PDA

View Full Version : Obscure RPG, searching for title

JackBurtonSez
2020-09-22, 04:37 PM
Hello all!

Years ago I ran across a gaming magazine or supplement that included a pull-out, self contained RPG.
The RPG was set in modern day, and was parody.

The premise was that you, the player, take a bunch of pills and then when you regain consciousness, you’re ‘in’ the games world.
Basically it goes on to list xp values for every sort of crazy criminal activity you could take part in, wandering monsters we’re ‘flatfoot sure (cops) etc.

I remember that the title of the gaming supplement or magazine had ‘ goodness’ in the title......sunshiney goodness, or sugary goodness or something, but my Net searches have turned up nothing.
I know it’s a long shot, but if any of this sounds familiar to someone, please let me know.
It’s one of those things that are at the edge of your memory, and no matter how hard you try to details, they won’t come 🤦🏻*♂️

Thanks everyone!

KoDT69
2020-09-22, 09:38 PM
Really sounds to me like:

Violence RPG

It's a 33 page magazine type modern game that revels vin it's own cheesiness ;)

Xuc Xac
2020-09-23, 01:23 AM
Sounds like "Freebase", a parody RPG where "magic" was just drugs. It was included in "Buttery HŌLsomeness", the supplement to "HŌL: Human Occupied Landfill".

JackBurtonSez
2020-09-23, 07:25 AM
Sounds like "Freebase", a parody RPG where "magic" was just drugs. It was included in "Buttery HŌLsomeness", the supplement to "HŌL: Human Occupied Landfill".

That sounds like the very thing I’ve been trying to remember! Thank you! Now I have a title to work with in my search for a PDF

JackBurtonSez
2020-09-23, 07:26 AM
Really sounds to me like:

Violence RPG

It's a 33 page magazine type modern game that revels vin it's own cheesiness ;)

Never heard of that one, but I will definitely check it out!