PDA

View Full Version : What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 07:25 AM
When they were done removing Aklah's armor, she put it back neatly on the mannequin.
"Let's take her back to the stables, now. And then... Nap time" Eris decided "I'm still recovering from the demon fight, so I need to watch out for my health if I want to be in top shape. Or, less logically, I want to nap with my wife in my arms"

If you wanna skip, Eris will be taking a short rest.

Leff blushed and helped stable Aklah, then nestled up to Eris for a nap.

It was not too long before an annoying Goblin voice was screaming that it was suppertime.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 08:16 AM
"I must admit, it's hard to dislike her after meeting Oberon" Eris admitted, standing up to get dressed and armored with her new shiny black... Or not.
"Hey, what if I wear dresses? We might not have another chance in a long time"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 08:22 AM
Leff reluctantly let Eris go. "To dislike who?" she asked, pulling out her own dress at Eris's suggestion.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 08:33 AM
"Jade. She's irritating. But not as much as other people" Eris explained, smiling when Leff followed her suggestion and slipping into her own black dress somewhat awkwardly- she wore it like... Twice, after all.
"How do I look?" Eris asked Leff after she finished putting on the sandals. She gave her wife a twirl.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 08:43 AM
Leff was only just then finishing putting her complicated dress on, and she smiled at Eris. "Beautiful, Eris. You're always beautiful."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 08:52 AM
"Heh. I love when you say it" Eris brought Leff in close with a hug "You look amazing. Not even Sune compares in my eyes" she kissed her wife, then was ready to head out. She'd probably look better without Black Ice on her back, but she didn't want to leave her weapon alone if possible seeing how it was an evil, sentient weapon.
"By the by... In hindsight, being able to disguise myself is kinda pointless on Abeir isn't it? If we bring a wyvern wearing a dead dragon on herself"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 08:59 AM
"Probably not," Leff agreed, returning the kiss and standing up to follow Eris. "I don't think she would be all that subtle without the armor, either."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 09:02 AM
"Imagine if we covered her up with an illusion. What do we even use? Those devil horses that eat meat?" Eris chuckled, opening the door to leave the room, taking Leff's hand to head to dinner.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 09:09 AM
"I... maybe? I'm not much of an illusionist," Leff said, following Eris to see Mab sitting next to Sirthis, not looking at the meal being prepared at all.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 09:15 AM
"Good evening, Queen Mab! Sirthis!" Eris said jovially before taking seats for herself and Leff.
"I'll never understand how wizards work exactly. Like... Can't you just write all the spells down and use them all? Regardless of what you specialize in?" she asked her wife.
"Been a while since I saw those dresses" and that's all Sirthis said, refocusing on Mab right afterwards.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 09:24 AM
"I... yes, but I haven't written that one down," Leff explained. She took her seat, and grilled fish was served across the table. After briefly lifting up her goblet, Mab began the meal with a sip of cherry plum juice. Alown got her own goblet and slurped at it.
Mab looked questioningly at Sirthis, not yet summoning her air elementals to feed her.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 09:32 AM
"Oh! I meant as a general thing, not that specific one. But I guess it's fair. I think. I dunno, magic's confusing" Eris surrendered herself to eating, resting her tail on Leff's lap.
"My, does the Queen want something?" Sirthis smiled, taking Mab's cutlery to cut her food, then forking a piece of fish offering it to her.
"Say 'aaaaah'"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 09:42 AM
Mab smiled and said "aaaah" very quietly, accepting the bite as her husband fed her.

Leff ate, smiling at Eris occasionally. Someday, she thought, This won't feel like a treat. But it wasn't that day.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 09:53 AM
"Oh, you're so cute" Sirthis said not at all quietly, thinking more of feeding Mab then eating himself.
Eris exchanged smiles with Leff while eating, pushing all the talk aside. There really was no need to worry about that yet, and even if there was... She couldn't care less at the moment.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 10:05 AM
Mab didn't respond, instead eating what she was offered, until her plate was empty. "The air elementals just don't have the personal touch."

Leff did eventually look elsewhere and pointed out to Eris. "Look. Borra's sitting next to Jade and Xelphilia."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 10:24 AM
"And we both know you love my touch" Sirthis said smiling slyly, eating now for himself.
"Ooooh he made friends!" Eris said excitedly "I really didn't imagine him next to Jade though. At all"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 10:46 AM
"I swear, we are not leaving my room for a week," Mab told him, and stopped him from eating with a longer kiss.

"Do they even share a language?" Leff wondered.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 10:49 AM
"I'll hold you to that" Sirthis added after the kiss "But we'll have to wait. Good thing I know how much you love waiting!" he chuckled.
"I guess? I expect they all know Sylvan. Speaking of which... I thought Delilah didn't speak it" Eris mused.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 11:09 AM
Mab glowered at him. "Didn't you finish your business?" she asked.

Leff shrugged and finished her fish. The tables were beginning to be emptied without Mab's dismissal, though some fey still remained firmly in their seats watching the Queen.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 11:17 AM
"No. We need to find the passage to Abeir still. We kinda got caught up in the whole plot to free a demon lord, killing Demogorgon and Eltab. Before Osterneth found us the plan was 'find where the Crossing is'" Sirthis explained, doing his best to ignore the glower.
"I called you because Osterneth died after she attacked us and I felt that you needed to see that immediately. Also because I missed you"
"Not sure... Should we leave or wait?" Eris asked Leff.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 12:44 PM
Mab looked utterly disappointed, sinking into her chair. "And you were upset that I left you alone."

"Leave," the word left Leff's mouth almost immediately. She smiled a bit sheepishly.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 12:59 PM
Sirthis scooted closer to Mab, passing an arm around her to hold her close.
"Think thi- wait" he lowered his voice and whispered at her ear "Think this: tonight, you get three bards, and when I come back... You'll tie me to the bed for a week. Or chain. Or whatever other kind of costraint you feel like using" he tried, leaving a kiss on her cheek.
"Plus, I swear I won't be leaving the Feywild for months afterwards. Assuming I leave the Fortress in the first place. I don't have fun leaving my nosse alone"
Eris smiled, standing up and picking up Leff in her arms.
"Let's" she said, and since her muscles were still strained she opted for disappearing through a portal of blades back to their room.
"You didn't expect this, did you"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 01:12 PM
"Until Clephesia is born," Mab insisted. "You're staying until then."

Leff giggled and kissed Eris before the knives brought them to their room. "No," she confessed. "Not quite."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 01:22 PM
"I planned on staying longer actually?" Sirthis said "I want to stay here at least during Clephesia's first months, plus I have some business into the Feywild I'd like to attend to once outside-plane matters are settled- especially now that Briar allows me to travel the Feywild swiftly" he explained.
"Unless I'm to stay away while you nurse her for some unknown law? Which I will probably break. Plus, I also have a son to care about"
Eris set Leflabah down on the bed and layed next to her, hugging her wife.
"I love you"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 01:49 PM
Mab smiled and stole a few more kisses. "As long as I can keep you," she said. "And please, be here when I am nursing our daughter."

"I love you," Leff answered, holding Eris tight. "And I'm gonna be with you for as long as I can."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 02:00 PM
"That was my intention" Sirthis nodded smiling "I wouldn't go out quite THAT much if we mortals didn't have that whole aging thing to worry about in the first place. Speaking of mortals, my dear... Should we summon Lorraine and Delilah and move this discussion elsewhere?" he said.
"You can't really say can, you know" Eris whispered as her tail coiled around Leff's waist "You haven't got a choice in the first place anymore"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 02:16 PM
The respective couples (one pair with guests) went to bed, and after another hour or so, even went to sleep. Except for Eris and Sirthis, who reached out to others.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 02:22 PM
Two Dreams were started that night.

Sirthis' was a spacious, dimly lit room with a bathtub filled with hot water and a bed next to it where he was sitting, still dressed in the clothings from the day. Malyanna was wearing her usual traveling clothes since... Sirthis had really only seen her like that, and was used to that image.
"Hi there"

Eris' was actually a weird hybrid between the beatiful architecture of Mab's palace... And a tavern. There were tables and there was a counter by which she was sitting, with a centaur bartender because why not? But it was all very elegant. And she was ordering beer. The lighting was given by candles and Gloriana was dressed with one of the dressed Eris saw her with, since she wouldn't dare changing her clothes.
"I'm afraid the bar only has drinks I tasted. I was told you like lightning whiskey, but I never drank it... Yet" she said. For herself she was wearing the black dress, since it looked fitting for the place in Eris' mind.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 02:25 PM
Malyanna briefly looked down at herself, then nodded and sat on the bed. "Good to see you, Sirthis."

Eris created a bar and awaited Gloriana, but after quite some time, the Sylph Queen did not appear.
How long is Eris going to wait for Gloriana to fall asleep?

Valmark
2020-09-10, 02:30 PM
"How have you been?" Sirthis said smiling "It's been a while. And you told me to Dream you, so since I'm in the Feywild just for today..." he scooted closer.
Eris frowned. And drank.

Make it an hour, give or take.

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 02:39 PM
Malyanna leaned on him immediately. "Well, what did you want to know?" she asked.

Eventually, Gloriana emerged beside her and took a seat. "May I help you, Eris?"

Valmark
2020-09-10, 02:50 PM
"Just why Zolt frequented Vecna's people. I didn't know she was a follower of Pelor- I understand you, but shouldn't Vecna's be her enemies? Speaking of which, Osterneth is permanently dead. Should be" Sirthis asked, putting an arm around Malyanna smiling.
"Yes, I wanted to ask you a few things which we couldn't ask last time. Also I should probably report something we did which probably isn't going to matter, but still. Oh, the bartender only serves things I know, so nothing fancy" Eris nodded.
"Of course you can refuse to answer. For example... How did you come by that sword? Speaking of which, I realy must thank you. Defeating Demogorgon wouldn't have been quite as doable without it"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 03:13 PM
Malyanna laughed. "Oh, yes. That." She stretched a bit, nestling up to Sirthis. "Zolt is a... an Aasimar. She was brought into being by Sidriel, one of Pelor's greatest angels. She devoted her life to Pelor, and obeys his every order. So whatever she did, she thinks it's what Pelor wants her to do. Even if she finds both me and Vecna's ilk distasteful."

Gloriana touched her wings before tucking them in. "I..." She swallowed. "The Blood War is... the greatest threat to the Realms present, and the gods' willingness to allow the devils to fight their war in exchange for preserving their own power has led to that. Ever since I learned of... my own personal devil, I began my mission to end this unsustainable feeding of the Devils' plans by the gods. Of which I technically am one. You may know me by my name that is used in the Shadowfell... the Raven Queen." Gloriana looked to Black Ice. "I am glad he has been useful to you. And... Demogorgon, you say? That certainly makes me worry less about the aftermath of the hells' destruction. And... you're welcome." she smiled, and reached past Eris, drawing the mental image of Black Ice and reading the Infernal Runes. "Yes, he's almost awake, isn't he?" she asked. "This sword was once a warlock. A Servant of Mephistopholes who served him in fighting back a demon invasion into the Material... into Toril. His name was Lucius. And after he died, he returned as a sword that could manifest his original body. And after he had served his purpose, Mephistopholes called him home... but he ran. He ran until his power was spent, and he went dormant. He was then picked up by an adventurer like you, but lacking a connection to the hells she could not awaken him, and traded the sword to me for my assistance in killing the vampire who had destroyed her family. Does this answer all of your questions?" Gloriana handed the sword back, hilt-first.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 03:27 PM
"That... Explains, I guess. I actually like her less now, but at least she shouldn't be dangerous. Mindlessly following orders is something I dislike, and let's face it- good people are just as bad as evil people, when they are your enemy. Maybe worse. Anyway" Sirthis shrugged "That's all I wanted to know, I think. Are you in any hurry to leave?"
Eris put an hand on Gloriana's shoulder, taking back Black Ice.
"I'm sorry if answering this for difficult. I appreciate what you are doing- though I have no idea what's the Raven Queen, sorry. I mean, I know now it's you, but I don't know what that's supposed to mean. As for my questions... Actually, this answer gave me one more. If Lucius awakens... What happens? Will the warlock fully recover as a person? Or is Black Ice simply going to become a sentient sword? And I should warn you then... Demogorgon apparently wanted Eltab back into the Abyss, and that happened. We were traveling to stop his awakening, but we came too late and could only send Demogorgon and Eltab back to the Abyss and slay their demon armada"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 03:37 PM
"I only need four hours of rest," Malyanna answered.

