PDA

View Full Version : Cleric or Favored Soul

ChaosStar
2020-09-21, 07:31 PM
Back to my Disney Expies, next one is Rapunzel. Does Cleric or Favored Soul fit better for her? And if Cleric I was thinking about the Healing and Sun Domains. Deity is going to be Lathander.

Edit: Okay, that's BS that Lathander doesn't get the Healing Domain. Make that Renewal instead. Or maybe ask the DM to add Healing to Lathander's Domain list.

Palanan
2020-09-21, 09:45 PM
I would think rogue with a cleric dip would be a good fit for Raps.

EWP: Frying Pan is a must. If you're open to Pathfinder, there's a rogue archetype which trades sneak attack (which isn't her style) for all knowledges as class skills (since she reads a lot about everything).

bean illus
2020-09-21, 10:36 PM
Well, i don't know what class or level Rapunzel would be, but i doubt she has climb or use rope as a class skill.

ChaosStar
2020-09-22, 10:20 AM
DM okayed Lathander having the Healing Domain. Rolled stats and got 12/16/15/16/17/18. Decided to go Cloistered Cleric due to being trapped in the tower. Able Learner feat, Vulnerable and Noncombatant flaws. Going Morninglord and Radiant Servant for Prestige. How much of each would you guys recommend?

Telonius
2020-09-22, 10:51 AM
If we're going for maximum Expy-ness, I'd say full 10 levels of Morninglord. Creative Fire is absolutely perfect for the character, and it's based on Morninglord levels.

ChaosStar
2020-09-22, 11:02 AM
If we're going for maximum Expy-ness, I'd say full 10 levels of Morninglord. Creative Fire is absolutely perfect for the character, and it's based on Morninglord levels.

So Cloistered Cleric 4/Rogue 1/Morninglord 10/Radiant Servant 5? The Rogue level is so she gets Tumble and Use Rope as Class Skills. Also decided to give her the Augment Healing and Initiate of Lathander feats.

Malimar
2020-09-22, 12:04 PM
Well, i don't know what class or level Rapunzel would be, but i doubt she has climb or use rope as a class skill.
Have... have you seen the movie? Or are you being sarcastic? Use Rope is clearly her skill with the most ranks, plus Skill Focus and some relevant Skill Tricks and her hair is a magic item that gives bonuses to Climb and Use Rope (plus the healing thing). Half the movie is her using Use Rope to perform shenanigans with her hair, and everybody in the movie (including her) Climbs it a bunch too.

Toliudar
2020-09-22, 12:10 PM
The strong divine caster focus doesn't seem to mesh with how she's portrayed either in stories or the film. It also ignores her most distinct characteristic: the hair.

Perhaps a level or two of favoured soul for some basic healing, with a unique ability to reverse a year of aging 1/day? Then fill with at least one level each of rogue and bard, and finish with ten levels of Exemplar, focusing on use rope (hair)?

Arkain
2020-09-22, 12:15 PM
The strong divine caster focus doesn't seem to mesh with how she's portrayed either in stories or the film. It also ignores her most distinct characteristic: the hair.

Perhaps a level or two of favoured soul for some basic healing, with a unique ability to reverse a year of aging 1/day? Then fill with at least one level each of rogue and bard, and finish with ten levels of Exemplar, focusing on use rope (hair)?

For that reason I'm thinking Pathfinder Witch. For hexes consider, Feral Speech, Healing and of course Prehensile Hair. The familiar also fits nicely. Actually had a character in a group once who went in that direction and the player did realize the similarities. There was a lot of hair-induced healing :smallamused:
Alternatively, the White-Haired Witch archetype ditches hexes in favor of doing ALL the hair stuff and a couple rogue talents. Not exactly a good trade, but maybe worth it for the concept alone.

This does of course assume that Pathfinder content is allowed.

thorr-kan
2020-09-22, 02:48 PM
For that reason I'm thinking Pathfinder Witch. For hexes consider, Feral Speech, Healing and of course Prehensile Hair. The familiar also fits nicely. Actually had a character in a group once who went in that direction and the player did realize the similarities. There was a lot of hair-induced healing :smallamused:
Alternatively, the White-Haired Witch archetype ditches hexes in favor of doing ALL the hair stuff and a couple rogue talents. Not exactly a good trade, but maybe worth it for the concept alone.

This does of course assume that Pathfinder content is allowed.
Is there a way to tack one hex back onto the White-Haired Witch archetype? That way you can have both...

Arkain
2020-09-22, 08:38 PM
Is there a way to tack one hex back onto the White-Haired Witch archetype? That way you can have both...

Not sure if you can do it directly, but you could do it in a roundabout way. Go for a couple levels of either Hexcrafter Magus (4 levels) or Shaman (2 levels) and you'll end up with hexes. Hexcrafter does not allow you to take Extra Hex, but you could go for Extra Arcana and take some hexes that way. Shaman ends up giving you some hexes and maybe you could make some weird argument that since you're a Witch and eligible for Extra Hex now, you may take hexes from their list. Of course, the hexes of Shaman and Witch have some overlap anyhow and a Shaman can always go for Witch Hex, to pick up Slumber, say.

Come to think of it, a Rapunzel Hexcrafter who uses her hair, a frying pan and magic at the same time does sound intriguing :smallbiggrin:

thorr-kan
2020-09-23, 12:06 PM
Not sure if you can do it directly, but you could do it in a roundabout way. Go for a couple levels of either Hexcrafter Magus (4 levels) or Shaman (2 levels) and you'll end up with hexes. Hexcrafter does not allow you to take Extra Hex, but you could go for Extra Arcana and take some hexes that way. Shaman ends up giving you some hexes and maybe you could make some weird argument that since you're a Witch and eligible for Extra Hex now, you may take hexes from their list. Of course, the hexes of Shaman and Witch have some overlap anyhow and a Shaman can always go for Witch Hex, to pick up Slumber, say.

Come to think of it, a Rapunzel Hexcrafter who uses her hair, a frying pan and magic at the same time does sound intriguing :smallbiggrin:
Alternate magus. Huh. Could work.

Thanks!