PDA

View Full Version : icewind dale II help

Stycotl
2007-11-01, 03:20 PM
howdy all. i have been off and on playing the game, but got stuck in chap 5, dragons eye peak, on the last floor, the one where you have to poison the fountains. i poisoned them all, but my exit door still won't open. all baddies are dead. can't think of what else i should have done. any pointers? thanks.

Dhavaer
2007-11-01, 03:57 PM
Are you sure you got all the fountains?

Shikton
2007-11-03, 12:42 PM
Go check the Gamebanshee.com walkthrough. It has pictures.

Stycotl
2008-08-15, 05:42 PM
ok, so you are all gonna think i'm pretty pathetic, but yes, almost a year later, and actually a year and a half after i got stuck there, i still can't figure it out. all wells are poisoned.

today i decided that i was gonna figure it out since i have some time off--it's been a year and a half since i touched the game for longer than 5 minutes--and went back to level one. i also checked a few more of the helpful net guides. one of them mentioned that in the same alchemy lab that you have to use to make the hiistachi brew, you also have a table to do something with the wyvern poison:

Note that there are two tables in the lab, on which only one can be used for histachii brew and the other for wyvern poison.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/Walkthrough/chapter5/area2.php

i do seem to remember doing something on one of those tables with wyvern poison, but it is vague. when i put wyvern poison into the wells, am i just putting the little wyvern stingers (stats as a dagger with poison), or am i supposed to go alchemy up some wyvern stingers first, and then place those modified wyvern poisons in the wells at level 3?

thanks. this game is aggravating. i remember when i first got stuck, i was in iraq, and didn't have access to the internet, so i decided i would just start another party from the beginning. yeah, that lasted for all of half a level and then i got bored.

maybe this time i will finish it. shame to waste those cool, 15th-level characters.

aaron out.

mangosta71
2008-08-15, 11:35 PM
Been a long time since I played, but I seem to recall needing to use the table to draw poison out of the stingers.

Zeful
2008-08-15, 11:40 PM
You need to draw the poison out of the stingers and then put that into the wells.

Oh, and FYI you're not on the bottom floor yet.

Stycotl
2008-08-16, 03:06 PM
sweet! so what do i need to do to make the poison? i have the stingers, i have the table (duh), far left isn't it? the far right is for the hiistachi brew if i remember right. what other ingredients do i need? i ask because it has been over a year, all of the bodies of our foes have disappeared, and we've used/sold the majority of the items we've gotten, and discarded the worthless quest items. so i will have to backtrack through levels to find discarded madrake root and stuff laying around the cavern floors.