Gloriana's eyes twinkled in curiosity. "You know, I have no idea. To your question about Lucius." She then considered the rest of what was said. "It makes sense. Demogorgon's position is weakening, after Pzuzu's outburst. Sertrous - another Obyrith - is setting himself up to challenge Demogorgon and take over the Abyss. Demogorgon probably wanted a demon prince indebted to him to return home to secure his authority. This isn't exactly a good thing, but it may buy us time before Asmodeus makes his move. Further, I have been speaking with Malyanna, and I am wondering if you would be willing to go into the Shadowfell and investigate an old temple which may provide valuable insight on Asmodeus."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 03:50 PM
Sirthis brought Malyanna in for a kiss.
"Good. I didn't make a bath tub with the perfect temperature for nothing"
"I see no problem with that. We need to travel to Abeir first though. And we might also need to worry about an aboleth problem. Shadowfell... Would you be able to provide us of a way to work magic without hurting ourselves? At the Isle of Dread, a crossroad, we passed by the Shadowfell side and according to Sirthis when he cast magic it... Hurt. He clutched his arm in clear pain" Eris asked.
"As for questions... Well, Leff had wondered how did you know Zargon isn't better then Asmodeus, but according to the plan they should both die right? So no issue there. What we did wonder is... How did you know about Cania collapsing? And what were yo doing during the Tharizdun and Vecna problem? Does it have to do with the risk of ending up in the 9 Hells before the severing?" she said, then frowned and added "I'm really sorry if this sounds like an interrogation. I trust you, and actually consider you a genuine friend. Me and Leff just want to see things clearly"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 04:16 PM
Gloriana smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid that is just a result of the Shadow Weave, which is what magic runs on in the Shadowfell. I cannot give you a pass from it, not while Shar is active." She smiled at the next question. "I knew that Cania was falling apart because I was looking. Many gods have a model of realmspace through which to observe major changes. I keep mine in my study, where I spend much of my time. I could show you, sometime. And, after Vecna's rise... If you are aware, he was destroyed very shortly after his return. I am... a cautious woman, and not prone to rushed action. I had not decided on my response to his return before his most recent death. It is... discouraged, for gods to kill one another, and is not something I can rush into." She then reached out a hand onto Eris's shoulder. "I am glad you think of me as a friend. Perhaps we could meet to play a game, sometime."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 04:32 PM
"I'm preeetty good with dice games" Eris smiled nodding "And that model of Realmspace sounds cool. Though... Does this mean you are an actual goddess? I thought you were just a particularly badass archfey!" she said.
"Oh and yeah I know. We were there helping Sirthis- though only him fought Vecna. But... Sorry, this has nothing to do with why I Dreamed you but if you are a goddess... Does it mean you have the whole divine Spark and clerics thing?"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 04:43 PM
"Yes, I have a Divine Spark and clerics, though they're all currently in the Shadowfell," Gloriana answered simply. "Why do you ask?"

Valmark
2020-09-10, 04:49 PM
"...I'm not sure... But you are my favorite goddess then. And being a cleric or a paladin has proven to be pretty effective in keeping people safe from what I've seen- or at least can make people stronger to do that" Eris said carefully "I think if I were to throw my lot in with a goddess and all that stuff Sirthis does I'd want it to be you. But... Uh... I guess I should first talk it out with Boss in any case"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 04:53 PM
Gloriana actually blushed. "Oh, Eris. I am flattered just by the suggestion. Do get in touch with me if you decide on this course of action... would you like to know my domains?"

Valmark
2020-09-10, 04:58 PM
Eris blinked.
"As usual, please go with the explanation suitable for rocks. My whole experience with magic is being Boss' warlock. And my blood. All I know is that clerics heal, make pesky liches cower in fear and conjure their gods when it's going real bad"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 05:05 PM
"Ah, most of us are less... 'hands-on,' than Sune. If you were to do what I assume Surthis did, I do not expect that I would manifest personally. I would likely send something or manifest some power through you." Gloriana smiled before going into the explanation. "My domains are Life and Death," she explained. "The duality of decay and rebirth define me and my... slow and ongoing climb back to my former..." she stopped, looking to her charred feathers. "Life would enable you to heal others, and Death would... help you kill, with your spells at any rate. Though if you were to swear and Oath to me as a Paladin, you could swear Vengeance against the fiends and undead that are my enemies, or vow to defend the light found in all that lives."

Valmark
2020-09-10, 05:21 PM
"Death sounds like a terrible idea. I can't manage a cantrip when I fight" Eris said thinking "It'd be either Life or an Oath... Though... Mh. I may lean more cleric. From what I understand, there is plenty of magic to be used out of a fight- I find wacking things with a magical weapon plenty effective. But if an Oath made me better at protecting those around me... I'll think about it" she nodded to herself "Right, not all fiends and undeads, correct? Lenora's a friend and a Fiend after all, and lives at your court. And I was a revenant for a while"

Xihirli
2020-09-10, 05:26 PM
"Ah, no. I've made a few Revenants, actually. And of course, Lenora is welcome here. I was only referring to those that are my enemies, and most of my enemies are fiends and undead." Gloriana lifted her head. "Apologies, something has come up with one of my followers in the Shadowfell. I will meet with you again soon." And Eris was with Leff in their bed.

Valmark
2020-09-10, 05:29 PM
Eris blinked. That was rapid.
"...well, she probably wouldn't have answered the last question" she murmured and smiled down at Leff "Your turn" and Dreamed for good.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 08:39 AM
Sirthis and Eris awoke holding their respective wives. Sirthis was also holding Delilah, who was the only other person awake.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 08:46 AM
Sirthis smiled at Delilah.
"Morning" he murmured to not wake up Mab, and gave kisses to both.
Eris stretched, feeling energized and fully recovered. And started smooching Leff to wake her up sweetly, wanting to share what she had learned from Gloriana and hear Leff's opinion.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 08:56 AM
"Good morning," Delilah said. Mab stirred enough to kiss Sirthis, then pulled herself onto him more firmly and fell back asleep.

Leff woke up to accept the kisses and held Eris close through the smooching. "'Morning, gorgeous," she mumbled.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:05 AM
"The Queen's lazy" Sirthis snickered and stroked Mab's hair, accompanying her sleep. He didn't really want to leave the bed yet.
"Moooorning" Eris said cuddling her wife "Slept well?" she asked innocently.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:07 AM
"She's a little pillow princess," Lorraine agreed, stirring from behind Mab to lean across Sirthis and Mab and kiss Delilah.

"Had a wonderful dream," Leff smiled. "How about you?"

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:19 AM
"Oh... I love waking up like this" Sirthis smiled cuddling Mab in his arms "And Lilah wasn't sure wether to come to the Fortress yesterday or not"
"Same. Though... I had two" Eris admitted "I first contacted Gloriana to ask some questions which I wanted to talk about with you" she adjusted her position to look at Leff's face.
"For example... Did you have any idea that she was a goddess?"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:24 AM
"Nice to meet you, by the way," Delilah said to Lorraine, who laughed.

Leff shook her head. "No, I didn't." But she didn't look particularly surprised.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:31 AM
"She teached me most of what I know, you know. For bard stuff" Sirthis noted giving another kiss to Mab "I'd say best teacher there is, but my other example involves an old firbolg"
"I was amazed. It's why she knew about Cania by the way. All gods have a replica of the... She called it 'Realmspace'. She's very careful, which is why she didn't take action in time even for Vecna. I... Inquired about becoming her cleric or paladin. I want to" Eris told Leff "But I wish to hear your opinion on the matter. I know your views but... Well, aside from the fact that I'm a warrior on my own, I feel like if I can take more power from a good source, from a friend who shares the love for this world... And use it to protect it and protect my family... I should"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:37 AM
Mab finally stretched and stood, looking at the various bards in her bed. "Good morning, all." She kissed Sirthis. "Husband."

Leff nodded at the explanations, then her face froze. "I mean... yes, I don't want any of my power to be dependent on another creature... but, if you trust her, then of course I support your decision."

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:44 AM
"Wife" Sirthis smiled "We'd make for a very convincing nymph circle, wouldn't we?" he snickered sitting up "Who's up for a bath before breakfast?"
Eris nodded and gave Leff a kiss on the cheek.
"That's all I wanted, for you to be alright with me doing it" she said "Which also means that after Abeir and making sure the Miserix matter has been dealt with by Delilah, we'll have to come back here for that... And to tell Boss. He won't be happy, probably, but... If he disagrees, I'll convince him crossing our blades" she sat up, taking the greatsword.
"Right, Lucius?" Eris asked checking if there was a reaction.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:50 AM
"We bathed last night," Delilah recalled, and Mab looked at her with a smile. She stood up and walked to the bath, a hand on her baby bump.

The sword didn't say anything. Leff got up and started dressing.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 10:00 AM
"Pffft, as if I don't take at least two baths each day when I'm here" Sirthis said following after Mab with a smile.
Eris put it down and got dressing herself, putting on the new shiny armor.
"Gloriana explained to me the story of the sword. Black Ice was a warlock called Lucius who made a pact with Mefistofeles to have the power to stop an horde of demons- on death, he became a sword that could manifest his original body. But after the horde was defeated, the devil claimed him and Lucius ran, exhausting his power until the sword fell dormant" she took a deep breath "Let's be vigilant when we fight demons. When the sword finished awakening... Lucius might manifest, instead of being a 'simple' sentient weapon. And he could have been a good guy forced to make a pact to protect his world, in which case all good, or an evil guy that ran away from the consequences. That's... All I could discover actually. Gloriana had to leave before I could ak about your people's story... Though I don't think she'd have told me. Yet. Every time her wings are mentioned... She looks really in pain" she finished putting her armor on.
"Yeah, that's all I discovered. Next step is breakfast!"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 10:47 AM
Delilah followed in after a nod from Lorraine.
"I hope you will be able to get used to it," Mab said to sirthis.

Leff nodded. "If the story of the raven is a metaphor for her... yes, I suppose she'd be hurt by the memory." She followed Eris to breakfast, which had steamed carrots served alongside cinnamon-flavored oatmeal with toast to go with.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 11:26 AM
"I seem to have settled pretty good haven't I?" Sirthis noted. He was dutifully washing people off (and only that for once) like the good attendant he was. First Mab.
"All the notable people I connected to have been calling me Sirthis instead of milord, and... Alright, I don't think the archfeys know me a whole lot. But Hyrsam's a friend, and Stelus at least approves of me. And the other two Queens seems to appreciate me, to some degree" he shoot a glance at Delilah, to tell her to not add anything. He didn't want Mab to know about meeting Oberon until he knew what exactly went on according to fey laws. Last thing Sirthis wanted was Mab getting angry at her sister's Consort.
"Feywild's already my home, here with you. And with time I should be able to explore all of it"
"Mmm... What a nice smell" Eris said, taking two seats for them "So... Before leaving, we need to get Aklah and put her armor on, and we should see about that saddle... And we need to give Aldora back the book? Or are we to give it back when we come back?" she asked, the tiefling only having the vague impression that it was not a comic book.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 11:43 AM
Mab didn't have much to say to that, and instead settled for a long kiss.
"Ew, gross," Lorraine said. "Love."

"It'll take a few days to read the whole thing," Leff answered. "So I'll just have to be real careful about not losing it on our trip." She ate a bite of the oatmeal, surprised at the flavor the simple-looking food had.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 11:54 AM
"Pffft, you only say it because I got the beauty elemental Queen first" Sirthis said after the kiss, but otherwise kept on washing until they were ready to leave.
"Alright" Eris said, taking a large serving of... Literally everything. She made a nice mountain of food on her plate, stacked with no real thought given to what went well on what.
"My tiredness after the demon fight finally ended, so I need to stuff myself full!" she declared, eyes tingling.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 12:16 PM
Lorraine smiled. "Maaaaaybe," she said, following Mab to breakfast, which quieted down as she sat, but not to complete silence. She took her meal at the head of the table and insisted the bards sit with her.

