PDA

View Full Version : Player Help DM gave me pre-made Rogue 3/Bard 2 build as a companion, ideas for further build out?

Stink Gash
2020-09-16, 01:50 AM
I have a rogue who recently took the leadership skill and acquired a minion. The DM gave me a Rogue 3/Bard 2 build (see below). They said I can't change what he gave me but I can level him at my discretion. I've been trying to max out the build based on what I already have, but it's difficult because its a multi-class character. A person in my campaign suggested Master of Masks, which I think might work out well given what I have to start with. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Deep Halfling
Rogue 3 / Bard 2
Init: +3 Speed: 20 Darkvision: 60
Str 12
dex 16
con 12
int 14
wis 14
cha 18
SAVES
Fort
Ref
Will
Mod
race
bard
rogue

+3
+10
+9
+2 vs fear effects
Languages: Halfling, Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic
HP: 33 (4d6 + 12)
AC: 18 = 10 + 1(sz) + 3(dex) + 3(arm) + 1 (defl) | touch: 15 | Flat: 15
BAB: +4 (+1 small, +2 rogue, +1 bard)
Grpl: +1 (+4 BAB, + 1 str, -4 small)
Sneak Attack: +2d6
Attacks (all bonuses factored in)
+8 mwk rapier (1d4 + 1 / 18-20)
+9 mwk throwing daggers (x4) (10 ft range, 1d4 / 19-20)
Gear (gear bonuses already factored in)
Mwk studded leather, ring protect (+1), cloak of charisma (+2), Disguise kit (+2), entertainers outfit, mitts of glibness (+2)
Class Skills

Mod
Rank
Misc
Appraise
7/9
(+2 stone, +4 metal)
Craft (stone)

Craft (metal)
Listen

Hide

Balance

Bluff

Climb

Decipher

Diplomacy
Disable

Disguise
Escape

Forgery
Gather info

Intimidate

Jump

Move silent

Open lock

Perform (beatbox)

Profession (Con artist)

Search

Sense motive

Sleight of hand
Spot

Swim

Tumble

Use magic device
9/13
(+4 scrolls)
Use rope

Concentrate

Knowledge (local)

Knowledge (arcana)

Knowledge (history)

Spellcraft

Abilities / Feats
Deep Halfling traits: Stonecunning; +1 atk with slings and throwing weapons; all other racial traits already factored in
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap Sense +1
Bardic Music (see below)
Bardic Knowledge: A bard can make a Bardic Knowledge check in place of any regular knowledge check. The bonus for this check is +1 per Bard level + cha mod. If you have 5 ranks in Knowledge (history), you get an additional +2. Current bonus: +5 (+2 Bard level, +4 cha, +2 history)
Bardic Spells (see below)
Weapon finesse (rapier)
Melodic Casting: Allows the bard to cast spells simultaneously with use of Bardic Music; use perform checks in place of concentration checks. Without this feat, a bard would have to stop performing in order to cast a spell.

Bardic Music (2/day)
Inspire Courage: Allies within earshot gain +1 vs fear/charm, +1 on atk/dmg
Countersong: Allies within 30ft can use the Bard’s perform check instead of their own saving throw against any sonic- or language-dependent magical attacks
Fascinate: Creatures within 90ft that can both hear and see the bard make a will save, DC = Bard’s Perform check. Creatures that fail become fascinated, sitting and quietly watching until the performance ends, taking no other actions. Fascinated creatures take a -4 penalty to react or notice things going on around them, but an obvious threat or danger breaks the enchantment.

Bardic Spells
Bardic Spells Known
0th: Message, Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Songbird (+1 on next cha skill after performing)
1st: Empathy (detect surface feelings, gain a +2 to bluff/diplo/intim/sense)
Distract (target takes -4 to concentrate/spot/search/listen)
Spells per day
0th: □ □ □
1st: □

Telok
2020-09-16, 02:02 AM
1. You need to ask the mods to move this to the D&D 3.5 subforum.
2. Formatting. You did a cut & paste from a character sheet. That includes a bunch of stuff that's mostly useless and it's basically unreadable for a good chunk of the post. A few basics and linking to an online sheet is fine.
3. Please use the preview button before posting.
4. For the actual character you should first decide what you want out of all of this. The character will easily qualify for many different PrCs, especially if you shell out for a psychic reformation to rebuild the skills & feats.

Palanan
2020-09-16, 11:19 AM
Seconding the need to clean up the formatting here. You can remove the long stack of skill ranks and condense the rest fairly easily.

Given that this is a deep halfling, it seems strange that he doesn't have Undercommon as one of his languages. Your DM may have given you those particular languages for campaign-specific reasons, but it looks like a fairly generic spread to me, and I'd think Undercommon would be a natural for this race.

Also, don't forget the deep halfling's ability to intuit depth, which is fairly niche but still might be useful.

Falontani
2020-09-16, 11:45 PM
There are many ways you can go with this type of character, to the point that the real question is where you want to go. What kind of party composition do you have already, is the halfling meant to be a party support character?