PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Izzarra
2020-09-26, 09:55 PM
The Plague of Tamor Town, Part 2 The Cult of Brannulv. Continued from [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?596504-IC-The-Plague-of-Tamor-Town).

-----

With Ghiso's mighty blow the remaining ooze splatters apart and is not able to reconstitute.

Copying some of the unfinished stuff from the previous thread here.

Taara takes 5 damage from the fall.

With detect magic going you can see there are three separate effects and can roll separately for each one. Without detect magic it is much harder to decipher what is going on, you can only make one check with disadvantage to interpret the magic and the DC's are higher 20, 25, and 22 respectively. This check will take at least 10 minutes IC so you do not know the answer immediately, if you are interrupted you keep the initial roll.

Wind Wall.

Antimagic Wall

Teleportation Circle

In the center of the circles stands a statue almost as tall as the room, it appears to be made of clay.

DC 17 Strength save. Take 3d8 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one as a wind whips up out of nowhere and throws you across the room. Also roll initiative.

Valmark
2020-09-26, 10:31 PM
Ghiso cleaned up the pickaxe, putting it back.
"Right, we were saying...?" he asked, as he started checking out the glyphs on the ground. The other one they saw triggered on sight (or proximity?) and these didn't, and seemed to be stopping people from getting near the statue, so he figured he shouldn't touch them.

So, arcana checks, outhermost then sandwhiched then innermost.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

"The external circle is Wind Wall. It'll hurt anybody who triggers it and will make it hard to pass through, stopping projectiles. Well, physical projectiles. The other... No idea. But one is something to stop stuff from passing through and the other creates something, that much I know"

Zergrinch
2020-09-26, 11:24 PM
Not really wishing to be hurt any further, Zarron scoots out of the room without going anywhere near the glyphs. Once safely outside, he loads his crossbow, planning to shoot the statue for fun and release of pent-up aggression, once everyone is clear of the room.

Xihirli
2020-09-27, 09:07 AM
"Is he going to shoot us?" Lana asked absently. But she really didn't like the room, so she took Taara's hand and made her way out.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-09-27, 03:33 PM
"If he does, I can catch it," Taara reassured and held Lana's hand, staying close to her and between her and Zarron as if it was a genuine worry he could do such a thing.

Valmark
2020-09-27, 05:28 PM
"I doubt Zarron will try to kill us when he can't win the fight" Ghiso pointed out, though he still kept a hand near the weapon. Possessed Zarron could still try something- meanwhile he backed away from the glyphs.
"We should go back to the skeleton room and rest- we got hurt. Plus-" he looked at Lana "One of us might need some time for herself. I'm not sure what it was that you lost... But I'm sorry to hear that" he looked back at the sludge.

Investigate [roll0] to discern anything remaining of Lana's pendant.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-09-27, 07:44 PM
Taara stepped back from Lana. "Do you need time to yourself?" she asked, half-embarrassed that she might have been smothering her. "Or would you prefer that I sit with you?"

Xihirli
2020-09-27, 07:53 PM
Lana looked confused, then remembered that she was sad a minute ago. "Oh! Right. Um... no, I'd rather have you with me."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-09-27, 08:43 PM
"Okay, Okay." Taara stepped close again. "Just let me know if you want me to leave you alone, um, when you want me to."

Xihirli
2020-09-27, 09:15 PM
Lana smiled and kissed Taara on the cheek, then looked at Zarron to see how the shooting went.

Izzarra
2020-09-28, 02:19 AM
Zarron's bolt flies towards the statue but when it is about to cross the outermost circle some of the runes glow and a gust of wind springs up from the ground throwing the bolt into the ceiling.

Maybe the statue moved slightly, or perhaps it was just a trick of the light.

Zergrinch
2020-09-28, 11:51 AM
Zarron viciously mocks the statue for being a coward, and then joins the group as they take a short rest. They've taken real damage and Zarron is more than a little guilty at the injuries sustained by Ghiso and Lana, which they wouldn't have gotten had he not so cavalierly strolled into a room occupied by the ooze.

He tries to find Cailenam to request the cleric to mend his broken ten foot pole.

Valmark
2020-09-28, 12:00 PM
Ghiso unsheated his sword, resisting the urge to throw Zarron in and close the door.
"Why are we triggering the obvious traps again?" he asked tiredly, waiting as far as possible for any further effect. If his theory of keeping something in was correct, Zarron probably freed it.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-09-28, 06:08 PM
Taara watches the statue for a moment before following after Lana and the others back to the skeleton dog room. She goes to find Cailenam, who she gets her turquoise back from before suddenly hugging him and letting him go on his way. Pocketing it and noting that she should go find another smith or somebody who can make what she wants with it, she returned to Lana and leaned her head on her shoulder.

Izzarra
2020-09-29, 01:04 AM
After Zarron casts his spell one of the circles flairs briefly but nothing appears to happen to the statue.

Ghiso can make a fresh roll to decipher the Sandwiched Circle now that he has seen it in action to know exactly what it is, but you can probably guess the basics.

Valmark
2020-09-29, 05:32 AM
Ghiso studied the circle briefly before joining the others.

Arcana [roll0]

Short rest [roll1]
[roll2]

Zergrinch
2020-09-29, 10:05 AM
Zarron whips out his pan flute and softly plays a subdued tune, reflecting his own personal frustrations.

[roll0] Hit dice usage
[roll1] Song of Rest

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-09-30, 09:39 PM
Taara takes a power nap with her head on Lana's lap during the short rest.

Then, she goes to the door and waits for everyone to be ready.

Xihirli
2020-09-30, 10:47 PM
Okay I have one second level slot, my wild shapes, and my Spirit totem let's do this.

Lana sang another happy song while stroking Taara's hair and followed her, driftwood shield in hand. Because she still had that.
But not her anchor.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-04, 02:50 AM
After waiting for 3 days a few minutes for Ghiso and Zarron to get ready Taara starts heading up the stairs, confident Lana was following her.

Headed to the third floor. We cleared the second floor, yeah?

Zergrinch
2020-10-04, 05:52 PM
Zarron follows but hangs back, still nursing the bruises he got from the ooze. This was all his fault - he didn't look closely enough and he and his companions paid the price, especially the genasi's loss of substantially all her possessions and mementos that the young bard was particularly guilty about.

Having ruminated on what was protecting the clay statue in the last room, the curious bard turns to Ghiso. "So, Mr. Ghiso," Zarron says, trying to break the awkward silence, "there was a wind wall and a teleportation circle in that last room, and I'm not sure what was in between that. Why would they put so much protection around a clay statue?"

Izzarra
2020-10-06, 09:20 PM
Yes, the second floor is clear.

Xihirli
2020-10-06, 09:39 PM
"I bet the third floor is the one where they kept all the nice things that won't hurt us!" Lana said. From anyone else it might have been sarcastic.

Zergrinch
2020-10-06, 11:21 PM
Zarron raises an eyebrow, but says nothing. He does, however, obsessively keep his dancing lights turned on and shining directly on the walls ahead to suss out any more evil oozes.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-06, 11:27 PM
Taara stays close to Lana but also towards the front as they go up the stairs, giggling at what Lana says. "Yes, after the bad things that do not hurt us, the bad things that hurt us, and the good things that do hurt us, maybe that is next."

Valmark
2020-10-09, 12:52 PM
"When have we found the bad things that don't hurt us? And the good things that hurt us?" Ghiso asked sword and shield in hand, staying in the front regardless of his not stellar condition.

Perception! [roll0]

Izzarra
2020-10-10, 01:06 AM
On the third floor stair landing there is a wall to your right, a counter hugging the outer wall of the tower, and around the curve to your left is a closed door.

On the counter there are still some odds and ends, flasks and vials remining in stands, there are a dozen that are still full though the labels are faded and illegible. There are some wooden crates underneath containing dusty glassware, some broken. It looks like this was once a laboratory of some kind.

With detect magic going you see that 5 of the vials/flasks have faint auras: Transmutation (2), Evocation (1), Abjuration (1), and Conjuration (1). You also feel the strong source of magic from behind you in the bartizan.

Xihirli
2020-10-10, 01:32 AM
Lana knocked on the wall, listening to see if the wall was really what it seemed to be. Granted, she wasn't super familiar with what stone sounded like above water.

Zergrinch
2020-10-10, 02:23 AM
Zarron shines the dancing lights over every last nook and cranny to ensure there aren't any oozes lying in wait. He also pokes at the walls with his six foot pole.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-10, 10:10 PM
Taara stayed near Lana and kept watch for movement.

perception: [roll0]

Valmark
2020-10-11, 12:42 AM
Ghiso whistled, looking at the vials.
"Some of these are magical- which probably means we shouldn't drink them until we know what they do. Or throw them too close. There is something else though" he pointed with his sword at the magic that was coming from the bartizan behind them "Something powerful is there. Can't say more, not with walls in the middle. Anyway, should be safe to pick up the potions since I don't think a spellcaster would trap the table where they work"

Izzarra
2020-10-11, 03:06 AM
Lana finds the wall to be very wall like in nature.

Zarron finds no signs of oozes on this floor.

Taara does not find anything of note.

Through the door the room is much the same, a counter along the outer wall and some more dusty laboratory equipment and supplies.

Zergrinch
2020-10-11, 08:17 AM
Without actually touching them with his own hands, Zarron tries to mentally take inventory as to how many potions and vials there are, and how many empty supplies are available for the taking.

Xihirli
2020-10-11, 08:53 AM
"Ooh! Ooh!" Lana said, and when Ghiso pointed out that the desk probably wasn't trapped, she searched the table with potions and stuff for components to start filling in a new component pouch. She did not avoid touching them with her own hands.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-12, 02:19 AM
"Um, Lana," Taara tapped Lana's shoulder, and her hand wandered to feel her new clothes- a bit fancier than anything else Taara had seen before, perhaps other than the highest of the dragonborn priests who worshiped Grohtgeit and the Metallic Dragons.

