PDA

View Full Version : vampire2948's Adventure!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kpenguin
2007-12-04, 02:35 AM
OOC: Oh, and initiative:

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-12-04, 02:36 AM
OOC: Damn it...

[roll0]

Ahus
2007-12-04, 08:39 AM
Hamish

From a position of relative safety behind the front line...

I continue to take shots at the Goblins whom have not yet engaged in melee.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

We are utilizing the doorway of the prison room as a choke point to prevent the goblins from charging past the crunchies particularly the neigh untouchable dwarf.

Ahus
2007-12-04, 08:41 AM
ooh possible Critical

Critical Confirm: [roll0]

Sycara
2007-12-04, 10:58 AM
Having watched the fight up till now in fear, I decide to help out and thrust my spear at the neck of the nearest goblinoid.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (piercing)

(ooc: Dunno if it will do much...)

vampire2948
2007-12-04, 12:47 PM
Hamish shoots a goblin in the eye, which makes him fall over backwards and scream loudly until another goblin kicks his head and breaks his neck.

Gromtul swings his axe at the goblin chief and knocks his head from his shoulders, it falls to the ground three meters away and rolls off, making a little red trail.

Sycara misses spectacularly and narrowly avoids hitting one of his friends.

The goblins that are left charge towards to the doorway and gromtul, shouting.

Against Gromtul:

[roll0]
[roll1]

A miss, due to his unholy amount of AC

Thomas gets his readied action:

Goblin attacking him:

[roll2]
[roll3]

KatanaBlade
2007-12-04, 12:51 PM
I wish to fire another arrow at a goblin:

[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-04, 12:54 PM
You kill one. It dies in a painful way involving an arrow, it's spinal cord and falling on it's own spear.

You have to drop your katana, then pick up your bow, which takes time. You cannot fire an arrow on this round. Your action this round is to pick up your bow...you may shoot next round, when people have done stuff.

MCerberus
2007-12-04, 09:30 PM
Venn

Venn is quickly running out of effective spells. Luckily his last decently powerful one well help him last longer and hopefully prevent him from being stabbed. His hands outstretched with palms up, he says a few magic words and he becomes surrounded by glowing barriers that quickly dim and become invisible. Then dropping his dagger and takes out his crossbow.

OOC -
Drop dagger
Cast Mage Armor for +4 to AC
Draw Crossbow
[roll0]

Kaisshau
2007-12-04, 11:44 PM
Gromtul roars, having severed the head of the leader, and laughs as the goblins attack bounces off his armor. He swings at the nearest goblin.

kpenguin
2007-12-04, 11:52 PM
OOC: Hm... not enough to hit my AC, but it won't matter anyway since my readied action might kill the goblin before he attacks

IC: Thomas

Tom heaves his halberd's pike at the goblin's stomach.

[roll0]
[roll1]x2

Randel
2007-12-05, 02:54 AM
Jesaral
HP: 11/11 AC:16

Quickly reloading her crossbow, Jesaral fires another bolt at one of the goblins she can get a clear shot at.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Bonus Damage:[roll2]

Buster
HP: 9/13 AC:16 (9 hp due to his injuries and healing from bandit fight)

Buster readily attacks any goblins trying to get into the room, striking with his sharp talons.

Attack (talons):[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

Ahus
2007-12-05, 08:49 AM
Hamish

Seeing the carnage that the party has inflicted on the goblin attackers, I retreat to the area of the prison where the captive goblins are caged...

Now might be a good time for you to plead with the others of your kind to give up and take their places as our captives. I have a feeling they'ld believe you all before any member of the group that they are currently being slaughtered by. Oh, by the way you no longer have to worry about the thing influencing your chief as his head is no longer attached to his body...

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Mithreander
2007-12-05, 09:35 AM
Lorren

Lorren, behind the first rank of fighters, watched anxiously as the fight continued.

It will be over soon, and the 5 that her spell had hit were still unconscious, which she hoped would last long enough for them to join the others in the jail cell at least.

Her butterflies join her again, hovering around her in a cloud of colors, ready to listen to her next request.

She notices them on a subconscious level, and wonders what she can do at this point.

She had her dagger in her belt, but never even thought to reach it. She had no training in it use outside of its use as a tool.

She looked over the others, and it seemed that the goblins were in trouble. That is to say, they were not.

She expected the others to run at the next opportunity.

vampire2948
2007-12-05, 10:21 AM
Unknown to the others, a small blood red gem drops to the floor infront of Lorren, it does not seem to be damaged by the fall.

Help me.

It says, telepatically into Lorren's mind.

Please

It lays there, glinting, though there is no light that would cause this.

Mithreander
2007-12-05, 10:35 AM
Lorren

Humm, trust small talking gem that mysteriously appears in front of me, or kick it to the other side of the cavern where it can be 'safe'? she thinks to herself, wondering how gullible she appeared to be.

She looked to the side and sighed, waving to one of the Goliath butterflies to pick it up. Mage hand shared with familiar

"Could you please fly that to the prison cave and drop it in a corner somewhere? Thanks." she says to the butterfly as it dips down to carry the gem.

I will deal with you later. she thinks to it as she turns her attention back to the group and the fight.

vampire2948
2007-12-05, 12:48 PM
As the butterfly draws near, the gem turns into a deep purple colour and becomes very, very heavy.

The butterfly can't pick it up.

I need your help! NOW! it says to Lorren.

Please don't just leave me here!

Mithreander
2007-12-05, 12:54 PM
Lorren

Well, this will probably be the stupidest thing I've ever done: listen to a rock that suddonly appears in front of me in hostile teritory. Meh, I just hope I live... Lorren thought to herself as she bent over to pick up the pleading gem, waving away the 6" butterfly that was in her way.

MCerberus
2007-12-05, 01:04 PM
Venn:

Now with some level of protection from attacks, Venn looks over the crowd to try and find a target that he could hit without accidentally putting a bolt into someone else. He quickly draws back the receiver and places a bolt in his crossbow. With a sharp twang a small package of death is on its way to the goblin crowd.

[roll0]
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-05, 01:13 PM
The gem turns back to red and allows you to pick it up.

Thank you

Venn's bolt flies through the air and hits a goblin on the arm, it pulls it out and keeps on going.

Attacks on Gromtul & Thomas:
Gromtul
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thomas:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Two goblins wing their weapons at the person infront of them, aiming for points like the neck and the legs to try to damage their enemies most.

At the back of the group some of the goblins are looking back at the darkness, wondering whether it would be better to run away.

Don't run! If you run away, then the thing will find us!

But where is the thing? It said that it would help us to kill these people.

I don't know!! Maybe it turned into something and flew away.

Two goblins break away from the group but are hit by other goblins, they fall to the ground with split skulls, spilling blood and other fluids onto the ground to join the streams created by the other goblins.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-05, 01:15 PM
I shoot my bow at the same goblin that Venn hit.

[roll0]

[roll1]

I wonder if they'll help me when this is over? That other group looks friendly...except for that giant dwarf thingy.

vampire2948
2007-12-05, 01:18 PM
Katana, your arrow kills the goblin from behind, the arrow pierces the goblins rib cage from behind and it looks very painful...

Venn, you notice that there is another person shooting, as you are looking at the back ranks of the goblins.

kpenguin
2007-12-05, 11:45 PM
Thomas
The goblin's blow glances off Tom's armor (OOC: Hehehe... MISS!)

Thomas draws forth all his strength and swings at the attacker.

OOC: So, that's a power attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]

kpenguin
2007-12-05, 11:46 PM
Whoops, wrong dice for damage. :smallredface:

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-12-05, 11:48 PM
I think something's wrong with me. :smalleek:

[roll0]

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 12:21 AM
Venn

OOC - we should start a pool on how many pieces that goblin in is. I'm guessing 5.

IC- Venn looks over to try and see who else is firing on the goblins for a split second. While reloading he quickly says to Nigel in a quieted tone, "Go over and see who that is." He fires once again into the crowd of Goblins, "If friendly get them over here."

[roll0] (yay alertness... oh wait I'm losing that after this check :smallannoyed:
[roll1]
[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 08:16 AM
Nigel makes it across the goblins without being cut up into tiny little pieces.

The goblin that took 14 damage is still alive!!!

Joke! He's now on the floor as a kind of soup...with six large lumps in it...you think that one might be it's head...hard to tell...

Venn, your bolt his another goblin in the chest, who falls over and dies...poor thing.

So...what are you planning on doing after you get out of here, Lorren? says the gem.

KatanaBlade, you notice that a raven has come over to talk to you.

Ahus
2007-12-06, 09:21 AM
Hamish

Nice to see that you are all concerned for the safety of your comrades...

I say to the caged goblins, before I move to a good position to shoot at some more goblins.

If the remaining goblins have closed to melee with the dwarf and Thomas, I'll start shooting the unconscious ones on the ground...

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

(ooc: can I hear the gem talking to Lorren?)
Listen: [roll2]

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 10:02 AM
Lorren

Not good: it knows my name. That means it has access to my thoughts... she thinks creasing her forehead as the thought, as disconcerting as it is penetrates her conscious, her hand to rub at her temples, the thought of battle almost completely forgotten.

Larren stepped back further from the battle to think back to the thing, knowing that it knew her suspicion of it After the goblins are done, we are headed to take back something that a nearby group of bandits have taken... after a rest. These goblins are taking A LOT more out of us then I think we anticipated.

Getting a feeling that this gem may need her help and that she should protect it, she shakes her head. If what it has said is true, then of course she would want to help it... but her suspicion of the thing is just so strong.

For the meantime, she would keep it with her until she could figure out if it were friend of foe, but she could not help think What are you?

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 10:11 AM
(ooc: can I hear the gem talking to Lorren?)
Listen: [roll2][/QUOTE]

You don't hear it, it's telepathic.

And i'll assume that you're doing regular attacks, as described here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#helplessDefenders) which means that they have...7 AC.

Your arrow misses.

All the other goblins that are still alive...which isn't very many...turn and run towards the river and dive in, swimming away.

You may all make one more attack of oppertunity...as they are running and leaving threatened squares and stuff, if you like...or you could just let the helpless goblins run like hell. Your choice really.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-06, 10:18 AM
Okay ladies and gents!

I'd like to walk over to the unconcious goblins (thank you Lorren) and start shooting them all in the head.

If they only have 7 AC then I hit them all automatically, due to point blank shot feat and my amazing +6 bonus to hit.

And that's Critical Hits..so...a minimum of 6 damage per shot.

((min of 1 on d8)+(1 due to point blank shot))x3

So...do they all have less than 7 hit points?

Well, anyway, I go over to the first one and shoot it somewhere vital.

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 10:23 AM
Yup, they all have less than 6 HP. The one you shoot dies quickly and painlessly. Coup de Grace attacks ftw!

The Gem

Now then Lorren, i'm not going to tell you what I am. You know what I am, you are a smart girl.

I'm a small red gem that is in your pocket. You know that. Now, stop with the stupid questions.

These goblins weren't hard to beat, it didn't take you long to destroy all of their fighting forces. Hell, their own chief died in one hit.

Now, these bandits would be a little harder...they have a magical being helping one of them to learn magic, right? You know that too. What a wonderful collection of memories you have.

Yes, I know everything about you.

You will do as you are told. This is what I want you and your little group to do.

I want you to go to this bandit camp, and kill the magical thing.

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 10:42 AM
Lorren

Lorren feels a pressure on her mind, and she turns to the others.

In the back of her mind, she notes a new member among them, and sees him systematically kill all of the unconscious goblins, which would normally cause her to flinch, but she has the overwhelming need to go after the bandits. She could not make her self protest, or try to stop the wholesale slaughter and it pained her.

But there were more important things that needed to be done.

She would need the rest of the group to help her succeed, so it would be important to take them with her.

"Search them. I think with the destruction of their leader they will be easily handled from here, unless we come across that 'thing' that was supposed to be controlling the chief. We will have to be cautious against that. I think we should quickly make our way through this place, cautiously, of course, to see what we can find and gather all of it. Venn, was it? Do you have means to detect magic? We'll want to see if anything is magical to take with us as well as anything valuable. After that and some rest, it will be time to take on the bandits. I would like to hear suggestions from you as to the best course of action to take from here."

Lorren knew that their suggestions would be best suited to aid her in her ultimate goal. She would see it through.

A small portion of her brain recoiled at the thought of killing, and surged forward... but then is quickly forced back toa mear buzz in the back of her mind. She would see this thing through!

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 10:58 AM
Okay...that encounter was pretty hard. But due to high damage and annoyingly invincible dwarves, it was easy.

So...I'll give you all 400xp for that...

Is that a fair amount?

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 11:01 AM
Venn

A little birdie lands at the feet of the person who is now shooting the goblins to make sure they stay down. As goblins get put down the bird begins to talk. "There will be more goblins here soon. There is safety in numbers if you wish to come with the group. There appears to be something more sinister at work." Nigel then flies back onto his comfortable spot on Venn's shoulder.

