PDA

View Full Version : vampire2948's Adventure!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Mithreander
2008-02-07, 04:23 PM
Lorren

Lorren stared at her companions in wonder.

Why am I so tired when they seem to be ready to go on forever?! Okay, the dwarf I can understand, being a dwarf. I've heard that they are stalwart, but the others? They had been full in the fights while I just pointed and spoke to my friends. I barely did anything at all, but I feel as if I've ran 20 miles.

Seeing Hamish pass her into the guild, she hurries to follow him in, weaving through the crowd almost carelessly, her tired limbs protesting when she is jostled.

Kaisshau
2008-02-07, 05:35 PM
"So yer me back-up on this, are ya lit'le one? I think o'r chances are lookin' good. 'Ow do ya think we shoul' do this?"

Randel
2008-02-07, 08:16 PM
Jesaral

"Hmmm... I suppose I could use some cloth and one of my flasks of oil to create a crude fire grenade. Mix in some strong liquor and I could make it explosive. How about I whip up one of those babies and chuck it into the middle of that group. You rush in with your axe and take out those gnomes or whatever they are while Buster goes for the big guy. I'll provide some cover fire with my crossbow. The flaming oil and burning people should provide ample illumination."

Looking to the Dwarf with as straight a face as she could muster, "Or we could approach them and ask what they are up to, with a lantern or something to help get a better view."

The halfling takes out her Bullseye Lantern and waits for the Dwarfs response.

Kaisshau
2008-02-08, 02:49 PM
Gromtul
"Wha' Ai mean't, lass, was how are we gonna handle this if the're doin' som'thin wrong an try ta run? I ain't exactly fas' on me feet, and Buster there's a bit to big ta be runnin' down small alleys."

Randel
2008-02-09, 02:51 PM
Jesaral

"Ah... you have a point there. Maybe there is a back entrance to the alleyway. One of us could go there while the other stay here and we block them in... though if they aren't up to no good it might look like we're a pair of muggers or something."

She turns to the dwarf. "I mean, objectively speaking we did just kill a tribe of goblins and their master... people tend to be wary of armed people even if they aren't necessarily bad."

Kaisshau
2008-02-10, 05:09 PM
Looking at the alleyway, and the crowds, and the state of the streets, Gromtul shakes his head.
"I dun'no if circlin' be a good idea, lass, I think we'd ge' lost 'fore we could do any'hin' useful. We only nee' one ta question, anyway. Keep yer crossbow ready, I'll carry a throwin' axe, and we'll try ta stop 'em tha' way iff'n they run."

Drawing a throwing axe from his belt and carrying it loosely in one hand, Gromtul motions for Thomas and Jesaral to follow him into the alley.

"Le' me do tha talkin', lass. You two jus' be on tha look out fer any trouble er suspicious ones."

Randel
2008-02-10, 10:50 PM
Jesaral

The halfling obediently follows the dwarf.

Holding up the lantern, she uses a flint and steel to light it to see better in the dark. She closes the door in front to block the light until they get close enough so as not to alert the people in the alley.

kpenguin
2008-02-11, 12:58 AM
Thomas

Tom felt a bit upset that he wasn't going to appeal to the Guild. Father Carter was a fellow member of the faith and he had provided well for him. However, Hamish was right when he said that the wizards seemed to have no respect for the faithful and Tom had already seen how his temper got the best of him. He trods behind his height-deficient companions.

Mithreander
2008-02-11, 01:12 PM
Lorren

Lorren, still just wanting to get to a bed, was not paying much attention as she was jostled by the croud.

She finally made it to the enterence of the guild house and started to look for a person whou could help them.

This place is SO busy! I hope I can find some information.

Her butterflies had landed once more on her cloak for protection as she weaved clumsily through the croud.

Ahus
2008-02-11, 02:44 PM
Hamish

Seeing that Lorren was obviously exhausted as they moved throught the crowd.
Don't worry Lorren, I'm pretty spent as well, once we are done here we'll get some much needed rest.

Has anyone seen our actual wizard companion recently?

Randel
2008-02-13, 12:37 AM
Jesaral

Jesaral looks over and sees Thomas. "Hey, Paladin. The Dwarf found some people in this dark alley that are doing something. There are a bunch of smaller figures around a larger one. They could be a gang... or some hungry homeless people. Why don't you lead the way and help us get to the bottom of this mystery?"