"I had something to ask you. A few nights ago, when we faced that ice golem, I kissed you and that helped me get my special arms out. I realize I did not ask you if I could and so... um... sorry... er, sorry. That was unrelated. I mean, I feel uneasy about this place now that we were separated once... Make sure to stay close to me, okay? Even if Ghiso or Zarron have been locked behind a door first. Can you do that?" she looked at her girlfriend and waited for her smile and affirmation.

Izzarra
2020-10-13, 01:48 AM
Searching the counters you find 12 full vials, 8 empty vials, 5 empty jars, 7 empty bottles, a small bag of incense, items needed to assemble a component pouch, and everything needed to make an herbalism kit and an alchemist's kit except for a container to put the compounds in for transport.

One of the vials appears to be a potion of healing.

The vial with a conjuration aura is filled with a dark grey smoky fluid, it is hard to tell if it is a liquid or a gas.

There is a vial with a transmutation aura with the contents separated into brown, silver, and gray layers resembling bands of stone. Shaking the bottle fails to mix the colors.

Another vial with a transmutation aura contains a slimy green fluid that smells like tar.

The vial with abjuration aura has a yellow liquid that glimmers when agitated.

The vial with evocation aura has a blue liquid that glimmers when agitated.

There are six other vials, the contents are constantly changing, shifting color and texture. They do not have a distinct aura.

Xihirli
2020-10-13, 08:52 AM
"It was nice!" Lana said, smiling. She looked over all the stuff, then the bottles. "Okay! If you think that's safer." She started putting the materials of an herbalism kit and component pouch into the empty vials and bottles. "Does anyone have a spare pack or sack?"

Valmark
2020-10-13, 09:27 AM
Ghiso looked confused.
"Not to rub salt in the wound... But isn't your pack now conviniently empty and ready to be filled?" he asked.

Xihirli
2020-10-13, 09:59 AM
Lana looked at Ghiso, then over her shoulder. "Oh! Right! I could have sworn it was dissolved in acid!" She started loading up her pack with the improvised component pouch and herbalism kit, but kept some seeds and feldspar in hand.

Zergrinch
2020-10-13, 10:10 AM
"I think we had four packs and a couple of sacks in that cart we left outside," Zarron chimes in. He waits for Lana to take her first pick before he starts to plunder:

Small bag of incense
2 empty jars
2 empty bottles
3 empty vials
A vial with contents that constantly change color and texture
And if there are sufficient materials left over, another component pouch.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-14, 12:42 PM
Taara stared at the constantly shifting potions and felt her pack before remembering something.

"The lighting here would definitely cause the poison-light-moss-stuff to do its thing, and that is still in my pack," she explained, gradually trailing off as she hears Lana say that she has one. Some how she did not notice Lana's pack. Maybe she was distracted by something else. "Aaanyway, we can use those jars to hold it, we can coat the outside with something, that would be useful for holding that stuff."

Xihirli
2020-10-14, 11:39 PM
Lana took one jar and filled it with components, then looked at Taara. "Can I use some of your rope to tie this jar to my pack?" she asked, stuffing herbal stuff in her pack. The softer stuff went on the bottom, with mortar and pestle on top. She nodded. "This will work perfectly."

Izzarra
2020-10-14, 11:40 PM
As Zarron picks up the everchanging vial it stabilizes into a transparent liquid of golden-green color and there appears to be an olive floating in it. If you take out the stopper it smells like a mixed drink with notes of citrus.

Zarron can get all of those things. How does he prepare the glassware for transport? The jars are 1 quart [1 liter], the bottles half that.

Valmark
2020-10-15, 05:14 AM
"...Lanitfat, could you please put the heavier stuff under the softer?" Ghiso said observing her work "Otherwise the softer stuff will turn to mush under the weight and movements you'll inevitably make"

Xihirli
2020-10-15, 07:39 PM
Lana reorganized with Ghiso's guidance. "Right! I keep forgetting how heavy everything is, here!" she said chipperly.

Izzarra
2020-10-16, 12:57 AM
When Zarron places the everchanging vial in his pack it resumes shifting color and texture.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-16, 01:26 AM
"Unfortunately my rope is also in my pack and opening it would also cause the poison to come out," Taara lamented, and scratched her head. "In hindsight it might have been a bad idea to put it in my pack when it activated in light."

She looked around the room and spoke with a hint of sarcasm, which was kind of unusual for her."Well, this looks like the good-things-that-do-not-hurt-us Lana predicted would be here."

Xihirli
2020-10-16, 07:33 AM
"I have a way of telling about these things," Lana said, carrying the jar for now. "What next?" She glanced around for exits.

Zergrinch
2020-10-16, 08:37 AM
"Huh, neat," Zarron murmers as the potion resumes its rainbow color. Louder, and in response to Lana's query, he adds, "I guess we see this through to the end."

Valmark
2020-10-16, 08:29 PM
"Only one way, I guess" Ghiso pointed at the door and figured he would be the one to go open it.

Izzarra
2020-10-16, 11:18 PM
You open the door leading to the bartizan. It is a small cylindrical room that is mostly windows. It would offer a great view of the valley, if it was not for the thick fog that is still below the cave entrance.
In the center of the room you see a sphere about 10 inches [25 cm] in diameter resting on a pedestal. It is transparent and halfway full of something, it is hard to tell from your current position.

With detect magic you can see that the sphere has a very powerful conjuration aura.

While moving around on this floor detect magic reveals that there are some more sources of magic on the floor above you.

Xihirli
2020-10-16, 11:20 PM
"Wow guys, I think we've found everything!" Lana said happily.

Valmark
2020-10-17, 05:35 AM
"Another room up above. Or roof. More magic. And the sphere is very magical" Ghiso raised his shield standing by Zarron "Can you try poking with your pole? without knocking it over? Just to see if we can touch it without exploding?" he was fairly sure a pole and a living hand were different things, but he also doubted it exploded in the first place.

10 on Arcana to know what it does? Or at least a better idea then what we are seeing.

Izzarra
2020-10-17, 11:03 PM
From his current position of about 18 feet [5.5 meters] away from the sphere Ghiso is unable to ascertain any specific purpose of the sphere.

Zergrinch
2020-10-18, 01:28 AM
After tapping the floor with the pole to ensure he isn't stepping on any traps, Zarron takes a deep breath and approaches the sphere. With baited breath, he pokes it with the six foot pole very gently.

Izzarra
2020-10-18, 02:51 AM
While probing around Zarron narrowly avoids triggering a pressure plate.

He taps the sphere with the pole and it goes *tink* it sounds like glass, it does not appear to react to being poked with a stick. It looks like it is half full of smoke or fog.

Meanwhile in another room on the floor a large white and blue spider seemingly appears out of nowhere hanging from the ceiling and sinks its fangs into Lana's shoulder.

Lana takes 11 Piercing damage. DC 11 Constitution save. 21 poison damage on a failed save half on a success.

Xihirli
2020-10-18, 02:31 PM
"Ah!" Lana said helpfully, panicking. "I'm your friend!" she insisted to the spider in Sylvan. "We don't want to hurt you!"

Cue Taara punching the spider to death

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-18, 08:00 PM
Taara wheels around and screams at the spider before using her momentum to strike it with her quarterstaff then kick it twice.

Quarterstaff: [roll0] hit: [roll1]
Unarmed Strike 1: [roll2] hit: [roll3]
Unarmed Strike 2: [roll4] hit: [roll5]

Valmark
2020-10-18, 09:45 PM
"Mh?" Ghiso turned around at the commotion and spotted the spider who really didn't look like a friend- he took Taara's lead as a cue that they should smash the spider and assaulted it with his sword.

Let's see... Action Surge and Attack Attack I suspect.

[roll0][roll1]

[roll2][roll3]

Zergrinch
2020-10-19, 12:18 AM
A flurry of movement at the corner of his eye catches the boy's attention. He reacts quickly, whipping out his light crossbow and taking a snap shot at the monstrosity that's perched on Lana's shoulder.

"A phase spider! It can move around in the ethereal plane! Don't let it get away!"

== OOC ==
CROSSBOW.
[roll0].
[roll1] piercing.
On a crit: [roll2]

Izzarra
2020-10-19, 12:28 AM
The spider falls off the wall dead, crushing the counter that is under it sending broken glass flying through the air in all directions.

Everyone make a DC 12 dexterity save or take 1 slashing damage from flying glass. The ground is now covered in broken glass. If you are barefoot make a DC 10 acrobatics every time you move in this room to avoid 1 damage from the glass on the floor.

Xihirli
2020-10-19, 12:38 AM
Lana backed up, holding up her arm. "Ah!" she said as glass cut her. Then she looked at the spood, her eyes wide. "Oh..." she clutched her chest. "Why does every animal we meet die?"

Valmark
2020-10-19, 12:45 AM
"Weren't there spiders or whatever they were we didn't fight in the caves that didn't die?" Ghiso asked "Also, Zarron called it a phase spider. I don't think those are animals"

Dex save! [roll0]

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-19, 12:54 AM
"Ow, ow," Taara complained after making contact with the ground once again, before setting herself up on one of the counters that didn't have glass on it and dangling her feet, letting them kick and fall back down. She winced a little bit when she kicked with them, but she didn't regret not wearing shoes; it's easier to move this way anyway. She was glad the glass did not cut her dress again, anyway. Without Cailenam there was no one who could mend it. She could patch it, or just get new clothes, but she likes this dress.

She focused on Lana again now that she was settled. She frowned a little bit; "Every animal we meet seems to decide to attack us, when that is... clearly a bad idea given our strength, but I suppose they do not know that... Or cannot understand that." she paused, then suddenly became urgent. "-AH! I'm so sorry Lana, did you get hurt? I was worried the spider was killing you, so I struck it back. Are you all right?"

