PDA

View Full Version : A Little different sorta Wizard question...

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-11-01, 04:36 PM
What would you think of a Wizard with the Effigy Master PrC and focusing on summoning, creating constructs and golems, and buffing the heckoutta that which he creates? Would a standard Wizard get that done? No artificer allowed :frown: On the other side of the Gestalt, would be the Psionic equivalent; astral constructs, major creation, that sort of thing?

What would be the feats and such that you would take? :smalltongue:

Iku Rex
2007-11-01, 05:11 PM
Level? Books?

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-01, 05:20 PM
The shaper psion is not that great, you're much better off taking that feat which gives you any one power and take astral construct. Then just go telepath or something. As for the wizard, it works I mean come on its a wizard!

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-11-01, 05:38 PM
Level? Books?

Oh, my bad. All the 3.5 books; PHB, PHBII, Complete series, Arcana Evolved, Unearthed Arcana, Mongoose Publishing books.

I do agree about the Shaper Psion; it can be a little weak, but I do like the RP behind the idea.

Squee_nabob
2007-11-01, 06:51 PM
effigy master is vastly overpowered. Hot fix, change hit dice to CR, or even LA.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-11-01, 06:53 PM
effigy master is vastly overpowered. Hot fix, change hit dice to CR, or even LA.

What exactly makes the Effigy Master overpowered? Just a question :smile:

Temp
2007-11-01, 08:13 PM
The shaper psion is not that great, you're much better off taking that feat which gives you any one power and take astral construct. Then just go telepath or something. As for the wizard, it works I mean come on its a wizard!If you do this, you might also consider Expanded-Know;edge-ing Ectoplasmic Cocoon. That 'un's a winner.

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-01, 10:34 PM
What exactly makes the Effigy Master overpowered? Just a question :smile:

Ditto, one of my players is going into it and planning on building a tiger...I'm getting worried what are the limits?

Iku Rex
2007-11-01, 11:23 PM
What exactly makes the Effigy Master overpowered? Just a question :smile:He's probably talking about a "creative" interpretation that lets you put (pretty much) as many templates on the effigy as you can find, on the basis that it doesn't explicitly say you can't.

leperkhaun
2007-11-02, 02:01 AM
I would say depending on the level of power in your campgaign no reason not too. In higher power levels though, summoners tend to be a bit under par compared to the batman types.

Combined with some cc and battlefield control summoned creatures can help take away enemy options, also some critters have huge grapple checks that can tie up enemies and lock down casters if they dont have freedom of movement on.

Another option you might think about taking is leadership and seeing if you can get a cohort that would fill the same place as an effigy master's effigy thingy. An awakened animal with barbarian levels works well.

why123
2007-11-02, 04:13 AM
Oh, my bad. All the 3.5 books; PHB, PHBII, Complete series, Arcana Evolved, Unearthed Arcana, Mongoose Publishing books.

I do agree about the Shaper Psion; it can be a little weak, but I do like the RP behind the idea.:smallsmile: