small wizards who knew only small magic. For a time, that was good. But then it demanded more.

We stole in greater quantities, bringing home the spoils of our conquests. The wizards sent raiding parties to try to get their stuff back but we destroyed them.

The thing then told us that it would make us an army of disposable minions, but that we must bring it bodies from graveyards and the bodies of our deceased foes.

Some of us agreed to this...others didn't. Bodies of our ancestors were being dug up from our graveyard...that caused much tension within the tribe.

Then, about...a month ago, the thing said that another thing of it's kind, yet different, was helping the goblins! This angered it. Especially when it learned that the goblins were stealing bodies too.

We attacked the goblins occasionally...and kept raiding for materials.

The raid on that shop in the town was part of our magic item gathering...


Now...please don't hurt me...you said you wouldn't...please don't!!!

The man looked desperate on the ground, squirming and crying.

vampire2948
2007-11-17, 02:47 PM
Suddenly!!


A bolt of magic comes streaking from the direction of the bandit's camp.

It is blue, with small green and black spheres streaming off of it, like the tail of a comet.

It will reach your position in thirty seconds. (5 rounds)


Wizards / magic-y people may take knowledge arcana checks to realize what it is...should they wish...(or they could take the smarter (ish) option and concentrate on running like hell...)

Ahus
2007-11-17, 08:35 PM
The people of Kettrow would be most interested in assisting in the destruction of many of the wizards we have known. We are currently on a mission to help rid the area of the goblin scourge, we might be interested in...

As I notice the incoming whatchamacalit.

I begin a small chant I streach my legs hurdler style grabing each ankle briefly.
Within a very brief period I take off running at an astonishing rate.

I cast up some expetious retreat, and take the SMARTERish option away from the dwarf, Jesaral, Buster, and the other bandit. Perpendicular to the flight path of the incoming whatchamacalit. I'm assuming that they moved the other bandit out of ear shot as I suggested. If so they should be safe, right?

Sorry guys, I'm out of here.

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 04:04 AM
Xial Farthére (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32185)

You slept at the Queen's Dragon Inn last night, and saw the small party that is going out to fight the bandits right now. You decided that you would follow them and help them out if they came into any trouble. [You may pick your motive for doing this].

You see the magical bolt thingy flying through the air towards them, what do you do?

OOC: Good luck!!!! If you have any problems concerning the rules or anything else then just PM me or one of the other players, i'm sure all of us would be happy to help you.

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 04:11 AM
Xial Farthére (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32185)

You slept at the Queen's Dragon Inn last night, and saw the small party that is going out to fight the bandits right now. You decided that you would follow them and help them out if they came into any trouble. [You may pick your motive for doing this].

You see the magical bolt thingy flying through the air towards them, what do you do?

OOC: Good luck!!!! If you have any problems concerning the rules or anything else then just PM me or one of the other players, i'm sure all of us would be happy to help you.

Sycara
2007-11-18, 05:06 AM
After checking around to make sure I am not being followed I head over and Hide behind sosme bushes, fast enough to see one of the party pelt out of the way of the incoming missile. After waiting under cover for a few seconds I decide to follow him from a safe distance.

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 05:19 AM
Okay, can you roll a Hide and Move Silently check please?

On the forums, you roll like this:



you do this by typing in [roll] then the dice, with no spaces in between. e.g. 1d20+2 and then you put on the end.

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 05:43 AM
You roll two checks, one to hide in the bushes and one to move silently so no one hears you...

like this:

Hide:
[roll0]
Move Silently:
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 06:11 AM
You don't need the brackets.

Sycara
2007-11-18, 06:22 AM
Here:
Hide:
[roll0]
Move silently:
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 06:32 AM
Okay, to the rest of the party:

You all hear someone coming up behind you, faintly.

But you don't see who it is...spooky.

Sycara
2007-11-18, 06:37 AM
I stop in my tracks and look around for a better place to hide. My snake drops down and hides itself in a bag, and I climb a tree hoping not to be seen.
Hide:
[roll0]
Climb:
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 09:17 AM
You fail to climb the tree, you get your cloak tangled up in the lower branches as you try to climb it and this causes you to fall out of the tree...

Sycara
2007-11-18, 10:18 AM
No! They will know i'm here now! I think as I hit the ground. My familiar hides itself in my bag so that they do not know that I am a sorceror.
I attempt to tumble as I hit the ground:
Tumble:
[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 12:09 PM
You land in a muddy puddle and roll a couple of feet through some mud.
You don't look very clean now.

Also, you land on your bag, which your familiar is in.

The familiar makes hissy noises of pain! poor thing :smallfrown:

Sycara
2007-11-18, 12:51 PM
I try to get up and get away but my leg is wounded from the fall. What are the others going to do?
Don't hurt me... I whimper, whilst covering my face. I really don't want to hurt you, I'm a friend!

Kaisshau
2007-11-18, 01:05 PM
"Oi'm thinkin' we should take this 'un and clear out!" I exclaim to the halfling as I grab the bandit and start to run off with him (OOC: Please let him weigh less than 100 lbs... Simply so I can carry him and run... Otherwise, I'm going to leave him behind.)

Hearing the other voice, I call out to the source "Run! Somethin' ya may not like is comin'!"

Sycara
2007-11-18, 01:43 PM
I attempt to stand but fail, but I still manage to get off of my snake. I sit there, caked in mud, with no clue as to what is about to happen to me. After a brief moment of depression I call out for someone to help me.
HELP! SOMEONE HELP I CAN'T MOVE!

vampire2948
2007-11-18, 02:01 PM
He is a fully grown adult male, wearing stuff. He weighs more than 100 lbs.

Please! NO! Don't leave me! You promised to keep me safe!

He looks pretty frightened.

That magic, it is sent by the thing! It will destroy me! PLEASE!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Randel
2007-11-18, 08:57 PM
Jesaral

Seeing the bolt of magic heading for them, her eyes widen and she yells. "Swirly thing alert! Swirly thing alert! Run away! Run away!"

She quickly mounts Buster and prepares to have him run at full speed.


Ride Check for Fast Mount:[roll0]
If she makes a 20, she mounts as a free action. If not, its a move action.


She then sees the Dwarf and hears what the bandit says. "Quick, leave the bandit! That swirly thing is going to kill him to silence him, lets get out of here and we can interrogate a goblin later!"

Buster runs away from the swirly thing (at 40 ft per move action) until they spot the elf laying in the mud. "Hey, who are you?" she says as she stops a few feet away from the elf.

Kaisshau
2007-11-18, 10:00 PM
Hearing Jesaral, I drop the bandit and run up to where she found the enemy.

"Are ya friend o' foe?" I ask, glaring at the elf sprawled in the mud.

vampire2948
2007-11-19, 02:28 AM
4 rounds until the 'swirly thing' gets here.

Sycara
2007-11-19, 05:22 AM
Friend! I whimper. Please help! I indicate to my bad leg.

Kaisshau
2007-11-19, 05:46 AM
"Little 'un! Help me get this elf out o' here! Tha' thing ain't lookin' too nice."

vampire2948
2007-11-19, 05:58 AM
Sycara, you have a sprained leg, you took three points of non-lethal damage in the fall.

You had better start runnin'.


NOOOOO!!! DON'T LEAVE ME!! I'LL DIE!! shouts the guy who you left behind, tied up, to be hit by the swirly magical thingy.

vampire2948
2007-11-19, 08:15 AM
Okay, you all took too long, talking, saying hello, picking each other up out of puddles...etc etc etc! The halfling was the only one actually making a big effort... (also, i'm bored of listening to you all complain about weights and legs) :smallbiggrin:

THE SWIRLY THING O' MAGIC HITS!

As the swirly thing passes by the bandit behind you, he screams loudly as it strips all the flesh from his bones. Bits of blood and flesh are sprayed all over the surrounding plants and ground.

The steak of...whatever it is...continues towards your position, as if it were shown the way by an unseen eye.

Randel
2007-11-19, 12:09 PM
Jesaral

"But... we don't know. Oh all right. Buster, down."

Busters lowers himself so that the Elf can be slung across his back. The weight of the halfling, their stuff and the elf, is considerable but the dinosaur should still be able to run with it. (OOC: if carrying under 260 lbs Buster can run 4 times his base speed in a full round due to his Run feat.)


"I just hope Lorren has the sense to run from that thing..."

She turns to see Hamish running like the wind away from the Swirly Thing

"... just like him. Yeah, I'm sure he advised her to run away before took off like a Roderunner."

Sycara
2007-11-19, 12:23 PM
I mumble a weak thanks and let my self be pulled onto the dinosaurs back. Unsure as to what it will do I just hang on and hope for the best. I take out my snake and make sure that he is ok, (which he is, if a bit angry) and the wait for the action to start.

Sycara
2007-11-19, 12:34 PM
I atempt to identify the swirly thing -
[roll0]
(I have one extra rank in knowledge - Arcane)

vampire2948
2007-11-19, 01:30 PM
Sycara, you have no idea what it is. Also...roll a d20 to see if you can actually ride that thing...at a -2 penalty :smallamused:

Sycara
2007-11-19, 01:55 PM
[roll0] - How did I do?

Ahus
2007-11-19, 01:58 PM
(ooc: vamp, any chance we can get a bit more description of where the swirly thing is headed and which bandit got vaporized. We are kinda spread out. Also, Venn, Tomas, and Lorren have not yet posted their intentions so it might be a little premature to do too much vaporizing. Regardless...)

If the swirly thing is chasing me:
I turn tword the direction of the source and continue at a full run in that direction, looking for the wizard who sent it after us.

If its chasing the other sub-group:
I double back tword the other sub-group. At what feals like a safe distance from the swirly thing.

vampire2948
2007-11-19, 02:29 PM
(ooc: vamp, any chance we can get a bit more description of where the swirly thing is headed and which bandit got vaporized. We are kinda spread out. Also, Venn, Tomas, and Lorren have not yet posted their intentions so it might be a little premature to do too much vaporizing. Regardless...)