Izzarra
2020-10-19, 08:46 PM
So, there is/are:
- several potions that have not been taken, they were not crushed by the spider.
- a large spider corpse.
- a magical sphere on a pedestal in the bartizan.
- and a party that probably needs to take a long rest soon.

Xihirli
2020-10-19, 08:51 PM
"Hm? Oh, I'm alright," Lana said, though this was maybe the worst day of her life. She looked at Taara's feet and gasped. "You got glass in your feet!" she said like someone who hadn't just been pumped full of poison. She ran over and started picking glass out of Taara's soles.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-19, 10:25 PM
"Ow, ow," Taara whinged as Lana pulled the shards out of her feet. "I'm glad you're alright," she managed. "Let's gather up all this stuff and... You sure you can sleep that bite off?"

Xihirli
2020-10-19, 10:29 PM
"If I have help," Lana answered with a smile up at Taara, getting the last of it out.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-19, 10:32 PM
Taara blushed a bit and wrapped her arms around her quarterstaff. She looked to Ghiso and Zarron. "Um. This might be selfish but could you help sweep up this glass for me, please? Or if you have shoes. That works too"

Xihirli
2020-10-19, 10:55 PM
"I could turn into a horse and you can ride on me," Lana suggested. "Over the glass."

Valmark
2020-10-20, 05:20 AM
"We could always do both so no glass can get into either of Taara's feet or Lanitfat's hooves" Ghiso said, and started swishing the glass aside with his boots, lacking a better item.

Zergrinch
2020-10-20, 06:04 AM
Zarron slices off a spider leg and uses it as a makeshift broom.

Izzarra
2020-10-20, 11:53 PM
The spider's leg does not have enough hair to effectively perform any sweeping but Zarron manages to scrape a path out of the room that is free of glass.

Zergrinch
2020-10-21, 08:49 AM
Zarron looks around at his comrades, with Lana having taken the worst punishment of them all.

"You know, maybe we should rest. Let's take back what we can to the cave and come back tomorrow. There's that potion of healing over there, that rune by the staircase, and the enchantment downstairs that heats and freezes food."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-21, 01:27 PM
Taara hesitates, but carefully steps down onto the floor where there is a path through the glass now. She listened to Zarron, regarding his words emotionlessly. "I am not exhausted, but I will rest if Lana wants to rest" she grabbed the healing potion- since she would be near Lana as much as possible, she would be best for carrying it to wake her up in a high pressure situation. "What was in that room you two went to? Anything?"

Xihirli
2020-10-21, 02:15 PM
"My body is full of poison," Lana said. "I'd really like to sleep that off."

Valmark
2020-10-21, 02:21 PM
"A sphere filled of... Something. At least partially. Resting on a pedestal. It's magical and should be creating something, but until further inspection that's all we know" Ghiso said "We should leave it for tomorrow. And get away. Wary of the rune everybody, it could have reactivated"

Zergrinch
2020-10-21, 06:31 PM
"There's also a trap plate on that floor in that room. I'm going to try to set it off it tomorrow."

Xihirli
2020-10-22, 01:05 AM
Lana didn't see why they couldn't rest in the potion room where she could try and make a spare healing potion, but decided not to mention it. After all, there was a bed she and Taara could split if they went back to the creepy cult cave.
With that happy thought, she lifted her shield and brought up the rear of the group.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-22, 01:15 AM
Taara followed with Lana. She leaned over to her, placing her weight on her staff so as to not exacerbate the wounds on her feet. "About that thing you said about you turning into a horse... How does that work, exactly? How long can you do it? Is, um, riding the same as riding a horse that's a horse all the time? What happens if it wears off while I'm still riding? Can you choose every detail of what the horse looks like or is like? What happens to your clothes? Can you turn into anything else that's big enough to ride?" the questions poured out as she followed along, one after another, incongruously, but genuinely curious. "Um, I have actually never ridden a horse before. But I have seen it done. And the boy who brought the message of the plague rode a horse; the rest of the group stopped to burn it while I walked ahead and hitched a ride with a nice old man who told a lot of stories... Um, unrelated. I would enjoy riding horse-you. It sounds fun!"

Xihirli
2020-10-22, 11:01 AM
"I can be a land horse for an hour," Lana answered. "And sure! The horse is big enough to carry you, it might be the same! I've never ridden a horse either, but I think I turn into an identical animal to the ones I've seen." Lana held Taara's free hand. "Just let me know and you can ride me whenever."

I know. I know. I know. But Lana can turn into things other than a horse and so wouldn't feel a need to specify "horse-me."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-22, 05:27 PM
Taara blushed and immediately put her other hand to her face. Her staff clattered to the floor and she lost her balance for a moment, immediately slipping sideways. "Ah!" she shouted out, and she started to fall towards the wall.

Xihirli
2020-10-22, 05:33 PM
Lana grabbed onto Taara. "Hey!" she said, holding her close. "I didn't know you were having so much trouble walking. Here – I'll turn into a horse now." Lana bent her shape into a draft horse, swithing her tail about and whinnying to convey to Taara that she should climb on and ride bareback.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-22, 05:41 PM
Taara stopped falling, and blushed a bit more as she listened to Lana talking. "Ah... No, I..." she began, wanting to explain that she only momentarily lost her balance because of a silly mistake, but she perished the thought. Lana was offering. She watched her transform, picked up her staff, and climbed on. It took a few tries and coming at it from different angles and positions; she slipped off twice, and was left uncomfortably splayed over Lana's back once. Finally, she made it on, astride Lana's back with her staff safely placed between her pack and her own back. Pressing against her from all sides, she held Lana's neck and felt the horse's mane with her face.

Xihirli
2020-10-22, 05:55 PM
Lana nickered and moved with a bit of extra pep in her step, but wanted to keep steady so Taara could hold on. The snow felt weird with hooves. It's good to be a land horse... la la la la la. It's good to be a land horse... on the laaaaaand, she sang in her head.

Izzarra
2020-10-22, 10:34 PM
You return to the cave to get some rest.
It is midafternoon, there are a few hours of downtime does anybody want to do anything or just jump to the next day?

Valmark
2020-10-22, 10:54 PM
Ghiso tried wielding Blulama (name he gave to the sword) while wearing the gloves Cailenam made for him.

Xihirli
2020-10-23, 08:37 AM
Lana spent the afternoon with Taara before going to sleep.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-23, 12:13 PM
Taara spent the afternoon with Lana. After trancing and dreaming of their time together, she awoke, and once it was dark she put the poison moss in a jar and closed it tightly. She dug through the things she had left in there with it; a map to the valley, two shortswords, her rope and other equipment. It had been such a silly idea to put the moss in there with it all. But at least now she has a lamp during the night- and a deadly poison during the day! Yay. Anyway, she goes back to sleep.

Izzarra
2020-10-24, 01:53 AM
With the gloves Ghiso is able to hold the sword for a little while before the cold begins to seep through.

-----

As you sleep you feel a large presence in your dreams. You are alone in the darkness and from all around you hear a low rumbling sound. It is uncomfortably warm and something absolutely massive is moving around you slowly, very slowly. A pair of eyes open and gaze upon you. At first they do not appear to be terribly unusual but as they get closer you realize that each eye is almost as tall as you are and they glow the color of molten rock. As you try to get away they easily keep up. Right when they are almost upon you and you can feel the heat of breath upon you skin, you wake up and it is dawn.
-----

You make it through the night. In the morning the fog is still in the valley.

-----

This fog has been there for several days without dissipating. This very is unusual, fog normally burns off by midday.

The gloves let Ghiso hold the sword for 1d4+2 rounds, then they loose their effectiveness and you start taking 1 cold damage a turn until they are warmed up.

Does Taara out anything else in the jar with the moss. Food? Water?

Zarron needs to make a DC 5 wisdom save.

Zergrinch
2020-10-24, 03:19 AM
Zarron wakes up, sweating profusely from the nightmare he just had. Although he still felt somewhat refreshed, it gave him quite a throbbing headache. Not really accustomed to having such terrifying nightmares as he just experienced, the bard wonders if this was related somehow to the cultist medallion he's nonchalantly placed around his neck a few days ago. Reasoning that it may not have been the best of ideas, Zarron moves to take it off his person and place it into the communal cart.

Izzarra
2020-10-24, 05:51 PM
As Zarron tries to take off the pendant the world gets so very cold, dark, and lonely. It is like all of the heat and color is getting sucked out.

The pendent is warm and comforting, it is so very precious.

The pendent cannot be taken off, and Zarron will try to fight anyone that tries to take it from him.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-24, 06:02 PM
Taara woke up from her sleep next to Lana in bed. She sat up and stretched, which released a lot more stress than usual, then looked down at her, huddled into the sheets and pillows there. She leaned down to give a kiss on her forehead, but stopped, not knowing if that was okay. Lana would know if that was okay.

Instead, she slowly made her way out from under the sheets, and over to where she had dropped her dress and put it on, buttoning it up in the back as she had done the opposite to it the night before. She took her brush, which was now decanted from the bag-that-used-to-be-foolishly-full-of-moss, and fixed her hair while she waited for Lana to awaken.

How thick of fabric would it have to be if Taara wanted to find a sort of drawstring bag to put around the jar and tighten at the top to cover it during the daytime?

Zergrinch
2020-10-24, 07:44 PM
Zarron pauses mid-action as his eyes seem to glaze over. Yes, the medallion was comfort. It was safety. He should never take it off. Never.

Valmark
2020-10-24, 08:14 PM
Wheb Ghiso woke up, he stretched and made sure everybody was alright, still wary of that statue. He was costantly expecting to see it pop up- he could swear he saw it move. When it was evident no danger crept up on them he put on his armor, and lastily took the brazier and took the incense, herbs and charcoal (after making sure the others were alright with him taking the stuff) and sat down, lighting the brazier with the stuff up as he started his ritual.
"I hope you won't mind if we wait... Uhm... A bit more then an hour? I need to do something" he told them before starting his chant.