At the same time Venn allows his crossbow to drop down on his side hanging by its strap. He goes to pick up his dagger, which shouldn't be that hard to find considering it's shining. Looking over the goblin bodies he is hit by a troublesome thought.

"We have killed the goblin chief, but how do we know we killed the real base of power. There was a vile priest in the cemetery. How do we know there isn't another more powerful one here?"

Hearing Lorren's suggestion, Venn casts detect magic and looks over the goblins trying to find something interesting. A bit later, he responds to her.

"Well we're in a conundrum here. Any way we go we will be gambling with our lives. We could continue searching this area to try and make sure we've suitably taken out the goblins, only to risk being abducted by magic again. On the other hand whatever did that to us could still be in here and we'd be showing our backs to them. Goblins seem to enjoy putting daggers there."

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 11:19 AM
Lorren

Feeling an urge, all of a suddon, to be more causious about the bandits, she replies to Venn.

"The 'thing', what ever it was, may have expanded most of its energy in transporting us here. If it had not, I would think that it would have helped the goblins just now."

"Since the goblins are fleeing and we have them on the run, we should take advantage of that now rather then give them a chance to recooperate their losses and prepare for our return. Besides, as you say, I would not want to leave them behind us."

Seeing Venn about to cast detect magic, she tries to stop him.

"Venn, not yet! Let us wait until we gather everything together from this layer so that you can look at it all at once!"

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 11:21 AM
Your detect magic spell detects the following:

The Chief has some magic on him.

KatanaBlade's character has some magic.

There is also some ambient magic in the walls, hinting at powerful spells that once happened here not too long ago.

There is also some different spells hanging around Lorren, which are so strong that you can detect them even when looking away from her. You can make spellcraft checks to detemine what types of spell they are if you wish.

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 11:26 AM
Walls [roll0]
Chief [roll1]
Katana[roll2]
Lorren [roll3]

KatanaBlade
2007-12-06, 11:27 AM
When i've finished killing all the goblins, I want to loot the corpse of the chief and go and talk to Lorren please.

Thank you :smallbiggrin:

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 11:34 AM
Venn

The walls have the remains of a powerful enchantment spell on them.

The chief has a magical item with a transmuation spell on it and an item with a conjuration spell on it.

KatanaBlade's character has a weak necromantic spell on her.

You can't tell what Lorren's are, she has more than one. You know that much.
You can spend another round on it...roll again if you want to.

KatanaBlade

You unhook an amulet from around his neck, and find 30gp in a pocket. Apart from that, there is a large cleaver type weapon and a bag which when you open it, appears to be much larger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 11:44 AM
Lorren

Her eyes narrow as the new comer starts to strip the chief.

"Friend, I thank you for your aid" she says as she walks up to him, her insides coupling a little at the idea of the wholesale slaughter he had just finished in, but that is quickly suppressed, "but if you think we will allow you to keep that booty for yourself, then you are mildly mistaken. If you are to join us, then you can have a share, just as the rest of us have. If you are not, then I thank you once more for your aid, bid you farewell, and please feel free to take that gold as compensation."

The butterflies around her form a nimbus around her, once more the crown of butterflies appears on her head, and glows, adding a look of majesty about her.

We may need some of those things if we are to succeed against the bandits. Besides, the gems recomendations to grow more capable is just smart. she thinks to her self as she faces the murdering elf with the bow.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-06, 11:48 AM
[I'm an elven woman by the way. You may have been mistaken by the armour that I wear, which makes me look male, also, I have short hair, only going down to my shoulders. e.g. as long as vamp's avatar's]

I look up at Lorren.

Yes, I wish to join you. Forgive me, I just wanted to see if this chief had anything of value.

I give Lorren the amulet and the bag, as well as half the gold (15 gp)

There, is that fair? I am Maranwë. Pleasure to meet you.

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 11:55 AM
Noticing the necromantic aura around the newcomer, Venn grows slightly more suspicious. It is likely that a necromancer is exactly the thing that the group is hunting. He whispers over to Nigel, "I smell a necromancer. Keep an eye on that new one."

Venn then makes it known what he knows, as the group would likely be wanting to find out. The fact that Lorren has an aura does not disturb him very much, as this could merely be a side effect of being a sorcerer (natural 1s. yay.).

"The chief had two items. One of them is a transmuted item and the other of the conjuring school. Moreover, the walls have a spell cast upon the rock, or at the very least they used to. There's also the taint of necromancy about that if anyone knows anything about, I would like explained."

Venn then casually looks at the archer that fought the goblins with them.

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 12:01 PM
Lorren

Lorren's eyes seem to glaze over for a second and she shivers.

The small suppressed portion of her mind that normally dominated it was paralyzed with shock! It tried once more to fight the compulsions on Lorren's mind, but failed once more. The mere knowledge of what the gem was doing to her, it's plans form them, the goblins, the town, everything, was not enough for it to break free!

It was soon suppressed once more, and Lorren concentrated on what she was about, focusing on the elven... woman! It was unmistakably female, though of course she did not know many elves, so perhaps males spoke as femininely, though she doubted it.

Lorren smiled at the elven woman. "Welcome then. That is more then fair, and we could always use more help, Maranwë. I am Lorren, and these others are my companions. Venn is our resident mage. He is the one with the bird that you have met already. The large dwarf is known to us as... the dwarf. For whatever reason, he has kept his name to himself. The man with the halberd is Thomas; that is Xial, Hamish is in the other room behind us with our goblin prisoners, and the one with the dragon-like-thing is Jeresal. The dragon-like-thing is called Buster, I believe. Welcome to our group." Lorren extended her hand to the elven woman with a warm smile.

Murderer or not, if she would help them to reach their objective, then she was welcome.

Hearing about the necromatic aura, Lorren looked questioningly at the new comer.

"Do you have an explination?"

KatanaBlade
2007-12-06, 12:07 PM
I shake Lorren's hand.

I know nothing about the ways of magic, but if Venn can sense it, then it must be there. I'd say that it is from the Goblin Priest that brought me here. I was going to be sacrificed, but then he heard that you were here and went off. I escaped and came to help you guys fight.
The goblin priest was casting many things on me, with this other thing, which the priest called 'The Thing' or 'Thing'. This 'Thing' was a tall humanoid shape of shadow...scared the hell out of me.

I greet everyone else and say hi.

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 12:15 PM
Some of you don't read the OOC Chat thingy.

So here's a summary of the most recent stuff:

You're all level 2. Congratulations. Update you sheets and poke me with them if you haven't already.

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 03:48 PM
Come on. Lets get moving. You can loot and kill the rest of the goblins in the cave if you like. There is a magical item at the altar, one that i think that a certain member of the party will use.

For now, give the amulet to the paladin, it is an amulet of natural armour, it will improve his capability to fight. The other item is a bag of holding, give it to someone who has a lot of stuff. Or keep it yourself to hold the group's collective treasure until such a time that you sell it or whatever.

Now! MOVE! says the thing to Lorren. All telepathic, of course.

A Goblin wearing long black robes of a high quality rounds the corner.

YOU HAVE KILLED MY TRIBE! NOW FEEL THE WRATH OF MY GOD! he shouts in your general direction.

Ten zombies round the corner, made from human corpses. They don't look very new.

Lorren, kill them, including that priest.

Mithreander
2007-12-06, 03:56 PM
Lorren

Lorren looked past Maranwë's shoulder at the goblin that had just shouted and add my shouts to the noise.

"Looks like we've napped for too long. Seems we have found the one that had been working on our new friend."

Black and white butterflies start to seperate from the rest of the hovering mass and collect around her closed fists.

"Let's see this done!"

She motions for the others to take up arms and readies herself as best she can.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-06, 04:32 PM
OOC - Rapid Shot feat ftw.

I shoot twice at the goblin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 05:00 PM
One of your shots hit, flying into his shoulder and knocking him back a step or two.

"ARRG!!" he shouts. "YOU SHOT ME!!"

He raises his hand and a blur shoots forth from his hand, making the very air vibrate as it passes.

It strikes Manarwe in the chest, forcing her backwards and stunning her.

She also takes [roll0] damage.

EDIT: I took -2 away from your rolls to hit, cos you were using rapid fire which has a -2 penalty for firing twice.

Kaisshau
2007-12-06, 06:21 PM
Grabbing a throwing axe from his belt, Gromtul throws it at the cleric that the elf shot.
Initiative: [roll2]

After the axe has left his hand, he's going to draw his waraxe and wait for the zombies to come to him.

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 06:32 PM
Your axe his him and glances off the side of his arm, not causing much damage but still hurting him a bit.

MCerberus
2007-12-06, 07:06 PM
Venn

Seizing on the idea to kill the living goblin leader, Venn says some magic words and fires a freezing bolt out of his eyes. Realizing that was his last offensive spell for the day, he takes out his crossbow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 08:21 PM
Your bolt of frost hits him in the chest, forcing him off his feet and smashing him onto the floor.

He dies.

His zombies collapse to the floor and stop moving. It's all slightly anti-climatic.

OOC - Aww...come on! Stop killing all the bosses so easily...I know it's partially my fault for rolling bad hit points...but meh...

Kaisshau
2007-12-06, 08:49 PM
"Well, tha' was easy," Gromtul says, sheathing his axe. "Wha' 're we gonna do wit' tha ones in tha cage?"

vampire2948
2007-12-06, 09:04 PM
If you look back into the room with the cages, you see that the one with the goblins in has sunk out of sight. Whoops.

They were too scared to call for help, it seems.

Randel
2007-12-06, 11:32 PM
Jesaral

When all the goblin priest is slain, Jesaral heads for him and checks him for loot. Then she checks the zombies, first seeing if they have any items on them, then looking at their eyes have their onyx gems still inside... they gems would likely be burned out shells but they might be useful as spell components or something.

Then she searches the rest of the goblins, mainly grabbing their weapons if they don't show obvious signs of carrying coin pouches.

"Judging from the arrows I saw the town guards using they might be interested in getting some new weapons, maybe even goblin weapons. If these goblins had very much on them they probably had them in their sleeping quarters."

Buster meanwhile sniffs around at the air and then starts to munch on one of the still warm goblin corpses.

vampire2948
2007-12-07, 02:26 AM
When you examine the zombies the gems in their eyes crumble into worthless dust that sits their in their eye sockets. They don't have anything else of value.

From the goblin cleric you find his unholy symbol, three scrolls, a mace that looks very ornate and a wrist band with gems in it, blue and red ones.

From the other goblins you get twelve longswords, three daggers, six light maces and one greatclub. Also, you find twelve gp in mostly silver coins and two potions in leather flasks, their tops tightly sealed with corks and wax.

kpenguin
2007-12-07, 02:29 AM
Thomas

Tom stands back and watches his companions get their loot. He leans on his halberd, resting a little. Why take some petty treasures? Nothing here seems to be useful to him beyond material wealth.

Kaisshau
2007-12-07, 02:52 AM
Gromtul looks around while he retrieves his thrown axe. "Where to from 'ere? We've proba'ly got a free run o' tha place no' tha' we killed tha chief."

Mithreander
2007-12-07, 09:55 AM
Lorren

Lorren nodded to the dwarfs sentiments.

"Let's get through this cavern and get this done. I need rest, as I'm sure most of us do. With the last 'high roller' out of the way, it should be a cake walk for the rest of this cavern."

With that being said, she waves away the back and white butterflies that had been hovering around each of her hands absently before continuing.

She glanced at the zombies as she passed them.

"Strange: I would have thought they would have survived the clerics death. "Once created, all shall remain until destroyed." I remember a book I had read and it had mentioned skeletons of some such guarding a tomb long after any of the other people that knew of them had died. Perhaps it was fiction, but it had sounded true..."

She shrugged and continued walking in the direction of the chief’s quarters. Between those and the clerics quarters, anything of true worth left in this place should be able to be found.

vampire2948
2007-12-07, 10:45 AM
OoC - You all get 225xp from the goblin and zombie killing. Kindly calculated by Mith! Thanks Mith.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-07, 10:47 AM
The elf stands up to her full height (5' 10") and looks at Lorren.

Can you speak Sylvan, Lorren? she asks, in Sylvan of course.

Mithreander
2007-12-07, 10:55 AM
Lorren

Lorren looks over and up to the very tall elven female.

"Why, yes I can! It's the language that my friends" Lorren motions to the hovering butterflies, a lot of whom had begun to take their places on the cloak once more, "Perfer that language. Why do you ask?"

Lorren had answered in common. She disliked it when people kept her out of conversations by speaking in different languages, so would not do that to the others.

Ahus
2007-12-07, 11:47 AM
Hamish

Thomas, why are you just standing there... Come on help us carry all this stuff. The last thing Kettrow needs is some other band of evil monsters stumbling in here and finding a ready made keep complete with arms and such.

I notice the pile of three scrolls on the cleric's body.
Well what have we here...

I'm firing up some of that wonderful read magic.

vampire2948
2007-12-07, 12:16 PM
You feel a strange sensation, like a series of lights being switched on in your brain.

One scroll is a scroll of cure light wounds.

The second is a scroll of cure minor wounds.

The third is a scroll of message.