The halfling points to Buster, The Dwarf, and herself. "It would probably be best if we stay back... Buster would freak out orphans, I would probably get mugged by a gang, and The Dwarf... well, lets say you might be better at diplomatic situations than him."

Under her breath she adds, "Plus, if a battle starts I don't want to be the one who mistakes goblin babies for gnomish mobsters."

Buster seems to chuckle for a second.

Randel
2008-02-18, 08:39 PM
Jesaral

After spending a minute to give her crossbow the merciful (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#merciful) quality, she looks at the others in her little group and shrugs. "Well, lets get this over with and then we can eat."

Riding her dinosaur mount into the alleyway, lit lantern perched on the saddle and loaded crossbow held in one hand pointed off to the side, the halfling says "Hello? Is anything suspicious happening in here?"

Mithreander
2008-02-21, 10:43 AM
Moving along...
Lorren

Find a person to talk to, Lorren finds out the time when they could present a defense, or at least be present to hear the charges and, with much pushing and shoving, made it out of the guild once more.

Seeing the companions left in the street contemplate the alley, Lorren takes a closer look and sighs.

"Are you guys thinking what I think your thinking? If you are, you may want to think again. We are in the town of very powerful wizards, many of which can extinguish us without a second thought. If that shadow there is on of those, then you may have a very short stay in this town."

She arches her back, setting her hand on her lower back, closing her eyes as she does so, shifting her head back and forth. "Me, I just want a nice hot bath and a place to sleep for the night. Tomorrow we can look at selling all of the stuff we got from the goblins and see what else we can find to do."

Finishing her stretch, she looks at the others to see if any of her words had sunken in.

Randel
2008-02-21, 10:48 PM
Jesaral

Seeing Lorren return and listening to what she says, the halfling sags a bit of relief.

"See, this is exactly the thing I need to know about these 'city' things you folks have."

With the group agreeing on resting, Jesaral heads toward the stable and sees what she can arrange for Buster.

kpenguin
2008-02-21, 11:47 PM
Thomas

Tom begins to make a comment about paladins having no fear, especially of crotchety old wizards, but loses that train of thought upon visualizing Lorren in a hot bath.

He catches himself and clears his voice.

"I think retiring for the night might be a good idea. Even paladins don't run solely on prayer and valiance."

Mithreander
2008-02-23, 10:50 AM
Lorren

Seeing the others in agreement, she nods with a hidden sigh.

"Great!"

She points to the nearby inn and starts to head towards it.

"I just hope that with the transport location so near that they have rooms at a decent rate."

Growing up in a small farming village, Lorren had been amazed at the prices for asimple place to sleep. In her village, anyone who wanted a place to lay their head only had to ask, and place would be found for them, and it would be considered an honor to house the visitor.

As the halfling had said, city life is certainly different then any other.

vampire2948
2008-02-23, 04:59 PM
The door of the inn opens and some drunk men step out into the street, wobbling off away from you, shouting and singing loudly.

From the sounds and shapes you hear and see through the door when it is open, the inn is clearly packed and full of noisy people, despite the hour.

Crowds walk jostle you and push rather too close in some cases.

Read this:

Lorren and Thomas, roll spot checks.

Ignore this:
[roll0]
[roll1]

kpenguin
2008-02-23, 11:18 PM
Thomas

"Everyone stay close and keep an eye out. Its easy to get pickpocketed in such a hive of scum and villainy such as this."

[roll0]

OOC: What's the tavern's name?

Randel
2008-02-24, 02:17 AM
Jesaral

Jesaral quickly deals with the stables and makes sure that Buster has a nice spot to rest after their long day. She even asks where she can get some meat to feed him later.

She joins up with the others as they enter the inn.

"I believe its called The King's Song." The halfling said as she walks behind the others, being halfling sized she's not too worried about getting pickpocketed except by other halflings or gnomes... and she keeps an eye on any of them that get close.

Spot: [roll0]

"You know... sometimes I wonder if I should take some kind of... spotting lessons." the halfling says offhand. "All I can see is peoples behinds."

Mithreander
2008-02-24, 09:49 AM
Lorren

spot: [roll0]

Lorren moves slowly out of the way for the men, trying to stay perseptive to them as they jostle past.