Forgot to post. So- Find Familiar as a ritual. The familiar will be called... Actually I can name it afterwards once it comes out. But it'll be a weasel! A light brown one!

Xihirli
2020-10-24, 08:35 PM
Lana woke up and saw Taara, which caused her to smile.
“Hello, sweetie!” she sat up. She looked down at the costume Ghiso had given her, then turned her bright eyes toward Taara.
“I think we have some extra clothes. Can you give the costume back to Zarron and get some from the cart? I think Ghiso can clean it up.”

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-24, 09:28 PM
"Absolutely, Lana," Taara smiled back at her before fixing the rest of her hair and picking up the costume. She turned back, placed her hand on Lana's, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I will be back in a minute."

She walked out of the room and went to find Zarron. "Here is the costume back. I will be getting other clothes for Lana from the cart, thank you for giving her this."

After

She goes to the cart and finds clothes- a light beige tunic and brown greaves. She also grabs some leather armor for her, and a cloak. Taara brings the clothes, which have been sitting out and have been worn by dead bodies, to Ghiso to be cleaned. She thanks him as well.

After a little while Taara returns to Lana with a pile of clothes. "I'm not sure how cute this will look on you. But you look super cute on your own, so it will be fine."

Xihirli
2020-10-24, 09:32 PM
Lana stood up and gave Taara a hug before she got dressed. "Thank you, Star!" She hummed as she put the clothes and then armor on. "I look dangerous and armed!" She reached for her sickle to draw it, but it had melted. So she didn't. "I'm just gonna go talk to the water for a bit," she said.

Lana will change up her spell preparations for the morning.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-24, 09:38 PM
Taara blushed a little bit as she accepted the hug, which she returned gently. She sort of stood in the doorway, giving a little side eye with half-closed eyes and a smile while Lana got dressed."Okay! Have fun," she replied, "Oh! I moved my moss to a jar, so if you need my rope at all it's safe to take out now."

Zergrinch
2020-10-25, 11:46 PM
Zarron takes back the costume and folds it before stuffing it into his pack. At the next opportunity, he points towards the fog and looks questionably at Ghiso and Lana. "You know, it really should've dissipated by now. Are you guys detecting anything evil from that fog?"

Xihirli
2020-10-25, 11:54 PM
Lana sang a little ditty in Aquan before refilling her waterskin. "Hm?" she looked at the fog. "Why would it leave?" she asked, having little experience with fog.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-26, 12:03 AM
Having lived in the mountains for most of her young life, Taara knows a little bit about fog. "Well, it's water, and usually the heat of the daylight makes it clear up. It's been there for over a week without moving," she explained, channeling Kaj a little bit. "Also, I found this map that I apparently put in my pack. Before I put the moss in it. It has marks on it, where other culty locations are. There are probably rituals going on elsewhere in the valley, past that mist!"

Xihirli
2020-10-26, 12:14 AM
"Oh? Should we... forget the tower and go deal with that?" Lana asked. She still didn't seem concerned about the fog. She couldn't sense if fog was evil anyway.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-26, 12:19 AM
Taara shrugged. "I'm not sure how pressing it is. And we've almost finished with the tower. So we should do that, maybe go back out so Ghiso can get that town portal thing that Cailenam got, maybe go to Qsen. We can go in when we are ready. It helps that these locations are further from towns and there would not be a major plague like before."

Izzarra
2020-10-26, 10:19 PM
So are we
- Roleplaying a little while longer.
- Going into the fog.
- Checking the statue again.
- Investigating the sphere.
- Going to the top floor.
- Heading back to town.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-27, 07:37 PM
Staring at Ghiso's new weasel a little bit, Taara followed to the statue. Unlike the other one, it did not have a weapon. Not that that was a sign of weakness, but more that there was no obvious purpose to messing with it. Since Ghiso wanted to, however, as she had wanted to fight the ice golem, she was compelled to follow their whims. It would be another decent fight to test out her arms against. That is, if this statue was a fight. Taara did not really understand how the magic behind it worked. Just that it did.

She stood next to Lana, feeling ready for anything.

Valmark
2020-10-27, 08:04 PM
I had actually forgotten Izzara had posted.

When Ghiso finished his spell a brown weasel appeared into existence.
"Hello, mmm... Breasel" he called it, showing his great skill for naming things. He presented it to the whole group briefly before they headed back into the tower.
When they approached the statue, he turned to Zarron.
"Mind if I use your pole?" he asked him, eyeing the last active circle.

Just to be on the safe side, are the other circles still deactivate? Or did they recharge like the rune Ghiso triggered the previous day upstairs would do?

Xihirli
2020-10-27, 08:06 PM
Lana started speaking to the Weasel in Sylvan for awhile, but then looked surprised when there was no response. "Is that not a real animal?" she asked.

Valmark
2020-10-27, 08:26 PM
"Afraid not. It's a spirit that takes a form of my choosing- we can talk through our minds, but no other can talk to it" Ghiso explained to Lana.

Speaking of which, it's a Fey since there are no angels/devils.

Xihirli
2020-10-27, 08:30 PM
"Well, tell him he's wonderful," Lana instructed as she followed behind.

Zergrinch
2020-10-27, 08:31 PM
Having spent some idle time the previous afternoon carving numerous albeit crude ten foot poles, Zarron hands one of them to Ghiso. He resists trying to touch the Eldritch Knight's new pet as he takes cover behind the door and covers both of his ears.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-27, 08:38 PM
Taara definitely gives scritches to the weasel when it is presented to the party. "It is absolutely wonderful!!" she gives another scritch behind the ear. "You like weasels?" she asked politely, leaving out the fact she has had weasel for supper several times.

Valmark
2020-10-27, 08:38 PM
The blue one, Lanitfat, says you're wonderful.

Ghiso did as instructed, taking the pole then going to poke first the active circle, then if nothing happened the statue itself. Delicately. He was going to tell Lana Breasel's reply after making sure nothing killed them in short order.
Unsure of who Taara asked the question he replied "Well, yes. They are cute and surprisingly ferocious for their size, like most animals of its family. And carnivorous for the most part. What's not to like?" he stroked the little familiar's head.

Xihirli
2020-10-27, 09:03 PM
"This is the first weasel I've seen," Lana confessed. "But it seems great so far!"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-27, 09:39 PM
Taara channeled Lana for a moment, that adorable boldness shining through: "Like me!" she responded to Ghiso's description of weasels with a smile.

Valmark
2020-10-27, 09:45 PM
Ghiso mentally compared his description of weasels to what he knew of Taara.
"...yes but I am not stroking your head too" he mused as if that was really something the group expected from him.

Xihirli
2020-10-27, 09:48 PM
"I can stroke your head, if you like," Lana offered.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-27, 09:53 PM
Taara regarded Ghiso's response with a giggle. "Oh, yes please," she turned to Lana, her smile widened.

Xihirli
2020-10-27, 10:01 PM
Lana started stroking Taara's hair as she walked, humming happily. Realizing it had been awhile, she started to sing in Aquan:

"Timeless sea breezes,
sea-wind of the night:
you come for no one;
if someone should wake,
he must be prepared
how to survive you.

Timeless sea breezes,
that for aeons have
blown ancient rocks,
you are purest space
coming from afar…

Oh, how a fruit-bearing
fig tree feels your coming
high up in the moonlight."

Izzarra
2020-10-28, 12:24 AM
As Ghiso taps the circle a wind whips up out of nowhere and throws him across the room.

The eyes of the statue begin to glow and dust falls off of it as the posture changes and it scans the room.

You have an extremely bad feeling about this.

Make a DC 17 Strength save. Take 15 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

From detect magic yesterday Ghiso knows that the magical aura of these circles is several orders of magnitude more powerful then the little trap upstairs. When Zarron shot a bolt at the statue the aura dimmed for only a few seconds.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-28, 12:41 AM
Taara has a bad feeling about this.

So she turns to Lana and does the only rational thing, kiss her. Her eyes go a pale white for an instant then come back a full blue shade as the arms appeared over her shoulders. They appear different from last time; they are thinner, simpler, thin and yet muscular. Glistening lights and shades of pink, blue, and purple glisten in the semi-transparent form they possess.

Taara stared at Lana for a moment as if observing her then turned away to face the statue.

Zergrinch
2020-10-28, 04:55 AM
Zarron gets an uncomfortable feeling at the pit of his stomach. He pokes his head through the door and viciously mocks the statue for being made of plain ordinary dirt!

==

Vicious Mockery. DC 13 WIS save to avoid [roll0] psychic damage, plus disadvantage on next attack roll.

Valmark
2020-10-28, 05:59 AM
Ghiso hits the wall with a painful thud, scrambling to his feet in very awkward fashion.
"The statue! Hitting it with thw crossbow weakened the circle yesterday! Not sure if magic works too" he called to the others stepping forward handaxe in hand (ha).

Ghiso will throw one of his axes! Just in case magic doesn't work. At the statue!

[roll0] damage should be 1d6? [roll1]

Xihirli
2020-10-28, 07:48 AM
Lana lifted her shield, and pushed back the worst of the wind. The moving statue scared her, so she reached a hand up to the sky – which was there, she just couldn't see it – flashed Taara a smile, and tried a new trick.
Pale moonlight shimmered into being around the statue, glowing like the outside of an aquarium as an oceanic shimmer burned through the creature's being.
She also slammed her shield into the ground, and summoned a baby beluga spirit. It flopped around, floating in the air and radiating cuteness that invigorated her allies.

At the start of its turn it must make a DC 13 CON save to halve [roll0] radiant damage!
Summoning bear beluga spirit, everybody gets 8 temporary hit points and has advantage on Strength Checks and Saves while they stay within 30 feet of the spirit I put in the middle of us. Shouldn't be a problem here.

Izzarra
2020-10-28, 09:17 PM
Ghiso's axe is not deflected by a gust of wind, but it bounces harmlessly off of the golem's head and does not even leave a scratch.

