PDA

View Full Version : Dramatic Entrances: Teleport & Bonus Action Attack Spells

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-09-25, 10:53 PM
Ever since watching an episode of Battlestar a decade or more back I've loved the dramatic combat entrance.

What has good synergy with Teleport in our 5e game?

I THINK Animate Objects and Conjure Animals work well with it. Animated Objects count as creatures and get commanded as a Bonus Action. Animals seem like Fey Creatures but its not explicitly stated.

Delayed Fireball seems close to working but I think the way its targeted won't allow it.

What other combinations should I be thinking of?

Teleport: This spell instantly transports you and up to eight willing creatures of your choice that you can see within range, or a single object, that you can see within range, to a destination you select. If you target an object, it must be able to fit entirely inside a 10-foot cube, and it can’t be held or carried by an unwilling creature.

Toadkiller
2020-09-26, 12:01 AM
I think that is why Misty Step is a bonus action. Yes, it’s short range but it can still be fairly dramatic.

Kane0
2020-09-26, 12:51 AM
I get a lot of mileage out of Thunder Step, but Dimension door and Arcane Gate are also good options.

Edit: But for an accompanying attack spell maybe Minute Meteors?

cutlery
2020-09-26, 10:11 AM
Casting Far step a round early can work. Scatter can work (if bringing others along).

Invisibility coupled with arcane gate might work.

But, if I were the DM I'd simply have a BBEG with some item or contingency to get it done so they could nova on the first teleport (two levels of fighter for action surge might well do it, too).

Transport via plants can do it, too, though it's clearly more druidic.

Thunder Step is 90ft and can bring two creatures.

Word of recall can work for the escape teleport.

Good, old fashioned teleport (7th) works, too; and can be cast from a (rather expensive) scroll.