PDA

View Full Version : Any cool feats you can grab if you can cast 6th level spells early?

ATHATH
2020-09-10, 09:45 AM
I might've stumbled upon a way to technically meet the requirement of being able to cast 6th level spells in E6. Are there any cool feats that that can let me grab?

bean illus
2020-09-10, 10:07 AM
I might've stumbled upon a way to technically meet the requirement of being able to cast 6th level spells in E6. Are there any cool feats that that can let me grab?

The most obvious one i see is Quicken Spell.
Of course, in a world without 6th level spells, there're few ways to get an arcane spell into your book, etc. But casting twice per round is a pretty powerful ability in e6.

Kayblis
2020-09-10, 10:50 AM
Feats like Twin, Quicken and Chain are now useful for you. Alternatively, you can have Reserve feats and use them more effectively - at-will 6d6 elemental damage bursts with some, at-will Medium Elemental summoning with another. Dimensional Jaunt is up to 30ft teleport as a standard action. If you can heal, the Touch of Healing is 18hp per action for free, up to half the target's max HP. The big selling point here is not actually spending anything, you just get more options for your standard action.

ATHATH
2020-09-10, 10:54 AM
Feats like Twin, Quicken and Chain are now useful for you. Alternatively, you can have Reserve feats and use them more effectively - at-will 6d6 elemental damage bursts with some, at-will Medium Elemental summoning with another. Dimensional Jaunt is up to 30ft teleport as a standard action. If you can heal, the Touch of Healing is 18hp per action for free, up to half the target's max HP. The big selling point here is not actually spending anything, you just get more options for your standard action.
Thing is, I won't actually have the spells prepared- in fact, I technically don't have any spell slots at all, just the ability to spontaneously convert a certain resource into casting Inflict spells of 6th level or lower (but I do have a caster level, if that matters for anything).

Rebel7284
2020-09-10, 01:08 PM
You do have a caster level of 11?

Hmm, well Craft Contingent Spell comes to mind, but you would need to cooperate with spellcasters to fully use it. It's a pretty amazing feat though.

ATHATH
2020-09-10, 01:34 PM
You do have a caster level of 11?

Hmm, well Craft Contingent Spell comes to mind, but you would need to cooperate with spellcasters to fully use it. It's a pretty amazing feat though.
A CL of 6, actually. It's... complicated.

Rebel7284
2020-09-10, 01:52 PM
A CL of 6, actually. It's... complicated.

Do you want to post your full build?

The more information you provide the easier it is to know what would work....

Kayblis
2020-09-10, 02:06 PM
Thing is, I won't actually have the spells prepared- in fact, I technically don't have any spell slots at all, just the ability to spontaneously convert a certain resource into casting Inflict spells of 6th level or lower (but I do have a caster level, if that matters for anything).

And you think this wasn't relevant information for the op... how?
still, it's a necromancy spell of 6th level available to cast, you can fuel some Reserve feat with that. Would be good to know if there are any other conditions, because being secretive about it only gives you unhelpful answers.

Troacctid
2020-09-10, 02:47 PM
I'm just assuming it's nosomatic chirurgeon with the shadow-bound template. Great trick, very nifty. Honestly, just casting inflict spells with it is already pretty spicy, so I don't think you really need to do a ton to abuse it any more than that.

Zarvistic
2020-09-10, 02:49 PM
Sounds like some warlock sla with nosomatic chirurgeon? If so, the feat mastery of day and night is pretty cool with that.

Venger
2020-09-10, 04:10 PM
I'm just assuming it's nosomatic chirurgeon with the shadow-bound template. Great trick, very nifty. Honestly, just casting inflict spells with it is already pretty spicy, so I don't think you really need to do a ton to abuse it any more than that.

How does the shadow-bound template interact with nosomatic chirurgeon to allow casting 6ths?

ATHATH
2020-09-10, 07:53 PM
Oh, I had forgotten about the shadow-bound template. Yeah, that's a much better way of getting 6ths than what I had planned to do.

sreservoir
2020-09-10, 09:39 PM
How does the shadow-bound template interact with nosomatic chirurgeon to allow casting 6ths?

Perhaps the idea is to use Pestilential Touch to trade your shadow-bound-granted Shadow Walk SLA for an inflict of the same spell level? Since unspecified SLAs default to coming from the sor/wiz list, it's 6th level, so it can be traded for mass inflict moderate wounds.