Zarron's mockery does not appear to have any effect on the golem, but one of the circles pulses slightly.

Lana's moonbeam comes down from above but the circle flairs and the light dissipates unable to reach the golem where it is standing.

The golem moves forward leaving the circle without any apparent trouble. It picks up a large stone from the rubble left by the floor collapsing and throws it at Ghiso. It clangs off his shield, the heavy impact almost driving him back down to the ground.

Valmark
2020-10-28, 09:45 PM
Ghiso hummed worriedly.
"Suddenly, I think we shouldn't stay here" he told the others, standing between the group and the golem "May I suggest getting out and checking if it chases?" he told the others.

Dodging, he'll only move away if everybody else leaves first.

Xihirli
2020-10-28, 10:13 PM
Lana pulled the air, and the moonbeam shifted to block the creature's path to them. "Um... yeah, sounds good!" she agreed.

I will step back... fifteen feet.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-28, 10:14 PM
Taara watches the stone getting thrown and knocking Ghiso back, and Lana's spell fade. Although she, with her arms, would be the one person that could possibly damage this thing at the moment, she takes a step back. She immediately turns tail and runs, a little bit more complex emotion than usual on her face as her arms continue to hover over her shoulders.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 12:17 AM
Zarron has no trouble running away like a scared little boy, because that is exactly what he is at the moment.

Izzarra
2020-10-29, 12:29 AM
Once everyone evacuates from the room the golem returns to the center of the circles and resumes its vigil as if nothing had happened.

The axe Ghiso threw can be retrieved without triggering the circles.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 12:32 AM
"Um, let's just leave this thing alone. I-I don't think we can beat it," Zarron says nervously.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 12:57 AM
Taara silently peered into the room, wide eyed. She spied the statue and made sure it was still by looking at it for half a moment, before staring at Ghiso's axe and then Ghiso himself, looking at his arms, his face, his chest, his legs, back to his face. She stands in the doorway looking at him, her face neutral and her hands clutching her staff, while her extra arms were still hovering at the ready over her shoulders.

Valmark
2020-10-29, 05:22 AM
"I agree. And contrary to what I initially thought, it won't leave that room" Ghiso nodded, looking a bit worried as Taara looked him over with two big spiritual (he had no idea what those were honestly) arms hanging around "I think it won't even re-activate. Wait here" he then went back to the room slowly, checking that the golem didn't move before retrieving his hand-axe and getting out still keeping his eyes on the statue.

When he was out, he put his axe back on his belt.
"I'm sorry to have put you all in danger. I thought those circles were a one time thing, but it seems like those are basically there to power up and activate the golem- so it's to be left alone but it's not actively harmful to people. I suspect there is a word to activate it against intruders, but luckily it doesn't look like anybody remains that knows it" he concluded. Finally, he addressed Taara.
"Are you alright? Danger's gone" he asked her and tentatively put a hand on her shoulder (the physical one) fairly sure he had never seen the elf act like that. And she wasn't possessed like Zarron.

Probably.

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 07:40 AM
Lana, seeing something was up with Taara, moved to her side in case she needed hugs and love to feel better.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 08:01 AM
Zarron heads off towards the room with the trap and the floating sphere, content that the rest of the party will be leaving the clay statue alone.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 10:08 AM
As soon as a hand was placed on Taara's shoulder, her face changed into that of desperation, a flurry of astral punches launching towards Ghiso. One wheeled around upwards into his jaw, while the other simultaneously slammed into Ghiso's side. Luckily, however, Taara somehow missed both by just a few inches.

[roll0] hit: [roll1] crit: [roll2]
[roll3] hit: [roll4] crit: [roll5]

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 10:17 AM
Lana gasped and jumped in front of Lana, blocking her off from Ghiso. "It's Ghiso!" she said, laying a hand on Taara's face. "It's me. It's La."

Valmark
2020-10-29, 10:20 AM
Ghiso shut up and backed off, letting Lanitfat do her thing. He still kept his shield up ready to intervene if Taara attacked Lana too.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 10:25 AM
Taara's wide eyes follow Lana's movements perfectly and as she comes up to her and speaks, without moving her body the astral arms are there to strike. One attack to the jaw, one to the gut. The one to the jaw is a near miss that causes Lana to go off balance, and the other crashes into her liver.

[roll0] hit: [roll1] crit: [roll2]
[roll3] hit: [roll4] crit: [roll5]

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 10:28 AM
Lana grunted and doubled over, but instead of fighting back she gave Taara a kiss on the cheek. "I'm not going to hurt you," she promised. "Come back to me, my Star."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 11:37 AM
At feeling Lana's lips against her cheek, her eyes look at her wide with anger and aggression, and the arms wind up for another two attacks but her face falls to sadness and as the arms swing at Lana they disappear. Taara falls to her knees and immediately starts crying.

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 11:39 AM
Lana knelt down to Taara and wrapped her in a hug. "It's okay. It's okay... I love you, my Star. You're safe."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 11:45 AM
Taara stops to take a sharp breath and reaches out to hold Lana as well. She mumbles into her chest.

Taara is shakily mumbling in response to Lana's words: "It's not. It's not. She doesn't. You're not."

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 11:55 AM
Lana gripped her close, patting her back. "Shh. Let me speak for myself, won't you? I say I love you. And I would know." she kissed the top of Taara's head. "Because there's so much worth loving in this wonderful woman in my arms."

Valmark
2020-10-29, 12:06 PM
There was an hushed "Awww" as Ghiso stared at the two of them, rubbing his eyes that had gotten wet looking at the two's love. His familiar climbed on his shoulder and sniffed him confused and after a brief exchange of looks it did the same thing.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 12:27 PM
Taara looked at her boo and struggled, but managed a small smile. "Yeah... I guess." she looked at Ghiso and saw him crying, but also his expression. She had not really hurt anyone, this time anyway. The last two times she killed someone and beat the other within an inch of his life. So this was... Progress? Maybe?

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 12:43 PM
Lana kissed Taara. It was a gentle, sweet kiss, and she let it linger for a bit before breaking off. "What's left in the tower?" she asked the group.

Valmark
2020-10-29, 12:48 PM
Ghiso cleared his throat, rubbing his face a last time, and Breasel did the same.
"A trap we haven't triggered, a sphere we haven't checked properly, and the... Last floor, I think? Not sure but it should be the last one" he explained, then looked around.
"And Zarron's gone ahead, now that I see. I think. I strongly doubt he went out"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 03:33 PM
Taara received the kiss and smiled wider, though not as wide as earlier. She stands on tiptoes to try to reach for Breasel, holding the weasel in her hands if Ghiso allows.

"Um, I am sorry for attacking you all of a sudden," she said to him. "I hope you did not get hurt? Can we talk later?"

Valmark
2020-10-29, 03:50 PM
Breasel seemed ready to scurry away seeing unfamiliar (it was born like half an hour earlier) hands reach out, but got a stern look from Ghiso and jumped in Taara's hands.
"You didn't hurt me- should have been more cautious myself, you were clearly on edge. Don't worry" he told her with a smile "And yes, of course we can. About talking" Ghiso turned towards Lana "Breasel said you're funny because 'you talked weird' before that whole deal with the golem"

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 04:01 PM
"Ela hahayam," Lana said in Aquan, shrugging.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 05:51 PM
Taara plays with Breasel in her hands while her closed elbow held her staff, following along with Lana and Ghiso as they head up to meet with Zarron.

Izzarra
2020-10-29, 07:32 PM
The Golem cannot fit through the only door in the room.

I am going to call that a complication and award a point of inspiration to Taara for going through with it. This point of inspiration expires after the next long rest.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 07:48 PM
Zarron waits for the others in the room with the potions. When they failed to follow, he becomes somewhat antsy and is heading back down when he sees everyone follow.

"What took you?"

Valmark
2020-10-29, 07:59 PM
"You missed the cutest scene in the world" Ghiso said with a matter-of-fact tone.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 08:28 PM
Zarron stares at Ghiso. He's fairly sure the man was involved in whatever transpired but didn't want to talk about it. The half elf shrugs and walks into the room with the floor trap, making sure to actually avoid it.

He reaches out towards the orb and touches it lightly with a fingertip.

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 08:32 PM
"Hey, Zarron!" Lana said cheerily. "Kill anything while we were away?"

Valmark
2020-10-29, 08:34 PM
Ghiso followed after him, shield in hand avoiding the trap that he remembered only because Zarron avoided it. He stood by his side ready for what the sphere could do.

Zergrinch
2020-10-29, 08:37 PM
"Hey, Zarron!" Lana said cheerily. "Kill anything while we were away?"

"Nope! Did the statue try to chase after you or something?" he replies, while nonchalantly kicking away the corpse of the cockroach he had stepped on a few seconds earlier, hiding it from the druid's view.

Xihirli
2020-10-29, 08:54 PM
"No, he just needed to be left alone!" Lana said with a smile.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-29, 09:39 PM
Taara kind of blushes when Ghiso says the scene was cute, and looks off to the side. It was not so cute, including what came before it at least. But maybe it seemed that way to Ghiso? She just smiled instead of saying anything, giving her more time to give bellyrubs to the weasel in her grasp.

Izzarra
2020-10-29, 11:21 PM
After Zarron touches the sphere nothing happens.

Now that you are in the little room you see there is a discarded bit of parchment behind the pedestal. It is crippled up and brittle.

Those of you with proficiency in arcana recognize that this is probably a spent spell scroll.

Valmark
2020-10-29, 11:43 PM
Ghiso fronwed looking at the piece of scroll.
"This... Was not left here for long" he told the others as he Ritualized Detect Magic "At least not as long as other things abandoned here. The sphere doesn't seem to be enchanted with the same school of magic as the scroll though" he studied it for a bit, also checking if there were still the same sources of magic upstairs as the day before.

Ghiso took his time, taking back Breasel from Taara twice to consult with it (which involved an intense staring session and a lot of sniffing) before giving it back and carefully prodding the sphere without lifting it up just in case.