"I... yeah, eat well." Leff accepted Eris's explanation, noting that the queen and three bards had been seated. "This place has really loosened up, hasn't it?"

Valmark
2020-09-11, 12:23 PM
Sirthis obviously complied- he wouldn't have chosen otherwise anyway. He respectfully waited for Mab to declare the start of the breakfast, setting a goblet aside for when he'd call Alown.
"Yup. I get the feeling it's partly the Consort's work" Eris whispered to Leff "Literally, since Nona puts him to work with ease. I really like it around here"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 12:35 PM
Mab did not declare that breakfast was starting, as many had already started eating. She simply took a sip from her goblet and looked to Sirthis expectantly.

Leff smiled. "I do, too." But she continued. "I'll like our place better, though."

Valmark
2020-09-11, 01:00 PM
"I totally spoiled you" Sirthis said, taking the cutlery to feed Mab with an happy smile.
"By the by, I was curious about something... Say aaaah" he offered the piece of food lowering his voice "You have two parents, right? You know, the required amount to be born conventionally. Who's the other?" he asked.
"Same. With our binded fire elementals payed in booze to heat up our tub" Eris said, and dove into her food like Aklah did on a live animal. Using fork and knife though.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 01:09 PM
"Hm?" Mab asked, taking the offered bite. "No, just Titania. She did not have a consort for any of the time she was alive."
"That's... okay," Leff decided, eating some. "I can heat up a tub," she said.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 01:33 PM
Sirthis looked confused for a second.
"How... Does a nymph make a child with herself?" he asked.
Eris looked at her.
"If you're occupied in the tub with me, how are you heating up the tub? Think you can keep concentration?" she went back to the food.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 01:40 PM
Mab shrugged. "I never asked. I've never managed it myself, but then I've never tried." She kissed Sirthis. "I've always preferred the way we used," she said, resting a hand on Clephesia.

"I would just..." Leff held up a flame in her hand. "Put one of these in the water whenever it started cooling down."

Valmark
2020-09-11, 02:01 PM
"On that, I agree" Sirthis nodded, taking the kiss. Though he was strongly doubting Mab's words. And was re-evaluating Malyanna's words, as he kept feeding Mab and himself.
"Uh-uh. Assuming you can use your hands" Eris pointed out.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 02:12 PM
"Why do you ask?" Mab asked, curious.

"I... yes, I am assuming that." Leff said.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 03:18 PM
""Mmm... Just curiosity. I only heard talk about your mother after all" Sirthis said, non committally "Though now I'm liable of making weird dreams abouth self-procreating nymphs"
"After last night, you probably shouldn't assume that at any given moment" Eris whispered leaning closer and giving Leff a kiss.
"We'll totally have a room dedicated to that"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 03:29 PM
Leff trembled against Eris's lips as breakfast came to a close, and the group assembled before Mab's throne.
"Now, there was some request to be made of me?" Mab asked, keeping one hand on Sirthis's knee.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 03:39 PM
"Mmm to bring us back where we were, love" Sirthis said, putting his hand on Mab's.
"If you'd accept... Otherwise it'll take us several days to go back there" Eris added, nodding.
"Which would increase the time I'm away, I might add. If you could bring us closer to our goal would be great, but this might be stretching it. Plus I don't know where the duergars are"

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 03:45 PM
"They're in Gracklestugh," Delilah answered.
"Gracklestugh... yes, I suppose I could..." she looked to Sirthis. "But you'd have to convince me."

Valmark
2020-09-11, 04:18 PM
"Pleeeeease" Sirthis smiled and leaned over giving Mab a kiss.
"When I come back we'll go out on a ride under the stars with Briar, me and you. And I'll be at your beck and call for days, if not weeks. No teasing, no waiting"
Eris felt pretty happy that she couldn't understand Sylvan, for some reason.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 04:50 PM
Mab looked to Briar and smiled. She stood.
“Very well, everyone gather near.” And in a moment they were in a grand dwarves city built on the edge of a massive black lake, standing on the docks.
“It is best if you approach the walls yourselves. Goodbye, husband,” Mab said, and pulled Sirthis in for a long kiss.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 04:55 PM
'See you soon, wife" Sirthis mumbled into the kiss.
Eris looked on at the city.
"Thank you, Queen Mab. Delilah, Oraan, is there anything we should know before heading in?" Eris asked them, while double-checking for Aklah's new armor to be properly on.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 08:23 PM
Mab took another quick kiss and then vanished, leaving behind the scent of pine needles.

“It’s pretty strict and mistrustful. The city guard can turn invisible and often do,” Delilah answered.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 08:53 PM
"Well, good thing we don't really have to stay long. Think they know where the Crossing is? It's about time we start worrying about that" Sirthis said, casting Tongues on himself. He also Sent.
Are you Mab's mother? Actual mother, with all the implied fun stuff with Titania? What Malyanna said, how you talked about Mab... It seems plausible.
Eris used Tongues too.
"Let's go then" she said, leading the group towards whatever gates into the city proper she could see.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:04 PM
I assure you, I have never refused a beauty elemental. But Titania did not wish for her daughters to know, and I have respected that.

"Crossings in the Underdark will probably lead either to the Feydark or Shadowfell," Delilah said as she approached the gates. They were stopped by two heavily-armed duergar who appeared out of nowhere.
"State your business in Gracklestugh," they demanded in Undercommon.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:17 PM
Not saying anything if Titania didn't want to. Though I have several follow up question with which I'll pester you when I come visit, Step-grandmother.

Sirthis chuckled by himself.
"We seek a bugbear and an ork named Magri'kaar and Taash Akan. We're accompanying their two friends" Eris gestured to Delilah and Oraan.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:22 PM
I am of course willing to hear any questions you may have.

"A hobgoblin and Bugbear," Delilah corrected Sirthis.
They spoke to one another in Dwarvish, saying, "the ones facing the Morbuzakh?" The other nodded, and the first spoke tersely; "They are busy. You will have to come back later."

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:26 PM
"...what's the Morbuzakh?" Eris asked.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:30 PM
The dwarves stiffened, and were about to answer when twisting green vines shot out of the ground toward the dwarves, flailing with power.

Surprise! Does Eris want to rage?
Morbuzakh Vines: [roll0]all +4
Leff: [roll1]
Delilah: [roll2]
Oraan: [roll3]
[roll]

Valmark
2020-09-11, 09:36 PM
"Oh, right off the bat!?" Eris yelled unsheating Black Lucius. Lucice?

Always.

[roll0] Adv. [roll1] Eris
[roll2] Aklah
[roll3] Sirthis
[roll4] Hoket

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 09:48 PM
Sirthis
Delilah
1 Vine
Eris
2 Vines
Leff
3 Vines
Hoket
Oraan

A vine swung at Eris, but she felt her armor bless her with speed and it failed to find any purchase on her.

Eris is up.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 10:02 PM
Eris looked down at the vine, confused.
"...gardening time!" she shrugged and slashed down.

Rage and attack, Eris will move to engage as many vines as possible to trigger Sentinel Strike.

19 to hit, 17 damage
31 to hit, 23 damage
25 to hit, 23 damage

If the vines dies early she'll move and attack another one of course.

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 10:08 PM
With three flashes of black steel, the vine fell to the ground in pieces. Two of the vines wrapped around The guards, squeezing them and crushing their spines. The other three whacked at Eris, but she avoided two of them. The last, however, slammed her into the ground and wrapped around her chest, lifting her into the air with incredible strength.

The guards are dead but Eris can Sentinel strike one of the vines that killed them. Two of the vines missed her, but the third grapples her, restrains her, and deals 24 bludgeoning damage to her.

Valmark
2020-09-11, 10:33 PM
Eris whiffed big time.
Natural 1.

Sirthis opened up portals, snakes slinking towards the vines to force them into a coil fight or biting them with venomous fangs.

First, Constrictor Snakes. Splitting targets.
10 to hit, 10 damage
9 to hit, 8 damage
7 to hit, 10 damage
18 to hit, 8 damage.

Anything that gets hit is auto grappled and Restrained (DC 14).

In theory the poisonous snakes would benefit from advantage on Restrained enemies, but they all rolled better on the first die so doesn't matter. Attacking the wounded ones mainly.
Crit for 9 damage, DC 11 Con save to halve 21 poison damage.
20 to hit, 5 damage + DC 11 Con save to halve 13 poison damage
18 to hit, 6 damage + DC 11 Con save to halve 14 poison damage
22 to hit, 8 damage + DC 11 Con save to halve 11 poison damage

Oh right, Conjure Animals.

Eris raised an eyebrow at the vine coiled around her.
"Wh- Hey! This is my schtick!" Eris yelled and cut down.

Attacking with Fighting Spirit to negate disadvantage.

25 to hit, 20 damage
27 to hit, 20 damage
14 to hit, 15 damage

Xihirli
2020-09-11, 11:17 PM
The snakes attacked the vines, but only one was restrained and it was not felled by the bites, seemingly unaffected by poison. However, Eris's swipes, though only two connected, sliced the vine holding her nearly in half, though its grip continued
Delilah climbed onto Peggy's back and the Pegasus pulled her out of reach of the vines. She aimed at the cluster of vines and snakes. "Sorry!" she shouted to Sirthis, and released her explosion of pink glitter all over the melee. Sadly, only two of the vines got any substantial amount on them, while more snakes were sparkly and pink.
The vines whipped out toward Leff and Sirthis as if detecting their magic, but the snakes and Eris held them back.
Leff reached into her component pouch and pulled out a vial of bat feces. "Kahör Ahash!" she roared, and in a spiral of flame that skillfully wrapped around her allies, two of the vines, including the one gripping Eris, burning to a crisp. The remaining plants were easy pickings.

They're really no threat at this point, Sirthis takes 32 bludgeoning damage and Leff takes some too. Cinematic.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:07 AM
"...couldn't you have made Eris all glittery and pink too Lilah? I would have laughed so much" Sirthis snickered, and Eris snarled at him.
"She's clearly smarter then you then" she said and turned towards the city shouting: "Hey! We just got attacked by vines! Two of your guards got attacked too! Anybody there?" she yelled, then turned to Leff "Unlikely, but can you check if those guards are alright?"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 08:58 AM
Leff briefly examined the bodies.
“Oh, they’re dead. The spines are twisted.”
Two more armored duergar appeared, one of them approaching the corpses while the other approached Eris. “You all destroyed these vines?”

Valmark
2020-09-12, 09:06 AM
"Yes" Eris said "We were negotiating a way to gain entry to the city, when we got attacked"
"We dispatched them rather easily, I might add"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 09:13 AM
"Come with me," the duergar said, and turned in toward the city.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 09:24 AM
"Turns out, having the green thumb helps entering cities" Sirthis mused following the duergar.
"We set them on fire, cut them up and covered them in pink glitter"
"Yup"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 09:43 AM
The dwarf led them through a full, but not exactly bustling city hewn from the ground, with shops of all sorts under heavy watch. Eventually they were taken to what might have been a shack if it weren't made of stone, where a hobgoblin and bugbear were looking over a map with the city, with notes in Goblin scribbled all over it.
"Assistants," the dwarf said to them, and the bugbear rushed up to grip Delilah and Oraan with a hug. The hobgoblin eyed Sirthis and the others distrustfully. "Who's this, then?" he asked.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 09:49 AM
"The ones that brought back from the Feywild your friends and wiped out from Toril Demogorgon, Eltab and their demon army for starters. The name's Sirthis Elvaninn" Sirthis made a victory sign.
"Eris Lelahinn, Leflabah Lelahinn, Aklah, Hoket" Eris presented the rest "You must be Magri'kaar and Taash Akan. We were told you are facing the Morbuzakh- is that the vines that attacked us outside?"
"Oh, the pegasi are Briar and Penny"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 10:13 AM
"And Peggy," Delilah corrected.
"Yes, that is the Morbuzakh. A twisted experiment created by the Mind Flayers to conquer Gracklestugh," Magri'kaar answered.
"'Maranger," Taash greeted. She held out a hand to Eris. "Pleased t'meetyou," she said quietly and meekly.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 10:35 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry" Eris apologized after Delilah's correction, and shook Taash's hand gently "Pleased to meet you"
"So, does this thing have a body we can burn or are there just lots of vines?" Sirthis asked looking at the map.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 10:50 AM
Magri'kaar indicated a massive forge on a map. "The root of the problem has taken over the city's forges, and are traveling through the sewage system. With Delilah and Oraan, I believe we have the necessary firepower to destroy the plant. Thank you for delivering them," he said to Sirthis as if he were a tavern wench.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 10:54 AM
Sirthis blinked.
"Geez, you must be the face of the party" he said scoffing "Let's go to the forge then. Or are there problems on the way? Besides vines I mean"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 10:59 AM
"Your assistance is unnecessary and unwanted," Magri'kaar said shortly.
"Magri," Delilah said. "I can vouch for them. Let them help."
The hobgoblin gritted his teeth. "I do not trust as you do."
"Do they look like mind flayers? Come on, Magri."
The hobgoblin began a silent march toward the forge.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 11:07 AM
"Not like you had a choice. You can't tell the tiefling and the genasi that you have a problem and expect them not to butt in" Sirthis said hopping after the hobgoblin whistling a tune.
"Magri'kaar, you can hit him if you want. I do"
Sirthis hopped a bit farther from the hobgoblin and Eris. He kept whistling his tune.

Pre-hemptive Perception checks!
[roll0] Sirthis
[roll1] Aklah
[roll2] Eris
[roll3] Hoket

On the way, Sirthis remembered to Darkvision and Death Ward Hoket.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 11:19 AM
They followed the burning rail down the roads to where the dwellings were increasingly overrun with vines, which as they traveled became less of a green and more of an orange. With their eyes turned toward the vines and their eyes alert, they were able to stop any encroaching vines from attacking them.
They came upon a great steel door finally. "The forge is behind there," Magri'kaar said. And then they heard a whisper in their minds.

Turn back, the whisper sounded like a crackle of fire. I will claim this place as my own. Those who ssssurvive can ssserve the Morbuzakh, or perisssh.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 11:24 AM
"Pfffft, I don't listen to gods, I'm surely going to listen to an overgrown potted plant"
Eris unsheated her greatsword.
"Something will perish alright" and kicked the door.

Both their bodies covered in ice, and Briar's too. A whip appeared into existence.

Armor of Agathys lv. 5 for Eris and lv. 3 for Sirthis. Lv. 4 Spiritual Weapon too.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 11:52 AM
Leff suited up as well, clothing herself in golden fire, with a blue layer underneath. She then fortified those around her with a burst of white fire.

Aid LVL 4, Eris, Leff, and Sirthis gain 15 HP.

Eris's kick caused the doors to shake, and a second kick brought them crashing to the ground, exposing a massive vined creature wrapped around a hot forge, but the slithing, crackling voice was emanating from inside the forge that was built to melt down adamantine.

You have made a poor decision, the crackling said.

initiative
Morbuzakh Mass A: [roll0]
Morbuzakh Mass B: [roll1]
Morbuzakh Mass C: [roll2]

Oraan: [roll3]
Delilah:[roll4]
Leff: [roll5]
Magri'kaar: [roll6]
Taash: [roll7]

Huh. Why do I do this to myself?

Valmark
2020-09-12, 11:57 AM
"Said the disembodied plant that likes to sleep in a forge" Sirthis shrugged.
"Maybe normal fire won't cut it!" Eris advised her favorite pyromancer. Who was smart enough to see for herself, but nevermind that.
Sirthis [roll0]
Eris [roll1] adv. [roll2]
Hoket [roll3]
Aklah [roll4]
Briar [roll5]

Valmark
2020-09-12, 12:25 PM
Sirthis jumped on Briar, telling her to take flight while Sirthis held up his hand towards the furnace and the vines around it.
"Let's clean up some stuff, right? Tempestous Pool Of Water, Maelstrom!" he chanted in Druidic and water washed over the plants seemingly from out of nowhere, threatening to rip those on the ground out and away.
Flying pretty high as long as Sirthis remains within 120 feet from the furnace, Briar as a controlled mount. Yeah, it was pointless to roll for Initiative for her.

25 bludgeoning damage, Strenght save DC 17 to not be pulled 10 ft. Towards the center. As long as it is present it's difficult terrain, aiming it to clear up the path to the furnace as much as possible. If any ally would walk on it Sirthis will end Concentration.

Briar will Dodge.
"I'll remove it when needed so walk freely!

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 01:09 PM
As Briar flew, a vine reached up and snatched one of her wings, holding the flying horse and crushing at her delicate flight bones. Held still in that manner, another vine swiped up from the left-most mass and crashed into the Pegasus, though it reeled back with a hiss generating from the root as it was coated in ice. It burnsssss, the root cried. You sssssshall pay! And the furnace brightened. Fire leapt from the furnace, traveling along the vines up the one holding Briar. The vine unleashed three spurts of angry red flame at Briar and her rider, burning at them in fury.
Oraan sprung at the left-most mass that had been chilled by Briar's coat of icy protection and brought his hammer down on one vine, then again, but hit a vine that was already dead. He swore in Dwarvish and hit the same vine with his next strike. You fight in vain, dwarf. The underground will belong to the Morbuzakh! And the vine that the dwarf had hit twisted around him, crushing at him through his armor despite the magical force protecting him. Another vine whacked him, but a third actually was blocked by Oraan's armor and Shield. The vine holding him threw him at Sirthis, after which the Dwarf fell to the ground in a cluster of vines over around the Right-most cluster.
That cluster ignored the dwarf, however, and started wailing on the tiefling. A vine snaked around her, holding her still for two other vines to batter her, thrashing against her with great strength. For a plant, at any rate.

Briar damage: 19 bludgeoning+17 bludgeoning+19 fire (halved by DC 23 DEX save)
Sirthis damage: 49 fire damage (halved same way) + 18 bludgeoning if he fails a DC 18 DEX save.
Oraan Damage: 27+24. 27... misses him when he uses Shield now. So that's a thing. So 51+ 18 bludgeoning.
Eris Damage: 23 bludgeoning+23bludgeoning+18 Bludgeoning. She is also Grappled and Restrained.

Eris is up.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 01:46 PM
When a vine struck Eris, flames reached out from her washing over the vine, doing... Nothing.
"Yup! Fire's useless!" she said, then brandished her weapon and started cutting whatever she found while Sirthis tried uselessly to shield her while Aklah tried to free her mother and Hoket summoned Môtëk to free not his mother.
Hellish Rebuke wasted, Sirthis wasted Cutting Words.

Rage, Reckless Attack, Action Surge.
24 to hit, 20 damage
30 to hit, 23 damage
28 to hit, 21 damage
22 to hit, 18 damage
30 to hit, 19 damage
29 to hit, 17 damage

Aklah will gnaw at the vines that are holding Eris.
19 to hit, 13 damage
15 to hit, 14 damage

Hoket conjured Môtëk to do the same, but whiffed.

Armor of Agathyses are all gone, as already said they dealt 40 and 50 cold damage respectively.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 02:34 PM
You dare to... Aklah ripped the vine holding her mother in half and the Morbuzakh hissed, instantly grabbing Eris with another vine. Magri'kaar put a hand on Taash's shoulder, and suddenly the Bugbear was invisible.
Ha! Running away, fool!?
An arrow shot from a space thirty feet away from Magri and sank into a vine in the center of the mass that Eris had been hacking at. A root burst and liquid started spraying out of the orange plant, dousing the whole section of the room on fire as the plant exploded in Eris and Aklah's faces.
Delilah's belt of daggers came to life and flew at the remaining plant taking up the left side of the forge, digging and stabbing into it wherever the twelve daggers could find purchase.
Leff looked up at the furnace, took a deep breath, and appeared inside of it, gritting her teeth through the pain as fire went at her flesh, but her own white blaze came up to fight off the heat as her golden light washed over the root. YOU... YOU INSECT!

Damage:
Eris takes 20 bl and is grappled/restrained again.
2 daggers die!
Leff takes 14 fire already with resistance!
Root's at 17 damage right now.
Taash Akhan, the ranger, Sneak Attacked the one holding Eris and killed it. Eris is free. But as the plant explodes she and Aklah take [roll0] fire damage, DC 18 DEX to halve.
Sirthis's go!

Valmark
2020-09-12, 02:56 PM
"This thing just keeps talking inside our heads... Hey, potted plant! Virulent Headache!"! Sirthis chanted and rose petals flew from his hands, spreading through the vines... Then a shars of light started buoncing through the petals, sizziling the vines and spreading along the hivemind.

Both Aklah and Eris fail the save, though they halve it by default.

DC 17 Int save to halve 31 psychic damage, if failed also subtract 1d6 from attack rolls and ability checks for a minute, repeat save at the end of the turn.

Spiritual weapon strikes Mass... B? A? The one alive not at the center.
15 to hit, 14 force damage

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 03:18 PM
Oraan, who had fallen in the plant mass that had exploded, wasn't looking too hot, but he dusted himself off and ran to the other plant mass. Three vines went at him, but only the final one got past his defenses as the vines were shaken by Sirthis's spell. Then he was lifted up and thrown into Briar before falling to the ground.

Potted... you...! The root said, then wailed as the golden fire surrounding Leff burned it. You... your fire hurts! How does your fire hurt!
"That's a good question, since yours doesn't," Leff said, only wincing at the veritable inferno funneling in on her. "But I see no reason to give you pointers."

Briar takes 24 Bludgeoning damage. Oraan isn't looking great. It's Eris's turn.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 03:44 PM
"Ha! That's m- nevermind, I'll break your concentration later!" Eris giggled as her, Aklah and Môtëk ran to snap more vines- meanwhile, Hoket conjured a tsunami to wipe away some more radishes and carrots.

Eris hits for 15, 21 and 17 damage (rolled 15, 17 and 29 on hit rolls) on the closest mass using Fighting Spirit, and Aklah hits with 24 and 16 for 13 damage each the same target.
Aklah also uses Second Wind to recover 3 hp.

Môtëk whiffs.

Holet will use Tidal Wave to hit both masses, Str save DC 15 to halve 14 bludgeoning damage.

Eris ran Lucius through the vines, running as she spinned and cut large chunks of plants with the greatsword letting them fall on the floor- The Maul's laugh echoing.
Wait, the Maul was dead. No, it was Eris that was laughing happily slaying living plants like they were bushes.
"This Morduzakh is basically nothing more then a bratty jungle! Or Morbuzakh, whatever, it's dying anyway!"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 04:20 PM
Delilah's daggers joined Aklah in their attacks on the final Morbuzakh cluster, but it was an arrow from an invisible location that fired into the vines, bounced off the wall, shot through the vines again, and then did so one last time that caused the Morbuzakh's juice to spill out and explode, as Eris's Morbuzakh did the same thing.

The root, alone in the furnace, fumed. FROM THE HEAT I SHALL GROW! FROM THE HEAT I SHALL BURN ANEW WHEN
"Hey," Leff said, holding out both hands within the roaring fire. I... WHAT!?
"Heat isn't the only way to burn." And blue fire erupted from her hands, slamming into the root and hitting the thick glass-like substance that they did not know was around the forge as the entire furnace froze over, the fire running through the Morbuzakh's corpse slowly died, and the burning oil lighting the city went out as the source of the city's fire was frozen solid.
After a few moments, Leff appeared in a shower of sparks outside of the furnace. "It's dead," she said matter-of-factly. She looked around. "Is everyone okay?"

Eris will be able to halve [roll0] from her Morbuzakh stalk at DC 18.
Delilah's daggers die.
Aklah will need to do the same with hers. [roll1]

Valmark
2020-09-12, 04:32 PM
Sirthis brought Briar down, stroking her mane.
"Your help is unneeded and unwelcomed" he said in a voice that could have been Magri'kaar's only if somebody had slammed a door shut on his family jewels "Briar may need help. Everybody, double check there is not a single fragment inserted in a wall or something like that, plants can regrow from whatever part of their body. Kind of, anyway" he said dismounting and stroking the pegasus' mane- he was already spreading light on them both.
You were perfect, Briar.
Eris ran and bear-hugged Leff, giving her a full kiss.
"You're always so damn cool. Oh, before I was going to say that you're my woman and then something regarding the inability of somebody else trying to make you hot" she whispered the last part, since it was personal.
"Speaking of burning, me and Aklah aren't too fresh. Oraan got slammed around a good bit too"

Eris and Aklah aren't going down even on a fail.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sirthis will take care of his own pet army: [roll2]&[roll3]

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 04:43 PM
Leff smiled and looked down at her own somewhat charred form. "Yeah, I'm not doing quite as well as I pretended, either," she confessed, and exploded into white fire.