Scyara: You fall off the raptor, into another muddy puddle. The cold water goes down your back and into your trousers...oooh, chilly. :smalleek:

If the swirly thing is chasing me:
I turn tword the direction of the source and continue at a full run in that direction, looking for the wizard who sent it after us.

If its chasing the other sub-group:
I double back tword the other sub-group. At what feals like a safe distance from the swirly thing.

Yeah. I won't post again until Lorren, Venn and Thomas have all posted. I wasn't gonna vaporise any of you till they had said that, anyway.

It is chasing the other sub-group. The bandit that got vaporised is the one that was being 'tortured' with thief's tools.

Sycara
2007-11-20, 01:09 PM
*sigh* Today is not my day... I moan and collapse into the puddle, waiting for the swirly thing to hit.:smallsigh:

kpenguin
2007-11-20, 06:51 PM
Thomas

Tom offers his hand to the fellow in the mud.

You alright there?

Randel
2007-11-20, 07:59 PM
Jesaral

Seeing the elf flip off of Buster and back into the mud, Jesaral can't help but let out a little chuckle but quickly she reaches down to help get the elf up.

"Here, get up on here before you turn into a drow or something."

Aid Another check: [roll0] (if more than 10, gives the elf +2 on a check to mount Buster... though to be honest it shouldn't take much skill to do that. If all else fails, I can just toss him on the back like a piece of luggage to carry.)

Sycara
2007-11-21, 08:09 AM
Thanks, I Don't particually want to be a drow anyways! I say, whilst pulling myself back onto the saddle. I look down at the dinosaur - Where did you get this thing anyways?
Ride check (again):smallbiggrin:
[roll0] - Please don't make me fall in the mud...Again!:smallannoyed:

Randel
2007-11-21, 01:35 PM
Jesaral

"Oh, my halfling tribe raises these to help hunt kair bears and heffalumps. They are quite expensive to train and raise though. But they make excellent mounts for traveling in bandit infested forests. How are you supposed to intimidate a bandit when you're riding one of those big hornless moose things that humans ride?"

Now that the elf is safely on Buster's back, Jesaral commands her mount forward and Buster begins running away from the 'swirly thing'. (Running with heavy load and with Buster's Run feat he travels 160 ft as a full-round action)

Sycara
2007-11-21, 02:13 PM
"Oh" I say, mystified.

vampire2948
2007-11-22, 03:45 PM
Still waiting for various people.

If they don't post by Friday Evening then I will post for them...

vampire2948
2007-11-23, 10:56 AM
Okay, time is up...


The others were all running away from the swirly thing...

(I really need to call it something better...how about...A flying nexus of motes of magical light, skimming across the ground towards your group? Yes..I like that one...but you lot, call it what you wish. Swirly thing sounds a bit...strange...sounds like an ice cream brand name or something :smallsmile: )

MCerberus
2007-11-23, 05:46 PM
OOC - sorry about dropping off the map I found myself without internet because of Thanksgiving until now. I'm reading up and will post asap.

Venn

Venn looks at the big glowing... thing... approaching them and turns tail and runs. He is reminded of the old phrase - Wait to try and figure out what made the Owlbear and it will maul you. When Hamish runs past him, Venn says something under his breath about not having that spell but continues running. Luckily he can run well enough without anything weighing him down and for a while.

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 12:09 AM
OOC: Damn my heavy armor and 20 ft. move speed!

Thomas

Tom decides that discretion is the better part of valor and clunkily runs toward his companions.

vampire2948
2007-11-24, 04:27 AM
The Glowing Nexus of Arcane Energy (yes, I did write that!) streaks down towards you and splits into hundreds of smaller, brighter parts.
The hundred or so lights scatter chaotically, some of them hitting each other and splitting further into small shards of a glass like substace, that fall and spear themselves in the ground.

The rest of the lights head for each member of the party and 'attack' fiercely, you feel your body being split apart into very tiny pieces...


...and put back together again in different surroundings.

As your eyes adjust to the dim light, you hear sounds, sounds of metal on rock, and sounds of exertion, they are coming from all around you, echoing off the space that you are now in.

You become aware that you are in a cage of some sort, inside a cave or underground structure. Stalagmites (which point upwards from the floor) and stalagtites (they point downwards!!) cover the ceiling and the edges of the paths in and out of the cavern.
There is a damp smell about the place.

If you walk forwards, then you walk into long, vertical metal bars.

Guess what? You're in a cage! And yes, your weapons are gone. As are any useful items such as theives tools.

As your eyes adjust further you can see goblins, about seven or eight, all busily hurrying around the cave doing various things.
The ambient light comes from some glowing fungi on the roof and floor. It's not really that great...
To anyone with darkvision (i.e. Gromtul)
With your dark vision you notice that there are also two large goblins lurking in the shadows where the rest of the party can't see them. They are guarding a pile of your weapons and other stuff. These goblins have whips and large clubs. They look more like hobgoblins than goblins...hint hint. There are three exits out of the cavern, a ladder, rusty and old, which climbs up to a trap door in the ceiling. There are also two paths, which lead deeper into the cave.


OOC: Good enough description? (>^.^)>

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 04:33 AM
OOC: Ouch, no save forced teleportation? We're up against a very high level caster.

Thomas

SHOW YOURSELVES, COWARDS!

vampire2948
2007-11-24, 05:15 AM
Yup, no saves. :smallbiggrin:

You hear goblin-sounding giggling from around the cave.

A large goblin with a whip and a club (Gromtul, you recognise this one from your darkvision.)

YOU NO MAKE NOISE!! CHIEF BE HERE SOON! HE SEE YOU MAKING NOISE AN' ME GET BEATIN'!!

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 05:23 AM
Thomas

Tom's expression softens.

Now see here! Can't we work this out like reasonable humanoids? What business does your master have with us?

OOC:
[roll0]
Also, an untrained knowledge check to identify what sort of creature these oversized goblins are.

EDIT: Hmmm that didn't work.

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 05:24 AM
Let's try again:

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 05:25 AM
GAH! This is so frustrating!

Alright, untrained knowledge check, take 3

[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-11-24, 05:29 AM
WHAT HOOMANOYD? YOU QUIET! OR ME BASH YOU!!


[I rolled the knowledge check. You think they might be hobgoblins, though they are on the small side.]

The goblin shakes the cage, which is suspended slightly above the ground.
If you look down, you see that it is over a pit of some sort of dark liquid.

The cage waves around in the air, hitting walls as it does so. You all fall over.

YOU SHUT UP!! ME GUARD! YOU SHUT UP!!

The goblin stomps back to his regular position.

[Diplomacy? Don't make me laugh! :smallbiggrin: ]

kpenguin
2007-11-24, 05:34 AM
OOC: Well, it was worth a shot.

Thomas

Tom rights himself after the cage stops swinging much, then kneels down and prays silently.

vampire2948
2007-11-24, 08:48 AM
OOC: WHERE THE HELL IS MITHREANDER AND THE OTHERS...

did they lose intrest in my adventure??

:smallfrown:

Am I that bad? :smalleek:

meh...

If they don't post by...wednesday, then i'll recruit new people. They haven't been he in a week+

[To any spell casters. I will include an oppertunity to learn that spell...later in the adventure. It will be hard to get though. so....meh]

Randel
2007-11-24, 02:51 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral blinks after the teleportation, finding herself in the cage. She looks around at the goblins that have her imprisoned.

"Wait... so all those reports of people getting captured in bright lights and being experimented on by little green men were true? And those little green men were goblins? This is even worse than when I found out who the tooth fairy was." she says under her breath.

Seeing the big black pit of liquid beneath them she gets quiet and moves to hold onto the bars of the cage, steadying herself. She looks around to see where Buster might be.

vampire2948
2007-11-24, 03:37 PM
Buster is a seperate cage from the rest of you, about three meters away.

Some goblin children, or just short goblins, are tossing small rocks at him. They giggle as he growls at them and scratches the bars with his claws.

You notice that as the stones bounce off buster, hit the cage and bounce off or miss, they drop down to the liquid below and sit on the top, sinking slowly. As if it is a very viscous tar like substance. You think it's a good idea not to try to walk on it.

Ahus
2007-11-24, 07:56 PM
Ahus
(ooc: I was waiting to resolve what was going to happen with the switly thing i.e. the "Glowing Nexus of Arcane Energy" I was just running like a coward didn't figure that I'ld need to post too much)

Post Reconstruction: Don't wory about a thing every one. I'll have us all out of here is a Jiffey I begin to chant under my breath motioning to the guard ?hobgoblin? that incediently speaks common.

Casting Charm Person on the ?HobGoblin? Will DC16

vampire2948
2007-11-25, 04:48 AM
[roll0] (yes he has crappy will.)

The Hobgoblin is charmed.

He scratches himself and mutters to the other hobgoblin in his own language, he keeps standing guard.

OOC: He speaks common because he has class levels. You automatically get it if you have class levels.

Sycara
2007-11-25, 12:46 PM
I look around, startled. After seeing the ?hobgoblin? I shrink back into my cage hoping not to be picked on (Im being a wimp), I wonder how strong the bars are, and if they can be smashed if cold enough.

(ooc: Where is my snake? Do I still have it?):smallconfused:

vampire2948
2007-11-25, 01:04 PM
The snake is in your shirt, it isn't very warm in here and there is no sunlight...he's cold, poor thing.

Randel
2007-11-25, 02:31 PM
Jesaral

Knowing a little of goblin languages, Jesaral listens closely to them hoping to get some information. (yes, I did choose goblin as one of my languages)

Listen check:[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-11-25, 03:44 PM
You hear them chatting about their everyday life, and about what they did to some other goblin who tried to steal from them...it's all pretty boring.