MCerberus
2007-12-07, 12:51 PM
Venn

While looking over the group of dead goblins Venn stumbles across the two potions sealed inside the leather pouch. He could attempt to find something about them, but this is hardly the time or the place for it. The wizard makes a note of Maranwe speaking Sylvan before helping to collect the weapons. When the question of what to do next is posed, Venn thinks on it for a bit before responding.

"Well we've just killed the goblin priest controlling the undead, as well as the goblin chief. I'd be very surprised if any goblin would even try to oppose us if we leave, and even more so if they returned to the town to rob graves."

Not sparing the group his insights, Nigel pipes in, "We should find somewhere to rest. Swinging a blade can be tiring and many are running low on spells."

OOC - also if anyone has an appraise above +6 they can handle finding a value on the gems/mace. Otherwise I will. I'd also like to wait until tomorrow to identify the potions via spellcraft, as I'll be getting another +3 to the skill.

Ahus
2007-12-07, 12:57 PM
Hamish

Does any one else think that they can get the magic in these to be released.

This scroll allows one to whisper to someone else from across a room or further it was the first spell I ever cast. A lot of wizards learn it early in their careers at magic schools trying to cheat on tests and such.
It's called Message. I can cast this spell in my sleep but if no one else wants the scroll I'll take it I guess.

These two are scrolls of healing magic. One is a little more powerful than the other but most arcane types have problems with this type of spell. I definitely think that we should distribute these to two different people so if the one with the healing scrolls gets incapacitated we have someone else who can still cast some healing. I'm about 50/50 whether or not I can get these to work but I've been practicing... Any body else want the other one.

Ya' know If we take all this back to town then maybe we can get a proper wand of healing...

Not being a divine caster the names of some of their spells escape me sometimes.

Mithreander
2007-12-07, 03:23 PM
Lorren

Lorren shook her head. She was unconfortable with magic, and understood not at all what the others were talking about when talking about spells and such.

"I would not be able to use such a thing. It would do me, nor the group any good for me to have one."

Addressing the concern about rest, she shook her head.

"I do not htink we should rest yet. Granted, we are all tired, but while we have these goblins disorginized I would like to finish what we were about. Anyway, at this point, I would think that the goblins will probably abandon this layer for another. When they do, I would rather they could not take anything that would aid them in rebuilding for war. We can help in that matter at the least. Plus, we may find something that will aid us against the bandits: they will not be the push-over that these goblins have been."

Lorren is still heading towards the Cheif's appartments to seearch them, and then to the place the clerics stayed.

Randel
2007-12-07, 07:56 PM
Jesaral

"I agree wholeheartedly with that idea. Let's search the place, grab everything that's not nailed down, on fire, or actively trying to kill us and head back to town. Though we might need to find a way to carry everything..." She looks a bit worried at all the weapons they got, it would be a shame to leave them here every little bit adds up. "I suppose we could give these goblins a burial if need be... or honorably lay them at rest in that mud stuff (may have to check out what that is later) I'm pretty good at appraising valuables so we can check this stuff when we get to town."

Thinking about it, she has the strangest urge to claim this place for herself and get some goblin slaves to mine for ore... though she should wait until she gets a better look at the real estate.

She shoos Buster away from eating the goblin corpses and gets ready to follow Lorren to the other areas in the cave. Or dump the corpses in the mud if the others decide to do that first.

OOC: With her +3 int and 5 ranks appraise she has a +8 in it, with some tools she should get a good idea on the value of their loot.

vampire2948
2007-12-08, 07:54 AM
Lorren walks through the damp corridors towards the chief's rooms. As she walks, she notices damp hangings and cloths covering door ways, noises coming from within. Noises of crying, and sadness.

Random objects litter the hallway, from odd pieces of food to small weapons. One doorway that you passed looked like an armoury, with some bright blades and suits of leather armour stacked untidily on shelves.

After a short walk, you reach a small hemisphericular hut, adorned with paint of many colours, decoration, you think. It is made from wood and hide, sewn, glued and nailed together without skill. A crude wooden sign is at the door way, it says:

"Da Chiefz Hut" in common, and then again underneath it in goblin. It seems that blood was used instead of ink.

There are no sounds coming from the inside, and the hangings look like they have been torn apart.

What will you do?

Mithreander
2007-12-08, 04:58 PM
Lorren

Lorren looks to see who had followed her. She hopes that more the Jesaral had... but she was not holding out for them if that was all that did.

Any surprises that I should expect? Remember, I can not help you if I am dead. she thinks to the entity that seemed to share her thoughts now.

If the answer is a negative that there was somthing she should be careful of, then she will go in.

vampire2948
2007-12-08, 06:27 PM
There is nothing that will be a problem for you.

Randel
2007-12-08, 08:48 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral turns to Hamish and looks at the scrolls, "I should be able to use these, I have a bit of a knack for using magic items, though not quite as well as someone who casts them normally."

Checking the bag of holding, she smiles, surprised to see something tis useful around. "This is great! With this we can carry just about all the loot we can find here."

She puts all the weapons and unidentified treasure in the bag of holding and follows Lorren, stopping to pick up any abandoned items that look valuable along the way.

Hearing the sounds of crying behind the hangings, she blinks at this but shrugs and moves to Lorrens side. Whoever was crying was unlikely to be a threat to her and it was more important to see about getting whatever kinds of stash the chief had on hand.

She does however listen to see who this noisemaker might be.

Listen Check:[roll0]

Kaisshau
2007-12-08, 08:52 PM
Walking with the others, Gromtul ignores the crying, but breaks off from the group when they find the armoury, looking around to see if there's anything that would catch his eye.

(OOC: Do you want me to do a search or a spot check?)

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 04:28 AM
Search Check please Kaisshau.

Lorren, i'm waiting for your decision. The gem's answer wasn't exactly negative...

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 04:44 AM
Search Check please Kaisshau.

Lorren, i'm waiting for your decision. The gem's answer wasn't exactly negative...

KatanaBlade
2007-12-09, 05:19 AM
I went with Lorren, and I burst into the chief's quaters with my katana drawn.

What do I see?

Kaisshau
2007-12-09, 06:42 AM
Search Check: [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 08:55 AM
Gromtul, the place is chock full of weapons and armour. There are roughly 20 suits of leather armour, one suit of chain mail armour (rusty and badly cared for) and about 30 assorted weapons ranging from small daggers to large clubs and axes.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 09:06 AM
katanablade, as you go in, a horrible smell assails you, torn and broken objects lay around the room.

There are cusions and good quality objects arranged in a pile around one of the piles of cusions, must have been where the chief slept.

Also in the room are two goblins, both small and probably children. One of them looks fearful, it's wide eyes brimming with tears. The other is standing infront of it, brandishing a stick defencively.

The walls are covered in mould and damp, small pictures have been drawn on them in chalk, which is abundant in the cave. Pictures of goblins fighting, pictures of animals, pictures of fires, with happy goblins around them, pictures of big goblins sitting with smaller goblins. They all look very crudely done, obviously the work of a small child.

The child waves his stick at you, the other one tries to crawl beneath a ragged sheet of cloth.

Mithreander
2007-12-09, 09:09 AM
Lorren

Lorren follows Jesaral in to the room, her eyes sharp though untrained in what to look for, her awarness slightly applified by the presense of her butterflies who may also allert her to anything unussual.

Mithreander
2007-12-09, 09:28 AM
Lorren

Seeing the pictures and the children, she shook her head.

It was a picture of common family life that you would not expect from a band of grave robbing, zombie creating maniacs.

But she was here to get more powerful, not to reminence on her past sins.

"Let me talk to the kids... hopefully they understand me."

She notes the stick in one of the kids hands and smiles at it, her butterflies on the cloak turning a deep blue.

"We have not come here to hurt you. I have come to help you. Will you let me help you... please?" Lorren feels tears come to her eyes at the though of these childrens lives: the ones that they had just lost and the one that they would probably live in the near future.

"Let me help you." She kneels down and opens her arms in invitation to come closer to her.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 11:06 AM
Though they cannot understand your words, they look up, and are amazed at the butterflies swirling around the room.

The one with the stick drops it, and the one under the blanket pops it's head out, to watch.

Kill them both. says the gem. They are goblins, they deserve death. Kill them now!!!

KatanaBlade
2007-12-09, 11:10 AM
I look at Lorren,

Lorren? what should I do with these? we can't take them with us, and they'll die if we leave them here, probably. Killing them is an option...we could take them to the town, but they'd be killed, or have a life of constant abuse.

What do you think?

I lower my Katana and chew some rations from my pack. Must be nearly lunch time.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 01:17 PM
When you start chewing whatever you're chewing, the goblin children look up, watching you eat. They look starved, for some reason.

Randel
2007-12-09, 01:41 PM
Jesaral

Looking at the little goblin children, Jesaral frowns. She knows that children of any race tend to be troublemakers (and inwardly cringes at some of her own younger exploits) and goblin children would be even more mischievous than others.

But... dangit... the little tykes are kind of cute in a scaly sort of misshapen way. A younglings main line of defense... but these things were children of the chief and odds are they would have just enough honor or spite in them to later take revenge on the people who killed their dad and took all their stuff. Keeping them around as slaves would be an accident waiting to happen.

"They are cute... but they are also likely the children of the chief, I doubt we can give them a nice life and they would face prejudice wherever we could take them."

Looking at Lorren, and then back to the little goblins watching the butterflies she gets an idea.

"Actually, maybe we can save them... the other goblins probably fled by heading out the river. These little tykes most likely know about their clans escape route and if we take them there hay could rejoin the clan. Not the best life, being a goblin, but probably better than being dragged around through human towns. I should take them alone... would be bad for their rep to be seen with too many of us."

That would never happen, she though. They will be sleeping with the fishes soon enough... intact or with stab marks as soon as they reach the river.

Bluff:[roll0]

KatanaBlade
2007-12-09, 02:03 PM
Well then, I guess it falls to me to make the tough decision.

I drop my Katana and grab them both, one in each hand, my hands around their neck.

[roll0]

grapple checks

[roll1]

I then strange them. I'm not sure what I need to roll for this...so can you roll it for me please vampire?

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 02:07 PM
You grab one but the other crawls away under the blanket, it is too nimble for you to reach it.

The one you grab (the one which held the stick earlier) screams. But you snap it's neck easily and it stops.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-09, 02:10 PM
I lay the one that I killed on the floor and dive on top of the blanket, to crush the other goblin with my weight.

Again, I have no idea what I need to roll. Please roll this for me.

I'd imagine that Lorren / Jeresal might be trying to stop me at this point. But i'll do it anyway, whatever they say.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 02:12 PM
You hear a snap, and a red stain quickly appears and spreads across the scratchy cloth.

Two goblins down, none to go.

Well done, you've killed two cute, defenceless orphaned goblin children! Where's that paladin gone...

Also:

I've been asked to NPC Xial for a bit. At the moment, he's following Thomas around helping with whatever he is doing.

Katana, you permanantly get an alignment change to Evil. What you did was not NC, it was more...EC...

Enjoy your new alignment. Don't kill too much stuff.

I look forwards to seeing what the party will do to Katana's character now...

Ahus
2007-12-09, 02:50 PM
Hamish

I follow the group into the chief's quarters and search the room for any hidden rooms.
Search:[roll0]

It's probably best, they would have come after us when they grew up. I don't however appreciate you taking matters into your own hands. But, for now what's done is done.

I go back to searching...

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 02:54 PM
You find nothing of value / intrest. I'll take the "I continue to search" as you taking 20, giving you 29 overall result.

You still find nothing. Except some bleeding bodies of small goblins and lots of old, scratchy blankets.

Randel
2007-12-09, 02:54 PM
Jesaral

(OOC: See, this is why you start out as chaotic evil and then work your way from there. Though I'm starting to worry that I'll soon get an alignment change to neutral if I don't start being more proactive.)

As the stranger they just met leaps forward and kills the goblins eyeballing her food, Jesaral blinks in surprise but doesn't lift a finger to stop her. "Well... that takes care of that problem... sort of." She says, looking at the dead goblin children.

Then she moves back a little, giving Buster room to enter the room if need be. "Um, listen stranger, its not that I find anything wrong with what you just did... but could you have at least given us a little warning before you strangle small creatures, or at least don't do it so openly?"

Note to self... don't give the elf reason to hate you... or be alone with it.

Jesaral looks at Lorrens reaction but takes a quick look around the room, checking to see if anything is of value.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 02:58 PM
There is NOTHING of value in there. Unless you find someone who likes dead goblins.

Randel
2007-12-09, 03:10 PM
Jesaral

Buster sniffs the air and looks at the tiny, bite-sized, tender, juicy, mouth-watering delicious smelling goblin child corpses. He starts to move towards them, mouth open.

"Uh, Buster... lets go check to see how that dwarf is doing." She leads Buster away from the dead goblins and checks to see how the dwarf is doing. Ready to use her bag of holding to help him carry any loot they find.

