PDA

View Full Version : Player Help A nice and clear web-based character sheet generator

gfajdi
2020-09-18, 03:00 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a web-based character sheet generator that it's not too crowded and opaque.
I've been using the Forged Anvil character sheet generator so far.

I like it, but it's obviously Excel-based and I would rather have something on the web that I can access from anywhere.

Do you have any recommendations?

Mastikator
2020-09-18, 03:14 AM
www.dndbeyond.com has a paid version, a friend helped me make a character using it and it seemed to work fine. Downside is that it doesn't output the character into wizard's own character sheet format

swamp_slug
2020-09-18, 04:10 AM
I find D&D Beyond is a good resource to use. You can create a character using the Basic rules/SRD for free and if you want additional content, such as subclasses from Xanathar's or races from Volo's, you can either purchase the entire book or you can purchase only subclass/race/feat/spell you want. While the site offers subscriptions, these are not needed to create characters.

Finally, while it is intended for users to use their online character sheet, all characters can be exported to a form-fillable PDF that is a slightly modified version of the character sheets available on the Wizards website.

Lunali
2020-09-18, 06:50 AM
I find D&D Beyond is a good resource to use. You can create a character using the Basic rules/SRD for free and if you want additional content, such as subclasses from Xanathar's or races from Volo's, you can either purchase the entire book or you can purchase only subclass/race/feat/spell you want. While the site offers subscriptions, these are not needed to create characters.

One other method, if you already have a copy of the subclass/race/etc in another form, you can "homebrew" a duplicate for your own use.

kingcheesepants
2020-09-18, 06:59 AM
aidedd.org has a character generator that has some of the expansions (eberron, volo's, xanathar's) included so that's an easier way to do it if you don't want to spend the money rebuying the books for the website or spend half an hour copy pasting stuff into d&d beyond. You can also save in a couple different formats and share it with your DM (if he has an account) so that's useful.