PDA

View Full Version : Scorpionfolk deity?

eyebreaker7
2020-09-20, 06:59 PM
Is there a specific deity that scorpionfolk worship and if so where I can find the info?

Bullet06320
2020-09-20, 07:36 PM
listed as stingers, monsters of fareun has them living in Maztica, pg 80-81, favored class be cleric, but no info on deities

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/176961/TWC3-Claw-and-Sting--The-Scorpionfolk-of-the-True-World-Underdark

best source i can find

Venger
2020-09-20, 07:39 PM
Some worship gods from an Aztec-inspired pantheon, the Mazticans. Specific gods revered are Nula (animal goddess), Plutoq (earth god), or Zaltec (war god) according to an old 2e monstrous compendium. As far as I know, none of the Maztican deities got ported over to 3e, so if you just need fluff, you can keep the old gods in, and if you needed something mechanical, you're probably safe saying they worship Lolth. One arachnid's as good as another.

Troacctid
2020-09-20, 07:51 PM
In a generic setting, Al-Ishtus from Sandstorm would be a good fit.

Thurbane
2020-09-20, 09:30 PM
In some mythologies, Scorpion Men were said to be created by Tiamat...but that would probably feel weird in D&D, since she is pretty much only concerned with dragons.

In FR, Set from the Mulhorandi pantheon might fit: he is LE, and his divine minions (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) are able to transform into giant scorpions.

The Viscount
2020-09-20, 09:37 PM
If you're looking for scorpion deities, you can always go with Vulkoor, who grants the same domains as the Mockery.

Bohandas
2020-09-21, 01:34 AM
If you're looking for scorpion deities, you can always go with Vulkoor, who grants the same domains as the Mockery.

That's what I was thinking, since he's the scorpion god

Maat Mons
2020-09-21, 11:51 AM
Wasn't there a campaign setting that switched drow from having a spider theme to having a scorpion theme instead? And changed driders into what I like to call drorpions? Scorpionfolk are pretty similar to drorpions, so you might be able to crib a bunch of lore from there.

Palanan
2020-09-21, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Maat Mons
Wasn't there a campaign setting that switched drow from having a spider theme to having a scorpion theme instead? And changed driders into what I like to call drorpions? Scorpionfolk are pretty similar to drorpions, so you might be able to crib a bunch of lore from there.

I believe this is Eberron, and I think their patron in that setting is Vulkoor, with a scorpion theme.

Thurbane
2020-09-21, 03:38 PM
So, maybe:

Generic setting = Al-Ishtus
Eberron = Vulkoor
FR = Set
Greyhawk = Damaran (?)

The Viscount
2020-09-21, 08:03 PM

I believe this is Eberron, and I think their patron in that setting is Vulkoor, with a scorpion theme.

Palanan is correct. They're described more in Secrets of Xendrik, though they've opted to call them Scorrow instead of drorpions.