Izzarra
2020-10-30, 12:06 AM
After spending close to half an hour examining the aura of the sphere, Ghiso is able to determine that it is not half filled with smoke, but with fog and the aura is connected to the fog in the valley below.

The parchment has a faint remaining aura of evocation magic.
From what you can tell the magic in the sphere is based on the Fog Cloud spell, this does not necessarily mean that it is duplicating the effects of Fog Cloud as it is written in the rules.

At Ghiso's current position he does not detect any magic from upstairs, because the majority of that floor is outside the range of detect magic.

Does anybody do anything while Ghiso is examining the sphere?

Valmark
2020-10-30, 12:22 AM
"This sphere..." Ghisi said after a while "I believe it keeps the fog in the valley- though I wouldn't know exactly what kind of magic it is. I do believe shattering it should end the effect, but I have no guarantee that it's advisable. Even simply moving it could activate a trap" he told the others "Or the fog inside could even be harmful. Any idea? My first istinct would be to use the pole to knock it down from a safe distance"

Xihirli
2020-10-30, 12:38 AM
"I could turn into something," Lana suggested. "And just run into it."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-30, 12:43 AM
Taara freezes when Breasel is taken from her grasp, then returns to playing with it when the weasel is returned. Realizing she is kind of hogging him, she holds Breasel out at arm's length with both hands to offer it to someone who wants to give some belly rubs.

"Maybe we should check the last floor first." she says simply while doing so.

Valmark
2020-10-30, 12:48 AM
"Oh. Actually let's do that. The sphere shouldn't walk away while we explore the next floor" Ghiso nodded "Keep the animal form for later if possible, we haven't ruled out a trample" he decided to head upstairs.

Then he stopped, and looked back.
"Evocation in the scroll. That's usually energy, including heating stuff up and cooling it" he said, going to fetch the magical tablets they found the previous day. When he had them he went back to the sphere and tried using the heating one placing it against the sphere.

My knowledges on the subject are actually pretty terrible so I'm rolling Nature, 13.

What I'd like to know is what exactly would happen if one were to cool down fog (so the water in the air) or heat it up.

If that roll isn't enough Ghiso will just try to put the cooling tablet against the sphere. Fog machines need to heat up to produce fog, so maybe cooling the sphere works.

Izzarra
2020-10-30, 09:18 PM
Ghiso balances the heat stone on top of the sphere and speaks the draconic word for "hot." It begins to glow a faint red and heat up. The fog inside the orb begins to decrease and looking outside you can see the level of the fog slowly begin to lower.

Valmark
2020-10-30, 09:34 PM
Ghiso looked outside, humming softly.
"I'm not thrilled at the idea that somebody could come and make the fog reappear after we leave, but for now that's solved. I must confess... I didn't expect it to work that nicely. Upstairs now?"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-30, 09:40 PM
"Yes, certainly." Taara agreed, nodding. Being the shortest of the party, she tiptoed to place Breasel back on Ghiso's shoulder. "Did Breasel like my playing? It is very fuzzy and warm, so I enjoyed playing with him." she began to do stretches; her arms, curled up to hold a weasel, needed some of that.

Xihirli
2020-10-30, 10:25 PM
Lana spoke in Sylvan, asking the weasel if... wait. Curses. "I keep forgetting your weasel is a lie."

Valmark
2020-10-31, 01:17 AM
"Yes it did" Ghiso said as Breasel jumped back on his shoulder "Says y- wait, what?" he turned to Lana "Breasel's not fake! It is a sterile but otherwise perfect rapresentant of its peers! No, even better then its peers! Normal weasels don't speak or cast spells, after all although I tecnically would be the one doing the casting" he explained, and the True Weasel made some sort of... Skittering indignant sound, hiding into Ghiso's pocket. The helf turned to go upstairs at a faster then usual pace.

Zergrinch
2020-10-31, 01:22 AM
Zarron spends a few moments watching the fog lower. When the others leave, he does as well, but as he exits the door, he tosses a rock on top of the pressure plate and immediately dives to the floor with hands covering his ears.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-31, 01:28 AM
Taara giggled. "Come, Lana, it may not understand your speech but it is as real as if you became a weasel," she winked at her, "It is funny when Ka... Ghiso explains things like this, though."

She runs to catch up with Ghiso. "I like Breasel. I think I will call it Brie for short. Or maybe Easel?"

Valmark
2020-10-31, 01:41 AM
"Mmm... I like the second one. Put the Easel into True Weasel" he looked down at his familiar peeking from the pocket and nodded.
"Says that Brie sounds better then Breasel and that I shouldn't be allowed to name anything else anymore. I think you've spoiled it a bit too much" nonetheless he reached out to rub the weasel's tiny head.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-31, 12:18 PM
Taara laughed again. "No, I think that is too far maybe. You gave it a name, and I wanted to give it a nickname. I gave Lana a nickname, well, a few actually, and "Ghiso" is a hard name to give a nickname for so I wanted to give your weasel a nickname. If it were named anything else I would not have named it Brie. It was a team effort" she looks down at the pocket weasel- super adorable. Reminds her of Lana walking through her hair as a spider...

"By the way, what does spoiled mean?"

Xihirli
2020-10-31, 12:20 PM
"When food goes bad," Lana said, seemingly having forgotten the context from the discussion about the fake weasel.

Valmark
2020-10-31, 12:46 PM
"Heh. Ghiso's an hard name in general- it means 'Cast Iron' in... Uh... An obscure language Father knows. Knows a lot more then I do" he chuckled "When talking about living beings, spoiled means somebody that is getting what they want without lifting a finger, more or less. In excess this could lead to people being self-centered and pretending to be serviced by others- for example, a 'spoiled princess' could be someone that never had to do anything in their life and constantly bosses around people, feeling entitled to command them and get everything they want. One could expect them to throw a fit if they don't get what they want always. It doesn't have to be bad though. And in this case it was more of a jab at Breasel criticizing me after getting petsies for most of its life as a familiar then me addressing a real flaw" he explained.
"Meanwhile, 'spoiling' someone generally means making them happy with no real work on their part. Not a bad thing unless in excess. Hence 'spoiled it a bit too much'"

Xihirli
2020-10-31, 12:51 PM
"I've never heard that phrase before," Lana said. "'Spoiled princess.'"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-31, 01:01 PM
Taara began to regard Lana's definition, as she had eaten weasel before, though with slight confusion because she was not sure how her pets and itches made Brie "go bad" in the way food went bad, then Ghiso spoke.

"I see. So should I stop?" she nodded as if she understood the whole of what he said. "I heard a lot of the first meaning, at the monastery. We were not given much to become spoiled in that way you said."

"I do not think you are spoiled, Lana, you receive being made happy because you make them happy too."

Valmark
2020-10-31, 01:03 PM
"Maybe you never dealt with one" Ghiso offered "Or talked to somebody that dealt with one. I must admit my experiences with royalty in general are restrained by ink and paper" he said, not knowing there was a princess right there.

Then registered what Taara said.
"Nah, keep going. It's happy" he looked confused for a moment "Why would Lanitfat be spoiled?"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-31, 01:08 PM
Taara looked between the two. "oh. Well, you mentioned spoiled princess and then Lana heard it and pointed it out and well I wanted to assure that it was not directed at her or anything."

Valmark
2020-10-31, 01:13 PM
Ghiso looked even more confused.
"Why would it be addressed to her?"

Xihirli
2020-10-31, 01:22 PM
"Well, it wouldn't be, I'm not a princess," Lana said. "My mom's not a queen, she's just in charge of everyone, and lives in the nicest house, and tribute is paid to her from the other houses, and the grandest titles are... hold up." Lana stopped in her tracks. "Guys, I think I'm a princess."

Valmark
2020-10-31, 01:29 PM
Ghiso stared at Lana for a long, hard minute.
"Sounds similar to a queendom. In which case you aren't likely to hear 'spoiled princess', since it could be interpreted as an insult and people could be punished for it. But I don't think that's the case" he said "Anybody that fights to save a village from a curse can hardly be called spoiled. You don't even have servants" unless her relationship with Taara was of a specific type, but Ghiso knew at least enough to avoid risking being asked for details. Or to imply something about a princess.

Izzarra
2020-10-31, 09:55 PM
It takes a few minutes for the fog in the orb and the valley clear away. After a few tries you find out that the draconic word for "cease" turns the plate off.

After everyone clears the area and Zarron tosses a rock a burst of fire fills the small hallway.

Valmark
2020-10-31, 10:04 PM
Ghiso poked his head back into the room looking at the burst of fire.
"...I'm glad we didn't trigger it with our feet" he said and then went back to heading upstairs.

Right, Perception: [roll0]

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-10-31, 10:28 PM
"Sangharsh" Taara teaches the word to the others who can't speak Draconic. She then follows up to the next floor.

perception: [roll0]

Zergrinch
2020-10-31, 10:30 PM
Zarron flashes a middle finger at the trapped room, even though nobody was there. "Haha, I outsmarted you!" he crows to the not-present trap designer, as he skips with a spring to his step upstairs. He is so happy that he is not paying any attention to his surroundings like the rest of the party was doing.

Xihirli
2020-10-31, 10:35 PM
Lana smiled at Taara. "I have no idea what that means, but you're cute when you say it." And she followed the others up without looking for any traps.

Izzarra
2020-11-01, 07:14 PM
The top floor is also partitioned in half. The room you enter is set up like a living room or a study. Some furnishings have been left behind, writing desk, bench, a painting, a small chest, a faded carpet, etc. There is a scimitar hanging on the wall. There do not appear to be any traps in the vicinity of the stairs.

There are no magical auras in this room, but there is magic on the other side of the wall.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-01, 07:46 PM
"It means the word that makes the tablets stop working," Taara explains while blushing. "Well, actually, there are a lot of words for it."

