PDA

View Full Version : Haley and Belkar stuck in the city (um, I guess spoilerish)

EdgarVerona
2007-11-01, 01:19 PM
... not that I think it'll actually happen, but posted as a "spoiler" on the nonexistent chance.

What if Belkar and Haley had to eat Roy to survive while staying hidden in the city, and that's why he couldn't resurrect? :smallyuk:

Okay, that's macabre... I figured with Halloween yesterday it was worth the Ravenous-esque reference. :smallbiggrin:

sihnfahl
2007-11-01, 01:28 PM
What if Belkar and Haley had to eat Roy to survive while staying hidden in the city, and that's why he couldn't resurrect? :smallyuk:
Resurrect, though, requires only a body part of the deceased (not the entire body, as with raise dead), so long as it was part of their body when they died. That would include any bones... Belkar gets the Skeletal Hand of Roy for a necklace.

Deathwisher
2007-11-01, 01:33 PM
Resurrect, though, requires only a body part of the deceased (not the entire body, as with raise dead), so long as it was part of their body when they died. That would include any bones... Belkar gets the Skeletal Hand of Roy for a necklace.

Nope, he just makes a new hat out of Roy's skull.

David Argall
2007-11-01, 01:40 PM
It's a safe bet it is not going to happen. Morally, there is no sin to it, but it borders on some very major ones, and it would be the wrong tone. We are more likely to have Haley shooting a hobgoblin to steal his rations, which logically is distinctly more objectionable, but calling humans logical is illogical.

SoD
2007-11-01, 01:41 PM
Or Belkar could whip up some more stew.

Umbra
2007-11-01, 02:03 PM
Or Belkar could whip up some more stew.

mmm... Greenhilt Corpse Stew...

sihnfahl
2007-11-01, 02:08 PM
Nope, he just makes a new hat out of Roy's skull.
As folks have said, Belkar might be looking to replace Skullsey.

Hand of (LG)Roy just seems sillier to me and more apropos (do two letter transpositions and you'll see why).

Spiryt
2007-11-01, 02:12 PM
You know, this is too macabre too appear in comic, indeed.

But anyway this is illogical, like other pointed out. With so many dead humans, hobgoblins e.c around there wouldn't eat Roy. Not to mention few animals who certainly died during siege, (also alive ones - certainly many rats, and hehe. vultures) - so eating another intelligent being wouldn't be necessary.

So I think that

nonexistent chance

is correct :smallbiggrin:

SoD
2007-11-01, 02:26 PM
mmm... Greenhilt Corpse Stew...

Umm...that...really isn't what I meant...I was suggesting an alternative to Roy, not a suggested preperation for him...although, if you added some parsley...