Order of Priority: Aklah, Eris, Leff
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Second one, to top them off and also get Oraan.

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

The white fire receded into Leff's wounds after healing up Oraan and her family, and helping out anyone else who came close, but at the end she smiled apologetically at Eris. "I didn't get to pick what I was and wasn't healing," she explained.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 04:51 PM
Briar whinnied and stamped her hooves. As my father before me, I will not fear any creature, she thought to Sirthis.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 04:53 PM
Eris blinked and passed an arm around Leff's shoulder, all smiles as her nails grazed the genasi's neck.
I'll make new ones, then.
"So... Uhm. We should go tell the duergars that the lights haven't gone off for a bad thing" Sirthis said, flying outside on his own power to check how it was going.
And we'll defeat all of them.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 04:57 PM
Magri'kaar had only been concerning himself with the destruction of the plant, but laughed at Sirthis. "If you are a simpleton, perhaps that would be the next step!" He said. "This is why we did not need your help."
Taash blinked into place. Like a ranger. "Why, what'swrong?" she asked quietly.
"The duergar will be taking this as an excuse to kill us now," Magri'kaar answered. "Rather than speaking to them, we must leave this city immediately!"
"But we were nice," Taash said meekly.
"Nice!" The hobgoblin laughed. "We are powerful, and they fear us! Nice has nothing to do with it!"

Leff pulled her eyes away from Eris with difficutly. "Sirthis, we can teleport out of here, right?"

Valmark
2020-09-12, 05:05 PM
"Why don't we simply walk out? If anybody threatens us we beat them up"
"Wh- We will not kill the close-minded duergars we just saved!" Eris said.
"Fine. Yes, we can teleport out of here if we want to listen to the cowardly one- but uh..." Sirthis looked at Leflabah "It'll take several travels with Dimensional Door and Aklah, Briar and Peggy will have to fly away. Or do you want to teleport all the way to Baldur's Gate with the Circle? Or to whatever the desert city was called"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 05:45 PM
”Baldur’s Gate,” Leff answered. “And then I can take us to Calim and we can travel to Abeir through there. We’ll be close enough to consider accepting the help of Takadox, as well, if indeed we want to.”
“What’s in Baldur’s Gate?” Magri’kaar asked.
“Mind flayer Aboleth stuff.”
“That sounds weak.”
“Then it shouldn't be a problem for you,” Delilah said.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 05:59 PM
Sirthis sighed, starting to make the Circle.
"Fine. Maggy, I'll count on you to guard the door. When the portal opens you all need to jump in immediately because it lasts only a few seconds"
Eris would have wanted to reprimand Sirthis, but to be fair... She was kinda disliking Magri's umpleasantness too, though she wasn't trying to purposefully provoke him. She put a hand on Taash's shoulder.
"That shot from before was awesome by the way"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 06:23 PM
Magri’kaar grimaced but attended to the door.
“Thank you. They teach you that b’fore you c’n be a Ranger.”

Valmark
2020-09-12, 06:32 PM
ºAnd we've started getting under his skinº Sirthis thought to himself with a chuckle.
Eris blinked and thought of Jade. Then of Snake.
"Uh. That's cool" she said, looking confused for a second but not asking.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 06:49 PM
Leff motioned Magri’kaar back. ”It’s ready. Come on.” As the minute of casting ended.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 06:52 PM
"Opening the PPLD now!" Sirthis said as the portal opened "Briar, with me!" and jumped through to Baldur's Gate, fully expecting a sudden ambush by duergars.
Eris picked up Leff in her arms and jumped into it.
"Aklah! Come!" she yelled motioning with her tail- it wasn't the first time the wyvern used it.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:03 PM
With a wild sprint, they found themselves back at customs in the travel district of Baldur’s Gate in the dead of night. They were soon approached by a member of the Watch. “We need your names and-”
”We’re just here to drop them off. Myself, my wife, my daughter, and he,” Leff nodded to Sirthis. ”Are happy to get out of your way and off to the Calim desert.” At a nod, Leff took out some chalk and started drawing a new circle.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:14 PM
Sirthis hugged Delilah.
"I'll contact you with Sending or a Scry to double check it wasn't a trap when we come back from Abeir" he told her "Since I don't know what of my magic will work if any"
"I'm sure that with Titania's gift nobody will defeat them" and then she laughed.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:21 PM
Delilah roller her eyes and gave Sirthis a parting kiss. “I hope to see you and your wife again,” she said, and began keeping Magri’kaar from talking to the Watch.
”Ready!” Leff called, pointing to the circle of sparks.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:25 PM
"Always welcome at the Fortress! Even Taash and Meggy!" Sirthis said before disappearing into the portal with Briar, Chocolate and Hoket.
"I'm... Actually happy we aren't adventuring with Magri" Eris whispered to Leff concerned before leading Aklah inside.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:31 PM
Leff nodded a silent agreement and followed.
And then the party was in a massive antechamber, in a sand-filled room filled with statues of animal-headed figures, worn by dust. It was an empty temple. ”Welcome to the Calim Empire.”

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:37 PM
"What the..." Sirthis looked around "This isn't what I expected"
"Neither did I, honestly. I'm guessing these are ruins of a temple?" Eris asked Leff "Do you know where to go from here?"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:41 PM
”No, but we’re at a landmark. Can you ask Aldora which way to Abeir?” Leff asked. She lifted a flame in her hand, lighting the temple.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:45 PM
"I can try" Sirthis said Sending.
Morning. Leflabah says that this temple of the Calim Empire is a landmark. Can you point out the way to Abeir from here?

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:47 PM
Give me an hour and then read me some of the carvings, and I can.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 07:53 PM
"Says to give her an hour and then read her some carvings" Sirthis said.
"...yeah I trust the two of you can read the stuff without my help" Eris says taking the chance to get some rest after the fight together with Aklah.

Eris and Aklah will take a short rest to recover the various short rest stuff. Probably Sirthis too.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 07:59 PM
Leff chanted out Comprehend Languages and traced her hand along the glyphs. “It’s a mortuary temple of the first Empress of the Calim Empire, Gathentun,” Leff relayed, then sat next to Eris. “And there’s a lot of detailed history of how she received the mandate to rule from the gods, but that’s not important.”

Valmark
2020-09-12, 08:02 PM
"Can you say it anyway since we gotta wait an hour?" Sirthis asked sitting down to rest up "I can't read it on my own, and I don't have that spell"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 08:31 PM
Leff shrugged.
“Well, the Calim Empire’s pantheon has been through several Overgods, but there’s nothing that clearly shows their gods are real. The most recent was their sky god, who blessed the Queen. Allegedly,” Leff said.
“We were never a fan of Calim.”

Valmark
2020-09-12, 08:37 PM
"I bet, with the whole 'Oh look at me, a god said I'm beautiful'" Eris noted."I see" Sirthis carefully avoided to address that, waiting for the hour to go by before Sending.

Mortuary temple of the first empress of the Calim Empire, Gathentun. Would that be enough?

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 08:46 PM
Ah, yes. You’ll want to move East by four miles and look for the obelisk.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 08:53 PM
"Four miles East and look for the obelisk" Sirthis said, standing up and using his earring.

If you see Aldora can you thank her? I'm not exactly in the position to use a spell for it. Also, we killed an evil potted plant. I don't think that will make for a good song.
Eris stood, stretching.
"Alright, let's head out. Since Briar doesn't have a saddle she can't be rode for long, so can you make us horses Hoket and Leff?" she asked.
"That was a rather big oversight on my side"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 08:54 PM
Hoket and Leff got out their spellbooks and got to work. Aklah sniffed the air a few times and whined at Eris.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 09:16 PM
Eris unsheated her greatsword.
"Tulgither?" she called "Carapax? Takadox? Literally anybody that should announce themselves before approaching?"
"I can't say that's reassuring" Sirthis said, sending an invisible Chocolate outside to check what Aklah sniffed.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 09:18 PM
Chocolate saw that the younger blue dragon was approaching. Carapar, yes.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 09:35 PM
Chocolate came back, Sirthis thought he was a goner but Chocolate came back, he just couldn't stay away.
Quote!
"It's Takadox's son" Sirthis said.
"Alright" Eris sheated her weapon, petting Aklah to soothe her while waiting for Carapax to presumably visit them.

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 09:39 PM
Carapar crashed through the wall, landing on the temple floor with a crash of stones. Aklah growled, and the dragon growled back.

Valmark
2020-09-12, 11:09 PM
"...there is a door!" Eris exclaimed holding Aklah back and calming her down.
"To what do we owe this meeting? And hi Carapax"

Xihirli
2020-09-12, 11:21 PM
"Carapar," the dragon said. It then spoke only in Draconic. "My mother is pleased to see you back. We trust that you have found a way to her home."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 04:59 AM
Eris blinked, ignorant.
Sirthis nodded.
"Yes- kind of. We've red of several and were told where is the nearest, but we've yet to go there and use it. We were going to do that next"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 07:19 AM
Carapar lifted his wings and flew. He flew up to the hole he’d made already, then went right past it and smashed a new one, causing desert moonlight to fill the temple.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 07:47 AM
"...I have no idea what just happened" Eris said simply.
"They were searching for a way home, that might be it. If they have a way to move the hoard, that is. Needless to say, let's stay alert... so, why blue dragons hate temple ceilings?"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:28 AM
"Do we really want Takadox's help?" Leff asked.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:37 AM
"I was under the impression that Takadox wanted our help to beat Tatohrak" Eris mused "Not viceversa. We aren't going there to defeat the tyrant or whatever he is... Not yet anyway. So I don't really know what he wanted from us, since he flew away without further word. Unless they were seeking a passage in general, which I thought they already knew. I'm... Honestly pretty confused"she shrugged.

"To sum up all that... No, we don't. But it's useful, and on our own we probably can't deal with either... Yet. Right now we don't need it"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:39 AM
Leff looked up in the hole in the ceiling through which the dragon had flown. "Well. We'd better hurry, then."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:45 AM
"How ready are the horses? Should we just leg it?" Eris asked.
"I can turn into an eagle to carry Hoket while you fly on Aklah if it takes too long for the Steeds to be ready. The overall speed is going to be the same anyway, since I'd fly as fast as Aklah"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:51 AM
"Nowhere near," Leff answered. She climbed onto Aklah's back. "Promise not to try to kill any dragons before we're ready, girl?" she said to Aklah, who looked around when she said "Dragon."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:59 AM
Eris climbed after her.
"Out of all the words she could have learnt"
Sirthis turned into Sirtagle, shrieked at Hoket, and when they were ready... Looked at Leff.
"Alright, let's head East! Which... Uh... Leff, I trust you to lead us since you can read the stars"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:05 AM
"Uh... great, yeah I can figure out which way north is." She put out a hand toward the sky, then pointed again ninety degrees to the right. "East is that way," she said.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 09:14 AM
"Alright then! That way Aklah!" Eris said, spurring the wyvern to the direction Leff pointed at closely followed by Sirtagle and Briar (with Hoket and Chocolate on the eagle's back)

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:34 AM
They traveled until they came upon a long obelisk, tilted in the sand and pointing up toward the moon.
"Some of the sand under it probably collapsed, which is why it's tilted," Leff said. Then she looked up. "And here we are." For the sky was steel-colored, even in the night.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:00 AM
Eris' gears took a second to click in place.
"Wh- just like that? No doors, no nothing?" she looked around surprised "Wow, alright. First order of business, we should scout for a safe place. We need to know precisely what magic if any doesn't work at all, and we need to understand where exactly are we- as close as it gets, anyway. And maybe if its night we should find a place to rest, though..." she frowned "I'm not sure if we should travel with the favor of the night or during daylight. Anyway, everybody look out for a place to stop at"
Sirthis shrieked, claiming Eris' attention and causing her to use her Beast Speech in order to chime in.
"The books said that magic works better near the Crossing- so we should find one that isn't close to here to make decent tests. Also, we should head towards the East at the moment... Unsure though how are we positioned geographically at the moment"
"Alright, what he said. Not too near this Crossing or magic might work better then we think"
Survival?
Sirthis [roll0]
Eris [roll1]
Hoket [roll2]

Aklah, since I don't think you can have the thought process "find a safe spot to land far away from the obelisk" make a perception check:
[roll3]

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:07 AM
They were in a desert, so it was hard for even Sirthis to pinpoint what was and wasn't "safe," but he located some dunes that looked particularly undisturbed another mile away from the crossing. If there was a dragon that had moved into Takadox's home in her absence, it hadn't marked that area for itself, and Aklah's nose confirmed that when she didn't look around growling.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:27 AM
Sirthis took the lead and guided them to the very same spot. When Hoket got down, he reverted back to normal.
"This might be good enough. Now, Hoket already knows how wizard magic functions haltingly, but according to books nothing is known of bards and druids, and god-given magic shouldn't function at all, nor warlock maybe"

Sirthis will try two spells from each class:

Identify twice as a Bard (on Titania's Medallion since he never did it)

Goodberry twice as Druid

Create Water twice as Cleric

Armor Of Agathys twice as Warlock

He'll try a healing Channel Divinity after cutting his own hand with a knife and for druid to conjure a Spirit Bear to test out class features. Also Bardic Inspiration on Leflabah and... Oh, Ghostly Gaze to see if Warlock's Invocations work.

Eris will try her genasi outfit.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 03:11 PM
Sirthis successfully Identified his Medallion of Thoughts on the first try, and managed again the second time. It was still a Medallion of Thoughts.
He then created twenty goodberries, but no water. However, his shroud of cold armor emerged without issue.
And after stupidly cutting open his own hand, he stitched it shut no problem, as noted by the spiritual bear he summoned who said "rawr."
Leff smiled at Sirthis gratefully as he amped her up, then looked at his eyes and covered herself up hastily as he gained the ability to look through objects.

And then Eris looked like a fire genasi, causing Aklah to sniff her once, then look reassured.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 03:34 PM
Sirthis eyes went back to normal rapidly.
"Alright- I can count on anything but my cleric spells. And my other abilities seem to be fine. It could have been worst- if I can conjure my trusted animals I'm fine most of the time. Though I might need to change up a few things when I can. Now... Where to?" he thought for a bit "On the map Hoket's place was all the way to the right... But it was an Abeir-Toril map. Might be outdated" Sirthis frowned.
"...then I guess we should head in the same direction until we find an actual somewhere?" Eris ventured "I'm not sure that makes sense geographically. Hoket, are you aware of where your home would be compared to this desertic area with an obelisk?"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 03:37 PM
Hoket shook his head. "I've never heard of this location, but Takadox was aware of Tahtorak, so we must be near to his lands."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 03:41 PM
"Alright- well, let's just use some Steeds and keep going until we find people" Sirthis said "Or at least until we are out of an open area in a world filled with dragons" he pet the spirit bear. Or pretended to, since it was intangible.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 03:54 PM
Leff squinted up at the sky. "It's the dead of night, which is good in the desert. Travel by night, shelter by day?" she suggested before taking out her spellbook.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 04:22 PM
"My same idea. Should help with dragons" Sirthis nodded.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 04:25 PM
After twenty minutes, the party had mounts ready to travel over the desert.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 04:37 PM
"Onward!" Eris said claiming a fire steed for herself "To wherever it is! Leff, can you call Aklah by your side?" and spurred the steed on, leading the group.
"Indeed" Sirthis noted claiming an ice steed and following "Wherever is the correct term"

I'm officially on Abeir, Mab! Sune's magic doesn't work, but everything else does. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Though he didn't expect to receive a reply seeing how it was night.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 05:35 PM
Leff motioned Aklah over and got into the middle. They traveled for hours, and eventually the sunrise lit up the steel sky of Abeir.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 05:44 PM
Sirthis stretched.
"All sand for miles. We might have taken the longest road" he said, shrugging "I'm not looking forward to sleeping under the sun without a bubble"
"Could be worse. There could be a sandstorm with no good dragon to shield us" Eris mused, stopping their march "Say, Leff, is there anything specific people do to sleep in deserts? Or do we just lay down and hope we don't eat too much sand?"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 05:58 PM
"Well, we build shelters," Leff said, and pulled a small block of granite from her component pouch, concentrating. "Hadrackah," she said, then pulled purple fire from the granite in her hand and threw it to the sand.

She's gonna use the Bardic inspiration from earlier, yes I know it should have run out by now whatever [roll0]+[roll1]+[roll2]

And springing from some nearby sandstone, a wall of purple stone formed upward, making a cylinder of stone and putting a rudimentary roof on top, creating a shelter from a wall of stone. "How's that?" Leff asked with a smile.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 06:08 PM
Sirthis blinked.
"I have no idea how you just did that" he said.
"What do you care? If it works! Oh, I know I can always count on you" the second you was aimed at Leff, as well as the kiss.
"Let's make food and flavor it for Aklah and Briar, then we can go to sleep. Though we should still make watches, just in case" she said rolling out a bed...roll.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 06:14 PM
"Wall of Stone," Leff answered with a smile. "I got it to build the Lelahinns' order later." She kissed Eris. "Okay, so me and Hatök, Sirthis and Chocolate, Hoket and Briar, and then Eris and Aklah?" she suggested, rolling out her own bedroll.

Sirthis got a Sending.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 06:22 PM
"Actually... Can I take the first watch?" Sirthis asked "I'm not very sleepy right now" he was also looking a bit uncomfortable.
"I'm fine with either" Eris said, not inquiring as she prepared to sleep coiling her tail around Aklah's, smiling at Leff.

I'll make sure to pay the architect what they deserve.

She Sent smiling slyly before closing her eyes.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 06:34 PM
"That's okay," Leff said, and laid down. "Good-night."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 06:39 PM
Sirthis made his watch dutifully, then woke up Leff when it was time.

So long rest, I'll roll the Perception checks:

1st: [roll0]&[roll1] Sirthis&Chocolate
3rd: [roll2]&[roll3] Hoket&Briar
4th: [roll4]&[roll5] Eris&Aklah

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 07:42 PM
The night passed uneventfully, though Eris had a dream.

She looked up and saw Stelus, fighting against ten ice elementals at once. He waved a hand and shattered them all, looking at Eris confused. "Yes?" He asked. "What is it?"

Valmark
2020-09-13, 07:51 PM
"...alright, why does this keep happening?" Eris frowned "I'm on Abeir! I haven't casted any spell! You haven't I think! Sirthis doesn't visit the Queen randomly through dreams! This is impossible!" she lamented standing up.

"Well... This is a bit too early, but I did want to find you and ask you something Boss" Eris then said, shrugging and unsheating Black Ice.
"I want to make an Oath to Gloriana. Or become her Cleric, one of the two, haven't decided" she took up a fighting chance "But I first want to know you're ok with that, Boss. Since I take powers from you too. And if you aren't... Then I'll convince you the way warriors do!" her body covered in frost.

Initiative! Unless he let's Eris strike first. Also AoA level 5, should I make an ability check?

[roll0] adv. [roll1]

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:06 PM
The Prince of Frost drew Bitter Edge. "I will try not to be offended. If you can beat the offense out of me, do so."

Come at him.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:13 PM
"Oh, you'll see!" Eris yelled rushing the Prince of Frost "I've gotten quite a bit stronger!" she yelled, immediately chasing him with a tempest of blades.

Rage, Action Surge, Reckless Attack

21 to hit, 19 damage
25 to hit, 21 damage
30 to hit, 19 damage
27 to hit, 22 damage
26 to hit, 18 damage
28 to hit, 20 damage

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:28 PM
The Prince of Frost ducked out of the way of the first swing, smiling. "That right?" He asked, and then Eris stabbed him through the heart. His eyes bulged and she kicked him back, hacking into his midsection and arms again and again even as his heart healed itself shut. His eyes widened in excitement. "That's right!" he called, and Eris felt her blood freeze in her veins, holding her still.

117 cold damage, repeat the save at the end of Eris's turn.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:35 PM
When Eris recognized the familiar feeling, she expelled the water from her body (or so she calls that) creating the familiar protective tomb, shielding her from as much cold as possible. She was smiling through it.

Tomb Of Levistus, Eris is unscathed from the 117 damage. Though if she fails the save she'll start taking damage probably.

[roll0] Con save

Stelus gets another turn, though he doesn't get advantage from Reckless.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:38 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]; [roll2]+[roll3]
[roll4]; [roll5]+[roll6]
[roll7]; [roll8]+[roll9]

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 08:40 PM
The Prince of Frost smiled at the tomb and hefted his sword, hacking into it with three powerful blows that shattered right through Eris's defenses, coming at her with its power.

Cold Damage: 29+18+23+21
Slashing Damage: 29+39+33

Valmark
2020-09-13, 08:54 PM
The powerful swings and the lingering cold not only easily cut through any of Eris' remaining defense, even after she tried teleporting away, but also easily brought down her body... Not. The tiefling roared and stomped the ground, slashing upwards in an act of defiance.
"I kicked Demogorgon back to the Abyss! I won't go down easily anymore!" she yelled.

The save is 23, if Eris goes to 0 (4 hp left) she passes the save with 26 and goes down to 1 instead.

Reckless Attack, Frenzy.

Hits with 30 for 21 damage
Hits with 27 for 20 damage
Crits for 34 damage
Hits with 17 for 20 damage

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:01 PM
[roll0] and if 2 aren't a nat 1 they all hit.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:03 PM
"Truly?" Stelus asked, and then his thigh was split open. When he seethed in pain, she brought her sword across his midsection. Bitter Edge parried Black Ice next, and then she brought her sword around and cut his head off.
"Hah," Stelus sighed, and picked his head up, putting it back on. "I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun!" He said. And he pointed Bitter Edge at Eris. "You have my permission." And then his sword came down between her eyes and she shot awake. Hoket was shaking her. "It's your watch," he said, nodding to the bright sun outside.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 09:09 PM
Eris blinked, startled.
"I... Ah... Alright" Eris nodded, rousing Aklah awake "Thanks, you can go to sleep now" she told Hoket as she started her watch. She passed it while holding Leff's hand as she slept.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:13 PM
It must have been winter, Eris judged, as the sun began to set, and she shuddered to think of the desert's heat in the summer. And as the sun disappeared behind the end of the horizon, she saw a figure riding a horse composed of shadow riding toward her and their base, wearing dark robes between them and whatever was left of the sun.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 09:32 PM
Eris as soon as she spotted the figure unsheated her sword, standing up- though she wasn't raising the blade. She waited, making sure Aklah stayed calm, watching what the figure did.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:40 PM
The rider stopped her shadow horse and dismounted. She threw aside her hood, exposing both her face and the raven perched on her shoulder. She began speaking in Elvish, and when Eris did not show immediate comprehension, switched to Infernal. "My name is Mávro Ftéroma, servant of the Raven Queen." She bowed before Eris. "I am at your service, Eris Lelahinn."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 09:48 PM
If anything, Eris would have been less confused by the woman attacking them- took the tiefling a few seconds to recall what 'Raven Queen' meant.
"If Gloriana sends you then you're welcome" Eris said, sheating Black Ice and offering Mávro her hand "You can avoid bowing if you wish. Nice to meet you. Those are in the order Leflabah Lelahinn, Aklah, Hoket, Sirthis Elvaninn and Briar" she nodded at each of them "Consider us your allies. I hope you'll understand though if we double check your identity with Gloriana when we can- I have to make sure I protect both my family and my companions"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 09:50 PM
The elven woman took Eris's hand and kissed the knuckle of her middle finger. "I know not Gloriana. The Raven Queen sent me to assist you, though on Abeir my powers are limited. I hope you will find my service both helpful and pleasant, and accept any test you place before me."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:01 PM
"Oh! Uh, alright" Eris was startled when Mávro kissed the hand "I meant to shake your hand, but... Nevermind. Gloriana's the Raven Queen- we knew her by that name before discovering she was the Raven Queen. Or a goddess for the matter" she motioned for the elf to come in "We'll soon start moving with the favor of darkness, take this chance to rest a small bit- me and Aklah are taking the watch turn" given how the elf acted, Eris assumed it was easier to word things as orders.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:07 PM
Mávro gave a short nod and sat down next to Leff, noting her raven with curiosity. Aklah approached her, growling. Mávro took a feather from her raven and lifted it. Aklah's eyes followed the feather as she made it dance through the air, and then teleported her raven to the spot her feather was at. Aklah remained transfixed on the raven, and Mávro gave her a gentle scratch on the scales. The wyvern's throat rustled and it turned away, leaving the elf alone.
She simply closed her eyes and began meditating in silence.