MCerberus
2007-11-25, 11:43 PM
Venn

Venn is reassembled with a headache that comes from him poking his nose around trying to comprehend the forces which shattered his consciousness and reassembled it in a cave... maybe it wasn't such a good idea to try. Getting a feel for where he is now Venn notices a weight missing. They took his spellbook!

Venn looks around for Nigel and says to the bird, "Make yourself scarce. Don't know if they feel the need to roast you."

Instead of an expected insult or snide remark thrown back, Nigel merely nods and finds a good corner to hide in. As for himself, Venn keeps quiet. Considering what the bandits said, him talking could only make things worse.

Ahus
2007-11-26, 08:31 AM
Ahus

I step to the front of the cage.
Good friend guard, What is your name? I am Hamish, and I am quite offended to be locked in this box like some common thief. I demand to know where we are and why we are being held captive. We were sent as emissaries to the goblin camp in the mine to the north of Kettrow to negotiate a peace between the town of Kettrow and the goblins there. As a sign of good will we captured two human bandits whom were raiding the camp and before we could turn them over we were attacked. I suggest a similar sign of good will from you including our immediate release from this prison...

Diplomacy: [roll0]
On DC 20 or better the Hobgoblins attitude becomes Helpful (already friendly due to charm)

Edit: Well if that ^ doesn't do it nothing will...

vampire2948
2007-11-26, 11:01 AM
I step to the front of the cage.
Good friend guard, What is your name? I am Hamish, and I am quite offended to be locked in this box like some common thief. I demand to know where we are and why we are being held captive. We were sent as emissaries to the goblin camp in the mine to the north of Kettrow to negotiate a peace between the town of Kettrow and the goblins there. As a sign of good will we captured two human bandits whom were raiding the camp and before we could turn them over we were attacked. I suggest a similar sign of good will from you including our immediate release from this prison...

YOU STOP...TALKIN'...FREND... he says, as he stomps towards you.

WHA? DESE AIN'T FRENDS! says the other one.

YA DEY IS! DAT ONE!! pointing at Hamish.

He stomps over and starts hitting the lock on the door with his club. The other goblins in the cave watch fearfully.

FRENDS NO BE IN CAGE!!

The other guard raises his club over the 'friendly' guard's head and starts hitting him.

STOP! YOU NO LET DEM OUT!! CHEIF WANT THEM!!


[rolll]1d10

vampire2948
2007-11-26, 11:04 AM
[roll0] rawr silly rollin' thingy.

vampire2948
2007-11-26, 11:13 AM
The 'friendly' guard turns round an starts hitting the other one.

[I will roll all the dice here on my shiny desk, cos i don't want to write [roll] 1000000 times.]

The unfriendly guard wins the fight, nocking the 'friendly' one into the strange tar like substance.
During the fight, an attack missed the 'friendly' one and smashed the lock on the door of your cage. However, this shock also damaged the pulley system that keeps the cage suspended over the liquid.
The cage plummets into the liquid and sinks slowly.

Ahus
2007-11-26, 11:39 AM
Ahus

Dwarf, and Thomas can you force the bars we need to help our friend the Hobgoblin.

Friend if you can try to get our equipment to us so that we can save you from your enemy. The one trying to cover us in your blood is not your friend we are. We will help you as best we can but the bars put in place by those that mean you and I harm prevent it. If you can break the lock or provide us some means to do so we will stand and fight by your side.

I think to myself Is it worth wasting some of my magical resources to keep this lump from getting brained??? Ohh, What the heck.

I bring my open hands up to my shoulders palms facing the hobgoblin with a deep inhalation. After holding the breath for a moment I thrust my hands at the hobgoblin and utter a magical phrase.

I cast daze on the second hobgoblin (not the one that is helping us) DC 15 Will save or do nothing for 1 round.

edit: Ok, the dazing was supposed to be to keep the nice guy alive but I guess it will work to give us time to get out of the cage then...
ooc: was in edit mode for a while and didn't see the misc. battle between the hobo come up... i.e. pseudo ninja

Randel
2007-11-26, 12:29 PM
Jesaral

"Gah! We're sinking!" Jesaral quickly rushes to one side of the cage and starts to climb up the bars. "Quick, if we put all our weight on one side of the cage, we might be able to tip it over and maybe roll our way out of here!"

She turns to the goblins (the ones picking on the friendly goblin) and yells in goblin "You guys! Help get this cage out of here, the boss wants these ones alive!"

Bluff: [/roll]1d20+3[/roll]

Randel
2007-11-26, 12:32 PM
D'oh!

Bluff: [roll0]

OOC: I think I have bad luck with the goblin language :smalltongue:

vampire2948
2007-11-26, 12:32 PM
[roll0] Unfriendly hobbo's will save

vampire2948
2007-11-26, 12:38 PM
The friendly one sinks...sink...sink...sink...

[roll0]

He tries to pull himself out but the sticky mud is too strong, and he sinks out of sight. Bubbles rise to the surface.

Ahus
2007-11-26, 10:21 PM
Ahus

I grab the cage door and force it open against the stickey tar like liquid.

I take a diving leap tword the edge of the pool of tar out the door.
Jump: [roll0]

edit: wow, I'm on a roll "go forum roller"

vampire2948
2007-11-27, 02:43 AM
You land next to the slightly dazed guard.

Mithreander
2007-11-27, 10:09 AM
Lorren -Unknown cage

Lorren wakes up, her hand going to her forehead as an ache penitrates her thoughts and wonders at the jar that had brought her to consciousness.

Seeing the others scrambling, she forces herself to her feet, getting mud on her hands, she takes note of her suroundings and blinks in surprise.

Seeing someone force the door of the cage open (she's in a cage!) and take a flying leep out of it, she thinks that it may be for the best to follow.

Lorren heads to the back of the cage, and then using all the room available, takes a flying jump to safty (she hopes).

jump: [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-11-27, 10:48 AM
okay, you're out of the cage and on the ground.


The guard is now undazed.

GET BACK IN DAT CAGE! He screams at you. And raises his club to hit Hamish!!

Mithreander
2007-11-27, 02:55 PM
Lorren

Outside of the cage, Lorren had nearly flown to her new position of safety.

She looked around, her view coming to the goblin type creature and smiled at it.

"I'm sorry to say, but unfortunately with is sinking, you will have to find us new lodging."

"You see, it would be a death sentence for us to go back: the same as you killing us. Besides that fact, you killing us would actually be quicker and less painful."

"Assuming that you or your boss wants us alive, you will want to get the rest of the folk out of the cage, and into another container."

While talking, her be meaner looked reasonable and her voice was rather smooth, or so she hoped. Her heart was beating drums in her head, her nervousness about the situation almost overcoming her.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

In her movements, she places herself on the other side of the goblin-thing so that it would have to watch both her and Hamish.

She mentally searched for signs of her butterfly escort and noted that they were a distance off, scattered still as she had asked, the feelings dispersed as they were.

She mentally 'pulled' at the bond and felt them coalesce and start to head in her direction.

Hurry! Please hurry! she thought to herself, hoping that they came in time to help.

Randel
2007-11-27, 03:19 PM
Jesaral

Seeing that the door of the cage is now open, the halfling realises she can escape the cage by jumping out. "Gah, I hate jumping." She backs to the other side of the cage and takes a running jump out through the door.

Jump:[roll0]

Randel
2007-11-27, 03:26 PM
Jesaral

"Help! Toss me a rope! I have valuable information for your boss!" she yells in goblin.

"Somebody help me!" she says in common as she tries to get out of the black pool.

Climb check: [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-11-27, 03:26 PM
Your butterflies came with you Lorren. They flew to the edges of the cave and such...they all come straight towards you and fly around you.


The Hobgoblin hits Hamish, he doesn't listen to Lorren...too many words with over four letters, also he was busy.

[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-11-27, 03:27 PM
Jesaral fails to get out of the pool, you sink slower than the hobgoblin. You think that your head will go under in about twenty seconds.

Mithreander
2007-11-27, 03:50 PM
Lorren

Seeing the butterflies come at her much quicker then she anticipated, she smiles.

Now at least she was not helpless.

Stepping diagnally away from the goblin (5' step out of his reach and so that Hamish is not in line with the goblin), aware of Jesaral's plight, but ignoring it for the time, she swirls her hands in the air, collecting the butterflies into a group and then thrusting her hands out in front of her, she says in sylvan "Attack!"

The butterflies launch from her hands, swirling an a fast cataphany of colors to hopefully overwelm the goblin-like-thing.

The butterflies fly out in a cone well past the goblin, seeming to strike the wall behind it, 15' behind, but they seem to avoid it at the last moment in a swirling hiss of color.

Color Spray: Save vs. will at DC 14 or be unconscious, blinded and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then only blind and stunned for an additional 1d4 rounds, and then only stunned for one round.

vampire2948
2007-11-27, 04:37 PM
Color Spray: Save vs. will at DC 14 or be unconscious, blinded and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then only blind and stunned for an additional 1d4 rounds, and then only stunned for one round.

OOC: Stop making me roll will saves :smallsmile: the silly hobgoblins only have -3 mod to wisdom! :smallbiggrin:

IC:

[roll0]

If he fails:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Okay, he's unconcious for 4 rounds, then blind and stunned for 3 after that. Nice move.

Mithreander
2007-11-27, 05:31 PM
Lorren

"Yes!"

Lorren pumped her arm in self congrajulations and then turned her attention to Jesaral's condition.

She looks around, and noticing the goblin-like-thing's club, she runs to get that, and then go back to the mud stuff and gets on her stomache and reaches out with the club extended.

"Here! Try to grab this!"

Ahus
2007-11-27, 07:46 PM
Hamish

That was a perfect time for a critical miss thank you again forum roller.
Also, can I see our pile of stuff yet I gnow its dark but if the dwarf could see it from the cage...