Upon entering the room Taara goes straight for the scimitar, trying to get it off the wall. It wasn't much, but it would be a weapon Lana can use.

Zergrinch
2020-11-01, 08:04 PM
First things first. Zarron takes out his improvised ten foot pole and starts testing all the floors for traps. For good measure he pokes all the walls and shines Dancing Lights into every corner of the room, including the ceiling. There is no way he is getting ambushed by oozes and teleporting spiders, no sir!

Xihirli
2020-11-01, 08:50 PM
"There are a lot of words that are cute when you say them," Lana agreed. She went over the the writing desk to see if anything was left behind to read. "Ooh, I have a riddle: Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-01, 08:57 PM
Taara was a little embarrassed and wondered what words don't sound cute when she says them. "Is it because they both have feathers? Quills for writing and things. Or are there writing desks that go "kaw, kaw" and flap their wings?"

She comes over to Lana after removing the scimitar from the wall. "Here it's bigger than a sickle so you are probably not used to it but here is a weapon for you"

Xihirli
2020-11-01, 09:00 PM
"No, neither one is like an orange," Lana responded, and looked down at the weapon. "Ooh, shiny." She gripped it in one hand. It was heavy.

Valmark
2020-11-01, 09:28 PM
Ghiso went over to the chest, looking around.

Arcana: could the scimitar be animated? What do I know about it? What about the carpet? [roll0]

Investigate in general in the room and specifically the chest without touching it: [roll1]

"I wouldn't rule out for a trap to be here, maybe hidden like the sound one. But magical auras only come from the next room over... If I were to be paranoid and a powerful magic user, I'd trap the chest and make a safe word to open it with" he said, studying the chest.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-02, 06:26 PM
After smiling at Lana one more time, Taara wandered off towards the next room.

Izzarra
2020-11-02, 10:05 PM
As Ghiso is considering the possibility of animated objects, his suspicions are confirmed as the room bursts into a flurry of activity. The chest he is examining surges forward the lid opening, spraying him with coins before snapping onto his knee.

The carpet that Lana is standing on suddenly pulls itself out from under feet tossing her into the air then wraps around her.

A chamber pot flies off the floor and lands on Zarron's head. Luckily it has not been used in a very long time.

A broom in the corner thwacks Taara right in the back of her head then follows up with another smack to her backside.

Taara and Ghiso see the painting, a portrait, begin speaking at Zarron. "Ha, Does thou know what is on thine head. Thou art most ridiculous."

The scimitar, does not appear to do anything. Although it is wrapped up in the carpet with Lana.

Roll initiative.

I rolled really well this round.

Nat 20, Ghiso takes 17 bludgeoning damage and must make a DC 13 strength save or be knocked prone. He knows that this is not a mimic.

Lana is restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating. She needs to make a DC 13 acrobatics or athletic check or be prone as well. Escape DC 13. She takes 9 bludgeoning damage at the beginning of her turn.

Zarron is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 6 bludgeoning damage. Also Zarron has been Viciously Mocked. DC 12 or 3 psychic damage etc.

Nat 20, Taara takes 9 bludgeoning damage total from two attacks.

Valmark
2020-11-02, 10:28 PM
"****!" There was a rather loud, rather atypical curse word from Ghiso as he stood up and triedto strike the chest with his magic sword- uselessly.

Initiative: [roll0]
Strenght save [roll1]

So, 3 rounds of ice blading.
8 to hit, didn't even roll damage.
10 to hit, 8 slashing damage and 6 cold.

Standing up, used my action surge.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-02, 11:07 PM
"Owwww!" Taara cries out, first feeling the strikes against her back and then taking in the chaos of the room. Lana was missing. "No, no, not again," Taara thought as she noticed the rug was in her place. So she took out one of her cultist shortswords and stabbed it then kicked it.

initiative: 13

shortsword: [roll0] hit: [roll1]

Offhand: [roll2] hit: 4

Xihirli
2020-11-02, 11:16 PM
Lana, who wasn't having an awesome time, realized everything was dark and started wriggling. She pulled herself out of the rug just in time to watch her sweetheart stab it. "Ohhh, you're the sweetest!"

No bonus actions just yet - I'd like to Cure Wounds next turn rather than Healing Wording now. Initiative count 17.

Zergrinch
2020-11-03, 12:48 AM
Although thankful that the chamberpot has not been recently used, the biting words of that portrait fills Zarron with a deep sense of shame. He fumbles around in the dark, trying to make his way towards Ghiso, with one hand on the pot on his head, and another reaching towards his magical focus. Although the pot on his head substantially muffled what he was saying, it was sufficient enough to trigger what he was attempting to do. Hopefully.

Whether or not Sleep would work on magically-animated constructs was a different story entirely.

== OOC ==
As action, cast Sleep centered around Zarron. This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. The spell affects [roll0] hit points of creatures. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures). Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected. Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.

Zarron, Taara, and Ghiso are immune to sleep due to their fey ancestry.

Initiative Roll: 24 (rolled a natural 20).

Izzarra
2020-11-03, 11:13 PM
Lana manages to stay on her feet despite the rugs attempt to fling her to the floor, however Zarron's spell manages to put her to sleep and she flops onto the ground.

The chest tries to slam on top Ghiso, but he is able to pull out of the way just in time.

The chamber pot moves back and forth and Zarron's head is like the clapper of a bell inside of it.

The crushing grasp of the rug brings Lana awake and she is able to squirm free of the rug just before Taara tears into it.

Ghiso gets up and swings at the chest but to his frustration it is able to dodge his attacks.

The portrait casts a spell and the room fills with twisting patterns of colors.

The rug goes after Taara and she gets wrapped up in it.

The broom continues hitting Taara, even though she is inside the rug.

Zarron is still grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to break free. He takes 9 bludgeoning damage.

Taara is restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating. Escape DC 13. She takes 6 bludgeoning damage now from the broom and 6 bludgeoning damage at the beginning of her next turn from the rug.

Everyone needs to make a DC 12 wisdom save or become incapacitated with a speed of 0. This is a charm effect. If Taara fails she snaps out of it almost immediately from the broom's attacks.

Initiative:
24, Zarron
21, Chest
19, Pot
17, Lana
13, Taara
12, Ghiso
9, Rug
9, Portrait
5, Broom

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-04, 12:24 AM
Taara attempts to break out of the rug, succeeding just barely. Surprised at the strength of animated objects, Taara uses her ki to run away from the rug that crushed her and Lana, the butt-battering broom, and everything else. "Best if we run!" she shouts.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Using ki point to disengage, move 45 feet out of the room.

Zergrinch
2020-11-04, 02:56 AM
Blood pours out of Zarron's ears as the chamberpot's capricious cacophony causes cerebral cortex seizures. He stumbles blindly back the way he came from, no longer thinking straight and simply moving just by instinct.

(Failed save against charm despite advantage 🤣)

Valmark
2020-11-04, 09:18 AM
Ghiso grits his teeth, looking at Zarron in difficulty and realizing there wasn't much he could do for the bard- not in his condition. But still, with Lana's heal, he had to try- thus he held his shield up to protect himself from the chest as the weasel jumped now and run up Zarron's ankle, biting on the inside of the knee to wake him up while the fighter retreated.

Sheating the magic sword.
Go grab Zarron and drag him away as much as possible.Disengage and move out.
Breasel goes and shakes the spell off of Zarron when she has a free path.

Xihirli
2020-11-04, 09:32 AM
"We can't leave Zarron!" Lana insisted, and looked at Ghiso, too wounded to help. Gritting her teeth, she lifted her shield and backed away from the fray, forming a shield wall with Ghiso and letting water rush over him.

Disengage, Healing Word 2nd level on Ghiso for 9 hp.

Izzarra
2020-11-04, 10:34 PM
Zarron admires the shiny dancing lights.

The chest tries to slam down on Ghiso's toes but he is able to pull his foot out of the way.

With Zarron not moving the chamber pot lifts itself off of his head and flies at Ghiso, landing on his head.

Lana and Tarra manage to get safely out of the room and down one floor.

Even with the pot on his head Ghiso is able to make it out of the room as well.

Ghiso's familiar manages to snap Zarron out of the trance.

The rug spreads itself on the floor.

The portrait calls the familiar and overgrown rat.

The broom chases after everyone it manages to land a hit Ghiso, and Lana is able to deflect a blow with her shield.

Zarron has the option of making a Dexterity based Deception check to try to remain still enough to avoid being attacked.

Ghiso is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 8 bludgeoning damage.

The familiar has been Viciously Mocked. DC 12 wisdom or 4 psychic damage etc.

Initiative:
24, Zarron
21, Chest
19, Pot
17, Lana
13, Taara
12, Ghiso
9, Rug
9, Portrait
5, Broom

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-04, 11:03 PM
Taara runs up to the butt battering broom in order to stab it and kick it. "Stop hurting my friends, broom!"

Shortsword: [roll0] hit: [roll1] crit: [roll2]
Kick: [roll3] hit: [roll4] crit: [roll5]

Valmark
2020-11-04, 11:39 PM
"Nnngh! They killed Breasel!" Ghiso exclaimed from inside the pot muffled "Somebody see Zarron!?" he unsheated his sword and tried to bang on the pot, sure he couldn't miss it.

But Ghiso did miss it, sorry. Nothing else to do.

Xihirli
2020-11-05, 12:14 AM
Lana looked at the pot, then down at her scimitar. She clanged it against the pot on Ghiso's head to help him hear a gong, mostly.

Zergrinch
2020-11-05, 12:18 AM
Slapped out of his stupor in time to see that he is completely alone in a room of murderous objects, Zarron immediately panics and blasts the strongest spell in his magical arsenal. Afterwards, he panics yet again as sections of the roof start to cave in. Making a split-second decision, the bard clambers out of the window-sized hole right next to him while screaming like a banshee, and tries to shimmy down to safety.

