PDA

View Full Version : Optimization late level feats

Iampower
2020-09-09, 08:42 AM
i've been making character builds there recent weeks in my spare time and it made me wonder. anyone can think of feats that can be afforded to be taken in the later levels of the builds? can be for any class that you can think of.

Darthnazrael
2020-09-09, 09:02 AM
Resilient, especially for Wis, is often a really good late-game pickup.

KorvinStarmast
2020-09-09, 09:04 AM
Alert.
1. Neve surprised.
2. Inviso enemies, hidden enemies, cannot attack you with advantage.
3. +5 to initiative. You go first more often ...

And if one only has two saving throw proficiencies, take Resilient "save I want proficiency in" is also good. Lots of tougher saves at higher level. Wis and Dex in particular.

Necroanswer
2020-09-09, 09:06 AM
I would pick something like alert or prodigy (assuming that I have all the feats and stat boosts I feel are essential to the character)

ninja-ed on alert

clash
2020-09-09, 09:07 AM
Resilient is based off proficiency bonus and is much more valuable to take at later levels. At level 4 it is only +2 which often wont make much of a difference but at later levels it can be a +4-6 making a huge difference.

Prodigy is another one that becomes more valuable at later levels due to proficiency.

I would also not be inclined to take sharpshooter or GWM at low levels due the the restricted usefullness of the -5 +10. At low levels the hit chance far outweighs the extra damage, but AC scales much slower than HP and with extra attacks the feats become much more powerful.

KorvinStarmast
2020-09-09, 09:21 AM
I would pick something like alert or prodigy (assuming that I have all the feats and stat boosts I feel are essential to the character)

ninja-ed on alert
I never realized how good it was until I took it on a sorcerer (whose main schtick is support/control, not blastiness) and got to go first a lot to try and shape the battlefield.

Daphne
2020-09-09, 01:11 PM
Skilled is a +5 or +6 to three different skills in high levels, way more impactful than it would be if you picked it at level 4.

CTurbo
2020-09-09, 03:18 PM
Lucky!!
Alert
Defensive Duelist
Skilled
Resilient
Magic Initiate
Ritual Caster

Ogre Mage
2020-09-14, 05:06 AM
Lucky and Alert are good on any character after you have maxed out your main attribute.

I also agree that Resilient is probably better somewhat later in the build (I would take it at Level 8 at the earliest).