PDA

View Full Version : A Tsukiko thread for a change.

Threeshades
2007-11-01, 04:55 PM
Well I guess we all remember Tsukiko saying "I really love the undead" wether we remember it as a funny joke or as a hideous mark burned into our brains.

Ive just today accidentally found a rather disturing feat in the Book of Vile Darkness (I know the whole book is rather disturbing, but this specific feat was... well).
This feat is called "Lichloved" and for the sake of people's mental health I will not describe here how this feat is aquired.
However I thought maybe Tsukiko does actually have this feat or is aspiring to become "lichloved"

What do you think?

Alfryd
2007-11-01, 04:59 PM
You get it, according to the book, by "repeatedly committing perverted sex acts with the undead".

Which might not be as bad as it sounds. I mean, vampires can be relatively savoury fare, right?

Morty
2007-11-01, 05:04 PM
I think that disturbing images aside, it's obvious that we haven't seen the last of her. She'll probably aspire to become Head Lackey in place of Redcloak.

Shatteredtower
2007-11-01, 05:06 PM
The wording of this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0446.html) suggests that her years as an intern graverobber might have involved a mixing a fair amount of pleasure in the business.

Lord Zentei
2007-11-01, 05:09 PM
I think that disturbing images aside, it's obvious that we haven't seen the last of her. She'll probably aspire to become Head Lackey in place of Redcloak.

She certainly desires to, though only Redcloak knows the rituals for the gate, and I can't see him telling Tsukiko about them any time soon.

Other than that, note that Tsukiko is both an arcane and a divine caster, so she might conceivably replace Xykon... (or, if she gains the ritual, perhaps even both, allowing her to go solo - though SoD does seem to imply that it's basically Redcloak or nothing).

Incidentally, what does the Lichloved Feat do?

<- does not have the Book of Vile Darkness.

Swashbuckler
2007-11-01, 05:19 PM
Other than her comments in those strips, what do we really know about this aspiring evil waif? Or, as Rob Zombie would say ...

"Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead?" :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2007-11-01, 05:22 PM

With Lichloved, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting affects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease.

Spiryt
2007-11-01, 05:23 PM

Here you are. (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Lich_Loved,BV) Check if you want. Bonus is not worth it, brrrrr, I must say.

EDIT: Ninj'ed, but not entirely.

Green Bean
2007-11-01, 05:40 PM
Other than that, note that Tsukiko is both an arcane and a divine caster, so she might conceivably replace Xykon... (or, if she gains the ritual, perhaps even both, allowing her to go solo - though SoD does seem to imply that it's basically Redcloak or nothing).

SoD spoilers

I doubt it. Start of Darkness seemed to imply that you need to be a pretty powerful caster to manipulate the gates, and while Tsukiko is obviously at a fairly high level, her power's divided. Besides, with the effect the ritual would actually have, even if Tsukiko could pull the thing off solo, there wouldn't be much of a point; she doesn't really have a goal that would be helped along by the limited control of the Snarl the ritual offers.

Migodnar
2007-11-01, 05:48 PM
The wording of this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0446.html) suggests that her years as an intern graverobber might have involved a mixing a fair amount of pleasure in the business.

Wow that's incredibly gross.

Alfryd
2007-11-01, 05:51 PM
Bonus is not worth it, brrrrr, I must say.
Hulloooo? Vampires!?

Roy might want to look out for this one. (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Nymph~s_Kiss,BE)

WarriorTribble
2007-11-01, 06:49 PM
You've been corrupted by the unholiness that is Ann Rice Alfryd. :smalltongue: ...In other news so it's possible to enhance yourself with essentially multiple hand jobs from the undead? I do love zee vague wording.

Holammer
2007-11-01, 09:16 PM
You get it, according to the book, by "repeatedly committing perverted sex acts with the undead".

Which might not be as bad as it sounds. I mean, vampires can be relatively savoury fare, right?

Sure, if they look like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. Majority of the undeads remain horrible grotesque parodies of rotting flesh and bones. Either way I think Tsukiko's wasting her time... I can't see Xykon "warm up" this biophilia stuff anyway.

dragongirl13
2007-11-01, 09:26 PM
Blech. That is not a feat any character I create will ever have. Disgusting.

But Tsukiko will probably have that feat sometime... I mean, she does have necrophilia.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-01, 09:29 PM
Hulloooo? Vampires!?

How perverted is it, though, if the undead is still more alive than dead? And human-looking? And charming? The whole "perverted acts" clause makes things ...tricky.

Green Bean
2007-11-01, 09:50 PM
How perverted is it, though, if the undead is still more alive than dead? And human-looking? And charming? The whole "perverted acts" clause makes things ...tricky.

It isn't all fun and games, you know. Pelor help you if you catch Zombie Crabs.

psychoticbarber
2007-11-01, 09:52 PM

"Cleric, I need you to turn undead on my crotch!"

MCerberus
2007-11-01, 09:56 PM

And thus we've learned the secret origin of all the face huggers in videogames... be sure to have your special shampoo contain holy water.

Castamir
2007-11-02, 03:37 AM
Here you are. (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Lich_Loved,BV) Check if you want. Bonus is not worth it, brrrrr, I must say.
Hulloooo? Vampires!?

Roy might want to look out for this one. (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Nymph~s_Kiss,BE)
Uhm, can anyone say the word "balance"?
Lich Loved: +1 to saves vs mind-affecting, poison, paralysis, sleep and disease
Nymph's Kiss: +1 to saves vs all spells and all spell-likes, and +2 to all CHA checks, and a bunch of free skill points

As these books came out as counterparts to each other, I would expect feats to be about as powerful. These two are obviously related as both make the relevant type of creatures believe you're one of them (again, all fey vs only mindless undead).

Demented
2007-11-02, 04:03 AM
One has to wonder, if you're evil, is there any act that is perverse?
Could be a rather difficult feat to acquire, if your standards are low enough. Ironically.

Alfryd
2007-11-02, 04:44 AM
I can't see Xykon "warm up" this biophilia stuff anyway.
How is that... physically possible? I mean, I suppose a certain degree of mechanical stimulation on Tsukiko's end would be possible, but wouldn't she have to make regular Fort saves vs. Paralysis/death?
Would that count as perverse?

Besides, Xykon's busy researching the Epic spell, "Xykon's Olfactory Substitution Charm". He really likes his coffee.

You've been corrupted by the unholiness that is Ann Rice Alfryd.
Actually, you can blame Whedon. Darn you Buffy! Darn you to Heck!

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-02, 06:04 AM
Personally, I'd say that doing anything like that with undead would be perverse (getting Nymph's Kiss would definitly be a lot more pleasent). Would you get these feats automitically from being in a relationship with a fey/zombie, or would you need to spend a feat slot on getting them?

TheMeanDM
2007-11-02, 08:36 AM
SoD spoilers

I doubt it. Start of Darkness seemed to imply that you need to be a pretty powerful caster to manipulate the gates, and while Tsukiko is obviously at a fairly high level, her power's divided. Besides, with the effect the ritual would actually have, even if Tsukiko could pull the thing off solo, there wouldn't be much of a point; she doesn't really have a goal that would be helped along by the limited control of the Snarl the ritual offers.

She could be a gestalt character...so no division in power.

Blink Dawg
2007-11-02, 09:10 AM
Would you get these feats automitically from being in a relationship with a fey/zombie, or would you need to spend a feat slot on getting them?

No, you definitely need to qualify for Vile/Exalted feats and 'spend' a feat slot.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-02, 09:18 AM
What I know about her had taught me to invest in a lich ceremony myself.:smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-02, 09:18 AM
Thanks for telling me. Wouldn't she have said if she was a gestalt character rather then a MT due to how much more powerful a gestalt would be?

Chronos
2007-11-02, 01:47 PM
Nymph's Kiss: +1 to saves vs all spells and all spell-likes, and +2 to all CHA checks, and a bunch of free skill pointsPlus it's a lot more fun to qualify for Nymph's Kiss.