All the others could really hear was a thunderous explosion followed by a girly scream and the sound of roof stones falling. Zarron's panicked scream spurs Ghiso into action with a sudden adrenaline rush for some inexplicable reason.

==

Action: Cast Shatter. 21 damage.
Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration (d6) to Ghiso.
Move: Climb out the window.

Izzarra
2020-11-05, 11:32 PM
Zarron blows out the windows and collapses part of the roof on the top floor destroying the rug and the portrait then drops down the outside of the tower to the roof of the second floor where he can see the others through the windows.

The chamber pot moves back and forth and Ghiso's head is like the clapper of a bell inside of it. Then Lana hits it.

Taara takes a large chuck out of the broom with the sword.

Ghiso's sword glances off the pot.

The broom lands one more blow on Taara, possibly the last it will ever make.

Ghiso is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 6 bludgeoning damage.

Taara takes 6 bludgeoning damage.

Initiative:
24, Zarron
21, Chest
19, Pot
17, Lana
13, Taara
12, Ghiso
9, Rug
9, Portrait
5, Broom

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-05, 11:52 PM
"Ahhh!" Taara shouts out as Ghiso goes down with the chamberpot on his head. The sight would frankly be hilarious if not for the situation. Moving on, she attacked the broom with her sword, narrowly missing before kicking it with her shin in frustration.

Shortsword: 13 attack for 6 damage
Kick: 23 attack for 4 damage

Zergrinch
2020-11-06, 12:27 AM
Zarron pounds on the window and shouts invectives aimed at the chamberpot, making insinuations about the size of its mother. The words somehow fill Lana with inspiration.

== OOC ==
Vicious Mockery vs pot. DC13 wisdom to avoid [roll0] psychic damage and its next attack is made at disadvantage.

Bardic Inspiration (d6) to Taara.

Xihirli
2020-11-06, 12:46 AM
Lana gasped when Ghiso went down. She let water flow from her hand and swung her new scimitar into the pot, splitting it open. She then lifted the scimitar off of Ghiso's head, taking the pot off with it to slam it into the ground, splitting off a huge chunk of it.

Lana kills the pot and heals Ghiso for 7.

Valmark
2020-11-06, 01:17 AM
Ghiso stood up, angrily turning towards the broom.
"You've killed Breasel!" he roared and grabbed his war pick, trying to break it.

Standing up, grab war pick, stab.

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Izzarra
2020-11-06, 11:43 PM
Zarron's spell has no visible effect.

The chest bounces down the stairs and lands next to Ghiso.

The pot leaves Ghiso and lands on Lana's head, then she lands a blow and it stops moving.

Taara kicks the broom in half.

By the time Ghiso stands up the broom is already broken, but he is able to destroy the chest.

Lana takes 5 bludgeoning damage.

Combat is over.

Valmark
2020-11-06, 11:57 PM
Ghiso whacked the chest angrily a second time, before taking a deep breath and sheating his weapons.
"I have an idea. How about we recover Zarron and take a breather before we check the last room? he asked, then took out his warpick again "The carpet and rug could still be alive" he went to see if he could open the window blocking Zarron's way.

Xihirli
2020-11-07, 12:14 AM
"Good idea!" Lana said, and opened the chest to quickly get a look at its contents.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-07, 12:26 AM
Taara stood and nursed her wounds. Luckily, nothing that would tear or stain her one dress. It may bruise though. "I agree about the breather, at least." she took a deep breath. "I did not expect anything in that room. Ghiso, I noticed you were already hurt when we went in. That wasn't... From me, was it?"

Zergrinch
2020-11-07, 02:34 AM
While the others try to get him inside, Zarron takes a breather, and looks at the vista around him. Has the fog now lifted completely?

Valmark
2020-11-07, 06:10 AM
Ghiso shook his head.
"You couldn't hit me, although you tried- it was the golem that threw me against a wall" he said working on the window and gave her a reassuring smile, if a bit pained from the chest. And the pot. And the broom.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-07, 02:46 PM
"I see." Taara sighed shakily, but watched Ghiso's smile, wide-eyed. Noticing she was staring she turned away and went to Lana. "Did I hurt you?"

Xihirli
2020-11-07, 02:55 PM
Lana kicked the pot off to the side sheepishly, thinking of the right thing to say. "It wasn't you, Taara," she said. "You would never hurt me."

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-07, 03:02 PM
"I would not. But I did, did I not?" she asked, looking away. "I looked like some sort of scary monster for a moment."

Xihirli
2020-11-07, 03:07 PM
"You weren't the monster," Lana said. "You fought the monster off. Because you're wonderful." She left the chest and moved closer to Taara, carefully and slowly moving her hand up to caress her cheek, slowly enough that Taara could easily back away. "We'll solve this together. Like we solve everything. Alright, my Star?"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-07, 03:29 PM
Though she could back away, Taara just stands stock still when Lana holds her cheek. Her mind was too busy telling her that what Lana was saying meant "Yes, your fists hit me" and "Yes, you looked scary". "Thank you." she left it at that.

Xihirli
2020-11-07, 03:35 PM
Lana pecked Taara's lips. "You're welcome." And she skipped back to the chest to search it. That was a success, she thought.

Izzarra
2020-11-08, 12:28 AM
Zarron looks out into the valley there is a volcano in the middle with a faint wisp of smoke rising from the top, beyond it is a lake. smoke is rising from several places on the valley floor.

None of the windows are designed to be opened. They are composed of many small square pieces of glass held in place with lead.

From the coins that are on the floor upstairs and what is still in the chest you find: 91 cp, 38 sp, 23 gp, and Malachite worth 10 gp.

Xihirli
2020-11-08, 12:32 AM
Lana lifted the green stone, cradling it. "Look," she said. "It's beautiful." She handed it over to Taara for her to admire it.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-08, 12:39 AM
Taara took the object in her hands without really realizing what it was. She held it and stared at it for a moment before tears gently came down her face. She wiped them off and sniffled before responding. "Yes, it's very beautiful."

Valmark
2020-11-08, 06:37 AM
"It doesn't open" Ghiso noted and signaled to Zarron to wait, then went up the stairs watchful. When sure the other inanimate objects were dead he went over to where Zarron climbed down and pulled out a rope, lowering it to help the bard climb up.

Zergrinch
2020-11-08, 08:43 PM
Zarron accepts the offered assistance. The first thing he does once he gets back in the tower is to take out his dagger and carve the painting out of the frame.

Izzarra
2020-11-09, 02:05 AM
Returning back on the fourth floor you find the devastating results of the shatter spell. All of the windows have been blown out and much of the roof over this room has collapsed.

There is not much left of the painting, it was shredded by the spell.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-09, 02:30 AM
As soon as Zarron returns, Taara wanders off into the next room.

Zergrinch
2020-11-09, 04:56 AM
"Wow, did I do that?" Zarron marvels at the destructiveness of the Shatter spell. It wasn't quite as effective against the Ice Golem, so it must have been the dire straits and the adrenaline rush that made all that power possible. Disappointed at being unable to exact his gleeful revenge on the painting, Zarron tries to gather as much scrap of the painting as he could find, as well as the chamberpot, for catharsis.

Valmark
2020-11-09, 05:54 AM
"I'm not sure going there alone it's wise, at least before we recover" Ghiso said seeing Taara going to check into the maybe last room "Besides the spider every enemy in this tower did nothing until we got near, plus there were traps"

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-09, 05:58 AM
At hearing the word "traps" Taara stopped in the middle of a step then took it back. She turned around and walked over to where Ghiso was, then to the nearest wall, and slumped there, holding the malachite in her hands. "Sorry. I got impatient."

Zergrinch
2020-11-09, 08:24 AM
Zarron spends the rest period trying to piece together the scraps of painting and chamberpot. He also sings a stirring ballad about a group of courageous explorers who valiantly battled through a host of demon-possessed houseware. Surely, nobody could have survived the evil painting's multiple casting of Meteor Swarm and the devil pot's Power Word Kill! But through the power of friendship, they persevered and defeated their foes.

Hit dice:
[roll0]

Song of Rest
[roll1]

Valmark
2020-11-09, 08:58 PM
"No need. Being cautious isn't necessarily the best option" Ghiso noted.

Forgot to specify that I'm taking a short rest.

Xihirli
2020-11-09, 09:06 PM
Lana, whose horn was melted by acid, spent the rest touching nothingness to her mouth and blowing. She'd never gotten to play the horn for Taara, and she determined that this would have to change.

[roll0]+3 each

Izzarra
2020-11-09, 09:40 PM
Taara finds that the other room on the top floor of the tower is mostly empty. There is a bed frame in the corner and a fireplace. Hanging on a hook is a cloak and backpack.

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-09, 10:01 PM
After resting, Taara silently walked up to Ghiso and hugged him (of course, with her height, it's just around the waist, and she barely reaches halfway around) and pressed her face against his armor. After standing there like that for 5 seconds she moved to Lana and waited for everyone to decide to go into the next room.

Xihirli
2020-11-09, 10:16 PM
Lana, seeing Taara coming, offered her a hug since she seemed in a huggy mood. After the hug was complete, she opened up the backpack and took a look inside.

Valmark
2020-11-09, 10:32 PM
"...I, uh, thank you" Ghiso said, too surprised to react at the gesture. He thought of saying that Taara didn't need to, figuring it was because she still felt guilty, but decided that there was no reason to remark it and undermine the value of the gesture. They could always talk next time they got time.

He Ritual Casted Detect Magic, then followed the group into the room to inspect it.

Right, normal rolls:

11 for Perception in the room
21 for Investigate to find interesting stuff

Zergrinch
2020-11-09, 10:46 PM
Zarron insults the bed frame, the hook, the fireplace, any carpets on the floor, the cloak, and then the backpack, finishing off with a sharp jab with his ten foot pole, in that order. Can't be too careful with animated objects being an option!

Gluteus_Maximus
2020-11-09, 10:51 PM
Taara receives Lana's hug, slightly surprised, before returning it tightly.