PDA

View Full Version : Combo Feat: Furious Musician

Maddogg218
2007-11-01, 12:32 PM
Bard and barbarian has always been an interesting combo, but a good portion of the two classes don't synchronize well with each other. So I thought I'd try to make a feat that could fix that problem.

Furious Musician
Some people channel their rage into song, inspiring combat prowess into their allies.

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +3, Inspire Courage bardic music ability, ability to rage.
Benefit:Your Bard and Barbarian levels stack for the purpose of determining how many times per day you can use your bardic music ability, determining the strength of the songs you can play, how many times you can rage per day, and determining damage reduction from barbarian levels. It also allows you to use your bardic music ability while raging. It does not stack for determining the highest level song you can play.
Normal: A barbarian cannot use bardic music while raging.

ErrantX
2007-11-01, 02:35 PM
Not too shabby, one thing to mention is that Bardic Music can be used while raging, just not all uses of it. Inspire Courage and Inspire Heroics work per normal.

-X

P.S. Part of me almost wants the feat to be called "Bardarian" :P

Reptilius
2007-11-01, 02:44 PM
X is right, as long as it doesn't need a perform check, you can use bardic music while raging. Perhaps switch that out for the advancement of the Barbarian's DR?

Maddogg218
2007-11-01, 03:05 PM
I always felt Bardic Music was charisma based even if you didn't actually roll for it. But I suppose that part can either be removed or add the DR progression in to replace it

Catch
2007-11-01, 03:21 PM
I figure you should be able to using Bardic Music and Rage at the same time with this feat, Inspire Courage and Inspire Heroics, at least. Those are the ones that don't require a Perform check, though, so you can. I mean, what's more heartening than a warrior who can sing while he chops through a horde of orcs? It makes me want to make a punk rocker bard, actually.