PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler Beguiler

Fax Celestis
2007-11-01, 07:52 PM
In one of the Faerun books (Shining South, to be precise), there's a creature called a Beguiler. I have an incredible need to play a beguiler beguiler, so I can beguile people with my beguiling beguiler beguiler beguilerness.

Anyway.

Anyone have good ideas as to setting the LA for such a beast?

MCerberus
2007-11-01, 08:03 PM
ga... herk... blechk...

You broke my brain I had to get the backup. I suggest you have this character really enjoy playing mind games on people.

Suzuro
2007-11-01, 08:16 PM
Wow...just....wow....I would do nothing except "Jedi Mind Tricks!" Over and over and over.

-Suzuro

BardicDuelist
2007-11-01, 08:54 PM
-4 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Int
True Seeing at will.
+8 hide, +8 climb. 10ft climb speed.

I would say that +2 would be a good LA. They seem considerable better than Planetouched (like Aasimar and Tieflings), but not as good as Fey'ri.

It does say that they are LA+0 as a cohort, so maybe just a +1 would be okay. With only a +4 to Dex, I would say +1 actually, so you may want to do that.

TheDarkOne
2007-11-01, 09:06 PM
Personally, I'd like to try the Gnome Artificer/Gnome Artificer. (a Gnome with levels in the Artificer class and the Gnome Artificer prc)

AtomicKitKat
2007-11-01, 11:12 PM
Fax: Heh. Stop leaving your spies behind in my brain. *drops a corpse* I was thinking about that about 12 hours before your post. If memory serves, the CO board was talking about it shortly after PHB2 came out.:smalltongue:

Me, I want to try out "The Greatest Leader Ever." Marshal/Outcast Champion/Orc Warlord/Legendary Leader/Warchief. He may not look like much, but man, his horde of Orcs will literally stampede you to death.:smallbiggrin:

MrNexx
2007-11-01, 11:21 PM
My dad has a dream to donate enough money to K-State that they will name a building after him.

He's torn over whether it would be James Hall or Hall Hall, however.

Icewalker
2007-11-02, 12:13 AM
You broke my brain I had to get the backup. I suggest you have this character really enjoy playing mind games on people.

Um, you know that this is Fax right? :smallbiggrin: You seem like the kind to be big on mind games.

Jannex
2007-11-02, 12:16 AM
In one of the Faerun books (Shining South, to be precise), there's a creature called a Beguiler. I have an incredible need to play a beguiler beguiler, so I can beguile people with my beguiling beguiler beguiler beguilerness.

Anyway.

Anyone have good ideas as to setting the LA for such a beast?

I don't have much of use to say, other than *waves to fellow NaNo-er*

mikeejimbo
2007-11-02, 12:18 AM
Heh, that's not even a bad race to play a Beguiler! The Int and Dex help, and Hide is always good.