I get up and rush to help Lorren helping Jesaral.
Everyone hurry get out here we're gonna have company relly soon. We need to figure out where we are and get out of here. Whatever magic captured us in the first place is way more than we can handle right now...

I have to fight the urge to put an ellipsis (three periods) after each and every sentence so if it gets annoying just tell me and I'll fight a little harder...

Randel
2007-11-27, 07:47 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral reaches out to grab onto the club and pull herself free.

(( OOC: not exactly sure how to handle this, I assume its like an aid-another for her climb check. ))

Climb Check:[roll0]

Kaisshau
2007-11-27, 09:23 PM
"Oi, what's this then? Leavin' the ol' one ta fend fer himself? Young'uns these days.... Alley-oop!" Gromtul chuckles as he jumps for the edge of the pit.
[roll0]

(OOC: I'm assuming that's a fail right? If so:)

"Ach!" Gromtul exclaims as he hooks his foot on the cage door, cutting himself short and landing in the muck. "A little help 'ere?"

Mithreander
2007-11-27, 09:37 PM
Lorren

Lorren shakes her head as the dwarf appears to almost dive into the muck.

"One at a time, please!" she says, smiling at the dwarf in a way that she hopes is reassuring.

It was serious business, and she hoped that Jesaral would be safe in time to save the dwarf.

Randel
2007-11-27, 09:54 PM
Jesaral

"Here, grab ahold of me." She says as the dwarf lands in the tar as well. She reaches out to grab ahold of Lorren with one hand and reaches out to grab the dwarf with the other. (if one of her feet is close enough to the surface she kicks that one toward the dwarf instead of reaching.)

"I hope I don't regret this later." She says, unsure if her arms would work after helping drag a dwarf out of the pit. "Somebody, my silk rope should be somewhere with our stuff. I just hope this is tar and not one of those flesh-eating oozes I've heard about."

Ahus
2007-11-27, 10:41 PM
Ahus

Oh, Hells!

Seeing the dwarf fall into the muck I turn around to see the Hobgoblin laying unconscious behind us. I give a bit of a double take looking at the dearf and halfling strugling in the muck and the hobgoblin laying there.

Will it wake up if I move it?

Without waiting for a reply I move the hobgoblin body and search it for some rope or something else that may help. Regardless of what I find if anything I drag the body over to the edge of the pit, and push it over into the tar making a sort of impromptu bridge for the others to cross.

I was just gonna dump it but i figured I'ld give a quick look to see if it has anything. Please, let that work oh great and merciful vamp. Otherwise I'll tweek it.

kpenguin
2007-11-27, 11:35 PM
Thomas

Pelor, lend me your strength...

Tom leaps out.

OOC: Is armor considered to be among the "useful things" taken away?

w/ armor: [roll0]
w/o armor: [roll1]

EDIT: Ah, crap.

vampire2948
2007-11-28, 08:16 AM
Kpenguin goes face first into the muck. EDIT: actually...since you got a -4! yes! A -4!! You can get some of it in your mouth too. yum.

Ahus finds 10sp (1gp) on the goblin and some mushy brown stuff that could be food...at least you hope its food.

Gromtul grabs Jeseral's leg.


The goblin wakes up but is stunned for another 6 rounds. (36 seconds).
And finds himself floating on the tar...like a bridge.

[sweet idea. The flesh eating gunge thingy is good too...gotta include that some time...]

Mithreander
2007-11-28, 09:55 AM
Lorren

Lorren heaves at Jesaral and the added wait of the dwarf when she sees Thomas fly into the muck, face down.

"Did no one hear me? I said one at a time."

She smiled at Jesaral, and noticed the goblin go into the muck ina bridge like fashion.

"Good! Thomas, right next to your left hand is something that may aid you in getting your head out of this muck! Grab it and use it to get to the side!"

With that, Lorren concentrates on getting the others out of the ooze, stuff.

Sycara
2007-11-28, 03:19 PM
I attempt to jump out of cage, and once landing, try to get as far away from the goblins as possible. My leg gives way upon landing but I still manage to get to the far wall.

(ooc: Sorry I havent posted in a while)

vampire2948
2007-11-28, 03:54 PM
Meh...it seems you forgot to roll..

I'll roll for you...


Okay, you make it across, and fall over. Pain shoots through your leg but you manage to keep yourself out of the strange liquidy stuff.


Also:

Buster makes loud raptor noises and scrapes at the bars.

You notice that all the other goblins are missing. dun dun DUUUUUN!!

kpenguin
2007-11-28, 06:43 PM
OOC: Ummm... climb check?

Thomas

Tom attempts to scramble out of the muck. (No aid since his ears are probably clogged with muck by now)

[roll0]

Randel
2007-11-28, 07:51 PM
Jesaral

With Lorrens help, Jesaral tries to climb out of the pit. Quickly holding onto Lorren with both hands, and with the Dwarf holding her legs, she forms a ladder or bridge for the dwarf.

"Okay, dwarf. If you want, you can try climbing up me to get out of here... just don't try anything fresh and don't dunk my head under this junk."

Jesaral tries climbing up Lorrens arm to get out of the goo.

Climb:[roll0]

"And what are you smiling at?" she asks Lorren.

MCerberus
2007-11-28, 11:18 PM
Moving to try and escape the sinking cage, Venn jumps out hoping to avoid the muck, but he isn't a very athletic person, so that would likely end poorly. If he doesn't make it, the wizard tries to keep his head above muck level and climb out.

Jump [roll0]
Swim? [roll1]
Cimb [roll2]

Mithreander
2007-11-29, 10:59 AM
Lorren

Still smiling, she answers Jesaral, laughing openly at the 'fresh' comment.

"This is the stuff of life! In a day, a week or a year, if we are blessed, we will look back on this and laugh till our sides ache!"

Inside, she was more serious, but she did not want to alarm the others. She was hoping that her attitude would prevent any panic that may well up in those in the muck.

Again, to Thomas, she yells to him "To your right! There is something there to aid you! Gack! I think his ears are plugged with muck."

Finally able to pull Jesaral out, the dwarf literally on her heels, she sighs in relief.

Noticing that they were alone, she looked around in the darkness and not seeing much, she motions with her hands, pulling on the bond that she shared with the butterflies and touched her cloak.

"A little light, if you would please." she says in sylvan to them.

The Morning glories gather on the cloak and start to glow in an increasing amount until a pool of bright light surrounded her lighting the cave completely.

Seeing the equipment to one side, she moved to it and motioned for the dwarf and Jesaral to help her.

"Let's get some rope and throw it to Thomas and any others that might need further help."

vampire2948
2007-11-29, 11:29 AM
All of your equipment is there, except for the armour which you are still wearing.

Thomas, you feel something brush against your leg, it is long and slimy.


[Snazzy new av' Mith!]

Mithreander
2007-11-29, 04:22 PM
Lorren

Seeing the silk rope withthe other equipment, Lorren gets it and moves to throw the end to Thomas.

It's an easy throw to make and easily hits him with it.

Hoping that Thomas is aware enough to feel the rope now across his shoulder, she motions for the dwarf to help her.

She then waits to see if Thomas takes the rope.

Ahus
2007-11-29, 04:44 PM
Hamish

Seeing all of your stuff in the light of Lorren's butterflies. I head over there to reequip myself and draw my Rapier.

Hurry, up...

Listen:[roll0] to try to hear any one coming this way.

Kaisshau
2007-11-29, 05:02 PM
Going with Hamish to gather my things, I look around to see if I can find anything out of place.
[roll0] (+2 for unusual stonework)
"We still go' tha' map? Be nice ta figure out where we are."

vampire2948
2007-11-29, 05:09 PM
You don't see anything out of place, other than a mess of goblin junk all over the cave.

The map is among the pile o' stuff.

kpenguin
2007-11-29, 05:25 PM
Thomas

Tom grabs the rope and grabs on to it.

(OOC: Mmmmm... I think the closest thing to this would be the rules for quicksand. So, DC 10 Strength check for me to hold on and DC 15 Strength check for you guys to pull me out)

[roll0]

Mithreander
2007-11-29, 05:35 PM
Lorren

Lorren, seeing Thomas grab the rope pulls on it, looking over her shoulder at the others.

"I may need some help here! He's stuck good!"

She then pulls with all her might.

Strength check (DC:15): [roll0]

kpenguin
2007-11-29, 05:44 PM
OOC: Yes! Success!

Thomas

Tom is pulled 5 feet closer to safety

OOC: Is that enough?

Randel
2007-11-29, 09:50 PM
Jesaral

"Ugh... this is going to take forever to get out." She struggles to get up, still covered in the tar.

Hearing Lorrens request, she moves to get a grip on the rope, trying to help her pull Thomas out of the tar.


Strength check:[roll0]

MCerberus
2007-11-29, 11:03 PM
After what seems like an eternity dealing with not trying to drown, Venn reaches relative safety for now (right?). He looks around for his book, as it is his most valuable possession. All other items are secondary, but Venn doesn't really waste much time getting his other gear together.

Since they were most likely in a cave complex, light would likely become an issue soon, so Venn draws his dagger and traces a small rune on the blade with his finger. He yells out the word "Soluroth" and it lights up like a torch.

After calling his familiar over, he turns to the others and presents the question, "So what's our next move here?"

kpenguin
2007-11-29, 11:59 PM
OOC: Maybe you should get Gromtul to pull and you all to use aid another checks. Just a thought. Anyway, I think I need to make a strength check each round, so...

Thomas

Tom holds on for all his worth, holding his breath and silently praying.

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-11-30, 12:00 AM
GAHH!

[roll0]

Kaisshau
2007-11-30, 01:08 AM
"Oi, Is som'un still in tha muck?" Gromtul calls over, after grabbing and putting on his gear. "Here, lassie, le'me help ya."

