PDA

View Full Version : Decapitated Kraggor?

semi
2020-09-12, 03:44 PM
I'm not getting why Durkon needed to decapitate Kraggor's statue. What am I missing?

Worldsong
2020-09-12, 03:51 PM
Headshots are worth more points.

facw
2020-09-12, 04:03 PM
Presumably the part where Redcloak animated it and had it attack? (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1211.html) I mean Durkon could presumably have destroyed it some other way, but, this is definitely a solution.

Grey Watcher
2020-09-12, 08:58 PM
Durkon got a taste for vandalism and destruction of public property and now he's jonesing for more.

Particle_Man
2020-09-12, 10:46 PM
I think it was just a colourful way of showing that the animated statue was reduced to zero hp. It is not like you could put X's in its eyes.

KillianHawkeye
2020-09-12, 11:37 PM
It was probably to silence anyone who still thought that the Kraagor statue was the petrified body of Kraagor himself, and that he'd get unpetrified to help stop the Snarl.

Bilbo Baggins
2020-09-13, 12:18 AM
Kraagor is the dwarf, Kraggor is the stone statue of him. Or maybe it should be spelt Craggor? Sadly Kraggor's life was for but a few short strips.

hroşila
2020-09-13, 05:27 AM
A way to show the statue has been "killed", a way to justify Xykon showing up right now and the source of the punchline. All of these things could have been accomplished in other ways, but you need to be economic if you don't want every scene to take up twice as many strips.

Precure
2020-09-13, 02:29 PM
A contrived plot device to justify Xykon's sudden appearance. Also, decapitation is fun.

Fyraltari
2020-09-13, 02:42 PM
Kraagor is the dwarf, Kraggor is the stone statue of him.

Yes. I approve.

Morquard
2020-09-13, 04:45 PM
A contrived plot device to justify Xykon's sudden appearance. Also, decapitation is fun.

There was a lot of noise, a lot of spell casting, a giant dwarf with a giant hammer and lightning. Xykon showing up is not contrived at all.

semi
2020-09-14, 08:43 AM
I'm an idiot; I had already forgotten about strip 1211 and the animate object spell. Whoops.

Worldsong
2020-09-14, 08:49 AM
I'm an idiot; I had already forgotten about strip 1211 and the animate object spell. Whoops.

Wait, so your mental image was that Durkon and Minrah just attacked the statue out of nowhere?

I'm not judging. In fact it's a pretty funny thought: Durkon yells "We've got to run!" and he and Minrah promptly turn around, whack the statue, and leg it.

:redcloak:: "...What was that for?"

Fyraltari
2020-09-14, 09:40 AM
Wait, so your mental image was that Durkon and Minrah just attacked the statue out of nowhere?

I'm not judging. In fact it's a pretty funny thought: Durkon yells "We've got to run!" and he and Minrah promptly turn around, whack the statue, and leg it.

To quote Doctor Who, "Brilliant strategy. I take it you're trying to confuse the man."

semi
2020-09-14, 11:42 AM

Definitely not my most proud moment and one that had me scratching my head. I thought maybe it went rolling ahead (see what I did there?) to set off trip wires, break a force field, or set up a joke in another panel/strip but mostly I was just really confused. Here's the worse part: I even went back and reread a couple strips so now I don't know if I was too lazy to go back 3 strips (50% chance) or was just zoned out and missed (again) the Animate Dead panel (50%).

ti'esar
2020-09-15, 07:56 PM
Durkon is blocking the statue's attack with his shield in the first panel of this strip.

(That said, the mental image of him just whacking off an ordinary statue's head for no reason is hilarious, so don't take this the wrong way.)