PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Improving some Lost Mine of Phandelver villains in Princes of the Apocalypse

KorickRax
2020-09-16, 05:59 PM
Greetings, (donīt know how to start but here we go)

So I am dming the Lost Mine of Phandelver for some friends. We play using dicecloud and discord and one my friends has dmed a lot of hardcovers for 5th edition D&D. We have made a chronology of the hardcovers we have played and right now (for a change of pace) I am the DM.

After The Lost Mine of Phandelver we decided to follow up with Princes of the Apocalypse. I have been trying to change the adventure as most as posibles since two of the players already played it halfway (they had another group but it was with starter characters and they never finished it). I want to tie some of the villains of this adventure to the larger one and not just being some random NPC villains in a small zone.

So for context the party are:

Niv a Transmuter Kobold
Varg an Orc Berserker and chef
Jeremiah Naveen a Grung Paladin Oath of Heroism
Yangchen Wan an Air Genasi Monk Way of the Four Elements (I use a homebrew version which has more Avatar flavour)

Right now they did not fight Iarno "Glastaff" Albreck because they decided to go for the orc sidequest instead of going to the Redbrand hideout so it was empty when they arrived. They still think that Iarno is part of the Lords Alliance and know nothing of his betrayal. Because of this they do not know about the Black Spider either.

They are currently in the Cragmaw Castle, I changed King Grol (The Bugbear) to Brughor Axe-biter so that it had some connection with the Orc Varg (Brughor is the warchief of his tribe). I am planning for having Iarno there and for him to help the characters during their final fight against Brughor (so that they think he was just a spy but still a "good guy").

I would like transform Nezznar (the black spider), Brughor and Iarno into cultists of the Elemental Evil. So that they encounter them after Phandelver is completed. Right now I am putting Nezznar with the earth cult, Brughor with the fire cult and Iarno with the air. I am thinking into maybe having them become the prophets or at least some high member of the cults.

So I am wondering if any of you had any ideas for these two points:

1. Which features would you consider to be aproppiate for each cult?. For example I am giving Brughor the Desert Aura from the storm herald barbarian tho showcase his affinity to the cult of fire. For Nezznar I am thinking the Underdark Circle of the Land Druid but I donīt know and for Iarno I have no clue.

2. Which villain NPC would you choose to be part of the elemental cult of water in LMoP?

Thank you very much,:smallsmile:

PS: In this adventure Venomfang (the green dragon) is actually and Emerald Dragon and maybe IÂīll have him join the cult of earth as well.