PDA

View Full Version : What Expansions Do You Want to See

Thamir
2007-11-01, 08:44 PM
I just though it would be cool to ponder potential characters shticks (probably spelt wrong) etc.

For starters I would like to see an Order of the Rift adventure game where you have to battle against the high priest of the dark one's forces.

An Azure city war expansion.

To have Elan upgraded to include dashig swordsman abilities (kinda related to the above)

One where you can play as Xykon and Redcloak (a two player game)

An expansion which let you really customize characters (the equivelent of multiclassing)

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-02, 02:35 PM
I think that your two-player Xykon and Redcloak thing sounds pretty cool, or, it could be a sort of team versus game between Xykon and the OotS.

Anything to let my favorite character, Xykon, play more of a role in the game.

Old_el_Paso
2007-11-04, 03:06 PM
Maybe an Azure City expansion could have Hinjo and a double team Kazumi and Daigo. Example shticks: Names (Kazumi and Daigo card, same effect as Fool's Luck and Protective Spell), Smite Evil (Hinjo card, flip to boost weapon shtick [katana] when fighting a monster or Belkar) Something along the lines of that. :smallbiggrin:

sasuke898
2007-11-24, 01:06 AM
I think there should be an azure city war also. Or maybe the sidequest of when Roy goes through the forest looking for starmetal, and new PCs such as Hinjo or a druid:smallwink:

some_other_dave
2007-12-05, 07:25 PM
I'd really like to see a version of the game that plays in 2 hours or less... Or is that what the "Shortening" I keep reading about is?

-soD

donkyhotay
2007-12-15, 04:20 PM
yes, the shortening is meant to lessen the amount of time required to finish the game.

Flying Platypus
2008-01-06, 12:10 AM
With the evil side with :xykon: and :redcloak: you could also have :mitd: as well or maby :nale: :sabine: :thog: etc.

CelticDragonlor
2008-02-04, 05:48 PM
An Azure City expansion might need a different format to the game. The Dungeon format works well enough for a dungeon, but it wouldn't make as much sense with defending a city, nor political interactions.

Potentially, however, here's a few ideas to make it work...

1) Two "teams". Heroes and Villains... and each side is maneuvering through "levels" towards each other. The heroes are trying to fight through the hobgoblin-infested city from one end, and Xykon and Redcloak (and maybe the Hobgoblin elder, Darkness monster, etc) are fighting from the other end to try to get -into- the city. In gameplay, imagine half the people at one end of the table, and half at the other end. They're building the board away from themselves, towards the center of the table. And at some point, the two boards meet... let's say it's a 4-level board. By the end, it would look something like this:

Heroes - Lv 1 - Lv 2 - Lv 3 - Lv4 - Lv 3 - Lv 2 - Lv 1 - Villains

This way, people get to play both the heroes and the villains in the same game, in some sort of opposed competition. This could, arguably, be an "add-on" to a one-sided game... so a game could have only heroes or only villains as well.

2) A "defense" board. The heroes have to defend Azure City from Xykon. The format couldn't be "adventure forward and slay harder things" necessarily, though. Perhaps revealing new rooms means those spaces are now more well-defended from invasion, or means you can put troops there as defenses.

3) Something where the political intrigue and social aspect of the Azure City part of the story comes out. There was a lot of non-combat aspects... character development, political intrigue, and power playing. Perhaps instead of a combat-focused game, there could be more social elements to it, and the goal could be to get cleared before your trial/execution, stop one of the nobles from seizing power, or anything like that.

4) Potentially, #3 could be combined with a combat aspect of the game. There could be 2 parts to the board... expand "into the city" to deal with more challenging social/political challenges, and out into the battlefield to fight off Xykon. You could work it that the group could either split into "combat" and "noncombat" people, or have it where the best strategy is going back and forth.

5) Ships can add an element of interest to it, since they're involved in Azure City. Movement along an edge of the playing field, for example.

6) Could wait a while for the story to unfold in the comic, and see if there's anything that can be done with retaking Azure City. That would be a good combat-oriented equivalent of the game and could easily be worked into a "level" system, where you move closer to the center of the city.

osyluth
2008-02-06, 11:34 PM
Cliffport might be an interesting, if small, expansion. Go Leeky Windstaff!

zhang the wise
2008-02-16, 09:05 PM
Anything involving team evil would be great
Why be a caster like :vaarsuvius: if you could be like :xykon: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: