PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Frog on a frog needs build advice.

Zoltro
2020-09-14, 02:35 AM
Hello everyone.

Your advice is greatly appreciated with the build of this character. For the Ruins of Azlant game I'm playing in, I decided to make a flavourful character after my old one died. I wanted to make a mounted character, and landed on the hunter class. It has an archetype that gives you some water based options (pelagic hunter).
The race and class I would like to use are set in stone, and so is the type of mount I would be using. I know they aren't mechanically the best choices, but it does please me I can play a frog on a frog.

The race is Grippli, and his mount will be a Giant Frog. I'd like him to be able to flank from his mount. I know there's a feat called pack flanking, but it needs combat expertise. I'm spreading my ability scores really thin if I'm picking that up. At level 6 (our current level) I would have 16 str (15+1 from level 4, and a belt of giant strength +2, -2 racial), 14 dex, 14 con, 13 int, 14 wis, and 7 cha (my only dumpstat).
My feats I would have are combat expertise, power attack, mounted combat. The free teamwork feat I get at level 3 will be pack flanking, but the one at level 6 is still open. My giant frog will get light armor proficiency, power attack and dirty fighting (it allows me to pick up improved grapple and greater grapple later on).
I'm looking to continue the mounted combat into spirited charge. Getting triple damage on a charge with a lance is pretty sweet. If there are other options for dealing good damage, while using the same concept (frog fighting from on top of a giant frog), I'm all ears.

I know that I'm lacking in the damage department, and I really want to be able to contribute to the group. I'm just not familiar enough with pathfinder to make this work. If there are people who could help me improve this character, I'd love to hear any advice.

Regards,
Zoltro

Palanan
2020-09-14, 04:34 PM
For your sixth-level teamwork feat, Improved Spell Sharing would be handy for a mount, since when mounted you'll always be adjacent.

Zoltro
2020-09-15, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely take that into consideration. Hopefully there are some nice spells on the hunter list that give a damage boost to him and his pet by using that feat.