If she was less tired, she would have done somehing about it.

Was it the customer of the city that personal space is completely ignored?

She hoped that the baths were private at least! In the empire to the south, it was said that men and women bathed together in common baths, and that wemon were nothing more then property.

This was not the Empire, but she was still not familiar with all of the customs, though her village was suposed to be part of this kingdom.

After the men go around them (through them), Lorren pushes her way the rest of the way into the in, aware of her stained and dirty clothing.

Randel
2008-03-01, 11:55 PM
Jesaral

Getting a little tired of being eye-level with other peoples naughty bits, the halfling makes her way to the front desk and tries to arrange for them to get some service.

"Hello, I would like to order rooms for a large party and myself. And by large I mean about five Medium sized people, and by myself I mean 'a paying customer.'" She holds out a few gold pieces.

"We need some clean rooms, access to a bath, and some food." She thinks for a moment. "Oh, and hold the plothooks, we've had a very busy day already."

She turns her head to see a mysterious stranger at the bar with a dark cloak moodily examining his drink.

"You heard me." she glares, mildly surprising the stranger.

vampire2948
2008-03-02, 11:52 AM
The man at the front desk listens to you, his eyes widen as he sees the small pile of gold coins that you pool onto the desk infront of him.

He pulls them towards himself and deposits them in a small bag.

That payment will be...adequate...how many rooms would you like, madam?

The stranger down the bar casts his eyes back to the depths of his mug.

Randel
2008-03-02, 09:01 PM
Jesaral

"Hmmm... How about we start with two rooms? One for the ladies and one for gentlemen. We might stay for two nights and we'll decide on our meals after we've washed up."

The halfling waits as their rooms are prepared. Turning to the others to see if there are any suggestions.

vampire2948
2008-03-03, 03:11 PM
Of course Madam. We have a wide selection of meals from all corners of the planet. he says, Here are your keys. You have rooms 12 and 13, just head up the stairs and they are right there on your left. Enjoy your stay, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

He slides two iron keys across the desk towards you, the numbers 12 and 13 written on them in large blue letters.

Kaisshau
2008-03-04, 05:59 PM
Gromtul
Pushing his way past his companions to the desk, Gromtul looks at the man behind the counter.
"Where be yer ale, ladd? All this travelin' and killin' is makin' me thirsty."

vampire2948
2008-03-06, 01:51 PM
Of course, sir. One pint of our best coming up! exclaims the man enthusiastically.

He grabs a wooden mug and fills it with beer till the froth pours over the top.

That will be three copper, enjoy your drink! he concludes. Placing the mug down on the counter infront of you.

Note on the beer:

It doesn't taste as good as a dwarf such as yourself is used to. But its okay.

If you find some way to incoporate the words "moose" and "urine" into your comment on the beer, I will find a way to make you pay. :smallbiggrin:

Also, anyone know where the rules are for alcohol? (if they exist?). Until I have found some, I will use the following:

You can drink up to your con mod of pints o' ale until you get a bit shaky.
If you drink your con in pints...you have problems...

For every pint you drink over 1/2 your con you must take a fortitude save (the DC is secret) or fall asleep / be sick.

Sound fair?

Mithreander
2008-03-06, 03:44 PM
Lorren

Following Jesaral to the bar, she lets the rooms ordered and asks the bar keeper afterward "Is there a bath room, or can you have a bath brought up to one of the rooms?"

Lorren notes the dark cloaked character at the end of the bar looking at his meal and studiously ignores him after that. She knew waht they looked like, and the last thing she was interested in was getting more work.

She turns to the halfling woman and asks "You ready to head up to the room? if not, can I have the key?"

Randel
2008-03-06, 08:34 PM
Jesaral

"Oh, I suppose I might as well." She hand Thomas one of the key to room 13, figuring that the dwarf might be spending some time down here.

She then heads up the stairs with Lorren to room 12, setting her bags down in their room. Then she gets out a spare set of clothes to get into after the bath.

vampire2948
2008-03-07, 10:59 AM
Your rooms are small, but cosy. Four beds line the walls of the room, with a small aisle between them.

At the end of each room is a paper screen which covers a bath large enough for a human to lay in.

As you walk in a maid finishes filling it with steamy water, sets a small cake of soap down on the stand next to it, and exits the room with a bow.

