PDA

View Full Version : Trying to build a character around the delicious feat

Zhepna
2020-09-18, 12:38 AM
Hi,

We play 3.5. I try to build a character around the delicious feat.
Delicious
Someone cast divine flavor on you.
Effect: All monsters attack you if able, regardless of their attitude toward the rest of the party. In addition, you go down smooth.
When subjected to a swallow whole special attack, you are treated as two size categories smaller than you are.

I want it to be axed on be swallowed by creatures and on the comedy side of it but I hardly find anything. I remember an old post about a build using Chicken infested and a diminutive sized character. The chicken were trying to swallow him but I cannot find the thread and don't remember the goal to be swallowed by the chicken.

It'll be an aquatic campaign with boat fight so maybe they could put me in the water to attract fishes.

We start at level one but I'm really open for anything.

I saw on those board a player playing a sandwich casting mage hand to move himself but I don't think a sandwich is a playable race.

It could be a race with regenerate that is the boat cook, he could cut one of his leg to cook it and serve it to the crew.

Maybe there are race or prestige class specially made to be swallowed. I wish it is the case but find nothing. Dragon magazine is allowed.

Anyhow, the first ability is good to be the party tank if it gives ideas.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Raishoiken
2020-09-18, 07:20 AM
This is actually a funny idea. The sandwich thing involves a trick that lets you keep your mind inside of a sandwich

Saintheart
2020-09-18, 07:55 AM
- Get as big a Reach as possible, max DEX, take Combat Reflexes, Stormguard Warrior or otherwise just optimise your AoOs. If the monsters are irresistibly drawn to you they have to pass threatened squares.

- Could turn yourself into a Heisenberg's Throat Lozenge by taking Jotunbrud since that deems you Large whenever Swallow Whole is used on you.

ShurikVch
2020-09-18, 08:09 AM
Weresheep is even better, since it gives delicious in the alternate form (thus, you would be able to on/off it) - along with DR, claws, and other common Lycanthropy goodness
The only possible problem is if the DM would enforcing LA (RAW for the flaw doesn't clarifying this moment)

The Viscount
2020-09-21, 08:57 PM
There are 2 means of weaponizing being swallowed.

13 levels of warlock with the venemous blood ACF from Drow of the Underdark gives you poison blood, so any creature that uses swallow whole or damages you with a bite attack is exposed (1d3 str/1d3 str, dc 10+1/2 warlock level + Cha). It's somehow considered a contact poison, but you can't use it to poison your weapons until level 18.

7 levels of binder (or 5 with the improved binding feat, which you can buy with binder's bonus feat) lets you bind Eurynome, who gives you poison blood. Again works against creatures that swallow you whole or hit you with a bite attack, this one deals hitpoint damage (1d6 initial, 1d6/3 binder levels secondary). This one specifies that each round of being swallowed counts as another dose.

For bonus fun consider the spell Horrible Taste, which makes creatures nauseated when they bite you, and makes creatures of Int 2 or less that fail their save become unwilling to bite you again. Witness as they are torn between two opposite compulsions!

liquidformat
2020-09-21, 09:30 PM
Weresheep is even better, since it gives delicious in the alternate form (thus, you would be able to on/off it) - along with DR, claws, and other common Lycanthropy goodness
The only possible problem is if the DM would enforcing LA (RAW for the flaw doesn't clarifying this moment)

was weresheep one of those april fools monsters? otherwise as printed a sheep isn't a valid choice for lycanthrope as it isn't carnivorous or omnivorous...

flappeercraft
2020-09-21, 09:44 PM
was weresheep one of those april fools monsters? otherwise as printed a sheep isn't a valid choice for lycanthrope as it isn't carnivorous or omnivorous...

Its an April fools flaw actually, its from the same article in which Delicious comes from.