PDA

View Full Version : DM Help "Totally-Not-Albion" in Faerūn?

Xtreme_Banana
2020-09-22, 07:46 AM
So, I'm trying to set a new campaign, with the intended feel of Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Britain. Is there any place in Forgotten Realms like this? You know, misty forests, swamps and bogs, albeit with more eerie and mysterious feel than straight-up "evil swamps"? I recall that in Warhammer there's an isle like this (literally called Albion), but I'm not yet that much into FR lore to know such locations.

Thanks in advance!

Aett_Thorn
2020-09-22, 08:06 AM
So the people of Aglarond might not be direct Irish/English substitutes, but if I recall correctly they have a lot of nature spirits in the woods and swamps. Most of the time these are relatively friendly, but there are some that are not. Might be worth checking out.

NorthernPhoenix
2020-09-22, 08:44 AM
You could almost certainly put a place like this on one of the Moonshae Islands.

firelistener
2020-09-22, 01:56 PM
Seconding the Moonshae Islands. There's plenty of stuff that's been written about them, and they're designed to draw heavily from that region IRL.

Christew
2020-09-22, 05:31 PM
Third for Moonshae. The Ffolk and the Northlanders (two major human societies of the area) are pretty much analogs of the Britons/Gaels and the Anglo-Saxons. I believe they are pretty much intermingled at this point in Faerunian History, but you could always set a campaign in the past or alternate timeline.

LibraryOgre
2020-09-22, 05:49 PM
Moonshaes, pretty explicitly.

At the outset of the Moonshae Trilogy, the native Ffolk of the islands (which are mostly named for different Celtic places... Moray, Snowdon, etc) worship a druidic Goddess named the Earthmother. They are in conflict with the Northmen, who have taken over many of the northern isles.