PDA

View Full Version : Console Help - Witcher 3 Basic Draconid Oil

RedMage125
2020-09-27, 07:04 PM
I have a conundrum. I am on deployment, and boat internet does not let me visit sites like Gamefaqs. I am still missing the formula for Basic Draconid Oil, and I think it's the only Basic Oil I still need (I even have the formula for enhanced oil).

Does anyone know where I can find this formula? I would much appreciate the help.

Dire_Flumph
2020-09-27, 07:12 PM
I have a conundrum. I am on deployment, and boat internet does not let me visit sites like Gamefaqs. I am still missing the formula for Basic Draconid Oil, and I think it's the only Basic Oil I still need (I even have the formula for enhanced oil).

Does anyone know where I can find this formula? I would much appreciate the help.

If you do the Wandering in the Dark quest (from Keira in Velen) then it should be in the elf's laboratory during that quest (lab is in Byways in No Man's land, SW Velen). I believe it can be traded from Keira after that quest.

RedMage125
2020-09-27, 09:02 PM
If you do the Wandering in the Dark quest (from Keira in Velen) then it should be in the elf's laboratory during that quest (lab is in Byways in No Man's land, SW Velen). I believe it can be traded from Keira after that quest.

I did that quest a long time ago. Where do I find Keira now? I forget

Dire_Flumph
2020-09-27, 09:53 PM
I did that quest a long time ago. Where do I find Keira now? I forget

Not sure how far along you are, but if you're after the Battle of Kaer Moran then even though the game shows her leaving she should be near the castle where you buried Vessimir

RedMage125
2020-09-28, 01:30 PM
I found a list of places where random manuscripts may be found and eventually found it in an unmarked chest north of a guarded treasure.

According to my character Glossary, I sent Keira to Kaer Morhen. I've only just finished most of the Velen quests, and am currently in Novigrad. I was just irritated that I didn't have that basic recipe. Now I'm tracking down Ergot seeds, lol.

Thank you for the help, though.

Morty
2020-09-29, 03:22 AM
I found a list of places where random manuscripts may be found and eventually found it in an unmarked chest north of a guarded treasure.

That's what's going to happen. In my case I'd consider whether or not to buy a recipe and then find it in a crate somewhere. As meticulous as the game is, Witcher 3's inventory is kind of a mess.