The others soon awakened to see a Shadar-Kai woman meditating next to Leflabah, with Aklah eying her with curiosity but no malice.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:15 PM
Eris was rightfully impressed by how Aklah let her be.

When Sirthis spotted the new acquisition, he blinked.
"I can't help but notice we have an intruder"
"Yeah, Gloriana sent her to assist us. She's called Mávro Ftéroma. Now that I think about it" she turned to the Shadar-Kai "Did you get any of that? Seeing how you didn't use Common I get the feeling you might not understand it. What languages can you speak?"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:21 PM
"Elvish, Infernal, and Shadar," she said in their respective languages. Shadar sounded a lot like Elvish, but... off. Like... reverse Sylvan, almost. "I can perform a simple ritual to understand all speech, however," she said in Infernal, unbuckling a book bound in raven feathers from her hip.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:29 PM
"Your choice, though it would save me the time to repeat it twice since you can do it through a ritual without consuming magic. I think only me and Sirthis can understand you, him through Elvish. Useful information to have, our healers are him and Leff, the genasi. We'll be moving now using Phantom Steeds, so you should make it for yourself while Leff and Hoket make two each" Eris told her, then she stood up and started picking up her things.
"Alright- time to move. I've seen her come on a Phantom Steed, so she can create it for herself while we get two and two. And... Yeah, nothing else, the plan is the same. Actually..." she looked back at Mávro "Would you happen to know where we are geographically? We should be heading to Tahtorak's lands"
"Ehy, I recognized one of those. I'm Sirthis Elvaninn, nice to meet you" Sirthis said in Elvish.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:36 PM
Mávro began doing her ritual, then stopped and unfurled a map of Abeir. "Northeast," she said, tapping a section of the map colored in red. "Two days travel, one through desert, one through villages." She looked at the others briefly, then passed the map to Eris and read her book again, muttering in Shadar to understand all languages around her.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:42 PM
"Uh! That's great, thank you" Eris nodded and motioned Hoket over "Recognize your hometown specifically? Or wherever your family would be?" she asked showing the map.
Sirthis reached out to pet Mávro's raven. What could ever go wrong?

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:44 PM
Mávro's head snapped up and a dagger was in her hand immediately, between Sirthis's hand and her bird.

"Yes, there," Hoket said, pointing. "Though I don't know the language the map is in."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 10:52 PM
"Geez, I was just going to pet it" Sirthis said, retreating his hand.
"Not a problem, she'll be our cartographer. Or close to that" Eris said, and waited for Mávro to be done with her ritual before talking to the group.
"This is our destination" she said to the group, showing the spot Hoket pointed "Should take more then two days. So... Yeah, let's head out" she gave the map back to the Shadar-Kai "For obvious reasons, let's assume all dragons to be a danger regardless of their type. We'll move as soon as the Phantom Steeds are ready. Leff, Sirthis, can you try contacting Gloriana to make sure Mávro's trustworthy? Hoping she isn't sleeping"
"Don't look at me. My Sendings are cleric magic, they won't work"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 10:58 PM
"I didn't prepare Sending," Leff confessed. "But it's still morning. I'll change something out for it." She opened up her spellbook and started puzzling over it. "Well, 'morning,'" she clarified.

Mávro accepted the map with a terse nod, not paying any additional attention to Sirthis.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 11:02 PM
"Your new friend isn't funny" Sirthis sighed and started grooming Briar to pass the time.
"Leff's funny and she doesn't let you pet Haköt, so I think the problem is just yours" Eris mused, waiting for Steeds and Sendings to be done.
"Right, I should probably ask what can you do" she noted turning to the Shadar-Kai "At least a general idea"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 11:09 PM
"The raven queen has given me power through a Pact I have made with her," Mávro explained. "I can perform rituals to bring out many spells, and fire beams of force in battle. I can channel her power twice without requiring a break, into either a great cone of fear or seizure-inducing lights."
Leff then lifted a purple fistful of fire. "Met a Warlock of yours. Mávro. Did you really send her? Thank you if so."
After a moment, Leff nodded to Eris. "She's in the clear."
Mávro nodded at hearing that, and began preparing her own steed alongside Hoket and Leff, pulling up her hood yet again.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 11:12 PM
"Oh, like Malyanna. That makes it three Warlocks" Sirthis petted Chocolate.
"Right, simple and effective. That should be more then enough" Eris nodded, no more questions to ask.

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 11:17 PM
"What shall be required of me?" Mávro asked as soon as her horse was ready and Leff's second was nearly out.

Valmark
2020-09-13, 11:27 PM
"For now? Make sure we don't get the path wrong since you can read the map better then us. If we fight, obviously kill the enemy- but no harming innocents or those who surrender or things like that, we are good people... Most of us, at least. And dunno what exactly implies being at my service, but don't try to sacrifice yourself or things like that- I can handle myself well" Eris said, musing on what else to add "Besides that, act how you like. Your input is welcome whenever you have an idea"
"I think this is the first time she didn't tell a new party member that they can hurt me, I'm moved"
"Act how you like implies that too"
"Oh. I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm being picked on"

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 11:31 PM
Mávro looked to Sirthis in brief confusion, and then mounted up. Leff did the same, all of the steeds ready. "Good to go."

Valmark
2020-09-13, 11:40 PM
Eris climbed on one of Leff's Steeds.
"Right, let's go!" and started leading the way northeast. Or at least what she thought northeast according to the map she saw.
Sirthis got on Hoket's Steed and started following, improvising a tune to make the long travel more bearable- alright, he just wanted to impress the new party member. Seriously, what did you expect?

Perceptions!
Eris [roll0]
Aklah [roll1]
Hoket [roll2]
Chocolate (Sirthis looking through him) [roll3]

Actual Sirthis playing music [roll4]
Lucky [roll5]

Xihirli
2020-09-13, 11:44 PM
Their travel over the sand dunes at first went uneventfully.

Mávro eyed Sirthis curiously, then began singing out a song in Elvish to go with the tune.
"I see myself in the cold corner
Looking into the blank mirror
I see the cracks in the old four walls
Damaging marks of a thousand fools
The rooms not bright and the rooms not dark
So, to these walls I add my mark
When loneliness creeps through the cracks in those walls
Will I be just another fool?

The cracks in the walls start to pull me in
Writing on the walls scribbles deep within
I wake in the form a raven so small
Helpless and lost, under a sky so tall
I search for hours until midnight
When I decide to finely take flight
And whilst some people may call me blind
I am leaving those people far behind

Is it never a haven for the Raven?
Does he fly over the Pomegranite Tree?
And beyond tomorrow, do we share her sorrow?
He is leaving behind your consuming lies.

Like embers and ash
She takes shelter now
She will not be missed
She observes their hell
She hides in the shade
Because she has lost his faith
And she knows she cannot mend
The Black sky of lands’ end"

Performance! [roll0]

Valmark
2020-09-13, 11:55 PM
Sirthis made a mental note to remember the song and write it down later- but was mostly content with her joining in as he kept an eye out for danger through Chocolate. Though the faerie dragon did fly near Mávro and relayed "That was a sweet song- and a beautiful voice. I liked that" in Elvish with Sirthis' voice, resuming the patrol right after.
Eris hummed enjoying the sounds, not planning on bothering either. Though after a while she payed extra attention to the surroundings, since prolonged playing could attract attention.

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 12:02 AM
Mávro frowned, and pulled her steed away from Sirthis.
And before they had too much time to think that over, Aklah sniffed the air toward sand that was lifting out of the way as a reptilian bronze sail stuck out of the sand, burrowing toward them at high speeds.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 12:11 AM
Eris unsheated Black Ice.
"Spread out in case it breaths!" she told the group, then when she assumed the supposed dragon was near enough to hear, yelled "If you don't want a fight, I suggest you stop and tell your intentions!"
"Or just go away. I'm good with it just leaving. No hoard in sight" Sirthis mused, wondering how different bronze dragons were from Toril. The books said there wasn't much difference between chromatics and metallics on Abeir. He spred out.

Eris will try an Armor of Agathys lv. 5 [roll0]

Sirthis an Armor of Agathys lv. 4 [roll1]

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 12:19 AM
A brass dragon lifted itself out of the sand with a roar. "You dare threaten me!?" it roared in Draconic. He lifted his mouth to the sky and roared loudly, ready for a battle.
Aklah actually turned around and sniffed the air looking upwards into the clouds.
Adult Brass Dragon! [roll0]
Mávro [roll1]
Leff [roll]1d20+2[roll] 14
Other thing [roll2]

Valmark
2020-09-14, 12:24 AM
"Note to self- dragons have a temper around here!" Sirthis yelled.
"Watch out- dragon in the sky too!"

Briar will be controlled probably so no initiatve there.

Sirthis [roll0]
Holet [roll1]
Aklah [roll2]
Eris [roll3] adv. [roll4]

Valmark
2020-09-14, 01:12 AM
Eris pointed the horse right at the dragon, galloping towards it.
"I warned you!" she yelled brandishing Black Ice to cut through the dragon.

Bonus action Rage, Reckless Attack as usual.
23 to hit, 20 damage
21 to hit, 20 damage
26 to hit, 22 damage

Sirthis got on Briar, taking height.
"Hey dragon- tell me, have you ever seen magic like this!? For the forces of natures are strong on Abeir, so am I since I'm the unlucky channel of the spirits! March, Pet Army!" he yelled in Draconic as portals opened at various ranges, owls scratching the dragon while boars and cows charged it and...
"What even are you?" he asked confused to the axe beaks pecking the dragon. He popped a bear spirit on the animals and Eris and everybody within range really.

Conjure Animals lv. 511 to hit, 10 damage
15 to hit, 3 damage
16 to hit, 4 damage
23 to hit, 8 damage

20 to hit, 10 damage
23 to hit, 19 damage
21 to hit, 18 damage
19 to hit, 10 damage

19 to hit, 8 damage
17 to hit, 7 damage
14 to hit, 6 damage
13 to hit, 11 damage

17 to hit, 8 damage
20 to hit, 8 damage
17 to hit, 7 damage
10 to hit, 4 damage

Also plopping a spirit bear that gives 15 THP in an area of 30 ft. In radius, that includes at least himself, Briar, Eris and the animals. Any of his conjurations regenerate 5 hp each round while inside.

Then he'll fly on Briar like, 30 ft. In the air and 40 ft. Away from the dragon on the ground (as in, he'll stop 40 ft. Away). Should be enough to not get breathed.

Eris and the animals are spread all around the dragon with the giant owls flying around its face.

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 07:46 AM
"Unlucky is right!" The dragon roared at Sirthis, and then was battered by boars and beaks and hooves and horns while Eris gleefully chopped into its scales, eliciting screams and a panicked expression. He lifted his wings and brought them down, knocking over several of the animals - but not enough.
Leff, not sure what she could do without hurting the pet army, manifested an aura of white fire, mending one of the owls while she was at it but mostly just getting it out for later. The brass dragon responded by bringing its tail around to whack Eris aside, but she used the butt of her sword to strike the tailtip away.
Mávro pointed a finger at the dragon through the chaotic melee, and her first shot went wide because she was trying to avoid hitting the animals. The other hit the dragon right in the eye, causing it to roar in anger. She then followed Eris's order, taking her shadowy steed well out of the way of everyone else.
That was when a red dragon, as large as the Brass, descended from the clouds. "Having all this fun without without me, Pridak!?"
"You weren't invited, Sidorak!" the brass dragon yelled up, but the red dragon just laughed and spurted flame from its mouth all over Sirthis and his horse. The dragon then descended to fly right next to the bard. "But this one's so interesting!" The new dragon said, grinning at the bard.
The brass dragon shot fire from its mouth right at the red, who just laughed as the fire engulfed it. Sirthis was also grazed by the gout of flame, as was one of the boars.