I think that the balancing factor is that exalted feats in general have much tighter requirements on them. If you ever perform any evil deed at all, you lose all your exalted feats, with no chance to ever gain them back. I don't think that vile feats are quite so strict.

Manticorkscrew
2007-11-02, 01:49 PM
Ah... I've got it! Tsukiko and Xykon are getting married in strip 500! It all makes sense now. It's the only combination nobody has thought of yet.

Alfryd
2007-11-02, 02:13 PM
I doubt it. Start of Darkness seemed to imply that you need to be a pretty powerful caster to manipulate the gates, and while Tsukiko is obviously at a fairly high level, her power's divided.
Actually, the whole point to being a Mystic Theurge is that, once you get past the first few levels, your power isn't divided. You take 3 levels in cleric, 3 levels in wizard, and by level 16 you're equivalent in spellcasting ability to both a level 13 cleric AND a level 13 wizard. (However, since you can't (generally) cast 2 spells in one round, the utility of this combo is limited.)

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-02, 02:18 PM
by durkon?

why?

reorith
2007-11-02, 02:56 PM
i never realized she had heterochromaitc eyes. before. how cool is that? ~desu

Lord Zentei
2007-11-02, 03:15 PM
SoD spoilers

Though when Team Evil were imprisoned by Lirian, Redcloak apparently wasn't high enough level to cast Heal -- rather limiting the maximum level that is necessary.

EDIT: Ninj'ed, but not entirely.

I see... rather "Evil Dead", sort of.

Whether or not it is worth it depends on the undead, presumably. :smallwink:

Runolfr
2007-11-02, 03:33 PM
Nymph's Kiss: +1 to saves vs all spells and all spell-likes, and +2 to all CHA checks, and a bunch of free skill points

The Lich-Loved benefit applies to extraordinary and supernatural abilities, not just spells and spell-like abilities. It gives you the bonus against the poison of a monstrous spider as well as a Poison spell, and you get the bonus against the diseased bite of dire rats as well as against disease-causing magic.

Kurald Galain
2007-11-02, 03:35 PM
As these books came out as counterparts to each other, I would expect feats to be about as powerful. These two are obviously related as both make the relevant type of creatures believe you're one of them (again, all fey vs only mindless undead).

It's called the Book of Exalted Cheese for a reason.

However, people interested in that Fey feat should keep a wary eye out for the nastier side of the fae. Celtic mythology is full of mortals ending up jinxed, transformed, or not returning. Interestingly, so are some books by Jack Vance.

Twilight Jack
2007-11-02, 04:18 PM
It's called the Book of Exalted Cheese for a reason.

However, people interested in that Fey feat should keep a wary eye out for the nastier side of the fae. Celtic mythology is full of mortals ending up jinxed, transformed, or not returning. Interestingly, so are some books by Jack Vance.

Hell, it's the entire theme of White Wolf's new game Changeling: The Lost.

DreadSpoon
2007-11-02, 05:00 PM

First, notice that Nymph feat requires "maintaining a relationship" while the Lichloved feat requires only past depraved acts. The wording isn't that clear, but one could easily rule that the PC loses all benefits of the feat if the relationship ends, thereby turning it into a totally useless wasted feat slot.

Second, all books outside of the core are horrendously lame. They're produced because D&D losers in their parents basements want more ways to make their pretend characters "superhero ninja cool" so they can retreat from their pathetic real lives. Good dungeon-exploring role-playing requires nothing more than the three core books, and only parts of them at that (ignore pretty much everything relevant to characters past 12th level or so).

Purple Cloak
2007-11-02, 05:11 PM
They're produced because D&D losers in their parents basements want more ways to make their pretend characters "superhero ninja cool" so they can retreat from their pathetic real lives.

not one of us then? :smallamused:

DreadSpoon
2007-11-02, 06:06 PM
not one of us then?

No, of course not. Likewise, I certainly do not myself own eight non-core books. I mean, that would just be hypocritical!