Kaisshau
2007-12-09, 08:19 PM
Gromtul continues searching until Jeseral arrives, (OOC: Take 20) Then when she gets there, helps her appraise the items, and if they can't all fit in the bag of holding, puts the most valuable ones in the bag, and carries what he can.
Appraise: [roll0]
And if it has to do with an item valued by weight, I've got merchant's scales for another +2.

Mithreander
2007-12-09, 08:21 PM
Lorren

Lorren's jaw almost drops as the new comer starts to strangle the one and then, snapping it's neck procedes to kill the other one.

"Get him! she says in Sylvan to her butterflies, motioning with her hands to the elven character.

A couple hundred white and black butterflies fly from the gtoup that surounded her and streaked to surround the elf.

She then yells at the top of her lungs "The new comer is killing the children!"

MCerberus
2007-12-09, 09:02 PM
Venn

Venn decides that since the group isn't doing anything particularly dangerous it would be a good time to take a closer look at the potions they found. He mindlessly follows the group as they head down the cave to the chief's hut using his dagger light to get a better look at the vials. If anyone was paying attention they would notice Nigel and him having a short conversation about the liquid's apparent viscosity, color, and other properties.

As he walks into the chief's room he puts the vials away and says clearly, "I found a couple of..." and then hears the sickening crunch of snapping vertebrae followed by the others' reactions.

Venn really couldn't wrap his mind around their murders. Sure they might have been spawned with hatred towards all other races, but they were just children. They might have been treacherous and sneaky... but so are all children... they were just children. Not being able to do much Venn just stands there dumbstruck as the blood puddle grows.

Randel
2007-12-09, 09:22 PM
Jesaral

Having scooted out of the room to prevent Buster from made an even bigger mess than was already there, she helps the dwarf with the weapons until she heard the scream.

"Uh oh..." she says and carefully sets the things down before she heads back towards the chiefs hut. Keeping Buster calm.

Turning to the dwarf she says sheepishly. "Um, listen... that elf lady we just met, she just killed some goblin kids... wasn't quite sure what to do so I kind of ducked out... I guess Lorren isn't taking it well." her face is a bit red, not sure if anyone was going to blame her for leaving the scene.

She heads back, trying to keep things from getting bloody. Namely keeping the newcomer from hurting Lorren... the butterfly lady might be a bit odd, but she was fun to be around.

Kaisshau
2007-12-09, 09:50 PM
Dropping whatever Gromtul was working on, after he heard the scream and Jesaral's hasty explanation, he rushes to the chief's hut with Jesaral and puts himself between the elf-lady and Lorren.

kpenguin
2007-12-09, 11:51 PM
Thomas

Hearing the sound of snapping necks and Lorren's scream, Tom follows Gromtul, hefting his halberd.

He prays to Pelor his assumptions aren't true.

vampire2948
2007-12-10, 02:26 AM
hehe, this is getting fun! chuckles the Gem. Like one of those 'soap opera's' back on my home plane.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 02:35 AM
Now, Lorren. I only did what had to be done. Get your annoying butterflies off of me! I shout.

I pick up my Katana and walk out of the room, butterflies shouldn't pose much of a resistance.

I'm sorry that you feel this way Lorren, I thought you would see the wisdom in what I did. Ah well...

I'd imagine that the rest of your posse would be here soon. That paladin might not like this, eh?

Yeah...so...would you mind getting these things off me? They are quite annoying.

Once out of the room I wish to look around for people.

Spot Check
1d20+5

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 02:44 AM
Whoopsie

[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-10, 02:46 AM
You see Gromtul, Venn, Jeresal and Thomas all rushing toward you. You're in a sticky situation, and i'm not talking about the blood.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 02:48 AM
okay :D

I wish to move silently and hide on one side of the cave, if they haven't seen me.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-10, 02:49 AM
You fail to hide. They were all looking at you, you know.

Kaisshau
2007-12-10, 05:11 AM
After hearing the elf shout at Lorren, making it obvious that Lorren was attacking her, Gromtul isn't going to give the elf time enough to speak.
"You!" He yells, charging at the elf and attempting to subdue her, but if necessary, ready to kill.

Grapple check: [roll0]
Make that 22.

Ahus
2007-12-10, 08:08 AM
Hamish

I follow the elf chick out of the chief's hut, only to see the rest of the team beginning the assault.

OK, OK, OK, Everyone just relax, I'm sure he err, she (sorry I can never tell with elves) has a very good reason to have killed those goblin kids. I'm sure we can work this all out without any more bloodshed. I frankly don't care one way or the other, though it would have been nice to try to get some information from them before you executed them. Would it have killed you to say "Hey, anyone speak goblin we got two younglings here?" Maybe but probably not... Regardless.

After my rant I move off to check out the cleric's hut.
As I'm walking away...
Whatever! it not like they were celestial beings they were goblins.
In a completely ambivalent tone.

(ooc: call it 20 in the cleric's tent when I get there if you would vamp)

kpenguin
2007-12-10, 10:09 AM
Thomas

PEEEEELOOOOR!

Tom can't hear Hamish's words over the storm of rage in his heart. Thomas charges the elf woman with his halberd, channeling his faith into his weapon.

OOC: Okay, I'm smiting evil, charging, and doing a full power attack. So that's...

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

kpenguin
2007-12-10, 10:13 AM
Whoops, not 1d20+9, but 1d10+9. Hehe...

[roll0]

Mithreander
2007-12-10, 10:35 AM
Lorren

Lorren narrows her eyes as the elven woman tries to walk past and says, in Sylvan as she does so, "Could you please help her to sleep, my friends, she looks very stressed." and extends a hand, that are now covered with a bluish gray butterfly which she attempts to rub against the elf as she passes.

Touch of Fatigue, touch attack: [roll0] This really is a waste, since though it appears Lorren hit, it would wear off right after the dwarf tackled the new comer elf.

She then sees the dwarf tackle the elf, and Thomas running up to impale him with the halberd.

"No! You may hit the dwarf!" she yells at Thomas.

vampire2948
2007-12-10, 10:54 AM
Wow...well...this could be fun.

You realise, Thomas, that you're killing someone for killing evil creatures? meh...your choice.

katana, roll initiative and stuff.

Kaisshau
2007-12-10, 10:57 AM
Oh yeah, I should roll initiative.
[roll0]

Mithreander
2007-12-10, 10:58 AM
Lorren

Seeing the surprise on the elven woman's face was surprisingly satisfying as the butterflies that were getting her start to prevent some of her breathing.

Damage from butterflies for the first round: [roll0] Non-lethal damage do to suffication and contact poison.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 11:00 AM
If Thomas doesn't stop when Lorren asks him to, then I:
Initiative : [roll0]
Steady my Katana to meet Thomas' charge. [You get -2 AC]

[roll1]
[roll2]

If he does stop:

I set my weapons down on the floor and sit down, cross legged.

I surrender.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 11:31 AM
I beat the dwarf with the blunt end of my weapon to try to get him to let go.

GET OFF! I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT! she shouts.

[roll0]

[roll1] non-leathal.

Ahus
2007-12-10, 11:33 AM
Hamish
I hear the commotion and yells attacks and such...

Muttering to myself exploring the cave.
Nobody ever listens to me why doesn't any one ever listen to me, unless I magically compel them. for crying out loud am I that daft that no one cares what I think. Do I come off as that stupid, really people could at least once in a while heed my advice. Just once It's not like I'm a schizophrenic who constantly walks around talking to themselves... Oh Right... Well I don't do it that often and I was right he probably had good reason to kill the younglings and If they kill him they kill him but honestly what is the point. Its hardly worth the effort. Nobody is gonna care if he's gone, there will be no party, there will mourning. Any one whom would care has probably given up on him by now. Actually if they kill each other they maybe I get credit for the entire thing, but then I'll not be able to do much else with the bandits or anything else notable but with them I could become a hero. Meh, Either Way

Kaisshau
2007-12-10, 11:44 AM
Grunting and ignoring the elf's impotent struggles, Gromtul tries to hold her down.
"In me pack ther's som rope. Ge' me a length an' we'll keep this 'un out a trouble."
Grapple check for a pin: [roll0]
(You need to make an opposed grapple check, Katana (Str mod + Base attack bonus + d20) to resist the pin)

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 11:53 AM
Okay, here goes. *come on D20!!*

[roll0]

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 11:54 AM
Fort. Save against Lorren's Spell:

[roll0]

Randel
2007-12-11, 08:58 AM
Jesarel

"What the... WAIT STOP! SHOULDN'T THERE BE A TRIAL OR SOMETHING?!"

The halfling yells towards the others in the group. Buster stays close to her side, excited by the fighting but unsure of where he should be attacking.

"We're in the middle of a freaking goblin cave, possibly with some goblins and possibly with bandits, and possibly with some big freaky monster thing that can send us halfway to nowhere using its brain! THIS IS NO TIME TO START RANDOMLY KILLING EACHOTHER!"

She looks onwards at the others in the group, if they keep this up, then their little band of plunderers could split up or get killed by an ambush or something... how would she get all... that...gold...

Blinking, Jesaral calms down, looks at her magical bag of holding containing all the armor and weapons, magic potions, jewels and other stuff. She looks at the bigger people fighting eachother and not paying any attention to her, looks at the door being apparently wide open with nothing preventing her from leaving, looks at her really fast dinosaur mount that she's pretty sure the others can't outrun... looks at the camera.

"Wait a second..."

vampire2948
2007-12-11, 12:01 PM
OOC - lol @ Jeresal. Well done!

kpenguin
2007-12-11, 06:50 PM
Thomas

After the initial slash,Tom calms down a bit. He hefts his halberd above the elf woman's head.

Stay-still-right-now-or-else

KatanaBlade
2007-12-12, 02:28 AM
You don't seem very paladin-y. Aren't they normally the sort to ask first, beat the hell out of the poor elven ranger later?

I notice I am still trying to beat the dwarf off with my katana, and I drop it.

vampire2948
2007-12-12, 02:30 AM
Xial stands just behind Thomas, and to the right a couple of paces. He prepares to cast magic missile should Maranwe try anything.

Hamish reaches the temple, I will do a description later, I have to go to school. Just tell me what you are planning to do, and i'll put that in there too.

kpenguin
2007-12-12, 02:37 AM
Thomas

Tom's jaw clenches. His anger hasn't totally dissipated, as his face clearly shows, and he is no mood to talk to the elf.

Ahus
2007-12-12, 08:44 AM
Hamish

I'm in the temple looking for interesting bits O' magicalness, trying not to step on anything pointy, or that might trigger anything pointy to fall on/shoot at/otherwise interfere with my searching the area.

As a matter of note, before I walked away, I handed over the message and cure light scrolls to Jeseral, and kept the cure minor for myself I just forgot to say thusly...

Mithreander
2007-12-12, 09:36 AM
Lorren

Lorren calls off the butterflies (not having to extend the command through the link she shared) and walked to confront the elven woman.

"Did you even look around the room before you judged and carried out that execution? Were there not others there to aid in that decision? You killed two creatures without provication, the first with your bare hands in a strangling manner which clearly showed a lack of concern for the pain it would fell, and then, because the other tries to hide from you, you jump on it, smashing it until the blankets it was hiding under was soaked in the childs blood."

She turns to the others.

"This was a unprovoked attack on two innocent children in a manner that was both vicious and deliberate, done under no influence from others."

"As the law states, if one kills in any means other then self defense, or the defense of others, or in an attempt to protect other, or under the direct command from those in authority, that person shall be put to death. Any law that is broken and observed by 2 witnesses is justification for the law to be carried out. Jesaral and I witnessed this atrocity, so it is clear that the elf deserves the punishment set forth, death."

She then turns to look at Thomas and says "If you are a Paladin, then by your order and association of your god, you have been given the authority to carry out this judgment, but I implore you to consider that even the most vicious of people can turn around and repent if given an opportunity, and justice alone is never enough on its own. Without wisdom, love and power justice is for naught."

KatanaBlade
2007-12-12, 10:43 AM
So...you're going to kill me? How does that make you any better than me? You're killing me, a defenceless elf, a sentient, living creature. Are you killing me for food? No! What are you killing me for? To satisfy your unjust laws.

I killed those two goblins for a reason. You lot weren't going to come up with any better ideas. They are better off now.

I am sorry that for feel that way about my actions. But I did what I had to do, and that is acceptable in my culture. Does your law not include respect for other cultures and their ways?

Does the death sentence, capital punishment, even exist in your law system? I thought that it was removed in the past, because it wasn't just.

But hey, what do I know? Just go and cause more bloodshed.

Go on, do it.

Kaisshau
2007-12-12, 11:27 AM
"'Old on a minute, 'ere. Elf, shut up. No', some 'un is gonna tell me exa'tly wha' happen'd. Thare's no need ta be killin' this 'un fer killin' some goblins, na' matter their ages. How'ver, iff'n I get tha idea ya may be a threat ta me or any o' tha other's tha saved ya, then yer gonna mee' tha kids ya killed soon."

Turning to look at Thomas while still holding down the elf, Gromtul grabs one of his throwing axes from his belt and tosses it to the paladin. "'Ere ya go, Thomas. Maybe ya can use this ta carve yerself some sense in tha' thick skull o' your's. We're no' gonna kill tha' elf jus' fer killin' some goblins. If he, sorry, tha' elf, ain't a threat ta us, we can use the 'elp with tha bandits."

"Yer lucky yer gettin' a chance ta explain yerself, elf," Gromtul says, after dealing with Thomas. "Iff'n me father were here, he woulda kill'd ya on tha spot jus' fer bein' an elf. He's no' here though, so by tha right o' bein all o' yers' elder, I'm takin' charge o' this 'ere tribunal. We're gonna settle this wi'h Dwarven law than, so yeh all get a chance ta explain yer part. After ya all speak, iff'n I think yer a threat, ye get death, elf. If yer not, yu'll get released. Soun' fair? Too ba', tha's how i's gonna work."

Looking between Thomas and the elf, Gromtul says one last thing. "O', an iff'n I think yer lyin' ta me, tha other side get's thare way. So be 'onest."

Mithreander
2007-12-12, 02:49 PM
Lorren

She seems to recall something and corrects waht she had said.

"I seem to have just remmebered something. The law I stated was for the place i had grown up.

As I recall now, the law here states that 'ALL people who wittness the law broken MUST take the law-breaker to the nearest city with a wizard's guildhouse.

There, they must hand him in for a trail, giving evidence. They can stay for the trial of course.'"

She nods to Thomas, "Sorry, but we will have to wait."

She turns to the elf, "We are not that close to a city to take you too, nor are we complete with this task, so you may have a chance to prove yourself. Oh, and if murdering children is okay by elves, then I had gotten the wrong impression about them from my paw."

She turns to the rest of the group, "As long as Maranwe promises to stay with us and help, I suppose it may be wise to allow her her weapons so she can at least defend herself. Perhaps she will be given an opertunity to prove herself to us by her future actions: we sill see."

"Come, we have the rest of this place to clear out."

vampire2948
2007-12-12, 03:41 PM
Lorren, please roll a will save.

kpenguin
2007-12-12, 05:46 PM
Thomas

Tom catches the axe, stares at it a little and clears his throat.

Ahem. I may have acted a bit rashly here. My apologies. My temper is a bit... loose at times.

His face grows solemn.

I shall look to Pelor for judgement, but we should not execute her... yet. It would be hypocritical of me to suggest so.

Randel
2007-12-12, 08:39 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral looks at the others and sighs a little. What did they think this was... some kind of door-to-door justice serving service or something. They were here to kill goblins, destroy their command structure, grab all their weapons and treasure and otherwise screw them over so the tribe won't be in any position to inconvenience the town anymore. And fund their service by carting home all their valuables in nice little santa sacks (the fact that one of those santa sacks is an awesome magic item worth a load of gold by itself makes victory all the sweeter.)

This isn't guard duty, this isn't some kind of gentlemanly duel of honor... this is a war at best and violent burglary at worst. If they start making a big deal about not hurting little goblins... guess who the goblins are going to be putting on guard duty next time?

"Listen..." she says to the others, "I'm going to go check on that other big guy... make sure he doesn't get hurt by traps or monsters or something."

Jesaral heads toward the temple Hamish is in and performs a search, checking for traps or loot.

Search: [roll0] (if she has time, will take 10 or 20)

vampire2948
2007-12-13, 11:58 AM
The Temple of the Dark Goblin Deity

A hushed ambience flows through the area, as if the very walls radiate silence and domination of all who enter. Thin stone steps, covered with mud and grime, lead up to a raised block made of a different type of stone than that of the rest of the cave.

On this block are seats, roughly and crudely made from wood. All of them pointing towards a large, black altar at the far end of the aisle between the chairs.

On this altar are some objects. A knife, a bowl, a book. All of which are lying on a black cloth that flows down onto the floor.

Jeresal sees no traps, all is quiet...too quiet.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-13, 12:02 PM
I push the dwarf off of me, and grab my things. Slotting the sword into the scabbard and slinging the bow over my back.

I groan, from the pain, as I do this.

Any of you people got some means of healing me? Mr. Slashy here hurts.

Kaisshau
2007-12-13, 12:17 PM
"Aye. No', le's go check wha' tha other 'uns have found. Mayhap's ther's somethin' 'ere still. Dun' wanna ge' caught un-aware."
Gromtul stands up, and looks around. He beckons to Thomas to give him back his axe, then exits to find Hamish and Jesaral.

kpenguin
2007-12-13, 09:58 PM
Thomas

Tom hands the dwarf the axe and bends down to whisper,

"Thank you, sir dwarf. Again, I apologize. You truly are a of a great wisdom."

He looks at the elf and says,

"Let me make up for my rash actions and heal that wound."

He heads over to lay on his hands. (Heals 6 hp)

"Though if you do something like that again, I shall rip you one greater." He murmurs to himself.

Randel
2007-12-14, 12:14 AM
Jesaral

"Oh score, an altar! These things are great to tell if something is blessed or cursed."

She reaches for the book on the altar, picks it up, holds it for a second and then drops it back on the altar, looking for a blue or black flash.

vampire2948
2007-12-14, 11:21 AM
The book falls onto the altar, there is no flash. Just a THUNK! and a small rattle of the knife against the stone as the book disturbs it.

The book flaps open, revealing it's title and a small message inscribed on the reverse side of the front cover.

The title, "My First Cantrip, A Young Magician's Guide to the Fundamentals of Magic, by Mr. Arc Cane"

The message, "If found, please return to your nearest magician's guild libary. Rewards are on offer." followed by a list of people who have taken the book from the libary, the list stretches back twenty years, with numerous names written in many styles of handwriting covering the page.

The book is made of a thick parchment, with the cover made from wood, decorated with small drawings and with a binding of a soft blue cloth.

The Knife and Bowl sit there, as knives and bowls generally do.

OOC - Katana is healed for 6 HP. Congratulations. You still have a hole in you. :smallsmile:

Ahus
2007-12-14, 01:20 PM
Hamish

So Jeseral, How does this work? Just drop stuff on the alter and boom?

Grabbing the Knife I examine it closely for any sign of engraving or such, and then I toss it on the alter like Jeseral did with the book.

If nothing interesting happens I do the same with the bowl.

vampire2948
2007-12-14, 01:57 PM
When you pick up the knife you feel a pain shoot up your arm, like an electric shock. OUCH!!

You take one point of non-lethal damage.

You will probably drop it when this happens. 'cos it hurt...

When you pick up the bowl, you accidentally tip it, a red liquid pours out of it onto the altar. The bowl is an ordinary bowl, but it has blood in it.

There are engravings on the knife, the engravings are in a language that you do not understand. (If you know abyssal, then poke me.But I don't believe that anyone took that language)

Ahus
2007-12-14, 03:31 PM
Hamish

Damn it.
I say throwing the dagger.
The freaking thing zapped me.

I touch the blood on the altar and rub my fingers together as the blood clots on my hand... Yea thats smart, the joy of a low wis
I never did understand any thing about why these rituals were performed. I mean, what are they trying to do with this blood?

As the dwarf enters the temple.

Dwarf, watch out for that knife, I just got an nice little zap out of it.

Kaisshau
2007-12-15, 09:49 AM
"Oi, ya di', did ya?" Gromtul says, chuckling. "May'e ye'll learn ta wait fer a wizard ta go lookin' fer magic items. Le's get tha paladin, too, he may be able ta see iff'n this thing's especially evil. Hav' you two check'd out tha store-rooms yet?"

Mithreander
2007-12-15, 10:21 AM
Lorren

Lorren as she walked to the temple with the others, the small portion of her brain that was truly her surged forward making her stop in her tracks, her eyes widening in shock.

I'm back!

She quickly ripped out the gem from her pocket while welling to the others, "Beware! This gem is the thing that was helpping the goblins, and it had taken me over!" She did not care how crazy she sounded, as she threw the gem away from her, but she made sure she threw it to a place where everyone could see it still.

Randel
2007-12-15, 02:20 PM
Jesaral

The halfling looks back to see Lorren throw a big gem out onto the floor. "Wait... run that by me again. Are you saying that gem the size of my fist is actually some kind of evil mastermind that was mind-controlling you to make you get really angry over the goblin kid fiasco?"

She looks at the gem. "Okay, despite how crazy that sounds, remember that we got sent here by a big ball of blue sparks. So... what did this thing do? Maybe the dwarf can smash it with a hammer... I just hope its not one of those things that we have to trek across half the country to dump somewhere while its trying to mind-control us at every step. One of my great uncles had to do that and from what I hear it wasn't particularly fun."

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 02:38 PM
Noooo! I am good! She, Lorren, is the evil one. I was created to turn evil to good. But she broke my hold. KILL HER!! BEFORE SHE KILLS YOU!!

BLUFFYNESS!
[roll0]

It doesn't sound particularly convincing.

What are you waiting for? Dwarf? Human? KILL! SHE WILL KILL YOU!!

The heart of the stone steadily changes colour. A dark murky influence falls over the gem, the gem quickly becomes a deep jet black. The edges of the gem begin to shift, blur, and move. They wind outwards and the gem changes it's shape.

Strangely, it's form becomes much larger than the small fist-sized gem. Elongating and growing, spreading out into the room. Mist flows from the foot of the altering shape.

Suddenly, the shape thrusts upwards towards the ceiling, becoming the height of a tall human (7 foot ish) and appears to be made from dark, cloudy glass or diamond.

If you will not do it. Then I will do it myself.

The glassy texture and form fluctuates and becomes that of flesh, soon it looks little different than a regular human, yet with sharper features and large, piercing eyes that seem to look past your armour, into your heart.

Will you help me, or not? It says, in a deep voice that vibrates through your bodies.

Kaisshau
2007-12-15, 03:10 PM
"Never!" Gromtul roars, throwing an axe at the thing.
Attack roll: [roll0]

Randel
2007-12-15, 03:29 PM
Jesaral

initiative: [roll0]

"You won't be doing anything, bucko!" Jesaral says, she aims her crossbow and fires directly at the creatures crotch.

"Buster, stay back! I don't think you'll do well against magic like this." Buster immediately moves out of the room.

Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 03:34 PM
The axe spins towards the figure, hits it, and makes a scratch on it, like a scratch in glass. It does not bleed.

He raises his hand, his expression changing to a look of annoyance, and shoots a bolt of force from his hand at the dwarf.

You take: [roll0] points of damage.

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 03:36 PM
Your arrow strikes the figure in the desired location, causing part of his body to break off, and shatter on the floor. Fragments spin across the floor, as a window would when broken. Anyone who is looking would know that it is not actually glass, but a strange kind of crystal, that glows then goes out.

You'll regret that. Little thing.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-15, 03:40 PM
As I reach the temple, I notice that there is a new person in the group. As it is attacking the members of the party, I think that it is a threat.

Hello random new thingy. I'd prefer if you didn't attack these people.

I shoot it with my bow. [I assume that it is within 30 feet]

[roll0]
[roll1]

Die random new thing, die!!

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 03:41 PM
Your arrow hits the target, but glances off the glass-like skin of the thing, causing no damage.

I rolled your initiative for you, but remember to do it for yourself in the future. You got a 25.

Kaisshau
2007-12-15, 03:46 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
"Tha' Hurt!" Gromtul yells, then hefts his axe and charges at the thing, swinging his axe as hard as he can.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 04:03 PM
Well, we certainly are having fun. he laughs,

Then he gets a face full of charging dwarf.

Your axe strikes him, hard, shattering a great chunk out of him. All of his 'body' down to his waist is missing. He falls over, shattering still more, breaking up and showering the dwarf's boots with small shards.

No! You cannot kill me so easily!!

[roll0]

Some of the small chunks of crystal melt. Forming streams that flow back to his body, rebuilding him. He is only missing his head now, and he gets back up.

You'll regret that!

OOC - Hmm...you almost killed him already...I need to give my bosses bonus hit die or something. Stop killing the bosses so easily! GRRR!!

Randel
2007-12-15, 04:13 PM
Jesaral

"Crystal, is it? Maybe we can smash him like a stained glass window." She drops her crossbow and quickly gets her sling out, she loads it and launches a bullet at the things face.

attack:[roll0]
damage:[roll1] (bludgeoning damage)

Kaisshau
2007-12-15, 04:13 PM
Laughing, Gromtul swings again. "I's jus' like choppin' wood back home wit' me pa'!"

Attack: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

(OOC: Maybe you should be chastising your bosses for dying so easily... And just use this attack when it's my turn again.)

kpenguin
2007-12-15, 04:15 PM
OOC: How high is this guy's CR?

Thomas

Tom follows the elf to the temple and sees the red monster thats attacking his companions. Still a little embarrased after the incident with Maranwe, he raises his halberd and raises an eyebrow quizzically.

"I can hit this guy, right?"

[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 04:28 PM
OOC - His CR is equal to your EL thingy. I made sure of that this time, after my previous mistakes.

I just rolled his health quite low (unintentionally). Maybe i should give them high health...

Ah well, if you follow the plot then you shouldn't be doing too much fighting for a while, unless you want to, of course.

