PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed List of Insect Related Classes

Ooze
2020-09-11, 03:51 PM
So i am making a Backup Character that's going to be pretty heavily insect themed.... sort of becoming more insectile and monstrous as he levels and i've decided to make a list of all the insect classes i know of and to see if you guys could point out any other ones i'm missing.

So the ones i know of so far are

Vermin Lord
Vermin Keeper
Master of Flies
Yathchol Webrider
Arachnomancer Underdark Version
Arachnomancer DoTU version
Arachne
Fang of Lolth

Efrate
2020-09-11, 06:52 PM
ELH has worm that walks, it's a template but it's very Vermony. Pathfinder has a hunter archtype called verminous hunter.

Ooze
2020-09-11, 09:21 PM
i hadn't thought too much about templates ill have to check those out too but pathfinder stuff is off the table unfortunately.

Falontani
2020-09-11, 10:08 PM
there are various scorpion themed classes; although the closest one to what you are wanting is already listed as the DotU Arachnomancer with the adaption notes.

There is one in Secrets of Xendrik and one in Sandstorm, but both are more training to fight like a scorpion, although one gives a scorpion tail... for a while.

There is also the Child of Winter feat which turns druid into a vermin related class, and there is Urban Druid from Dragon Compendium which has the option to get various vermin companions by itself.

Warlock has some various swarm invocations which can lend itself to a good vermin centric character, with a little flavor customization (such as redressing your eldritch blast as a focused blast of hornets which stab and then splat all over the enemy (dissipating since its purely magical).)

ShurikVch
2020-09-12, 01:06 PM
Besides the aforementioned:

Geomancer (Complete Divine): among the Drift options are "You can spin a web like a spider" (Stage 3), "You grow an acid stinger like that of a giant ant" (Stage 4), and "You gain the tremorsense of an earthworm" (Stage 5)

Dragon #302 have Tainted Spellcaster and Tainted Warrior, which would turn your PC more and more fiend-like while forcing them to "fight their inner Evil". This aren't the best PrC, but among the available fiends are Bebilith, Gelugon, and Mezzoloth...

Divine Agent (Manual of the Planes):
Altered Appearance (Ex): At 4th level, a divine agent begins to show prominent physical modification to match the desires of her deity. For good-aligned deities, this often takes the form of golden skin, hair, or eyes. Divine agents of evil-aligned deities might gain horns, antlers, or a pointed tail. Neutral deities may provide a copper or silver tone to the skin, while nature deities may cause a greenish pallor and barklike hair. Elemental powers may alter their divine agents’ appearance by giving a texture to the skin reflecting the element involved. All such alterations are permanent, though disguise or spells may hide them.

Dragon #289, in the article about Kaiju, "Kaiju in Your Campaign" sidebar, gives "Kaiju as Deities" option, and among the example Kaiju is Hotu-Bakete (Half-Fiend Monstrous Huge Centipede)

Vulkoor (https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Vulkoor) looks like either a giant scorpion, or drow-scorpion hybrid (scorrow (https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Scorrow))

Finally, there is Kyuss (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Kyuss)...

Particle_Man
2020-09-12, 01:24 PM
If you want a bee honeycomb theme there is always Hexblade. :smallsmile:

Particle_Man
2020-09-12, 01:26 PM
Isn’t Bralm a god of insects? So a Divine Champion of Bralm might count?