PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Satyr Bardbarian

Wizard_Lizard
2020-09-07, 01:37 AM
Ok so I'm making another weird multiclass Satyr. I have 10 levels this time.
Uh I am extremely aware this paring is not at all optimal but oh well.
I rolled stats and got a 16 14 14 13 13 12. Thinking of putting STR 16, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 13, CHA 14, and then putting my ASI mostly in CON and STR. Not sure what subclasses but for bard, glamour works best, and I'm thinking of going Zealot barbarian.
Not certain where to make the split but I'm thinking more barbarian than bard.

Iku Rex
2020-09-07, 07:26 AM
For barbarian, Totem Warrior (bear spirit) is always solid. It means you can live with lower AC and fewer hit points.

Bard subclass is trickier. Whisper gets a straightforward damage boost from Bardic Inspiration. Lore gets extra skills, and Cutting Words can help you win a grapple or (indirectly) boost your AC. Swords is the obvious pick. Dueling style for a reliable damage bonus, as well as Blade Flourish tricks and speed.

A couple of suggestions:
Bard (Lore) 4/Barbarian (Totem) 6. Bear and Tiger. Lots of skills. Great Weapon Master and Polearm Master feats with glaive and Reckless Attack for all out damage.

Bard (Swords) 5/Barbarian (Totem) 5. 3rd level bard spells. Font of Inspiration. Bear. Shield and spear(s). Dueling. Polearm Master + ASI. Or maybe Shield Master, or Sentinel, instead of the ASI.