IC -

No, Paladin. Lorren is the one you should be attacking.

kpenguin
2007-12-15, 04:34 PM
OOC: As a boss, his CR should be at least 3 or 4. Also, for NPCs and monsters, I generally make it average hp when I DM.

Thomas

Tom, remembering Lorren's kindness towards all, decides to ignore it (I assume its the same bluff)

I guess that's a yes.

He charges the red crystal man.

OOC: Can we make Knowledge checks to identify it?

Ahus
2007-12-15, 11:56 PM
Hamish

Seeing the Transformation of the gem into a humanoid form
Awe Crap!

Seeing the dwarf smash the gem I grab my staff and swing for the fences...

Init: [roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 05:07 AM
OOC - You can try...

IC -

Hamish misses, somehow.

Heh heh heh...you really think you can beat ME??

He shoots a bolt of bright lightning at Maranwe, it also hits Thomas.

[roll0]

DIE! FOOLS!!

OOC - I belive that Katana is dead now. As she had 3 HP after Pengiun hit her...and was healed for 6 damage...making 9.

You may reroll a character if you wish katana. If you do not wish to play on, then there are many people who wish to join my adventure. (I have recieved a lot of PMs on the subject!)

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 05:16 AM
OOC: Well...this is good.

IC -

I get hit by the bolt of lightning.

ARRG!! I scream. Someone take care of my Katana. I whisper as loudly as I can.

Oh noes. I am dead.

Vampy, I'd like to reroll a cleric, i'll send the character sheet to you as soon as I have made it. Sorry to all you people who were waiting to join :D

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 01:00 PM
Enter, Doran. Good Cleric o' holyness!

You are at the cave with a mission to destory the altar and anything on it. Cos they're evil and stuff and you generally don't like them.

Or is that your real purpose??? Find out later, party!

You are currently in the caves, walking to the altar and wondering why all the goblins are dead and bleeding on the floor.
You may make up the rest of your backstory, but clear it with me first.

Thanks for the prompt sheet katana!

your lovable DM,

Vampire2948

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 01:02 PM
I walk into the room with the altar in it, stepping over Maranwe's corpse.

When I notice the others, I say:

Who the hell are you? Are you worshippers of the evil gods of this place???? If you are, I will have to purge you!!

I wave my hands around in a cleric-y manner.

You heard me coming, I am wearing half-plate and I have a tower shield.

I ready an action to hit anyone with my axe should they attack me.

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 02:24 PM
I'm not evil!! Kill them!! They are worshippers of the evil gods of this place. I am here to destroy them! the thing says to the new comer.

Go on! Help me! They are beating me, crushing my good spirit, you must aid me in ridding them and destroying this place of evil worship.

BLUFF!!:

[roll0]

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 02:25 PM
Is that so... The cleric says.

Well, in that case, I guess i'll just have to do THIS!

[roll0]

[roll1]

I attack the gem thing. Yes, I am aware that he rolled a 20, and I believed him. Phear my strange mysteriousness!!

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 02:29 PM
Your axe swings through the air, bisecting the gem-thing through his head, and continuing on down his torso. He falls to the ground and shatters into thousands of small shards. These shards gradually begin to lose their colour, turning a misty grey colour and sinking into the floor, as if they had never been.

Congratulations. You just beat another boss!!

Left where he fell is just one thing. A small drawstring pouch, made of leather.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 02:35 PM
Well...that was difficult... I say, reaching for the small bag and picking it up.

I just want to see what it is, don't worry. I did kill that thing, after all.

So...who are you guys anyway? Why are you worshipping dark gods? Are you undead summoners, or something?

I open the bag.

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 02:40 PM
OOC: *cough* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3665439#post3665439)

IC:

Well, no. We're adventurers, and I believe you just slew the creature that was creating undead.

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 03:12 PM
When you open the bag, several small bright gems fall out. One blue, one red, one purple, one black and one white.

They are all shaped like small cut diamonds, and they reflect the light perfectly, they have no errors in their making. They are very beautiful.

Thomas, you get a twinge on your evil sense.

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 03:25 PM
Doran, the corpse of a well built, female elf bleeds a little on your shoes.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 03:32 PM
Oh my! This young woman needs my attention!! he exclaims.

Allow me to treat her, step back, I need some room.

I quickly stow the bag full of gems in my pocket, hoping that everyone is looking at Maranwe.

Sleight of Hand for putting it in my pocket stealthily.
[roll0]

I bend down to examine her.

Yes...it seems that she was struck by a bolt of fire? or possibly lightning...yes...Lightning, I can see the electrical burns.

Profession(Actor)
[roll1]

I shall now try to heal her!! Step back my friends! I need air and space!

I place my hands upon her wound, and begin to chant very quietly.

DM ONLY!!!

I cast Inflict Light Wounds

[roll2]

If you're not the DM. Then SHOO!

There's always one...

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 03:34 PM
I look down at the bleeding elf.

It appears that I am getting to the source of the wound. I will try my best to heal it.

DM ONLY!! AGAIN!!

I cast another Inflict Light Wounds on her. I hope that it doesn't have any visual affect...and that Thomas doesn't have his evil vision on :D

[roll0]

I take her pulse

She is...dead...I am sorry, friends. I tried my best.

I stand up and step away from the corpse.

Please. Do not blame me. My healing power is slight, her wounds were grave. I am sorry for what has happened.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 03:36 PM
Profession(Actor)
[roll0]

Bluff
[roll1]

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 03:38 PM
Maranwe sleeps peacefully. As if she were not dead.

The cleric sounds convincing throughout the attempted healing. Except for at the end, where he sounds less convincing. This could just be because he's upset that he couldn't save the elf. Grief affects people in different ways.

You all notice him put the bag in his pocket. It is painfully obvious. :D

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 03:40 PM
The gems are :smallfurious: EVIL!!!! :smallfurious:

The very sight of them sickens you.

Other sources of evil in the room include:

Maranwe,
The altar
The walls
The floor that the gem-thing melted into. (yes. He is dead.)
AND!! That cleric!!!

God I love detect evil...

EDIT: @ Katana, BUSTED!!!

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 03:41 PM
OOC: Ignore the deleted post.

Thomas

"Drop those gems! I sense the presence of eeeevil!"

Tom looks at Maranwe's corpse at. He walks over, and closes her eyes. Though she was undoubtedly evil, her intentions appeared good. Plus, she was very pretty.

"Pelor, ye who are the lord of the sky, who bringeth us light to purge the darkness, carry this soul into peaceful rest."

He looks up at everyone else.

"As I said, I sense evil. Allow me to find where it is coming from."

He concentrates his sight on the gems.

OOC: I'm using detect evil here.

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 03:44 PM
OOC: Not the halfling, eh?

Thomas raises his halberd.

"Our new 'friend' here is evil, as are those gems. Drop your weapon, your symbol, and the bag."

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 03:48 PM
I drop the gems, my 'holy' symbol, my axe, and my backpack onto the ground.

Evil you say? Well, this is quite serious.

I step away from the small pile, take a sheet of cloth from my pocket, slowly, and drape it over Maranawe's head respectfully.

What seems to be the problem?

EDIT:

I cast resistance upon myself. Psychic power, you don't notice or stop me.

yay for elans!!

Do I get a save against detect evil??

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 03:52 PM
I said 'includes' the list was not exhaustive. Those were the main ones that you didn't know about. You were only focusing on the cleric's pocket, anyway.

Detect Evil doesn't have a saving throw. I suggest wearing lead armour :D

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 03:54 PM
OOC: Nope, no save. You can only try to conceal your alignment through spells.

Thomas

I am a paladin, sworn to uphold good and destroy evil. You have committed no crime that I can see, but I have seen evil in your heart. Leave now and I shall not harm you.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 03:58 PM
That's a bit intolerant, don't you think? Are none of your friends evil? I can be helpful to you people.

I am an elan, I have seen much in my long existance. I have nowhere to go. You are adventurers! I wish to join your troupe. Where is your leader?

Or if not...perhaps we can work something out.

I dip my hand into my pocket and produce several gold discs.

No? Money doesn't intrest a upstanding man of the church? I am a man of the church also! We just follow different gods. I would guess...you follow some sort of "LETS CRUSADE! YAY!!" type God, with little tolerance for anyone else.

What makes the forces of evil so...crusade-worthy? What is it?!?! Seriously, my church was destroyed by Paladins, come to a-smite, and a-cleanse.

I spent many years buildin' that church so that people could worship my God! And you people came and tore it down!!

How would you like it if I came and attacked you just cos your God is different to mine? Huh?!?!

And, Evil in my heart? That is just my will to survive, friend. I will do whatever it takes. My god helps me on the road to a successful life. He grants me powers to make my life easier. I tried to save your friend, here, and this is how you repay me?

EDIT:
OOC-

Anyone know where the spells "Summon Undead I" etc. are? I've seen low level characters in other campaigns using it...Which book is it in?

Randel
2007-12-16, 04:27 PM
Jesaral
"No! put those gem things down! That big gem monster used to be a tiny little starkly gem until he started trying to mind control people and transformed into a big monster."

She readies her crossbow and keeps an eye on the gems to attack if one of the gems turns into a monster.

((Edit: sorry, took a bit long to post and didn't notice the part where Doran dropped the gems))

((Summon undead I is in spell compendium, lets you summon a human warrior skeleton or kobold zombie for 1 round per level, though you need to pull out a bag, a candle and a bone from a humanoid as a focus))

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 05:21 PM
OOC: Tom's reaction will depend on whether he really believed you tried to heal Maranwe.

[roll0]

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 05:28 PM
(OOC:Well, a twelve beats your 10 on bluff. So...

Oh, and Knowledge, religion check to recognize your symbol.
1d20+4 )

Thomas

I doubt you actually tried to heal Maranwe at all, dark priest! Your words spoke of lies. Her wounds were not so grave that even mundane treatment could have saved her! I could have bound her wounds, if you had not so blithely stepped in the way!

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 05:29 PM
What the?!

[roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 06:29 PM
You don't know what the priest did, but you know it wasn't good.

kpenguin
2007-12-16, 06:46 PM
OOC: And the holy symbol? Do I identify it?

Thomas

"And further, those gems reek of unholiness, as I have said, yet you refused to give them up."

Randel
2007-12-16, 07:14 PM
Jesaral

Seeing the argument taking place and eyeballing the 'clerics' shiny equipment, she examines both the clerics behavior and tries to see what magic was used when the elf died.

Spellcraft check:[roll0]
Sense motive:[roll1]

"Hmmm... how do we know you're not in league with the goblins and that evil gem thing? A bit convenient that you showed up in the middle of this goblin infested cave just now. I wonder what you were planning to do with those evil-radiating gems?"

Turning to Thomas she says. "Do you think that thing could regenerate from those crystals? It did manage to heal itself a bit when the dwarf smashed it up."

Ahus
2007-12-16, 10:30 PM
Hamish

Well friend, While I'ld love to have a divine magic user in our little group, and I am greatful for your assistance with the gem/construct/whatever it was. I'm going to go with the guy whose duty it is to uphold the ideals of honor and such when it comes to deciding wheter or not you are likely to betray us. Especially as you aparantly just happend by as we found ourselves in a situation for all we know you your self finished off the elf and would do the same to us in the service to you god.

Come on katana, play nice... This is the second time you've caused party infighting. He's a Paladin he can't help being a bit over bearing. Roll up a nice neutral cleric and try not to make the paladin kill you...

KatanaBlade
2007-12-17, 02:30 AM
OOC: And the holy symbol? Do I identify it?

Thomas

"And further, those gems reek of unholiness, as I have said, yet you refused to give them up."

eh? What the hell are you going on about? I dropped the gems on the floor when you asked me to.

kpenguin
2007-12-17, 02:32 AM
OOC: Whoops.

IC:

"You should have dropped them when I yelled they were evil, not try to hide the bag."

KatanaBlade
2007-12-17, 12:36 PM
Oh no! It's evil! We must smite it!!

I mime smashing the gems on the floor with a hammer.

Did you ever stop to think that an 'evil' item might actually be helpful? Such as utilizing evil spiritual power for good ends?

You paladins are so short sighted.

Ah well, if this is how you are going to be.

I pick up my things and leave.

vampire2948
2007-12-17, 01:22 PM
You hear foot steps. Then shouting.

Hello??? Adventurers?? The voice says.

Are you there?

The voice sounds human, and it is spoken in common.

Enter, KatanaBlade

vampire2948
2007-12-18, 10:52 AM
OOC -

Syaka has left the adventure. His internet went boom, poor guy.

Therefore, I will be recruiting one of the many people who have asked to join this adventure.

Thank you,

Vampire,

Mithreander
2007-12-18, 11:28 AM
Lorren

When the rest of the group had taken control of the situation with the gem-thing, Lorren had collapsed against the wall, the effort it had taken to break free from the Dominate Person spell overwhelming her at last.

She noted with wonder as the creature was destroyed and the loyalty that the others showed her.

