PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie Knight Saga

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-09-23, 02:33 AM
The Zombie Knight Saga (https://thezombieknight.blogspot.com/2013/04/about-this-blog.html), by George M. Frost, is really good.

What, you wanted more information? It's the story of a boy who has been brought back to life by the grim reaper to serve as his (im)mortal agent in the living world. Beyond that central conceit (reaper brings people back and gives them powers), the powers in the story are incredibly consistent and well grounded in science. The dialogue is often hilarious, the characters are well-built and constantly growing as people, and even the villains are oddly loveable for the most part. The story has been updating pretty regularly (typically 1 or two bite-sized pages every day) since 2013.

~~A young man dies and is offered to be revived by a grim reaper in exchange for servitude. Responsibilities typically include the fight against abominable horrors, human or otherwise. However, this young man already has a few problems of his own... such as crippling shyness.~~

Rynjin
2020-09-24, 01:13 AM
The Zombie Knight Saga (https://thezombieknight.blogspot.com/2013/04/about-this-blog.html), by George M. Frost, is really good.

What, you wanted more information?

You joke, but the main reason I haven't read it is because any time it's been recommended to me (which is pretty regularly since 2015) all anybody can ever say about it is "it's good". I didn't even get the premise until now.

J-H
2020-09-24, 01:28 AM
I read it for a year or so, and then I think I lost interest in it. It was okay but not great.
I think I dropped out some time after a battle with a dude named Stoker.

Sapphire Guard
2020-09-24, 12:12 PM
Read a good stretch of it a while ago, and did not dislike it, but somehow dropped out anyway. It was around the time

they're escaping the capital with Helen

paddyfool
2020-10-01, 02:12 PM
I had a big binge at some point in the past then dropped off from its readers. It was all right, but Mother of Learning was my favourite free webnovel I've read, and I also generally preferred The Gods are Bastards.

druid91
2020-10-01, 08:23 PM
I read up to the point where they go into the core of the earth and get lost, and hector accidentally discovers how to create megaprojectiles.