PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Time on the Astral Plane

crankykobold
2020-09-23, 03:51 PM
The Astral plane is timeless. No age, hunger, thirst, natural healing yada yada. My question is what about charge per day items such as a healing belt? When you have used all three daily charges, if and when will it recharge?
Feel free to post personal theories, house rules, etc. but I am mainly interested in RAW on this one if it exists because I aint found it yet. Thanks.

Cruiser1
2020-09-23, 06:05 PM
Timeless: On planes with this trait, time still passes, but the effects of time are diminished. How the timeless trait can affect certain activities or conditions such as hunger, thirst, aging, the effects of poison, and healing varies from plane to plane. If a plane is timeless with respect to magic, any spell cast with a noninstantaneous duration is permanent until dispelled.

Timeless: Age, hunger, thirst, poison, and natural healing don't function in the Astral Plane, though they resume functioning when the traveler leaves the Astral Plane.
In summary, the "timeless" planar trait depends on the plane. The Astral Plane is timeless, and it explicitly says the above apply. Nothing more, nothing less, so the Astral Plane's effects and the limits of those effects are very clear by RAW.

ShurikVch
2020-09-24, 01:46 PM
Even if most areas of Astral Plane are truly Timeless - in some areas, there is still a bit of time flow - it's how Githyanki are able to restore their spent magic (or, you know, to reproduce at all :smallwink:)