When the new comer showed up, she tried to push her way to her feet to interject, but again her fatigue prevented her from being able to do so. Once more she found herself leaning against a wall her head cradled in her arm, the ends of a headache vanishing.

She looked up and the new comer was gone.

Had I imagined him? she thinks to herself as she tries to collect herself.

It is then that she notices the body of the elf on the floor, tears springing to her eyes. To live so long just to have her soul ripped from her! she thought sadly, not knowing that it had been literally ripped from her by the now departed evil cleric.

Regaining some of her poster, her butterflies hovering around her worriedly (to those that can tell such things), she pushes herself from the wall and walks to the rest of the group.

"Thank you, one and all. You have come to answer my call, time and time again. I can not tell you how much that means to me, my friends. I am glad to have each and every one of you with me on this quest for peace. Now, I say let us finish our search, and get out of here before anything, or anyone comes."

With that, and a hug for those closest to her and a smile to the rest, she leads the group to gather the rest of the items of value in the cave.

With heavy hearts at the death and travesty that had occurred, but joy as well at their success, the party makes its way back to the town.

I summarized her, taking the hint from our worthy DM. Vamp, I see that you started to introduce Katana's newest character in the cave... let's do that in the town. I'm afraid if we meet any more people in that cave, our characters may shoot first and ask questions later. They have not had good experiences.

vampire2948
2007-12-18, 04:23 PM
Hello??? Is no one here???

Well, if you can hear me, go back to the church, Carter is waiting for you. I'll see you there...I guess.

The sounds of footsteps fade away.

Mithreander
2007-12-18, 08:22 PM
Lorren

Lorren was happy to see the outskirts of the town. She could not remember it's name, but it looked like home after the day all of them had.

She turned to the group and in a tired voice "I know that I am tired as I'm sure the rest of us are, but I think we should head to talk to the good priest and tell him our success. After that we can head to the inn or our respecive houses and get a good nights sleep. In the morning we can deside what to do then."

Ahus
2007-12-18, 09:01 PM
Hamish

Alright, I think we have gotten everything we are gonna get here... I need to get home and wash this blood out of my clothes before it sets in.

Pulling some pliers out of my toolkit I pick up the evil knife, and hold it out to put into the bag of holding.

We should take this back and have Father Carter remove the evil, so that noone can get it to use it against us.

Randel
2007-12-18, 09:13 PM
Jesaral

"Soo..." she looks down at Mare... Meraw... the dead elf. "Should we give her a proper burial or something? Might as well since we're on the way to the cemetery."

She searches the body, taking weapons and other large items and putting them in the bag of holding. She also searches the pockets and removes anything that might potentially fall out of the pockets (ie, be valuable) and places them in the bag as well.

With a bit of goading, she drapes the body over Busters back so that he can carry the elf with them to the cemetery. She could probably use the bag of holding to carry the body but didn't want to risk getting elf on her pointy spears and other weapons.

"I guess the two bandits are gone then." she thinks back, recalling hearing crying somewhere when she was following Lorren to the chiefs hut... but that was probably just the two goblin children.

Ahus
2007-12-18, 09:18 PM
Getting elf on her spears, Classic

Mithreander
2007-12-18, 11:27 PM
Lorren

Lorren looks at the dead elf now draped over Buster as they enter the church yard and calls out.

"Elder Carter! We are back with only one fitality of one that you may not have met."

An elf who had seen more in life already then I will probably ever see. she thinks to her self, the butterflies on her cloak (riding once more) turning pink in their shared sorrow.

vampire2948
2007-12-19, 07:52 AM
You see a young man reading a note on the door.

He does not notice you approach, as he is reading, with difficulty, shaking his head.

Mithreander
2007-12-19, 09:21 AM
Lorren

Wlking up to the man tiredly, Lorren looks over his shoulder at the note. "Is Elder Carter gone?" she asks softly by the mans ear as she tries to see the note.

vampire2948
2007-12-19, 10:21 AM
uhh...I think so... he says, stepping sidewards to allow you to read the sign. I don't know what all the words mean though.

The sign is printed there, in large, carefully shaped letters, slightly torn around the edges. A seal is at the bottom, which is signed by the Magician's Guild.

The sign says:

Father Carter, of this parish, as been removed by the Magician's Guild for the crime of treason.
He has plotted against the state and the punishment for this is execution. If he is found guilty then he will be executed by the Magician's Guild.
And wishing to appeal for his case must go to the nearest Guild headquarters and request to there.

By Order,

Areal W. Izard
Official Scribe to the Magician's Guild

kpenguin
2007-12-19, 10:30 AM
Thomas

Tom stares at the note silently for a little bit, dumbfounded.

Well... boop.

Mithreander
2007-12-19, 11:00 AM
Lorren

Lorren looks at Thomas inquitively before turning her attention back to the sign.

Boop? she thinks to herself, a giggle wanting to rise from her throte that she barely surpressed.

She tried to wrap her mind around what the sign meant by treason, and how she felt about it.

Sire, she was curious, but she could not say if he was guilty or not. If he was, then she was just glad that she had not collaberated with him beyond the goblin expadition.

Sleep is what we need. she thinks not for the first time.

She turns to the man who had been first reading the sign.

"Do you know when this happened?" The trial may have happened already in which case they could do nothing, if they even should.

Ahus
2007-12-19, 11:11 AM
Hamish

Before leaving I load up the bag with last minute items of interest including the Book.

After reading the sign.
Well so much for having the only cleric worth a damn dispose of these evil items. I wonder what he is accused of.
Waits for the literal TREASON, DUH comment.
I know treason, but around here treason could be anything from plotting and taking part in a violent uprising, to not excusing yourself when you belch. It all depends on the mood of the magicians guild. Everyone has opinions as to how things should be, but sometimes here voicing those opinions gets you locked up. We have to go to the city to help him!

Mithreander
2007-12-19, 11:19 AM
Lorren - Church Court Yard

Lorren looked at Hamish and remembered that he was the only native with them at the moment.

"I suppose you would know more about what they take treason for then the rest of us. But is there anything that we can do? From what I have heard about this guild as well as what I know about Carter, I would not put it past him to have actually tried to raise a rebellion. Shoot, for all I know, those goblins were here on the okay from the guild and him sending us against them was the treacherous act that got him taken, which would leave us in a pickle."

She turned to the rest of the group her face showing all of her exhaustion.

"Whatever the case, we need to get some rest. Let's go get some and we can meet in the inns common room to discuss what we want to do next."

She turns back to the man who had been reading the note.

"Any ideas as to the time, of even day this happened?" she repeats herself, the man appearing lost in his thoughts.

vampire2948
2007-12-19, 11:30 AM
Errm...yes...let me see...

The wizardy blokes popped into the church with their magical movement powers. They grabbed Father Carter and shouted something about treason, then they said his trial would be in a week.

This happened earlier today, miss.

Mithreander
2007-12-19, 11:37 AM
Lorren - Church Court Yard

Lorren nods her head. Seemed like they had al least enough time for a nights sleep.

"Anyone know how long it would take to reach the nearest Guild Headquarters?" she asks no one in particular.

If it's more then a week away... well, they were probably out of luck. She would not be surprised if it was.

vampire2948
2007-12-19, 01:43 PM
CRASH!!

The doors on the side of the church open, two people, both wearing dark blue or purple robes (it's hard to tell in the darkening light) stride out of the church. The doors slam shut behind them.

One of them wills a small light into existance above his head, lighting the path infront, behind and to the sides of them.

The other is carrying a large box, marked EVIDENCE in large red capital letters.

Their voices are muffled, but audible over the distance between you and them.

Teleport to the city? Why can't we just do it inside the church?

It's because of those damn politically correct people back at the city! They don't let us teleport into, or from a place of worship. Disrupts the holyness or something.

Bah! Sure it does, what about them? always healing and praying in and around out head quarters? That priest we took from here was casting his mojo inside his prison cell! Trying to ask his God what to do next, or something.

Heh, like that'll work. Magic is the only way to go.

Yeah, I know. Ah well, this should be far enough

He turns back to regard the church and the distance between them and it.

Yeah, okay. You got the scroll?

Yes, right here.

He pulls a scroll of parchment out of his pocket and begins to read it.

The other one looks around and notices Lorren and the others clustered around the courtyard.

Wait a second, lets see what these guys want.

Sigh...if we must...but my toes are freezing!! We'd better be quick.

They walk over to you.

Why are you here?

Mithreander
2007-12-19, 02:20 PM
Lorren

So much for sleep... her mind reals off as she prepares to confront the men.

"Hello! I see that you are from the GUild, may it's will never faulter. We were just looking at the sign that was posted about the priest of this church and was wondering at it. We would like to hear about it, and perhaps make an appeal, if we find that we have one. Could you tell us anything aboutthat? And if so, could you help to direct us to..." She looks at the sign and reads "the nearest Guild headquarters?"

Diplomacy (if necessary): [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-19, 05:13 PM
The nearest HQ is roughly ten miles away, to the south. We can take you with us now.

How many of you are there?

Ahus
2007-12-19, 07:22 PM
Hamish

We've got time, but we could use some time to establish what the charges against Father Carter.

Gentlemen, can you elaborate on the charges? If we are to assist in his defense we must know against what we are defending.
I would hate to wast the Wizards Guild's time presenting evidence that has no bearing on the case in question.

Randel
2007-12-20, 08:42 PM
Jesaral

Hearing the wizards, the halfling looks back at the dead elf and approaches the young man who had been reading the note. "Um, listen, this unfortunate lady was the victim of a weird monster attack and we were going to bring her to Father Carter for burial... so, were do we put her?"

She makes sure Buster is calm and doesn't show his teeth or claws much.

MCerberus
2007-12-21, 09:16 PM
Venn

ooc - I'd like to add I now hate the cable company even more for taking a week to fix the internet here... I didn't know that was even possible... :smallfurious:

IC - Venn looks over the note back in the cave and immediately looks visibly sick. He knows that it can't be good. Hopefully he was incorrect in his thinking. He prays he's wrong.

"There's only a hand full of Wizards bold enough to do this kind of thing. Most of them are higher ups and even masters."

He looks worried the whole way back and takes to talking to Nigel in a extremely quite towns and secretively. When he arrives at the church, he lets the others speak before he approaches the men carrying evidence.

"Venn Flameheart, Journeyman, center for Illusion and Counter-diving."

He holds up his spellbook, allowing the men to inspect the rune on it for the trace symbols that verify Venn's claim.

"Father Carter had contacted us to stop a band of grave robbers, bandits, and apparently some malicious acts of Necromancy. We would very much like to hear what he is charged with."

After that sentence Nigel adds in, "You will need to bring us to the headquarters as potential witnesses anyway."

Realizing there may be a good opportunity to capitalize on procedure, Venn then finishes, "And if you aid your fellow guildmate while we head in, it will likely reflect well upon you."

OOC- [roll0]

vampire2948
2007-12-22, 03:22 PM
OOC - I have returned, in my 3 days of absence I have seen many (well...some) things. Sorry for being away, I know you all missed me.

IC -

They stumble over their words in their excitement to speak after Venn's words.

Yes! Of course! I will take you all now! Is this all of you??

Lets begin the spell.

They both raise their arms and wave them at a space between them. Blue motes spring from their fingertips and create a portal, through which you can see the front of a large stone and wood building. The guild flag fluttering in the breeze.

Warm air floats through the portal, chasing away eddies of cold mist that float around you at the church.

Randel
2007-12-23, 12:32 AM
Jesaral

She blinks at this and says, "Nice, I really should see about learning how these work."

She blinks at the big shimmering portal and the large magical city beyond it. Then she looks back at the dead elf and, after a shrug, gently sets the body on the ground near the church, she quickly writes a note saying

"Name:Maranwë
Cause of Death: Killed by some kind of gem monster in the old cave the goblins were in."

She attaches the note to the body and then returns to the others, following them through the portal, checking out the new surroundings on the other side.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Mithreander
2007-12-24, 10:27 AM
Lorren

Lorren's stomache constricts as the magic began to manifest. She hated magic, all magic, arcane and devine. She was not sure why. Probably a layover form her village, but there it was.

She waited for the spell to complete so she could see the magical city, the city of wickedness and magic she had been trying to avoid.

kpenguin
2007-12-24, 07:49 PM
Thomas

Tom clutches his holy symbol and silently prays as he enters the portal.

MCerberus
2007-12-24, 11:54 PM
Venn

Looking at the portal, Venn pats off a splotch of dust on his clothing realizing he would have to keep a decent appearance. He gives a questioning look as the others hesitate.. With not so much as a single word, Venn casually walks into the portal.

Kaisshau
2007-12-25, 12:55 AM
Watching the others walk through, and shrugging at the wizards who made the portal, Gromtul steps through and looks around.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Mithreander
2007-12-25, 10:58 AM
Lorren

Lorren walked through the portal after the others, already looking at things on the other side.

Listen: [roll1]

Ahus
2007-12-26, 10:33 AM
Hamish

Well I guess we're going through the portal then...