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-11-30, 01:16 AM
Thomas

Tom moves 5 feet closer to safety

OOC: Okay, that's ten feet closer from where I dropped into the muck. Is that enough?

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 05:15 AM
Yeah, Everyone is out of the mud and walking around [except Buster]

kpenguin
2007-11-30, 05:23 AM
Thomas

Tom smiles at his companions.

Thank you, friends. May Pelor shine his golden radiance upon all of your souls.

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 11:14 AM
If Hamish is still listening, then he hears the sound of running, you guess it's about ten lightly equipped goblins.

You think that they are going to come around the corner and see you very, very soon.

Ahus
2007-11-30, 11:17 AM
Hamish

Alright, we have three priorities 1 get our stuff together, 2 get Buster out of his cage, 3 get out of here before whatever trapped us comes looking for us. Once we do those things we can go about figuring out what is going on here and smooshing goblins. Speaking of goblins, where did they all go.

Having already grabbed my stuff, I'm going to move over to buster's cage as stealthily as I can...

ooc: Post Ninjaed but still steathing.
Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]


Ok, New priority I hear them coming.

ooc: where are we on the map so I can get a reference to space for some upcoming illusions.

Kaisshau
2007-11-30, 11:49 AM
"Oi! Lasses an' wizards, ge' behind me! Thoma', ya ready?" Gromtul says, as he turns to face the direction Hamish pointed in.

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 12:20 PM
You are currently in the small alcove of the map that is the first right when you come in through the south entrance.

Sycara
2007-11-30, 12:35 PM
I scramble behind the dwarf and use "enlarge person" on him (more intimidating, yay) Hopefully this will scare some gobbos off:smallsmile:

Mithreander
2007-11-30, 12:40 PM
Lorren

"Wait! Let me get in front when they come at us initially, then you can jump in front of me! Let me have my friends attack them first and then I'll step back and you can do what you do best."

The butterflies attack worked in a cone. The goes through the motions of gathering them around her fists, two huge swarms ready to be loosed and motions for the others to get on the sides of her.

She will then 'ready an action' to yell "Attack" and launch the butterflies attack when she can catch the most in the resulting color spray.

She will then step back and let the others take their turn.

"Hopefully I can get the majority of them in this attack and we'll be dealing with a reasonable number."

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 01:01 PM
Hearing your shouting made the goblins run even faster, ten goblins rounded the corner from the right and uttered loud screams and cries!

The one in front, a large, ugly one with a bent nose that told of many fights shouted in goblin. KILL THEM!! KILL THEM ALL!!.

They hustle forwards, brandishing a variety of weapons from small planks of wood to swords and axes.


Those of you casting spells and such, roll your dice and tell me which you are aiming at, they are in a two x five formation rushing towards you. You have clear line of sight (due to your height) into the second rank.

I'll use this to help you tell me which you are aiming at.


EDIT: Okay, I tried to use a table and be clever...but the forum doesn't like it. Does anyone know how I make the forum read my HTML as HTML? I tried using the Wrap [HTML] tags around selected object button....but that didn't work.


meh

Pick a gobbo! [The leader is A]

E D C B A >>> You lot are
J I H G F >>> over here!

Ahus
2007-11-30, 01:06 PM
Hamish

Ok, Now we are talking...

I get behind the dwarf. As I pass him I place my hand on his shoulder.
Thank you for your bravery, Dwarf. Here is a little something that might help you.

As I remove my hand a shimmering bubble develops around the dwarf in a sphere which collapses around his body.

Casting Mage Armor on the dwarf: +4 Armor bonus for the next hour.

1 Untouchable Gaint Dwarf coming up...

I then Head off to work on Buster's cage, confident that the giant Invincible Dwarf has things firmly under control.

If any of the goblins get past the dwarf, I guess I'll stabity them with the rapier or something.

Kaisshau
2007-11-30, 01:18 PM
"Come 'n get it!" Gromtul yells, then screams an epithet in dwarven. It roughly translates to "Your mother's the cross between a goblin and an orc, except twice as ugly and half as smart." Not that it matters to the goblins what it means, of course.

[roll0] (Intimidate check)
[roll1] (Initiative check)

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 01:46 PM
Some of the goblins look rather scared, one stops in his tracks, but starts moving again when he gets a cuff around the ear from the big one.

YOU SCARED OF SOME WEAK LITTLE HOOMANS?? he jeers.

Mithreander
2007-11-30, 02:53 PM
Lorren

Lorren steps to a location where the majority of the butterfly attack will hit the most goblins and says "Attack!" in Sylvan and launch them at the group(s) of goblins.

Sorry, I do not know their configuration. I was hoping to get them before they got into formation, but meh. She is doing a Suddon Maximized Color Spray. If they fail (however many are hit) from a will save DC 14, then they will be unconscious, blind and stunned for 8 rounds, then blind and stunned for another 4 and then just stunned for 1.

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 03:14 PM
Do you actually have the correct spell slot to cast a Sudden Maximized Colour Spray?

At level one...i'm not sure that you can do this.

I will look it up.


EDIT: The rules for colour spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) which I should have looked up earlier do not infact do what you said that they do.

As the goblins have over three hit die each, they are affected less that your colour spray than you said.

And, since the rules for maximized spells (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#maximizeSpell) mean that it uses a spell slot 3 levels higher than it is currently, then Colour Spray is at least level 4.

Can someone point me toward the book that the rules for sudden spells are in? Do you mean quickened?

vampire2948
2007-11-30, 05:13 PM
Five of them are hit.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

All but one of the targeted goblins are stunned, their eyes roll in their sockets and they suddenly fall over, trampled and pushed out of the way by their comrades.

Six goblins rush toward you and yell various insults and taunts at you. They are...rougly...3 meters away.

Mithreander
2007-11-30, 05:16 PM
Lorren

Seeing 4 of the 5 that were hit go down in a crumble after the butterflies 'attack' them, she punps her arm.

"Yes! Take that!" she says as she tries to move out of the way of the rest.

She is hoping that the dwarf is attracting most of thier attention.

kpenguin
2007-11-30, 07:26 PM
Thomas

Tom grabs his halberd and swings it above his head.

Tremble before the wrath of Pelor! I am the sword of the Radiant One, come to strike down your sins! I shall strike sure and true as Pelor is my weilder! Repent, infidels, or feel his golden wrath!

[roll0]
[roll1]

MCerberus
2007-11-30, 07:55 PM
Venn

Venn looks over the goblins and begins to come up with a plan. Despite what one said they do look slightly afraid of us puny hoomans. He yells to the others, "Concentrate on the leader. They'll likely run with him out of the way." Venn then mutters some magic words, punches the air in front of him and a magic missile is in flight, corkscrewing its way to goblin A.

Damage [roll0]

Randel
2007-11-30, 08:17 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral picks up her crossbow and loads it, slinging her other supplies over her shoulder before going to help Hamish free Buster. "Don't worry Buster, I'm here for you. We'll get you out of there in no time."

She pulls out her thieves tools and checks the cage to see how to get Buster free.

Kaisshau
2007-11-30, 08:30 PM
"For Moradin!" Gromtul yells as he charges in, bringing his axe to bear on the nearest standing goblin.
[roll0]
[roll1]

(OOC: I think I got my rolls right... +6 base (+1 BAT, +1 Masterwork, +3 STR, +1 Weapon Focus), +2 for goblins, +2 for charge, -1 for enlarge person. Right?)

MCerberus
2007-12-01, 01:26 AM
silly me I forgot initiative

[roll0]

Randel
2007-12-01, 02:02 AM
Drat, me too.

Initiative: [roll0]

Search check: [roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 08:03 AM
The Magic Missiles slam into the leader and throw him across the room, where he smashes into the wall.

He slides down the wall, leaving a stain of dark blood.


He looks pretty dead!


The goblins chatter and look very scared, then the giant dwarf and the guy screaming about light and Pelor, the enemy of their own dark god, crash into their line, cleaving two more into small pieces.

The others turn and flee!


Jeresal thinks that it would be very easy to unlock the cage...just roll a dice to try to unlock it. (d20)


OOC: yes, I rolled really crap health for them.

Mithreander
2007-12-01, 09:36 AM
Lorren

Lorren sees the goblins flee and smiles.

She looks to the cage and the unconscious goblins.

"How much longer on that cage? The five that are still alive would fit nicely in it. I think we can rig the ock so the key will not unlock it. That should keep them until we are done here so we can take them to justice."

She then went to retrieve the goblin that had been thrown into the muck, if he is still visable. No reason for more death then necessary. That would make them just as bad as the goblins.

Randel
2007-12-01, 01:43 PM
Jesaral

"Okay, this should be easy." she says as she works on the lock.

Disable device:[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 04:31 PM
The lock springs open and Buster jumps out, licking your face and wagging his tail. How strange...for a dinosaur. meh...


To Lorren, the cage will sink within ten mins if you put all the goblins that are left in it. The goblin in the mud is gone.

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 04:37 PM
Thomas

Tom the rest of his equipment and pulls out his rope.

Perhaps we should just tie them up. Sticking them in a cage suspended above that muck would probably end up with them plummeting into the wretched stuff.

His mouth twitches uncomfortably as he thinks of the muck's horrid taste in his mouth. He then looks around sheepishly at the others.

Oh, and about that thing about Pelor's wrath and divine vengeance and all that stuff. I hope I haven't made anyone uncomfortable. Just some things I picked up from my village priest.

Kaisshau
2007-12-01, 05:20 PM
"Oi say we just toss 'em in tha muck after we strip them o' gear. No sense wasting good rope on 'em. Tha people o' tha village woul' do tha same, an' the goblins wouldn't waste tha time after they go' what they needed from us." Gromtul says to no one in particular, going to grab his bag and then helping to loot the goblin's, dead and alive.

Joining the group near the unconscious goblins, and looking at Lorren, Gromtul speaks seriously "These 're goblins, lass, no' men. Men ya can redeem, bu' no' goblins. If we release them, tha'll jus' join anothe' tribe an' kill more people, until they die. If we give th 'em to tha village, they'll have them executed. Afte' torturin' them. Let's save 'em tha pain o' torture an' jus' kill 'em now. I know ye no' be likin' ta kill things, bu' ya gotta understand tha' sometimes ya got no option."

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 05:39 PM
Thomas

Tom puts his hand on the dwarf's shoulder, being careful not to touch the armor spikes.

"Now see here, dwarf. There is good and evil in all races, be they man or goblin or dwarf or elf or halfling"

He fingers his holy symbol.

"Pelor calls on us to be merciful to all living beings and all life is sacred in his eyes. Perhaps these goblins will find the error of their ways or perhaps their hearts will grow as black as coal. It does matter, for the loss of life should be avoided as much as possible."

Tom looks around and looks into the eyes of each of his companions.

"I am not saying they should be released to continue their mischief, but they are our prisoners. We should treat them as we would wish to be treated."

Tom's head turns to lock eyes with Lorren.

"You know my thoughts, milady. You are our leader, however, and I shall defer to your judgement."

Kaisshau
2007-12-01, 06:09 PM
Gromtul

Gromtul wheels on Thomas, glares up at him, and explodes. "How old ar ya, son? How long ye been aroun'? How many times ha' yer town faced a goblin raid? If ya think these creatures are redeemable, yer grossly mistaken. You've neve' seen the aftamath o' a goblin raid, have ya? You've never seen children, women, men, slaughter'd. Boiled alive an' eaten. Ye've never come home ta have yer young ones toss'd in a pit o' spikes, some still alive. You've never seen a whole village destroyed..."

Steadying himself, he looks back up at Thomas. "Tha only way to avoid death 'ere is ta kill 'em now. We turn them over to tha town, and tha town, any town, will torture 'em an' kill 'em. If they say they've changed an' we let em go, we'll find 'em years from no', a dozen fresh skulls on their belts. They'll say anythin' ta save their hides. Le's jus' kill 'em now, save them tha torture, an' save the lives o' their future victims."

Randel
2007-12-01, 06:24 PM
Jesaral

"Or we can stuff them in this cage we have right here." She says, pointing to the one she just rescued Buster from. "After all, we can always kill them later if need be... or take them as slaves. If you kill a goblin you just have a dead goblin on your hands. If you have slaves, you can get all sorts of stuff done."

Looking at the others she clears her throat. "Um, I mean, if they agree to surrender peacefully... we can see about finding a way for them to help others, and uh... become valued and productive members of society. Yeah, that's the ticket."

She cleans herself up as best she can, getting most of the nasty gunk off. Buster stands behind her, the reptilian beast looming over the goblins. Jesaral takes out her crossbow and begins infusing it with magic.

Casting infusion: personal weapon augmentation: goblin bane (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#bane). casting time 1 minute, duration 10 minutes

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 06:30 PM
Tom matches the dwarfs glare.

Perhaps I've not seen what you have, sir, but let me tell you what I have. I've seen men, cheat and steal and rape. I've seen goblins, worthy and honest and kind. I've seen the same goblins chased and tortured for the color of their skin. I've seen the same men do the chasing. I've seen heads on pikes, heads of younglings not old enough to pick up a pitchfork, much less a sword. I've seen tears, down the faces of those who looked beyond their physical appearance and into their pure hearts.

Thomas pauses. Catching his breath and cooling his heart.

"No thinking creature should have their life taken because of what race they were born into. No thinking creature should be judged by the sins of their brethren. No thinking creature should be killed needless before they have a chance at redemption."

"And no thinking creature-goblin, man or dwarf-shall convince me otherwise."

Kaisshau
2007-12-01, 06:46 PM
"Ya may be right, on tha men. Bu' let me tell ya this. Those men get imprisoned. If'n yer a dwarf ya ge' exiled. Goblins tha' do tha same get encouraged. The so-called pure o' heart goblins get killed, by their own kind. They ge' killed by their own leaders as soon's they show it. These goblins 're in a clan. They ain't gonna be nice."

"And may yer god be damned if he encourages ya to spare tha life o' an evil creature."

(OOC: Remember, Sienna is dwarven. Only people who can understand it are Hamish and Jeseral... Hehe.)

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 06:56 PM
"You could say the same of men, or dwarves, who grow up serving evil lords. Would you advocate taking their lives when they could simply be captured?"

Tom sighs.

"But... I see in your eyes that I shall never convince you."

He looks to Lorren.

"Ultimately, however, it is not up to me or sir dwarf. It is up to you. Make your decision. If you choose to slaughter them, it will not be I who rests uneasy tonight."

Turns and begins to walk away.

"I think... I will go ahead and see what lies ahead here."

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 07:17 PM
yeah...umm...you've been talking for a while. I said it all outloud to myself and timed it, and it was over the time limit for Lorren's maximized colour spray thingy.

The goblins open their yellow eyes and peer about the room, seeing you all in a huddle arguing they crawl slowly towards the exit.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

You can hear them scraping their armour and weapons across the floor, and one is breathing heavily, as if he is asthmatic. His wheezing alerts you all to their movement.



[Oh, and Thomas, in this world the teachings of Pelor may be slightly different to what is normally accepted. Pelor does teach that needless killing is not acceptable. However, in this case, if you leave them to be found by their tribe in a cage, then the dwarf's argument is very true. And since they ARE evil...and you're a paladin...well...I think Pelor wouldn't mind too much.
Still your choice though. It's just I thought that Pelor was a god of war etc. I may be wrong...I'll take a look through my various books on the Gods of D&D.]

[Also, to everyone, if you wish for me to write anything extra about the world that you are in for your characters to roleplay or use in any other way, e.g. extracts from Pelor's holy book, or anything. Then please, just ask! I'd be happy to do it.]

Randel
2007-12-01, 07:37 PM
Jesaral

*sigh* "Listen, while we can argue about killing or sparing the goblins all we want, I think what we should be worried about is whatever made that swirly thing that plopped us in that cage."

"The goblins we are dealing with might be good or bad, or maybe a little mix between the two. I think I saw a few young ones picking on Buster... little brats." She pets Buster a little "But the main point is that they are serving something with actual brains and ambitions, it was ordering them to collect dead bodies, wasn't it? So, these goblins are just serving it. I say we head for the spellcasting thing, kill anything that tries to stop us, and if some goblins throw down their weapons and surrender... well, there's no need to waste time killing non-combatants when there is a battle in progress, plus if they know anything about our spellcasting thing we always ask them for information."

"So, really there is no need to go out of our way killing goblins that won't fight while there are big nasty things that can use swirly magic to stuff people in cages from miles away."

Kaisshau
2007-12-01, 07:46 PM
Gromtul hears the goblins moving, and looking over, shouts at them. "Stop movin'! Or I'll kill ya!"

Intimidate check: [roll0]

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 07:48 PM
Thomas

Tom looks at the now awake goblins and Jeresal

"Just wait a few minutes and set up a perimeter. I'll see if we can get any information."

He looks at Gromtul.

"Listen. I know you don't agree with me on my moral views and I know I'll probably never convince you, but there's also a very practical reason why killing prisoners is wrong: it discourages any others from surrendering. So just... let me talk to them."

Tom walks over to the goblins and hefts his halberd.

"Stop right there. I've tried my best to hold back my companions from slaying you, but if you try to leave, I'm afraid we'll have no choice but to take your lives."

He smiles.

"So please, stay, and let us talk for a bit."

[roll0]

Randel
2007-12-01, 07:56 PM
Jesaral

Seeing the goblins crawling away, she continues working on her crossbow. "Buster, keep them from leaving." she says calmly.

Buster moves swiftly, helping to block the exit and showing his teeth to the goblins that try to escape.

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 08:07 PM
Buster's toothy grin and lolling toungue cause those closest to him to whimper in fear and recoil. All of the goblins turn and sit, cross-legged, to listen to Thomas.

No...not all of us spe...speak your lan...words. I speak a little. says one of the goblins, raising a hand.

The others nod entusiastically, not knowing what their companion said, but agreeing with him all the same.

Wha...What do you want, madam? he says, looking at Thomas.

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 08:33 PM
Thomas

Could you please tell me who your masters are, my good fellow?

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 08:41 PM
Masta? Our boss is the Chief! Chief Stonepuke. He is leada of all the goblins in this cave. He...is our leader, no...not that...that...thing. We don't likes it...it is bad...but chief no listen...no...no he doesn't... He trails off...

[Imagine Gollum from Mr. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings! yay for him :smallsmile: ]

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 08:42 PM
Thomas

Thing? What thing?

OOC: Oh, and pre-emptive Knowledge (Religion) check to see if I know what it is from the description:

[roll0]

EDIT: I rolled a ONE?!

Randel
2007-12-01, 08:55 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral rolls her eyes at this, the goblins can barely speak common, probably only enough to say they can't speak it and Thomas is throwing in honoraries and niceties?

As she works, she speaks up. "Goblin language does not have many words for niceties or honoraries, I know a little about it. I can help translate."

"The 'big guy in armor with a sword' wants to know all about the 'powerful person who who tells you what to do'." she says in goblin. Which should be approximately what Thomas was asking.


She keeps working on her crossbow, which should be ready in a little bit.

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 08:58 PM
Thomas

I believe he understood me. He just answered my question.

OOC: I don't have a sword

nevermind.

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 08:58 PM
Thomas, you come up with several ideas from demons to spiritual constructs, they are all probably wrong though. The description, like your roll, is poor.


Upon hearing Jeresal's voice speaking the harsh syllables of the Goblin language, the other goblin's ears prick up.

The boss tells us what to do. Also, what sword? I only see an axe-staff. one of the smaller ones pipes up. Then glances over his shoulder to see what Buster is doing.

sigh.

Also, what magic are you putting on your crossbow? Bane vs. Goblinoids?

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 09:06 PM
OOC: Could we get the goblin's actual description, so we know a little about what we're up against?

Thomas

Tom scratches his head.

"Nothing I've heard from my religious studies matches his description," he says to the others. "Does anyone else have any idea?"

OOC: Knowledge checks, everybody!

Randel
2007-12-01, 09:15 PM
Jesaral

"Oh, did I say sword or weapon? Sorry, my dialect is a bit off. So, this creature that Chief Stonepuke is working with. What does it look like?"

(Yes, its bane verses goblinoids. It lasts for 10 minutes and only works when I use it.)

And sorry about the editing. I did speak goblin and I am going to act as party translator to goblin.

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 09:34 PM
Randel, it's okay. i just dislike people changing their previous actions. meh.


All of the goblins? okay...


They are all roughly four foot high, with very round heads. They have small hunched shoulders that hint at a lot of time mining and pushing wheelbarrows and carts, or other hard physical labour. They look slightly staved and overworked, with bags hanging from their eyes. They are all very dirty, dressed in rags and sacks with holes cut in them for the legs and arms.
None of them have much hair, but those who do have either grey or black hair, which is very thin and sits as a small wisp on the top of their heads.

They have short bony appendages, which are ill-proportioned to the rest of their bodies, they all wear small piercings, predominantly made from bone or lesser metals, hung through their ears, noses and lips. Their skin is pale green and most of them are covered in bruises, telling of constant beatings given to them by other goblins.
One of them has burns on his upper arms and shoulders, they do not look like they were caused by normal fires. They look more like heat was thrust at them at a great speed, melting and reshaping the skin around the areas it afflicted, giving his skin an effect like it was being rippled back by traveling at a high velocity. It looks very odd.

That a good enough description?

IC:

Sir, we do not see it often, sir. But when we do see it, it looks like a black cloud, or else a shadow. And once it appeared as a fountain of golden coins! That was amazing, that was. Wasn't it Jugg? he says, looking over at one of the other goblins.

Yeah, it was. says Jugg, scratching his belly.

What are you gonna do with us?

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 09:37 PM
OOC: I meant how the goblins described the "thing", but that's good too

Thomas

"Well, I'd like to keep you all alive, but the dwarf over there has issue with that."

Tom points at the one with burns.

"Did the thing do that?"

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 09:44 PM
As you point at the burnt one, he squeals and recoils slightly, trying to pull his ill-fitting clothes over his body. he backs into the wall, clearly scared and wondering what you are saying.

The thing did that to him. He was punished cos he failed to work as much as da thing wanted him to. He was too weak, da thing said, it told the chief that dere was no room in the tribe for weak gobbos! So, the thing told da chief that he would punish him as an ex...exa...show for the rest of us. To teach us what would happen if the rest of us didn't work hard enough.
It called him up to stand before it, and it raised it's arms and this weird blue light came from it's errm...hands? and zapped him! ZAP!! It went, we'd never seen anything like it, had we Jugg? he explained.

Nah, never anythin' like it. says Jugg in goblin, shaking his head.

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 09:48 PM
Thomas

Tell him that he has my sympathies.

Thomas looks the talkative goblin up and down.

"What's your name, friend?"

The goblin's command of Common seems a bit suspicious to Tom. He thinks back to see if there was any indication if the goblin was lying.

[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 09:50 PM
You think that he may have left out some details. But everything that he said was the truth. he is definitely hiding something...


My name? my name is...err...Slitooth...


OoC: Goblin name generator ftw! lol. I just keep pressing generate...it's so fun! so many stupid names

Randel
2007-12-01, 10:01 PM
Jesaral

Listening in on the conversation, Jesaral thinks for a second and asks the goblin. "What are these cages for?" she says pointing to the cages that the party found themselves inside, "And how was it that our possessions were found on the ground in a pile... and where are the two bandits that were with us?"

To Thomas she says, "I just asked him what he knows about these cages, and what might have happened to the bandits that were with us before we were transported here."

Sense Motive:[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-12-01, 10:02 PM
OOC: Whoops! I missed Randel's post about deciding to translate after all. Can we assume that Tom's words are being translated and vice versa?

"Well Slitooth, I don't suppose you could tell us why you've been robbing graves. My friend, Father Carter, isn't happy about that."

vampire2948
2007-12-01, 10:23 PM
No!! We have told you all we know!! Now let us be! You gotta as the Chief, or it!! they all stand up and look hopefully at the exit, then their faces fall as they realise that Buster is still there.

Randel
2007-12-01, 11:20 PM
Jesaral

Buster blocks the exit and prevents the goblins from fleeing, his jaws flashing menacingly as he gives a warning growl.

"Now then, we really need to know as much as we can if we are going to stop that thing. So please tell us absolutely everything you know, if you cooperate then we might be able to forgive some transgressions you may have done and just lock you in this cage or something." She nods toward the others in the party to see if they would agree. "But if you don't help us get rid of this evil thing then I'm afraid we can't be so generous."

In goblin she says "Tell us what we want to know and we might just lock you up safely in this cage while we deal with the creature. Refuse to help us and you will experience punishment worse than anything that flashy shadow thing can create... oh, and my pet here is named Buster, short for ballbuster. Cooperate and you won't have to find out why."

(So, should I roll for intimidate or is this enough?)

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 07:36 AM
lol, I rolled a dice for you, and you got a natural 20! :D nice intimidation.


All of the goblins stop in their tracks and sit back on the floor.

But...we have told you everything! Everything we know! We don't know what it is, or how it does what it does!! one of them says, a tear rolling down his little green cheek.

Mithreander
2007-12-02, 09:51 AM
Lorren

Initially, when the others had been arguing the merits of keeping the goblins alive, she allowed them to argue while taking the weapons and other things of value from the goblins they had.

Keeping track of the time, she was not surprised to see them recover, but seeing the dragon-like mount take guard duty, she did not see any need for any other precaution.

When she was told it was her responsibility to make the choice, she sighed.

"More then likely, these creatures are pure evil... or it will take too much effort to change their upbringing and experiences to became 'good. As for slaves, unfortunately they would lack the honor and humility to be good slaves, and would require more in keeping them to their work with guards then the work that could be gotten from them."

"With all of that in consideration... I am no murderer, nor, unfortunately, Judge and Jury. The law as I know it allow for people to protect themselves, but at this point we are not doing that, though it can be argued that we would just be being proactive in protecting ourselves with their destruction."

"Now, you say that it is my choice, so I have listened to your arguments and made my decision. Unfortunately it, like all decisions I will make, will be colored by my own moral upbringing. With that said, we will get what information they have... do not forget to use the map so the goblins can point to where things and others are, and then we will suspend them in Buster's cage until we return."

Lorren turns to Jesaral and says "Get the information on locations of others, and from that we should be able to estimate a number, as well as the normal location of the leader... and where this other thing is that is over them normally appears. After that, inform these goblins that they will be placed in this cage, and kept in it until we can come back for them. If they escape, then the next time we meet them, they will die. They will not have an option for a trial and leniency in the future."

She then turns back to those that had been arguing the merits of executing the goblins and says to them "At this point, their only true crime that I have seen it is robbing from the graveyard and perhaps aiding in the creation of undead, which is against the laws of men as well as most gods, if we can find any evidence of that. Our capture could be seen as a precaution to our trespassing. Their attack on us during our escape could be seen as a means to protect themselves from us. At this point, they may be able to come out of this alive if given a trial. Yes they are goblins, which has to be taken into consideration. But also consider that there have not been any disappearances remarked at the village. Truly these creatures have either been kept on a tight reign, or may not be as 'evil' as most goblins that I have heard of."

Lorren turned to look at the passage out of the cavern that they were in.

"We've been in here a while now. They will have arranged an ambush for us when we exit. We must be ready for that. I fear that we are at a distinct disadvantage at this point. I just hope that eventually they have the intelligence to surrender, or at least, initiate negotiations. No matter how 'evil' they may be, they will not all want to die."

Randel
2007-12-02, 12:27 PM
Jesaral

Listening intently to Lorrens speech, Jesaral nods. "That sounds fair."

She takes the map and stands near the goblins, holding the map out to see.

"This is an old map we got of this cave. Look it over and tell us what what we can expect to see in each room, any guard posts, sleeping areas, where this creature hangs out, the like. And tell us about any change made to the caves."

She points at each room on the map in order and has the goblins describe the rooms contents. She pulls out a piece of graphite from her spell component pouch to mark the information.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ma...ppi_y29dh3.jpg <-- the map again

kpenguin
2007-12-02, 02:49 PM
Thomas

Thomas bows.

I shall defer to your judgment, milady.

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 02:56 PM
The goblin directs Jeresal in the labeling of her Map, and shortly finishes. Leaving you with an annotated map telling you of the function of each part of the area. It looks like this:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/vampire2948/GoblinCaveMap.jpg (http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/vampire2948/GoblinCaveMap.jpg)

kpenguin
2007-12-02, 03:04 PM
Thomas

"Mmmm.... could someone get a torch or something? This map is hard to read."

OOC: The link is broken

kpenguin
2007-12-02, 03:18 PM
Thomas

Tom gets out a pint of oil and his lantern. He lights the lantern.

"There. Now we can read the map and have light for six hours or so."

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/vampire2948/GoblinCaveMap.jpg

"So, what's the plan?"

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 03:31 PM
Sorry about the link. But it seems Kpengiun managed to get it anyway.

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 05:58 PM
KatanaBlade, you wake up now. In the setting and with the events that I PM'd you.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-02, 06:55 PM
When I wake to find myself on the altar, listening to the prayers of the High Priest Goblin, with the thing standing beside it, carrying a large ornate knife, I am very frightened, and squirm underneath my bindings.
I scream, but the gag in my mouth stops any noise from coming out.

