PDA

View Full Version : DM Help modern day loot table

Stephen
2020-09-08, 04:56 PM
im looking for a loot table or loot generator for a more modern day zombie apocalypse game setting. preferablely something i can edit and change a bit, but anything will work at this point has a kind of jump off point or reference. any help of point in the right direction would be great. and i apoligize if this is not where this topic goes

Hand_of_Vecna
2020-09-08, 07:18 PM
The best solution I've seen for this is the one from d20 Apocalypse an expansion for d20 Modern. It has categories for different types of buildings, but all of the loot will be in an abstract form I think the categories were Food, Ammo, Weapons, Electronics Scrap, Mechanical Scrap, Clothes, etc. It was up to you to determone what the description of the items are.

3 food in an office building; maybe a vending machine, maybe the instant oatmeal a thrifty employee kept in their desk.

Electronics and Mechanical Scrap are an interesting mechanic. When a repair needs to be done you roll and add the amount of scrap you have to see if you have something serviceable and then spend some scrap.

Stephen
2020-09-08, 09:56 PM
The best solution I've seen for this is the one from d20 Apocalypse an expansion for d20 Modern. It has categories for different types of buildings, but all of the loot will be in an abstract form I think the categories were Food, Ammo, Weapons, Electronics Scrap, Mechanical Scrap, Clothes, etc. It was up to you to determone what the description of the items are.

3 food in an office building; maybe a vending machine, maybe the instant oatmeal a thrifty employee kept in their desk.

Electronics and Mechanical Scrap are an interesting mechanic. When a repair needs to be done you roll and add the amount of scrap you have to see if you have something serviceable and then spend some scrap.

thank you, i will look into that now. being a general table like that is fine. im trying to design my own game system and just needed something like that for reference. i can fill stuff in no problem. i just wanted the "building" "house" "car" kind of tables started so being general is perfect. i have the d20 modern and future, but didnt know about an apocalypse book lol