In I go...

kpenguin
2007-12-28, 07:13 AM
Thomas

Tom looks around as well.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Randel
2007-12-29, 09:22 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral makes sure to guide Buster through the portal as well, having him keep his mouth closed and hang his head a little to look less threatening.

Mithreander
2008-02-01, 03:04 PM
Finally, you stumble through the portal, but not to a place in front of the guild building as you had hoped, but into a dense forest of evergreen.

The thin crisp air saps your breath away, the ground uneven beneath your feet explaining your stumbling.

You are on a steep slope, the ever greens providing a complete canopy that prevents you from penetrating it to see what lays beyond perhaps 200 yards in any direction, the smaller pine offering little cover.

To the right, you see a game trail that seems old, though there is still sign of scat.

As you move out of the way to let the others come through (which they do) the pine needles provide a soft, silent movement, which you are thankful for.

You do not hear anything but the chilling winds whisper through the trees canopy over your head and in front of you.

You know you have to be careful, or you may slip on the needles. There seemed to be plenty of young tree trunks to hold on to though.

After the last of you step through, Lorren steps to the portal and tries to go back through. When she sees it go through, she steps through only to end up behind it, blinking in bewilderment.

From a great distance, from the portal you can hear the words "That should keep them out of Wizard's business!"

The gateway then winks out with a slight *pop* noise, sounding loud on the silent hill.

Ahus
2008-02-01, 04:51 PM
Hamish

Great, Just Great.
Hamish say in disgust at the realization that the group had been shuffeled off to some unknown place only to be mocked by those whom sent them.

Before, the portal blinks out of existance Hamish begins to yell into the portal.
You, you sons of succubi. So help me if it the last thing I do I'll make you pay for this.
Hamish begins to trail off, realizing that the wizards whom had just shipped them througth the portal could probably have done much more vile things to them than strand them in some unknown place, and there is the possibility, however, remote that even though Lorren couldn't walk through, that the sound might carry through.

!!yea, 4 Mith!!

vampire2948
2008-02-02, 09:39 AM
Hey everybody. More apologies about my long absence and such.

ooooh...nice twist mith!

meh. I'll sort out things with Mith if you want me back as your DM. if not...then that's fine...

If you do want me back...then i'll have to alter my plot, or 'time jump' back a little.

Vampire2948,

P.S. If you haven't already, check the OOC thread. thanks.

vampire2948
2008-02-02, 10:52 AM
Okay. Mithreander is okay with letting me run the show...so...lets go!

You are in the forest. But it does not feel right.

You look at the sky, stars whirl across it, faster than they should. Suddenly, the sun comes up. Seconds later. It is down. Darkness stretches across the world once more.

You feel like you are being pulled in all directions at once, the ground becomes blurry. You cannot breathe.

Suddenly, you are propelled from the portal, and fall to your knees onto a cobbled street. The portal whirls behind you, humming with arcane sounds. The wizards step through after you, shaking their heads. They wave their arms at the portal, uttering words that you do not catch. The portal shatters with a small sound and the two men turn to look at you.

Don't worry, it's always that way with first timers. one of them comments.

Before you is the guild headquarters, up a flight of neatly cut stone steps. Runes glow bright on their surfaces, blue, red, pink, green. A beautiful pattern that stretches up them and into the doors of the building.

And the building itself, spindly crystal spires stretch up into the sky, so high that you have to crane your neck back to catch a glimpse of the sun beams shining off their tops. The base of the building is made of wood of varying textures and colours, bent and twisted around each other to make amazing shapes.

'How can such a beautiful building exist?' you wonder.

The rest of the surroundings look dirty and dishevelled in comparison, though they are actually well built. They are houses, shops, inns and the like, lining cobbled streets like guards line a wall.

Men, women and children rush through the streets, going about their business, some stop and stare at you stepping through the portal. Others laugh as you hit the floor.

Welcome to Bluetol,

Randel
2008-02-02, 09:57 PM
Jesaral

The halfling gets up off the ground and looks around at the sights, carefully calming Buster.

"This is... amazing." She looks at the building, seeing it reach up... and up... and up into the sky.

The sight reminded her of that old story in Halfling legend, about the wicked queen of the halflings who had ruled from a tall tower until she was finally thrown down by her subjects. But historians say the tower was about fifty feet high and mostly made of wood (though others say it was made of enchanted wicker...).

"Has... has anyone ever fallen off of that thing?" She asks, both amazed and wary of the large structure.

vampire2948
2008-02-03, 03:54 AM
The wizard chuckles at the halfling,

Well, not since I can remember. We use the towers to test one's ability to use the spell known as 'Fly', but to my knowledge I cannot remember anyone ever failing to complete it. They are also used as classrooms and residencies.

Now, myself and my friend must be off. Enjoy your stay.

The two wizards walk off, up the steps. One of them makes a comment to the other, who glances back at you and laughs loudly.

Another robed figure steps up behind you and demands, "Get off the teleporting circle!! Do you think that this place is available for people to just lie in all day, soaking up the sun or something!!? Move!!"

Mithreander
2008-02-03, 09:32 AM
Lorren

Lorren stops her gaping at the building to step out of the 'circle' that the wizard yelled at them about, the butterflies exploding off of her back with her slight agitation.

Once off the circle, she examined the group and asked "Anyone not make it"

Her eyes were once more drawn to the building and the others around it.

vampire2948
2008-02-03, 03:21 PM
All party members that stepped through the portal are there.

Under your increased scrutiny, you notice intresting members of the crowd.

Down a small alleyway that you didn't notice before, you think you see several shapes in the darkness, small children? or perhaps gnomes? all cowering around a tall, dark shape.

A man is peddling small packets of what seems to be a plant, a sign on the small box he is standing on proclaims "Magic Dust! Will make you see amazing things!"

A group of street urchins are fighting each other at the side of the street, they are shouting something about bread.

More people of various description pass by, elves, dwarves, humans, half-orcs and people of many other races.
A constant stream of people come to and from the magician guild HQ, striding up and down the stone steps, light from the runes playing off their cloaks and robes.

You notice a weird smell, like rotting food or flesh coming from a group of figures in cloaks that are walking through the square. They are following a man dressed in dark green robes and a black sash. Some wizard apprentices are following him, making notes.

Randel
2008-02-03, 11:02 PM
Jesaral

Looking around at the big city and the many sights, she turns to the others.

"You know... I'm not sure about the rest of you guys but beating up some bandits, killing a tribe of goblins, killing a big mind-controlling shape-shifting criminal crystalline mastermind monster, losing a newly acquired friend in a questionable encounter with a wandering priest, and going through a weird rift in space to a huge magical city all in one day makes me hungry."

"What say we go get some lunch and discuss what to do next?"

Ahus
2008-02-04, 09:21 AM
Hamish

Well, Um, Don't I feel kind of silly.
Hamish says, in the directions of the two wizards as they depart, scratching the cobblestone path with his feet.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm with the little guy... I could use a nap as well.

You notice a weird smell, like rotting food or flesh coming from a group of figures in cloaks that are walking through the square. They are following a man dressed in dark green robes and a black sash. Some wizard apprentices are following him, making notes.

On second thought, I think that I've lost my appetite.

Kaisshau
2008-02-04, 09:14 PM
Gromtul
"Is that all it takes fer ya to lose yer appetite, boy? Iff'n I'd a' known that, I woulda carri'd a pioce o' rottin' meat with me an' had yer rations! Come now, food's an importan' thing, bu' can' ya tell tha' there's a lot more goin' on aroun' here? We coul' make some good coin an' still 'ave time ta make it ta the guild. Wha's say we make ourselves useful ta the people here?""

Gromtul stares down the alley, trying to use his darkvision to see what's happening.

Mithreander
2008-02-05, 12:51 PM
Lorren

Lorren felt hagard, ansd was sure that she looked as bad as she felt. The others looked better off, but not by much: it had been a long day.

"I want to see when and where the hearing of the priest is, and then I believe that all of us could use some rest, yes, and also some food. Come on."

Lorren motioned for the others to follow here, wrinkling her nose as the rotting men walked past, but beyond that wrinkle, ignored them.

An abomination to be sure, but thre are bigger issues at hand. The first is my exhaused state! she thought as she made it to toward the Guide head quarters to find soemone who could tell them what they needed to know.

Lorren tried to direct her butterflies to help make herself more presentable, but was too tired to even reach through the bond that they shared to do that much.

She looked down at the dark blue dress she had so pain-stakingly made and frowned at it's wrinkled bedraggled condition.

Lorren sighed.

vampire2948
2008-02-05, 06:09 PM
Gromtul, your darkvision fails to activate, you don't know why. But you get the feeling that something is supressing it.

Looking at the alley with normal vision yields no more information than that which you already got from my previous description.

Mithreander, i'll start your actions within the guild when everyone has written what they are planning to do AND you walk inside and start asking questions.

Walking through the crowds gathered infront of the mages guild is difficult, you are squeezed, jostled and generally grappled from all sides.

Please roll a spot check, Lorren.

For me only, as I have misplaced my dice.

[roll0]

Mithreander
2008-02-05, 07:21 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

Randel
2008-02-05, 11:25 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral watches Mithreander walk into the guild building and starts to follow her before turning back to see Buster looking around at the strange new place. Telling him to keep his head down and mouth closed, she looks around at all the people and sighs. She doubted she could get away with bringing her mount inside the building and she didn't dare leave him alone outside with all the strange people... these ones weren't like the villagers from the small town, she had heard stories about what could happen to unattended things in big cities like this.

"Eh, I'll just wait out here with Buster while you take care of business inside."

She climbs onto Busters back and stays outside the building, looking around at the people and buildings. Trying to see if she can see any other halflings, dinosaurs, inns or taverns... and with a last sly glance she looks around to see if she can spot any male half-orcs.

Ahus
2008-02-06, 12:19 PM
Hamish

Hamish looks offended that the dwarf would favor profit over the rescue of the priest, however that look fades as he realizes that he was the only member of this little group to have any sort of a personal relationship with the priest.
As lorren mentions looking into the hearing the disgusted look fades completely replaced by a realization that his companions were truely consentions people.

I'm with Lorren, We need to see when Father Carter's "trial" is. Once we know that we can decide what else we will do in the mean time.

As Lorren becons for us to follow Hamish does exactly that...

When Jesaral stops outside with buster Yea, its probably best if buster stays outsid and likewise if you are with him to keep him calm.

To Lorren, Be careful, I don't trust the wizards guild as far as I can throw them, and that isn't likely to be any further than our little friend on the dinosaur. err, I could throw one of them, err, whatever, you get my point, I don't trust them...
I have a history with father Carter though.

vampire2948
2008-02-06, 12:47 PM
There is a large inn, that looks much better, shinier and expensive than 'The Queen's Dragon' back in Kettrow.

A sign swings in the slight breeze, declaring that the name of the inn is 'The King's Song', a smudge of paint daubed on the sign shows a drawing of a fat man holding a lute, he is dressed in yellows and purples.

On the side there is a stable that looks neat and well looked after.

And yes. There are male half-orcs, and halflings. Though there are no dinosaurs that you can see.

Buster perks his head up and smells the breeze, he wags his tail and points his face towards the stable, sniffing exitedly.

Kaisshau
2008-02-06, 06:02 PM
Gromtul
Following the others, Gromtul looks at the halfling, and back at the alley.
"Ai saw tha' look on yer face, youngin'. Don't be thinkin' Ai have no care fer the priest, I'm jus' figurin' they wouldn' have 'is trial anytime soon, nor woul' he be anywhere we coul' get to. An' som'thin' a bout tha' group in tha alley strikes me as odd. I don'na think tha' they could be doin' anythin' fer good."

Randel
2008-02-06, 08:52 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral looks at Hamish curiously. "Wait... did you just say you don't trust me or that you couldn't throw me any farther than you trust those wizards. Because you'd better not be implying that I'm fat!"

Looking the way that Buster is facing, Jesaral notices the stables, and then sees
the Dwarf looking back to the alley.

"Say... its probably best if we don't split up too much and I know Buster and I can't really enter the Wizards Guild... how about Hamish and Lorren go check on Father Carter while The Dwarf and I check on that suspicious-looking alley. And... eh, Thomas can choose which group to join... I think. We can meet up later in this big expensive looking inn, though I might stop by the stables."

She looks around to see where the Paladin went.

Ahus
2008-02-07, 03:40 PM
Hamish

No, no no Jesaral I don't think you're fat. I was using your dainty stature as an example of someone whom would likely not be capable of physically hurling a human a great distance, and that in contradiction to our heights I would be not be able to achieve much more range in the wizard chucking department. Not that I've any intention to hurl anyone anywhere. Wizard throwing is simply a hyperbole to exemplify the degree to which I distrust the wizards guild.

Anyhoo, that sounds like a good idea. The wizards might not take too keenly to being belittled in dwarven. I think that you should take Thomas with you as well, the guild wizards have an inherent problem with men of the cloth, you heard the two that teleported us here.
Just be careful I'ld hate to have another set of ludacris trials to need to attend inorder to get you all out of prison as well.

Hamish pushes his way throught the crowd summoning Lorren to Follow him as he does.