PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - Reverse E6 Monster Mash

unseenmage
2020-09-10, 03:00 PM
During a conversation with my IRL group the other day we were bemusedly trying to turn a big dumb Consteuct with 1 Cha and 15 CR into a Sorcerer, because I had said it shouldnt even try, of course.

Then we had the idea to play a sort of reverse E6 game where everyone plays a mini kaiju of at least 14 CR that is at least Huge size.

Immediately we banned dragons cuz that's too easy. We want those lost levels to really hurt so no creatures with innate spellcasting.

It became an amusing challenge. Stacking the Young and Degenerate templatea to eke out a couple more levels of progression and buying off a CR or two helps some.

There are a LOT of interesting monster superpowers at this level range which we would otherwise not have looked at.

Thoughts Playground? Would you play a late game melee murder monster?

From our chat,

I'm imagining a Greek mythos kind of scenario.

PCs are titans vs the GM's Greek gods.

The titans are being persecuted or deserve to be sealed or have escaped or whatever.

The GM's NPCs you face are primarily heroes, agents of the gods who want you dead.

that's just the initial idea.

In Golarion terms its monster PCs levelling up into Rovagug spawn or Lamashtu children or some other ridiculous monster ey thing. :)