The beds are covered in grey sheets and dont look especially comfortable. But meh, they look warm!

Enjoy your rooms.

Mithreander
2008-03-07, 02:30 PM
Lorren

Lorren sighs at the sight of the bath, and heads behind the screen, calling "I get first dibs on the bath!" and proceeds to peel off her cloths, the butterflies fleeing the tumbling cloak in haste, pirching on anything available, seeming to cover everything in sight.

In truth, they were not that soiled, but they were more soiled then she was used too.

In the morning, she would see to cleaning them, but in the mean time, she pulls out a sleeping gown from her backpack along with a set of clean under garments, and sets them ready for wear after she gets out of he tub.

Filling with her toe before getting in the rest of the way, she enjoys the feeling of goose bumps running through her body as she slowly immerses herself, and audible sigh escaping from her lips as she sinks into the tub.

She allows herself to soak in the tub for about 10 minutes before cleaning up the rest of everything else.

Getting out, she dries herself and slips into her night clothing, drowsy and relaxed from the hot bath.

"All yours" she says as she heads to the closest unclaimed bed and slips into the cool sheets, almost asleep before her head hits the pillow.

The butterflies move slowly towards her, covering her and the bed ina layer of colored wings.

Randel
2008-03-08, 12:16 AM
Jesaral

The halfling walks into the bathing room and looks at the tub.

"Is this what you big people use to clean yourselves in?" she looks at it, somewhat surprised. "I mean, I always thought you would make your tubs bigger than us halflings did."

The halfling undresses and sets a spare set of clothes next to the tub... then she reaches into her bag and pulls out a tiny wooden raft, two miniature ships, and what looks like a shark made of rubber. She takes the soap cake and sets it on the raft to give her easier access to it in the tub.

"Where do you have the room for the boats?"

The halfling gets into the tub and cleans herself up, occasionally stopping play with the toys she brought into the tub with her... having particular fun tormenting the two boats with her shark and a dangerous sea serpent (played by her left hand). After thoroughly cleaning herself, she only waits until the water gets a little too cooled down before she rinses off and gets dressed.

Though clean, she does seem just a little wrinkled from being in the tub too long.

"And here I thought I could get a swimming pool for the price of a tub." she sighs.

She gets dressed, heads downstairs and gets something to eat. "Hmm... do you happen to have those little fried bits of chicken in sauce? Sweet and sour I think its called. I heard that some of the eastern cuisines serve it up with rice."

After eating, she makes sure the others have found their rooms alright. Then she gets a nice bit of steak and feeds it to Buster, making sure her dinosaur is doing fine in the stables.

Finally, she heads to her room, undresses, and sleeps soundly in her bed.

Kaisshau
2008-03-08, 12:23 PM
Gromtul
"Aye! Lad!" Gromtul shouts at the bartender, even though he's only a few feet away, "Get me anot'er pint! Tha' last one was a lit'l weak! Oi've had pigeon blud stronger 'innit!"

Grasping the drink as it's slid down the bar to him, and quaffing the whole mug, Gromtul burps and yells again.

"Tha' was bett'r! Now, Laddy, a third! Ther' gettin' lonely in me stomach!"

vampire2948
2008-03-08, 03:17 PM
A third mug slides down the bar and stops infront of you.

OOC:

You are going to test my drunkenness rules, arent you.

All expenses are included in the cost for the rooms, as I cannot be bothered to work them out myself ^^

I will start the next day when everyone goes to sleep / dies of alcohol poisoning / falls asleep at the bar / eight hours of 'game time' pass.

Kaisshau
2008-03-09, 09:28 PM
Gromtul
"Well hellu!" Gromtul says, as the pint stops in front of him "Fancy meetin' you 'ere!"

[roll0]

Draining the pint, he beckons for another three, and downs them as fast as he can.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

(If he's still standing...)

"Oi! My apologi's fer earlier lass!" Gromtul yells at the bartender, foam speckling his beard. "I' doesn' taste li' pigu'n blud! I' tastes li' darg'n spit!"

"No' gi'me too mor, an' I'll hea' ta bed!"

[roll4]
[roll5]

Randel
2008-03-14, 10:44 PM
Jesaral

Jesaral gets up bright and early in the morning and empties the bag of holding onto the floor, getting a good look at all the loot they got from the previous day.