PDA

View Full Version : How would you build a character for the secrets in Rime of the Frostmaiden?

AttilatheYeon
2020-09-23, 11:10 PM
Hi all, i just made my character for a Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign, and i got the doppelganger secret. I built a Tempest cleric who will MC into Storm sorc. Now that i have my secret, i'm not in love with it. I'm thinking wizard esp enchanter might be really good with this secret.

Thus is an AL game, so i can respec while still t1.

So what would you all do with this secret?

micahaphone
2020-09-24, 01:29 AM
Maybe druid? Wildshaping is effectively the animal equivalent of doppelgangery, and that'll be a fun (secret) character theme. Cover story would be "the cycles of nature aren't working right, someone needs to go up there and kick the engine, see if we can't get it unstuck"

Imagine if someone tries to reveal your secret, shouting out to the tavern "That man is a shapeshifter!" and you can say "c'mon guys you seen me turn into a mouse several times, you know this already"

AttilatheYeon
2020-09-24, 02:08 AM
Maybe druid? Wildshaping is effectively the animal equivalent of doppelgangery, and that'll be a fun (secret) character theme. Cover story would be "the cycles of nature aren't working right, someone needs to go up there and kick the engine, see if we can't get it unstuck"

Imagine if someone tries to reveal your secret, shouting out to the tavern "That man is a shapeshifter!" and you can say "c'mon guys you seen me turn into a mouse several times, you know this already"

I had thought of this. I have also thought about the at will detect magic linked to Int. I also that about being a cha caster so i can bluff my way thru shapechanging.

I also think it could be fun to play a monsterous race and use the polymorph to look like a standard race.