I'm going to die.


Out of the blue, a goblin came running up the steps, shouting for the high priest, he said that the prisoners had escaped and killed many of the goblins who were assigned to the guard.

The High Priest sighed and slammed the book that he was reading from onto the altar. The thing followed it, sweeping across the ground with inhuman grace.

Well, looks like i'm not so screwed...yet.


Left alone, I work on escape.




I quickly and easily escape from the flimsy rope bindings that the high priest put on my hands and legs, and pull the gag from my mouth, breathing deeply for the first time in hours.

I look about for my weapons and am suprised to find that both my longbow and my Katana, a prized family heirloom were on the floor a ten feet away.

Things were looking up.

I go and pick them up, slinging my bag onto my back and walk outside the temple, looking around for any goblins, my pointed ears pricked up to listen for any hint of activity.

Spot & Listen
[roll]1d20+7
1d20+7

KatanaBlade
2007-12-02, 07:00 PM
Spot & Listen
[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 07:04 PM
KatanaBlade,

As you sneak out of the temple, you notice several goblins running to and fro and screaming something at every goblin they pass. You don't know what they are saying, as you have never learned how to speak their language. But you know that it must be something to do with those prisoners that the little goblin earlier foolishly mentioned in common, so that you could understand it.

Very few goblins are left, but you can see one standing approximately 30 foot to your right, sitting at a table drinking something from a mug. It seems that he is too disabled to go and fight, as one leg is missing, and he has been assigned to guard the lad's drinks until they return. A task that he is failing, as he is drinking the contents of every mug in sight.

Apart from him, there is no one else in the area. They are all gone.
The goblin does not notice you...yet.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-02, 07:05 PM
I take my bow and load an arrow into it from my quiver.

This wouldn't be a hard shot.

I fire an arrow at the goblin, hoping for a head shot. These goblins are vermin that kidnapped me and tried to sacrifice me to their dark god. They deserve no mercy.

[roll0]

[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 07:08 PM
OoC: Might be a good idea if KatanaBlade spoke only with the spoiler tags. So that the other members of the adventure do not read everything, looking for their parts. I will write your parts in those tags too.



Your arrow flies straight, and hits the goblin in his unprotected back, piercing all the way through his body and into the table infront of him. He is dead before he knows what happened to him, blood pouring all over the chair and into his mug.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-02, 07:10 PM
OoC: Good idea, vamp.




Okay...with that, I rush after the other goblins, moving as silently as I can and hiding if any of them chance a look my way.

I want to know where they are going, what they sound like and if I see anything valuable along the way.

Move Silently and Hide Checks
[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 07:15 PM
They are all running left along the passage way and then straight on.

You see nothing of value, and your silent movement and the bloodlust of the goblins results in you remaining undetected.

There are two more goblins along the way who look too old to fight. They do not notice you if you move past them, though you may kill them if that is your wish.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-02, 07:17 PM
I shoot them both before I go past them, never hurts to be careful...

Goblin 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Goblin 2
[roll2]
[roll3]


If they are both killed in one shot, then I continue on my way. Following the goblins silently.


How many goblins went to the prison?

vampire2948
2007-12-02, 07:18 PM
Another two shots, another two dead unarmoured goblins.

You saw about twenty goblins heading to the cave, including the high priest.

The thing also went with the high priest.





To everyone else:

You may do roughly ten rounds worth of actions before you hear a loud noise of goblins running at top speed towards the prison.

So, you can put the goblins inside the cage, tie them up, kill them, toss them in the mud-stuff or get outside the prison and pick a different place to be in that time.

Ahus
2007-12-03, 08:33 AM
Hamish

After being silent for most of the discussion on what to do with the captive goblins...
Whatever we are going to do with them we'ld better do it quick, Some one probably heard the commotion and will be wanting to know what is going on. It would behoove us to not be here when they show up, particularly if the thing is with them when they arrive. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm feeling the effects of this magical energy straining me, and could use a rest before any kind of encounter with anything that could wield the kind of magic that brought us here.

If these goblins here truly wish for redemption they should return to their master and inform him that we have been slain and are submerged in the tar. We can then freely escape and they will likely be rewarded by their masters.

Diplomacy on the goblins to convince them that this is a worthy tactic: [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 08:50 AM
The goblins not eagerly as this is translated, and they leap to their feet.


Yes!! We choose that option!! says the one that can speak common.

All of us, even Jugg! We want that!! We go now!!

They turn to leave...


Jugg says, in goblin:

Ha! They stupid! Now we can just go help the boss kill them!!

Mithreander
2007-12-03, 09:39 AM
Lorren

She motions for them to stop and even says "Stop! Into the cage, and quick!"

She motions the other members to direct them in that direction and then turns to her team.

"I said that I was going to lock them up, and that is what we will do. This has taken too long as it is, Hamish is right about that, but we will finish with the cage first."

She secures her items, though they were not much, and direct the others to do the same.

"We will head out of here..." she glances to the goblins now (hopfully) in the cage with Jesaral securing it closed, "and I will tell you our destination after we are out of ear-shot of any ears."

She was sure that the others had thought the same thing she had, and did not think it was a very complex plan, but thought it was for the best. They had already allerted all of the goblins to their presence, and waited much to long as it was. It was time to leave.

Lorren headed towards the enterance with the others, hurrying Jesaral to join them.

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 09:48 AM
As you exit the prison area, you have three high stone corridors stretching to the left, right and center. Along the center one, there are roughly twenty goblins, all armed and rushing towards you shouting loud insults in the goblin language. [I would write some for Jeresal to read...but i'd have to censor them anyway.]

At their head is a particularly large goblin, almost as big as a human, weilding two large knives.

There is no sign of The Thing.


The boss crashes into the doorway to the prison and stands there. Making feral growling noises and waving his knives in the air, trying to scare you.

Intimidate:
1d20+5

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 09:50 AM
[roll0]


Intimidate again...


It's pretty scary, but not the most scary thing you've ever seen.

Ahus
2007-12-03, 11:15 AM
Hamish

As Lorren Commands that the goblins be locked up.
Suit yourselves were it up to me this discussion would be moot as these goblins would already be little more than stains on the floor of this cave but as it is let us be quick about locking them up.


After the goblins are locked up.
(ooc: Presuming that we are pretty much stuck in the prison if that is not the case I will likely do some thing different.)
I move aside from the others and start taking pot shots with my short bow at the mid to rear ranks of goblins. Hoping to avoid firing into the melee...

Initiave: [roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 11:43 AM
The arrow flies into a goblin in the back rank, who roars and pulls it out of his shoulder, causing [roll0] points of damage.
After this, he falls to the floor, bleeding heavily. Stupid goblins.

You all have one full action before they reach you.

Mithreander
2007-12-03, 02:41 PM
Lorren

Seeing the goblins, Lorren shakes her head.

Well, this sucks. She thinks as she once more motions with her hands to gather her butterflies once more.

She then hurls her hands towards the largest group of goblins she can see yelling "Attack" in Sylvan once more.

The butterflies once more stream from her hands towards the on rushing goblins.

She steps back to allow the from line fighters to engage the enemies that remain.

Save vs. will DC:14 once more or 1-2 HD creatures will be unconscious, stunned and blinded for [roll0] and then just blinded and stunned for [roll1] and then stunned for another round, of course. Then Initiative [roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 03:11 PM
Well, lets see how many are stunned, shall we.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]


After Lorren's spell five goblins fall to the ground, everyone else keeps on running, including the boss.

Also, katana, your longbow does 1d8 damage, not 1d10. Remember that for the future.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-03, 03:15 PM
Really? Sorry!! I will remember.


IC:

I load another arrow into my bow and shoot the nearest goblin that is standing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Well...that didn't work, unless the goblin has really, really low HP.

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 03:18 PM
The goblin that you shot turns around and rushes towards you instead!

It shouts, "There's one over here too!!!" to it's friends and raises it's club to hit you.

SMACK!

[roll0]
[roll1]

NOTE: It's a light mace, not a greatclub.

The attack glances off your armour and the goblin causes no damage to you.

I believe you get an AoO for him charging at you...

KatanaBlade
2007-12-03, 03:23 PM
I pull out my Katana and drop the longbow, thrusting the sharp blade infront of me to stab the Goblin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-03, 03:24 PM
The goblin dies, blood spraying from his mouth as he slips from your blade and onto the ground. Blood drips off of your sword, making the normally silver blade shine deep red.

Randel
2007-12-03, 09:26 PM
Jesaral

After securely locking the goblins in the cage, Jesaral heads out with the others crossbow at the ready.

If they instead let the goblins run free she reluctantly lets them go out of sheer not-wanting-to-bother-with-the-lock. However, she keeps her eye out for those goblins and if she sees them in the mob attacking them she is prepared to make their deaths very painful

Initiative:[roll0]

She fires her crossbow, aiming at the big goblin.

Attack:[roll1] (+3 dex, +1 size mod, +1 masterwork, +2 for the goblinoid bane)
Damage:[roll2]
Bonus damage:[roll3](bonus damage against goblinoids)

"Buster, go get 'em! Go for the groin!" She yells in halfling.

Buster helps out, getting into melee and dealing vicious attacks with his clawed talons. Helping the other melee fighters flank if possible.

**************

Buster

Initiative:[roll4]
Attack (talons):[roll5]
Damage:[roll6]

Kaisshau
2007-12-04, 02:27 AM
Gromtul raises his axe, and runs towards the Goblin Chief, swinging with the fury of an angry dwarf.
Initiative: [roll0]
To hit: [roll1]
Power Attack: [roll2]

kpenguin
2007-12-04, 02:34 AM
Thomas

Thomas positions himself between the squishier party members and the goblins. He grips his halberd and readies it against a charge.

OOC: Ready action against a charge with my halberd.