Wing attack damage doesn't matter anymore since Eris negated it. Nevermind, all but one of each of the animals took [roll0] bludgeoning damage
Leff gets Aura of Vitality out and heals the animals... let's see... the third giant owl. [roll1] healies.
Sirthis got two breath weapons to the face and lost concentration despite halving both 56 and 56 damage. Huh. So he takes 56.
Now it's Aklah and then the rest of you.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 08:43 AM
Hoket's spell fizzled big time.

Aklah flew up, challenging the new dragon since there wasn't a cluster**** of critters all around it, clawing and stabbing it with her tail.
On the red dragon:
Claws, 14 to hit, 15 damage
Stinger 22 to hit, 10 damage and make a DC 15 Con save to halve 27 poison damage

When Sirthis got breath weaponed, he smiled.
"What part of 'I'm the channel of the spirits' didn't you get?" he yelled as he held out two hands towards the flames and part of the fire seemed to... channel through him and Briar, whose breath started emitting cinders while his eyes briefly transitioned from silver to burning red- only for a small while though. Meanwhile, his animals -what was still alive- wailed on the dragon.
"Leflabah, don't mind the pet army!" he told her, knowing they wouldn't last much longer.
First off, Absorb Elements on the previous round to halve fire damage on both him and Briar, druid spell.

Pet army on brass dragon
9 to hit, 8 damage
11 to hit, 3 damage
10 to hit, 5 damage
17 to hit, 4 damage

15 to hit, 6 damage
9 to hit, 7 damage
7 to hit, 5 damage
Crit, 11 damage

11 to hit, 7 damage
7 to hit, 4 damage
15 to hit, 8 damage
17 to hit, 8 damage

Valmark
2020-09-14, 08:59 AM
Seeing how the dragon was still alive Sirthis smiled, telling Briar to bring them more or less between the two dragons.
"I was told you dragons like music!" he said, bringing out his violin- a single black rose rested on the chords "I hope you'll enjoy this too... Black Rose, Rattle their bones!" and then he played a single note- the rose exploded with a loud BOOOM realising a mass of negative energy that washed over his allies with no effect but ate through the dragons' bodies as the sound wave threatened to throw them off and crush their brain.

Briar disengages and moves within 25 ft. Of each dragon... Then Destructive Wave.

Ability check passed (27) so it's 22 Thunder damage and 19 Necrotic damage and Prone, ignoring any allies, DC 17 Constitution saving throw to halve it and not go Prone.

Eris took the chance to keep wailing on the brass dragon, looking at his panicked look as a sign that he wasn't going to survive much longer.

Fighting Spirit and Attack!
27 to hit, 20 damage
27 to hit, 23 damage
Crit, 35 damage

If the brass dragon dies and the red one falls, Eris will move to the red one and empty any leftover attacks.

If Sirthis kills the brass dragon and the red dragon doesn't fall, Eris will try to Dimensional Door on Aklah's back (ending the rage of course)
[roll0] for the hypotetical ability check (DC 14).

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 09:32 AM
As thunder and rot bled into its being, the brass dragon shuddered once, and then laid still.
The red dragon laughed, then widened its eyes as its wings were buffeted by the thunder and it hit the dirt, only to be wailed on by Eris. The dragon snarled and beat Eris to the ground with its wings and took flight. Eris lifted Black Ice to impale the dragon's tail as it flew away, but the dragon simply snarled out in Draconic, "No." And a shield of heat gathered around it, pushing Eris's sword strike off to the side.
Leff lifted a hand to wipe aside the heat, but her hand faltered and she was unable to stop the buildup of heat. A rose petal also attempted to cut off the spell, but it faded as Sirthis attempted to form it. "Your magic is nothing on to those whose blood runs with fire!" the dragon said, and flew up to Sirthis. As Leff and Mávro peppered at the dragon with cantrips, he bit into the Pegasus's flank and ripped its wing off with his claw, causing the Pegasus to disappear. The dragon then flew back up toward the safety of the clouds. "It was pleasant meeting you," the dragon said, and roared loudly enough to cause those it had been fighting to quake as it moved back into the clouds.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 09:48 AM
Seeing Briar get killed, Sirthis looked up at the dragon.
"Hoket- you know what to do! Flier Knocker!" Sirthis yelled refusing the cast the spell with its own name, as two waves of water hit the dragon threatening to knock it back down.

Hoket passed its test barely, and Sirthis used a Druid spell so- double Tidal Wave!

21 and 23 bludgeoning damage respectively, DC 15 Dex save to halve the first and DC 17 for the second.

If it fails either it goes Prone and falls right back down.

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 10:00 AM
Fire spewed from the dragon’s maw, evaporating the water into steam as it flew on, into the clouds and away from the battle.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 10:07 AM
"Oh hell no, you aren't running!" Sirthis insisted flying at nowhere near enough speed- so he tried to teleport into the clouds where he last saw it, hoping the dragon hadn't gotten far enough away yet.
"Leflabah, I count on you to stop my fall if needed!"
Dimensional Door in the direction the dragon was flying for... Not sure... Let's make it 200 ft.? Sirthis should have been something like 50 ft. Away from it before the tidal wave.

Aaaaand... Ability check. Not spending my last luck point, if I fail the dragon earned his escape (or Sirthis earned his life, nobody says he can take a wounded adult dragon by himself).

[roll0] needing 14

When the portal didn't appear, Sirthis cursed pretty loudly for everybody to understand regardless of languages used, flying back down.
"If I can find that dragon again I'm eating it for dinner" he frowned.

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 10:16 AM
Aklah shook off her fear and started munching on the brass dragon.
The Shadar-Kai readjusted her hood and scanned the horizon while Leff used the remainder of her white fire to patch up Eris and Sirthis. ”Its name was Sidorak,” Leff relayed to Eris. “Possibly related to Tahtorak.”

Valmark
2020-09-14, 10:24 AM
"So now it knows about us" Eris said "That's... Honestly, we already figured that would be a problem. Tahtorak's probably a Great Wyrm, so if he shows up we shouldn't try to fight him if possible- or be pretty effective at killing him. Either's good" she said "Not much we can do otherwise- reshape the Phantom Steeds and getting out of the open desert should be a good idea right now"
Meanwhile Sirthis saw to it to re-conjure Briar.
"Well, at least I looked interesting. Maybe I can talk to him if he appears"
Let's try three times:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 10:51 AM
As Sirthis spent a minute bringing back his Pegasus, Mávro approached Eris. “That is not all,” she said. “Listen. The dragon’s blood cries out to the worms and jackals that will clean up after your wyvern’s scraps. By next nightfall, everything in the desert will know we were here.”

Valmark
2020-09-14, 11:04 AM
"I see- We can't do anything about it, can we?"
"We can, actually" Sirthis offered "Well, I can't hide this -though I guess we could try burying it to cover the odor and everything else- but I'll make us move without leaving a trail. No footprints, no odor, no nothing. Unless they use magic to track us, they'll have to search blindly" he smiled "And it's natural magic, so no problems activating it. It lasts only an hour so I'll consume a lot of resources, didn't want to do it this way if possible... But it beats the alternative it seems"
"I guess that's better then nothing. I want us out of this desert ASAP. Mávro, can you work out a longer route? Not taking the most direct path should reduce the chances of crossing anything coming for us. Not much of a point in being untraceable if they see us anyway"

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 11:08 AM
Mávro drew a U over the trail she'd traced on the map. "It is done."
Leff and Hoket started re-upping the steeds while Aklah ate. Mávro moved to follow their lead.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 11:11 AM
"Right- everybody must stay within thirty feet or it'll fail" Sirthis cautioned them.

As always, Sirthis on Hoket's, Eris on Leff's, and they are both untrackable by conventional means AND have +10 to Stealth. Sirthis will recast Pass Without Traces every hour.

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 11:17 AM
It was perhaps midnight when Sirthis got a Sending as they moved through the desert, Mávro not speaking unless spoken to the whole way.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 11:30 AM
"So" Sirthis tried talking to Mávro in Elvish needing a distraction after the Sending "Why did you frown earlier? So that I can avoid bothering you next time. And on another note... You come from the Shadowfell correct? Or... At least you've been there?"

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 11:34 AM
"I did not know I was singing out loud," Mávro explained. "Yes. That is where I am from."

Valmark
2020-09-14, 11:43 AM
"Oh! I see. I apolozige if I made you uncomfortable. Anyway- do you mind if I ask you about it? The Shadowfell I mean" Sirthis inquired "All my experience with it amounts to Shar forcibly reading my memories and... How magic works" he massaged his wrist "That burned a lot"
So, Survivals:
Hoket [roll0]
Eris [roll1]
Sirthis [roll2]
Chocolate [roll3]
Briar [roll4]

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 11:50 AM
Mávro recited a short poem about the Shadowfell:
"It is the toxic plane of darkness and power.
It is the hidden place that hates the light.
It is the frontier of worlds unknown." She then elaborated: "We are an echo plane, a hollow reflection of your world." She looked at her own wrist, and the black tattoos over it. "Yes, the Shadow Weave is a crude, weak copy of your magic. My people are there because we were deemed unfit for the Feywild, and could only find protection with the Raven Queen."

Valmark
2020-09-14, 11:59 AM
"I see- I did hear about how a temple on Toril has a copy in the Shadowfell, it makes sense now" Sirthis said, looking at the tattoos "What meaning do those have? And... Mh. Not even many of the feys are welcome in parts of Feywilds. When you say unfit do you mean somebody else decided arbitraly that your people couldn't stay?" he thought of the Seelies.
Yeah, luck point to get an higher roll on Sirthis' check [roll0]

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 12:12 PM
Right!
As they traveled, they spotted in the distance a cluster of palm trees - an Oasis. It was still over a mile out, however.
"They are... marks of dishonor," Mávro answered. "I come from a family of guardians, and my charge died. I had no honorable path forward but that provided by the Raven Queen." Outcast among outcasts, she rode for a time before answering again: "When the elves were dividing, the Raven Queen brought knowledge to your other half - humans. Art and sciences, and she shared with the elves as well. Correllion put her on trial for doing so, and she was burned. But she lived, and led the Shadar-Kai in our exile in the Shadowfell."

Valmark
2020-09-14, 12:26 PM
"I... See. I guess I'm adding another god to the list of those I dislike- I happen to like having been given art" Sirthis noted, and before he could add anything else he spotted the oasis and switched to Common "Say, that's shelter- but what are the chances of it being a mirage, and how do we discover if it is one?" he asked the group for ideas.
"Don't look at me- but if we lack a better solution, let's head there"

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 12:32 PM
"I will send my raven ahead to see if it is a mirage," Mávro said in Infernal, and her raven extended her wings and began to fly.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 12:47 PM
"Thanks" Eris nodded.
"Burned" Sirthis repeated, thinking about Malyanna's question at the Arena "...how where Gloriana's -the Raven Queen's- wings before getting burned? Do you know if they changed somehow?"

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 12:54 PM
"Long before my time," Mávro said. Then the raven returned. "The Oasis is real, but occupied. Dragonborn, Water and Earth Genasi, and a young blue dragon. Breaking into the territory, I believe."

Valmark
2020-09-14, 01:09 PM
"Are we breaking into its territory you mean? Or are the humanoids there? We can deal with a young blue dragon and allies if they turn hostile- but let's try not to provoke anybody either way" Eris said, heading there.
"If Takadox and Carapar are anything to go by, it won't be keen on attacking us. We looked dangerous enough before our group included a wyvern dressed in dead dragons"

Xihirli
2020-09-14, 01:11 PM
"No, they are settling the oasis just now. They have tents, and are building permanent structures," Mávro clarified. She led her horse to follow Eris's and recast Comprehend Languages again.

Valmark
2020-09-14, 01:14 PM
"I see- plan doesn't change. Might even be better" in truth that hadn't explained who was breaking into whose territory, but she'd discover it soon enough.