PDA

View Full Version : Mulan expy question.

ChaosStar
2020-09-12, 11:03 AM
Okay, I'm now going to start remaking my Disney character expies starting with Mulan. So I'm thinking about Marshal/Warblade multiclass. Basically a Battlefield Commander type. How many levels of Marshal should she have, I'm thinking 2, and what Prestige Classes if any should she take? Feats planned for her are Dragon Cohort, Frightful Presence, Draconic Aura, and Double Draconic Aura. Yes she is a very Dragon themed character.

Buufreak
2020-09-12, 11:22 AM
Stone Dragon or Mushu?

DeTess
2020-09-12, 11:26 AM
Marshall and warblade don't really multiclass well because one is Charisma based, and the other intelligence based. I'd go either pure warblade, or marshal/crusader. Regarding PRC's, martial adepts tend to work pretty well straight-classed, so I personally wouldn't take any, especially because there aren't any white raven/commander-style martial initiator PrC's.

ChaosStar
2020-09-12, 11:57 AM
Marshall and warblade don't really multiclass well because one is Charisma based, and the other intelligence based. I'd go either pure warblade, or marshal/crusader. Regarding PRC's, martial adepts tend to work pretty well straight-classed, so I personally wouldn't take any, especially because there aren't any white raven/commander-style martial initiator PrC's.

The problem is that crusader wouldn't fit the theme. Crusader would work for Joan of Arc, but not Mulan. Since Crusaders are basically Warriors of their God. Then Warblade 18/Marshal 2 seems to be the build.

Troacctid
2020-09-12, 12:04 PM
Mulan's victories come from clever tactics and lateral thinking, not martial strength. I think she would make more sense as a rogue (possibly the fighter bonus feat variant), or maybe a Setting Sun swordsage.

ChaosStar
2020-09-12, 12:48 PM
Mulan's victories come from clever tactics and lateral thinking, not martial strength. I think she would make more sense as a rogue (possibly the fighter bonus feat variant), or maybe a Setting Sun swordsage.

No that says Warblade to me due to Int Based. I've also given her the noncombatant and vulnerable flaws. I decided on Silverbrow as a subrace due to fooling the military for years in the original legend, also so the Draconic Auras get stronger as she gains levels.. For stats she has 13/13/14/16/12/16.

Martin Greywolf
2020-09-12, 01:27 PM
The problem is that crusader wouldn't fit the theme. Crusader would work for Joan of Arc, but not Mulan. Since Crusaders are basically Warriors of their God.

Well, the Disney version does fight for the Mandate of Heaven, more or less. Fighting for your god classes in China and Japan can be swiftly re-flavoured since both emperors are partially or entirely divine.

You may also consider giving her some skill with mounted combat, as her homeland, Northern Wei, was somewhat known for their riders. She would also have to have been pretty good rider by necessity by virtue of her poistion, but that goes for pretty much everyone even a little bit important in pre-modern times.

ChaosStar
2020-09-12, 02:50 PM
Well, the Disney version does fight for the Mandate of Heaven, more or less. Fighting for your god classes in China and Japan can be swiftly re-flavoured since both emperors are partially or entirely divine.

You may also consider giving her some skill with mounted combat, as her homeland, Northern Wei, was somewhat known for their riders. She would also have to have been pretty good rider by necessity by virtue of her poistion, but that goes for pretty much everyone even a little bit important in pre-modern times.

Yeah, probably gonna give her a rank or two in ride when she gets her 1st Marshal level. She's already got 4 in her main skills of Diplomacy, Disguise, and Intimidate.